Bio-Dome

7.2

1. CriticsareDumb
    Jan 9, 2004
    Fairly funny. About a 6 really, but there are a bunch of little crybabies who will vote 0, so I'll give it a 10 to offset.
  2. JulieH.
    Mar 16, 2004
    I worship this man.
  5. SteveE.
    May 10, 2005
    Classic Com. I don't undrstand how anyone could not like this film. The critics wouldn't know a good film if it picked a kipper off the floor and slapped them round the face with it.
  6. JordanS.
    Jul 1, 2008
    fantastic movie. I think it will go down in history for it's pure genius, people will be quoting "shave the pooche" for the next millennium and dancing to "you can dance" in true biodome fashion.
  7. JonnyH.
    Mar 7, 2010
    Side splittingly funny! If you don't like this get yourself checked out a cried for the 1hour 30 it was so terrifically funny!
  8. PatC.
    Oct 29, 2003
    Will go down in history as the quintessential politically incorrect movie. Pokes fun at sanctimonious environmentalists, so it got savaged by the liberal press, which is engaged in it's own subversion of youth far more gross and morally bankrupt than anything Shore did on-screen. This move actually rates about a 6, but the ratings have been unnaturally skewed down. [Ed: a.k.a. Will go down in history as the quintessential politically incorrect movie. Pokes fun at sanctimonious environmentalists, so it got savaged by the liberal press, which is engaged in it's own subversion of youth far more gross and morally bankrupt than anything Shore did on-screen. This move actually rates about a 6, but the ratings have been unnaturally skewed down. [Ed: a.k.a. normalization... see scoring explanation] The unprecedented 0 ratings across the board from liberal newspapers is proof of conspiracy to quash this move. Not a spellbinding plot or script, but comic relief to those who have been victimized by the humanity haters and their we-know-best green policies. Will become a cult classic. Expand
  9. MarkL.
    Jun 8, 2003
    Without a doubt, the most incredible filmic experience I have ever had in my life.
  10. LarryB.
    Jul 16, 2003
    Pauly shore's best movie ever!!!!!
  11. MikeH.
    Aug 6, 2003
    Definitely a 10 movie , has me crack up every time i watch it . stephen and pauly are hilaroius together. Every part in that movie was hilarious i could watch it again and again , ive seen it like 50 times i guess u have to understand pauly and stephen in order to find them funny cause there are some bad critics on here !!!!!! shame on you go watch it again and tell me u dont laugh !!!!! Definitely a 10 movie , has me crack up every time i watch it . stephen and pauly are hilaroius together. Every part in that movie was hilarious i could watch it again and again , ive seen it like 50 times i guess u have to understand pauly and stephen in order to find them funny cause there are some bad critics on here !!!!!! shame on you go watch it again and tell me u dont laugh !!!!! 10 movie definitely. Expand
  12. JoloP.
    Sep 13, 2003
    Fucj all those snobbish critics,, for those of us who liked the movie....HELL YEH! this movie give me stiches, those critics should go listen to classical music or wipe their ass with a Harvard Review_ Pauly Shore is DEPUTY DEEP!!!
  13. JasonE.
    Jan 1, 2004
    This is the funniest movie on earth. sciadic!!!!!
  14. Adam
    Jan 8, 2004
    Get Stoned and watch, its very entertainig with hot chicks
  15. ErloyJ.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Hillarious! Sheer stupidic brilliance! Funny movie, not as good as Jury Duty, but still worth many viewings.
  16. WillH.
    Jan 9, 2004
    Not a good movie or anything, but entertaining goofy fun. Shut up critics.
  17. IainM.
    Jan 9, 2004
    Free mahi-mahi. Free mahi-mahi.
  18. JohnS.
    Weeeeezzz.
  19. Monkeyman
    Feb 19, 2004
    I worship this movie!
  20. HenryS.
    May 4, 2004
    This movie is really funny and if u don't think so then u have no sense of humor.
  21. ChrisR.
    Jul 3, 2004
    This movie was hilarious, I love all of Pauly Shore's movies. The way he uses stupidity toward being a comedian.
  22. AndrewM.
    Jan 12, 2005
    Awesome flick one of the best of all time!!!
  23. HughM.
    Dec 5, 2005
    Terrific movie, has to be taken for what it is, if you don't like Paulie Shore then don't watch the film.
  24. ConnorK.
    Aug 19, 2005
    An amazingly complex film highlited by amazing acting, and deep, mind-probing themes. Pauly Shore's electrifying performance left me in tears.
  25. jamie
    Aug 28, 2005
    VIVA LOS BIO DOME.
  26. RitaA.
    Apr 29, 2007
    Pauly Shore was a great actor and I love his movies. This movies will always be an alltime fave of mine right up there next to Encino Man! Enjoy a movie for what it is and don't be afraid to laugh.
  27. AviatorsMan
    Jan 15, 2008
    This is one of the best movies ever. It is hilarious. Amazing plot sequence. I loved it and will always love it. Paul is my hero.
  28. JasonA.
    Apr 18, 2008
    I love Pauly shores movies... i think hes just as funny as all the other actors/comedians out there. this movie was freaking hilarious. Hell, I'm watching it right now. ROCK ON PAULY!!
  29. ARo
    May 8, 2008
    Funny funny movie!
  30. GreggP.
    May 15, 2009
    This movie is funny, this critic is an asshole and has no sense of humor.
  31. JeremyS
    Sep 4, 2009
    Bio-Dome is something that takes a truly enlightened person to enjoy. I would say that only people who have converted to Buddhism, and then abandoned it for lack of profundity, and have become at One with the natural fractal flow of the Universal Tao will truly grasp the Eternal and Sacred Truths so humorously extolled in Bio-Dome. Hare Pauly Hare Pauly, Pauly Pauly, Hare Hare!
  32. KristaM.
    Jul 8, 2003
    Stephen is HOTT!!!!
  33. RabAly
    Aug 15, 2003
    This is a great movie. Screw the critics. Every time i watch this movie i get hungry for some cheetos.
  34. F.F.
    Sep 4, 2003
    Great movie !!!!!!!!!!!
  35. BobW.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Good movie! It saddens me that none of you are intelligent enough to "get it".
  36. WillH.
    Jan 9, 2004
    Not a good movie or anything, but entertaining goofy fun. Shut up critics.
  37. RichardG.
    Mar 20, 2004
    Good Movie, very watchable, but the movie forces some issues on the views. Issues such as, actors are "done wrong" in the middle ages and Good will prevail. There are many holes in this movie, MANY. and many BIG movie mistakes especially at the end when the protagonist confronts Degese. This is a very good story though, and if this movie was in the hands of a better director it could be a Good Movie, very watchable, but the movie forces some issues on the views. Issues such as, actors are "done wrong" in the middle ages and Good will prevail. There are many holes in this movie, MANY. and many BIG movie mistakes especially at the end when the protagonist confronts Degese. This is a very good story though, and if this movie was in the hands of a better director it could be a very good feature film. Expand
  38. AmandaT.
    May 15, 2004
    It's a great comedy movie.
    Jun 14, 2004
    Great movie! One of my favorites!
  40. JaciR.
    Jun 30, 2004
    How can u not like this movie? guys like it cuz come on they're typical guys! and girls should like it cuz Baldwin's obviously the biggest idiotic hottie there is! give em a break! the movie rocks!
  41. JessicaB.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Man this movie was the best! How could you not love it? I was laughing sooo hard! BEST MOVIE EVER!
  42. KimI.
    Nov 20, 2005
    This movie is the best movie that i have ever seen.....there will never be anything like it unless there is a sequel....which i believe they should do...because paulie shore and stephen baldwin are the two of the funniest men that i have ever seen.
  43. Assassin
    Jan 27, 2005
    Ths was the best and most influential movie ive ever seen >>> POLLY SHORE RULES.
  44. MickT.
    Feb 25, 2005
    The best movie ever.
  45. steve.
    Jun 16, 2005
    A tour de force! This film will change your life! a must see!!!
  46. KevinJ.
    Apr 30, 2006
    For everyone who critiizes this movie...stop being so uptight. This isnt supposed to be anything but pauly shore and stephen baldwin going crazy....and they do a great job at that...even if you hate pauly shore you can finds laughs for just how stupid this movie is...i love it.
  47. ChrisK.
    Aug 23, 2006
    this is the kind of movie that you either love or hate, i think it is amazing, all the haters are uptights and don't know a good movie when they see it. squirrly and stub are outstanding.
  48. JesusC.
    Dec 4, 2007
    If you had an 11 i would give it that, it was wonderful. I have never scene a movie sooooo funny. It also made me very sad and i found myself crying at some points. I don't know who the heck didn't vote for it but this movie should have won Best Picture because it will forever be known as the best movie of all time.
  49. Chadw
    Oct 5, 2007
    This movie is hysterical. Period. A 1 metacritic??? F*** off, Lighten up, get a better sense of humor. I own it and love this movie & always have.
  50. GrindyS.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Released more than a decade ago, "Bio-Dome" may prove to be the most enduring movie of the 1990's, far ahead of its time as we realize in this new century when global warming manifests itself. Shore is the allegorical 21st Century Man, clumsily coming to grips with his environment and the effect he has on it, and vice versa. His buffoonish character is mirrored in the antics of the Released more than a decade ago, "Bio-Dome" may prove to be the most enduring movie of the 1990's, far ahead of its time as we realize in this new century when global warming manifests itself. Shore is the allegorical 21st Century Man, clumsily coming to grips with his environment and the effect he has on it, and vice versa. His buffoonish character is mirrored in the antics of the current administration, denying at first the onset of environmental catastrophe before embarking on a journey of self-discovery and warmth, character development that the fate of the world hinges on. Stephen Baldwin, never more astute than in this film, is a composite of the tree-hugging fringe. This odd couple is a fine metaphor for the partnership and cooperation necessary to save Spaceship Earth from its occupants. Expand
  51. Skull
    Aug 13, 2007
    The critics gave this a 1 out of a 100 which means it's a thousand time better than the Star Wars prequels.
  52. NickF.
    Jan 13, 2008
    I cried 17 times while while this movie. Not from laughter.
  53. jayc.
    Apr 23, 2008
    one of my favorite movies as a kid! it's dumb but hilarious, you have to appreciate the stupid humor of it . probably pauly shore's best haha.
  54. IsaacR.
    Apr 27, 2008
    Truly a triumph in comedy film! Pauly should run for President.
  55. anon
    Apr 27, 2008
    In my day, never has such an epic winrar as this taken me by such force that I literally cried myself to sleep every night hoping that the tears would stop. Not tears of sadness or pain, but tears of shear beauty as this movie took my brilliance virginity and made me think that my life was nothing until that moment where I SHAVE THE POOCHIE POOCHIE! SHAVE THE POOCHIE POOCHIE! !!
  56. NeilC
    Jun 27, 2008
    I can't believe the critics were so down on this movie! I mean, the scene where he goes to the cafe and shoots the cop and the gangster with the gun he finds in the toilet... oh wait, I'm thinking of 'The Godfather'. S***.
  57. GregoryB
    Nov 3, 2009
    One of the funniest and most clever movies ever made.
  58. GeoffG
    Apr 2, 2009
    Watched it for the first time since childhood (when I didn't understand a thing) recently. It's not even funny for it's ironic value!! It's just... plain awful.. so awful it angers me somehow.
  59. BoR.
    Jun 12, 2003
    By Far One Of The Sweetest Movies Of All Time!!!! Everyone Should See This Flick.
  60. BoR.
    Jun 12, 2003
  61. DanielleM.
    Jun 23, 2003
    This is my favorite movie of all time. It is the best movie i have ever seen. I don't think i have ever laughed so hard.
  62. LizandellieL.
    Aug 11, 2003
    Shame on you all who have rated this film a naught. This film cheers me every time and pauly shore is a pure genius so stop bad mouthing. We always quote Bud and Doyle and even (sadly) do the tribal dance.
  63. AlexB.
    Aug 12, 2003
    I love this movie and I have seen it at least 45 times no joke.
  64. MattW.
    Aug 24, 2003
    This has to be one of my favorite comedies of all time... kind of sad to see its rated the second lowest here.
  65. Sara
    Sep 13, 2003
    This movie is seriously THEE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! and from the sounds of it's there's alot of guys that have rated this movie, and i am a girl, and my best friend and i quote this movie ALL the time... i don't see what lit the fuse on those critics tampons while they were watching this movie, but they seriously were distracted of the greatness of it...
  66. RichardP.
    Dec 20, 2004
    Pauly reachs out in his comdy thats why it relates to so many people.
  67. JoshU.
    Jun 27, 2004
    Awesome movie how could they give it a 1?
  68. WilliamL.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I have a PHD in film from Northwestern University and I teach film theory and film production at Wright St. This film is an excellent piece and should be hailed by critics everywhere as a masterpiece of comic wonder!
  69. Luke
    Jun 16, 2005
    This is the greatest movie of all time, I cannot reccomend this more.
  70. MurdocN.
    Jun 25, 2005
    I can't count how many times I've watched this movie. A good accompanyment to some live Black Sabbath. Watch it and prepare to be eviscerated by an onslaught of comedic genius.
  71. PaulyS.
    Sep 16, 2005
    I laughed, I cried. The movie of the millenia without a doubt. The sadness of the captivity of this two pitiful souls and their relationship from there on in is engaging. Shore is the highlight, however, bringing a warmth to the movie unlike any other. SEE THIS MOVIE!
  72. MattV.
    Apr 27, 2006
    if you're closed-minded, and pay attention to every simple small thing in the world then don't watch this movie. Take this movie for what it is.
  73. TimH.
    Dec 15, 2007
    Bio dome is awesome it is extremely stupid and funny. and more people have to understand that movies don't have to be well made to be funny.
  74. BillyB.
    Apr 14, 2007
    The only reason people like this movie is because its probably the most pointless and idiotic movie ever created. The director obviously wasn't trying to make a blockbuster, but it was so horribly stupid that it became a blockbuster. That's what makes this movie great and thats why everyone, but the critics, love this movie!
  75. TimT
    Jan 27, 2008
    Not everything has to challenge you.
  76. JenniS
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've seen this movie over 200 times and still love to watch it and laugh my ass off. One of my favorite movies of all time.
  77. HarryP.
    Apr 27, 2008
    Please watch this movie! Yes, it is stupid. But, it is better than most of the crap that has been coming out lately. It makes me chuckle.
  78. Ryan
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you don't like this movie, than you have no reason to live.
  79. TomY.
    May 28, 2008
    this movie is an incredible masterpiece!!!!! it's miles better then Uwe bolls "alone in the dark". it's an absolute masterpiece with amazing actors. I'd give it an 11 out of 10 really!!! i would!!! p.ez ima hjocinn mun.
  80. FrankR
    Jul 13, 2009
    I've always liked this film. I can't put my finger on what it is about it that appeals to me, maybe it's something to do with the fact that my hands can touch everything, except themselves...oh, wait.
  81. JamieB
    Aug 13, 2009
    I don't understand people who don't like this movie, then feel it necessary to put people down who do. Was I bored when I watched it? Hell no. It was so retarded that I couldn't stop watching... and laughing. I can completely understand not liking it, but to put everyone down who can find enjoyment in this type of movie? C'mon, grow up A-holes.
  82. MelissaG.
    Nov 22, 2005
    This movie was awsome i love it and pauly and steven baldwin was awsome.
  83. Mar 2, 2011
    t's a brainless gem of childish giggles and one liners. Just the right cup of tea for dull morning.
    Plus the environmental message is there (obviously)...
    Overall I chuckle every time I watch it.
  84. Apr 21, 2011
    First of all let me just start off by saying that whoever says is a bad movie is a stuck up person. They have put tons of thought into making this movie and it blew my mind. Things that people waste ther money on when they should be buying this movie: Milk its a scam, Car its a conspiracy, and anything to do with Rebbeca Black cuz she sucks
  85. May 17, 2011
    This movie was just insanely funny, id give it an 8 but since everyone on here either gives 10s or 0s, mostly 0's i have to give it a ten
  86. Sep 10, 2011
    C'mon you lousy critics. This is a Stoner comedy. STONER as in smoking weed and having some buds. Just like Half Baked, when is the last time a movie critic saw the movie? Oh yeah, nothing. But I enjoyed watching Bio-Dome. Pauly Shore is a great underrated comedian and someday soon I love to see a remake if that might happens in the future. One of the greatest comedies of the 90's.
  87. Jan 3, 2014
    This movie is so terrible it is amazing. The irony is totally lost and the acting is awful, but I recommend this as a must-see for everybody, if not to enjoy it, to truly understand the epitome of a terrible film.
  88. Apr 7, 2016
    In retrospect, this movie is an absolute masterpiece. The whole story is a clever metaphor for youthfull 'i've seen it all' dumbness ruining the world. i like it.
  89. S.
    Oct 2, 2006
    Mr. Shore gives a mixed performance. He is unbearable through stretches of the film, and in others he nails some great jokes. Baldwin steals the show with how he plays a late-90s dope-smoking Californian slacker. The scientist who goes nuts isn't realistic enough, but is fucking funny. The premise is good for a bunch of mindless gags and nothing more. Sue me, I like this movie.
  90. AlexaS.
    Jan 8, 2004
    Actually, I thought it was pretty funny. Certainly not the most offensive movie I've ever seen (Not Another Teen Movie steals that award), maybe not the most well written, but certainly worth the ten bucks I paid to have it on video. Maybe people just shouldn't take it so seriously - it's pretty easy to enjoy this flick. I think we all ought to relax, kick back, and put on Actually, I thought it was pretty funny. Certainly not the most offensive movie I've ever seen (Not Another Teen Movie steals that award), maybe not the most well written, but certainly worth the ten bucks I paid to have it on video. Maybe people just shouldn't take it so seriously - it's pretty easy to enjoy this flick. I think we all ought to relax, kick back, and put on a little light-hearted comedy with a happy ending and a little romance. It's no big deal. I think Bio-Dome rocked. Expand
  91. ChrisM.
    Apr 7, 2006
    Retarded but funny. Sort of like dumb and dumber.
  92. Stephen
    Jun 3, 2009
    It actually blows my mind that this is rated the worst movie ever. I understand not everyone appreciates the humour, but that doesn't make the movie bad. It is aimed at a particular subset and is part of the 'stoner' movie genre, with other movies like Dude Where's My Car and Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. My opinion? Critic fail. Certain critics cannot judge a It actually blows my mind that this is rated the worst movie ever. I understand not everyone appreciates the humour, but that doesn't make the movie bad. It is aimed at a particular subset and is part of the 'stoner' movie genre, with other movies like Dude Where's My Car and Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. My opinion? Critic fail. Certain critics cannot judge a movie based on its merits to the people it is aimed at. In fact reading the reviews given to the movie, is looks like most of the people who reviewed it, didn't even try to look at it objectively. Off the top of my head I can think of ten movies which are far worse than biodome as movies within their genre. But whatever, it will always be one of my favourite movies. Expand
  93. MarcD.
    May 28, 2004
    It's really a travesty that the critics are so humorless as to make this the lowest scoring film in the history of Metacritic. I've seen it probably 20 times, and i laugh my ass off every time. It's actually very tightly scripted. Not a dull moment. SEE IT! (or make it part of a Pauly Shore marathon, with In the Army Now, Jury Duty, Son-In-Law, and Encino Man).
  94. GirthE.
    Mar 27, 2008
    I don't know what makes this movie funnier, the fact that it is done so poorly and scores as the worst movie here, or that all these people might actually like it!
  95. NickP
    Jun 21, 2009
    I liked the movie when it came out, and I still enjoy it today. I've seen it several times on TV over the years and it never fails to deliver what I expect. A stupid, funny, and timeless Pauly Shore movie that fits in well with all of his classics; Son-In-Law, and In the Army Now. Plus, it has Stephen Baldwin!
  96. NeilB
    Aug 21, 2009
    remember watching this with my best mate as a kid, stoned, and laughing so much i nearly peed! watched it somewhere between 10-20 times. maybe watching it again would seem dated and immature, but at the time we thought it was easily the best movie of the year for laughs.
  97. SteveT
    Jul 22, 2009
    As halarious today as it was when i was younger. pauly shore and Stephen Baldwin are a halarious duo and this movie, while it may not appeal to everyone, it still a funny Pauly shore classic. this is why i never read critics reviews..who cares what these people think as long as the viewers like it.
  98. BobNever
    Jan 8, 2004
    No, it's not Battleship Potemkin. But of course, if it was Battleship Potemkin, then, like Battleship Potemkin, the public at large wouldn't know about it. Everyone knows that the worst, most devoid of intellect, most worthless thing ever committed to celluloid is Intolerance from D.W. Griffith. And if the "Father of Modern Cinema" can create that steaming pile, then, in No, it's not Battleship Potemkin. But of course, if it was Battleship Potemkin, then, like Battleship Potemkin, the public at large wouldn't know about it. Everyone knows that the worst, most devoid of intellect, most worthless thing ever committed to celluloid is Intolerance from D.W. Griffith. And if the "Father of Modern Cinema" can create that steaming pile, then, in comparison, Mister Shore is a cinema master on par with Da Vinci. Expand
  99. AlanB.
    Feb 10, 2006
    This movie, i felt, was made for pure entertainment. I found this film to be VERY entertaining, even if Paulie Shore plays the same character in every flick. Not all 'good' movies are entertaining. but entertaining movies are always good.
  100. ChrisG.
    Nov 13, 2009
    I guess the fact that this has been voted as the worst movie prooves that opinions defer. I like Pauly Shore movies, and I rate this as one of his best. I found it quite funny and cool, which is more than most comedies out there. If you like Pauly Shore, Wayne's World, and these type of buddy movies go for it. That's my advice.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 10 Critics

1. The New York Times
    Reviewed by: Stephen Holden
    Thoroughly incoherent... A dreary fizzle. [12 Jan 1996, p.C12]
  2. Shore possesses only two talents -- his ability to assume yoga-like positions and fondle his own behind, and his mystifying knack for getting starring roles in bad movies.
  3. A potentially amusing comic premise -- dropping a pair of anarchic stoners into the spaced-out, sanctimonious world of New Age bio-dome enthusiasts -- gets submerged in a shower of witless gags and the feeble one-joke persona of MTV celebrity Pauly Shore.