USA Films | Release Date: September 10, 1999
8.4
Universal acclaim based on 36 Ratings
WATCH NOW
AlejandroH.Feb 21, 2007
It is difficult to describe such a masterpiece. A veritable reflective fantasy over the romani culture.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
NilsS.Apr 15, 2002
A rather "Snatch-like" surreal and enjoying film, with characters previously only found in the best of british actors.
RanH.Jun 25, 2005
Amazing movie, funny, smart, beutiful scenes, chars well shaped and intresting yet totaly insane story line! also , would like to add that the soundtrack is impresive, and adds a lot to the movie`s athomsphere. a big 10!
ChristianS.Sep 19, 2002
Funny, spontaeneous, lighthearted portrayal of what in reality must be/ have been a merciless environment. "Zany" is the best way i can only describe this movie!
FerdiB.Oct 27, 2002
Veliki bravo komsho.
TraceyL.Feb 20, 2003
Hilarious and lighthearted. my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.
MarlonS.Mar 22, 2003
This flick really has made me laugh out loud, it's easy to watch but leaves a deep impression. One of the greatest non-Hollywood films ever made! Thumbs WAY up!
YoonC.Sep 14, 2003
Insane but touching, outrageous but lyrical, absurd but magical, often disgusting but always good humored, this features all the signature strengths of Emir Kusterica whose films are orgies and feasts celebrating the circus-like musicality Insane but touching, outrageous but lyrical, absurd but magical, often disgusting but always good humored, this features all the signature strengths of Emir Kusterica whose films are orgies and feasts celebrating the circus-like musicality of human experience. An avalanche of jokes, music, laughter, violence, and sentiment, it brims over with joyousness found in the best American comedies yet showcases, in addition, the raw vitality and vision of a singular artist. Expand
[Anonymous]Dec 26, 2004
A+!
DanH.Jul 13, 2004
You must be of gipsy or at least east-European decent to really love, never the less understand this movie. ?unless you?re incredibly intelligent of course.
LeZeeDec 20, 2013
It was a weird comedy, one of those rare kind. You won't like it from its very beginning. It took me for nearly 30 minutes to understand the characters and storyline. After that it was non stop adventurous fun ride especially wedding ceremonyIt was a weird comedy, one of those rare kind. You won't like it from its very beginning. It took me for nearly 30 minutes to understand the characters and storyline. After that it was non stop adventurous fun ride especially wedding ceremony scenes were extremely amusing. Each character was funny and very unique which made the movie very special. I liked the total scenario, I mean the culture and all as in a movie which generated laughs in us.

It was a beautiful romance tale with a backdrop of gangster theme. Actually there were two gangsters in the story, where a father and a son and his love lady are stuck and struggle in between them. When a new business fails, the father is in the position with one option left to solve where his son must take the hand of the sister of money lender. In other hand the son is in love with another girl. The money lender's sister is also forced to do so yet to find her perfect man. When all these characters meet at once in the wedding ceremony, the twist and turn in the story occur and who are all getting benefit of it is the remaining.

It is unbelievable that I almost gave a high rating to this movie. You know I was not in favour of it when I began to watch after the so average opening sequences. While progressing the story it emerged as a finest comedy, in fact one of the finest comedy ever produced. For every scene after a scene it began to surprise me in every possible way. It was only moving harder and deeper reaching the core of the audience's laughing sense to tickle. I might be overwhelmed, it may not bring LOL at you because it was a dark humorous flick so definitely it will bring a large smile on your face throughout.

There was a fat pig often showed in the movie which was eating some old car's skin. I don't know what it's for and where it fits in the story but it was very much enjoyable for the moment. Like that there were many huge humorous scenes it had. Musics and dances were another advantage of the movie. For the last 90 minutes I almost forgot myself. I have been among those characters and enjoyed every second of my stay. I can highly recommend it to you but I don't know whether it is your kind stuff. Certainly I assure majority of you would love the movie and you may consider one of your all time favourite comedy ever.
resumegam3May 8, 2014
There are tons of hilarious moments that are best seen without being told about in this film. The storyline is very difficult to describe, so you can just watch the film as the plot is easy to follow. The Grga family are hilarious, and thereThere are tons of hilarious moments that are best seen without being told about in this film. The storyline is very difficult to describe, so you can just watch the film as the plot is easy to follow. The Grga family are hilarious, and there is one scene where a pig licks the paint of a car off, for no particular reason! This film is a one of a kind masterpiece, as long as you're okay with a Bulgarian film with English subtitles and tons of bad language. If you're okay with that, then go watch Black Cat White Cat!! Expand
BiasSep 10, 2016
My second favorite film of all time. It's got great spirit. Sure it has some slapsticky humor, but the characters are great. Zika carries the movie for the most part, but that's okay. Somehow it's flaws actually enhance its enjoy-ability.My second favorite film of all time. It's got great spirit. Sure it has some slapsticky humor, but the characters are great. Zika carries the movie for the most part, but that's okay. Somehow it's flaws actually enhance its enjoy-ability. It's lovable, its cute, it's morally ambiguous, just like -ummm- cats! Expand