8.6

1. j30
    Sep 27, 2011
    Hilarious 70's style, exploitation movie. Sex, Kung-fu, and political thriller?? It has is all.
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    As a white midwestern teenager in the 90's, I haven't the foggiest what turned me on to blaxploitation films. All it took was a single viewing of "Cotton Comes to Harlem" and I was hooked on the genre forever. The edgy (for it's time), raw style of these zero-budget gems is perfectly captured (and parodied) by "Black Dynamite". The film's charm comes from the fact that it both lambastsAs a white midwestern teenager in the 90's, I haven't the foggiest what turned me on to blaxploitation films. All it took was a single viewing of "Cotton Comes to Harlem" and I was hooked on the genre forever. The edgy (for it's time), raw style of these zero-budget gems is perfectly captured (and parodied) by "Black Dynamite". The film's charm comes from the fact that it both lambasts and reverentially honors these films at the same time. Absolutely recommended! Expand
  3. Feb 29, 2012
    This is without question one of the five funniest movies I've ever seen. It's a spoof movie that is just as smart as it is dumb. The production is excellent... excellent in the sense that it looks exactly like a blaxploitation film from the 70's. Everything in it is campy as hell, but that's the way it's supposed to be. There are so many randomly hilarious moments that come out ofThis is without question one of the five funniest movies I've ever seen. It's a spoof movie that is just as smart as it is dumb. The production is excellent... excellent in the sense that it looks exactly like a blaxploitation film from the 70's. Everything in it is campy as hell, but that's the way it's supposed to be. There are so many randomly hilarious moments that come out of nowhere, that make me laugh just thinking about it. Some may say it's a one joke movie, but you couldn't be anymore wrong about this movie. It's as entertaining as they come, and is only 1 hour and 20 minutes as it is, so it isn't overly indulgent like some comedies are. It's a quick, fun, hilarious ride, and is completely original. This is easily the funniest spoof movie of all time, and you don't even need to know anything about blaxploitation films to appreciate the humor. Expand
  4. Jun 28, 2013
    Black Dynamite fights. The only way he knows how. Ever since he was a boy, all he knew was how to fight. Fight, fight, fight. And when he got tired, he would fight some more. And now that the Man has got his back to the wall, he ain't gonna let him hurt the kids. He's gonna take him down. He's gonna take them all down.

You know why? Because he's Black Dynamite! This is the most

You know why? Because he's Black Dynamite!
    This is the most quotable movie I've ever seen.
  5. Mar 9, 2014
    This movie is honestly one of my favourite movies. One of the funniest movies of all time, I was either in tears or close to it during the entire movie.
  6. Jul 8, 2014
    We crave this movie every day!
    We crave this movie every day!
    I guess you forgot about the time you and Bravo company left my black ass for dead, huh? But I remember. I remember everything. I remember Vietnam like it was yesterday. I remember that village in Tainan that we cut down. It was a massacre. All the dead Chinamen we left in our tracks. I remember the faces, the children. This one child I'll never forget. Poor little bastard was still alive. His little Chinese legs were blown clean off! Still see his little shins & feet hanging from the ceiling fan across the hut. He was charred from his head down to his little Chinese knees. He tried to get up, but he fell over when what was left of his right leg broke off. As he laid there, flat on his face, he looked up at me. His little Chinese eyes burned right into my stomach, deep into my soul. He said something to me in Chinese like, 'Boo coo sow!', sounded like some cartoon **** But I understood it to be a question that he was asking me. And I don't have to know how to speak Chinese to know what that question was. 'Why, Black Dynamite? Why?'

1. Even if it's a one-joke movie that runs out of steam, director Scott Sanders manages to keep the gag going for 90 minutes.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    This film will delight both discriminating fans of the blaxploitation tradition and ordinary lovers of goofy, in-ya-face thrills.
  3. No matter how many trips to Kung Fu Island our hero makes, nothing in Black Dynamite captures the exhilarating absurdity of Pam Grier hiding razors in her Afro in "Coffy"--or the loony genre experimentation in "Pootie Tang."