4.8

1. LoganH.
    Sep 26, 2007
    I loved the sense of violent tension.
  2. melissah.
    Dec 16, 2006
    Excellent acting! suspense was good, there was alot of gore and some disturbing parts but overall i really like this movie!
    Dec 27, 2006
    I've heard the US version got butchered by the studio, but the EU version I watched was great. Can't wait for the DVD which hopefully should include at least all the deleted scenes, and at best a director's cut complete with Morgan's commentary.
  4. JamesN.
    Dec 23, 2006
    Really, really good. The best slasher i have seen in years, all the actors were fine (especially Michelle Tratchtenberg, and she has the best scene in the movie as well). The mix of black comedy and gore really worked.
  5. Apr 15, 2011
    When this movie ended i felt that it missed something on its way, but nonetherless the girls acting were good especially Mary Elizabeth Winsted, Cristal Lowe and Michelle Trachtenberg
  6. Apr 19, 2012
    A decent, simple horror flick, though not as good as the original by any stretch of the imagination, i'm sure young adults will love this, specifically those that enjoyed sorority row.
  7. ETV
    Apr 21, 2012
    I love this film. No matter what people say. People who don't enjoy this film are obviously taking themselves too serious and can't sit down and enjoy a movie.
  8. Sep 17, 2012
    bloody-disgusting made a good point, a horror film should be judged on it's own, not compared to the original, this film isn't great, but today, where everything else is either too gory, too sexual, or too moderated, this film kind of gets it right, and that's why it gets 10/10 - samarathenymph xoxo
  9. Jun 21, 2013
    Is a movie with many violent deaths that leave you in suspense. The performances were good although the original had more suspense, but this movie makes up for it with blood and more action.
  10. MarkC.
    Apr 13, 2007
    I was pleasantly surprised by this movie, I expected a total ripoff of the original but found a more extended background for the Christmas Killer. Found myself saying more than a few times "nasty", is the way people where killed off. To Glen Morgan I would like to say that I've gone from Renting this DVD to Buying it, it is a good companion to my original, thank you for a new I was pleasantly surprised by this movie, I expected a total ripoff of the original but found a more extended background for the Christmas Killer. Found myself saying more than a few times "nasty", is the way people where killed off. To Glen Morgan I would like to say that I've gone from Renting this DVD to Buying it, it is a good companion to my original, thank you for a new Christmas Slasher movie. Expand
  11. robing.
    Dec 18, 2006
    Far more fun than I was expecting.
  12. WesleyE.
    May 7, 2007
    A surprisingly large amount of fun packaged into what could be viewed as a very mediocre set of decorations on a rotten Christmas ham. One of the better horror remakes of recent times, made all the better by it's lack of morality. Certainly better than the recent The Hills Have Eyes II.
  13. AbeD.
    Dec 27, 2006
    Artsy camera work, heavily suspenseful, old-school slasher flick. The story is a bit scrambled, the ending a bit silly, but overall better than most of what's being passed off as "horror" these days.
  14. Jun 6, 2012
    The CAST IS NOT THE ISSUE!
    The Writing Is Creative Buy Sadly Does Not Get The Job 100% Done..
    Lacey Chabert And Michelle Trachtenberg Do An Amazing Job!

1. Reviewed by: Kat Brown
    Bad film fans will think Christmas has come early, everyone else should ask for the receipt.
  2. Reviewed by: Jason Anderson
    Lazy, perfunctory and free of tension, the new version will satisfy neither the admirers of the original nor anyone looking for a gory respite from seasonal good cheer.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    It's debatable whether the original 1974 "Black Christmas" is, as its most rabid fans claim, the mother of all slasher movies. But there can be no argument regarding the scant merits of its slapdash, soporifically routine remake, suitable only for the least discriminating of gore hounds.