8.5

1. Oct 22, 2011
    Ya'll be jivin' me? This is sum hot ****
  2. Sep 28, 2010
    Black Dynamite is a movie that executes the spoof genre in the utterly correct way to create a parody. With its vintage-style appearance and 70s style soundtrack, the film performs in a way that resembles the old martial arts movies that were popularized back in the day. Although its style is its strong point, there are large lapses between the laughs. There are enormous instances ofBlack Dynamite is a movie that executes the spoof genre in the utterly correct way to create a parody. With its vintage-style appearance and 70s style soundtrack, the film performs in a way that resembles the old martial arts movies that were popularized back in the day. Although its style is its strong point, there are large lapses between the laughs. There are enormous instances of humor in a lot of the one-liners and monologues, but unfortunately those entice long waits of slow dialogue. Overall, this film packs bits of action and humor, but it is apparent that it is flawed with its lack of movement in wittiness and in dialogue. Expand
  3. Dec 13, 2010
    The parody genre is one that has sadly fizzled out with movies like "Date Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Superhero Movie", and the recent "Stan Hellsing." Thank God that director Scott Sanders has come back from his ten year hiatus to give us the parody film "Black Dynamite." Taking all the things that were great about the "Dolemite" movies and flicks such as "Superfly" and then mixing itThe parody genre is one that has sadly fizzled out with movies like "Date Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Superhero Movie", and the recent "Stan Hellsing." Thank God that director Scott Sanders has come back from his ten year hiatus to give us the parody film "Black Dynamite." Taking all the things that were great about the "Dolemite" movies and flicks such as "Superfly" and then mixing it with the intelligent comedy of "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka." "Black Dynamite" is a parody done right. This is a slapstick comedy that knows you need to focus on how the stick is swung rather than the sound effect of the slap.

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  4. j30
    Sep 27, 2011
    Hilarious 70's style, exploitation movie. Sex, Kung-fu, and political thriller?? It has is all.
  5. Feb 14, 2012
    As a white midwestern teenager in the 90's, I haven't the foggiest what turned me on to blaxploitation films. All it took was a single viewing of "Cotton Comes to Harlem" and I was hooked on the genre forever. The edgy (for it's time), raw style of these zero-budget gems is perfectly captured (and parodied) by "Black Dynamite". The film's charm comes from the fact that it both lambastsAs a white midwestern teenager in the 90's, I haven't the foggiest what turned me on to blaxploitation films. All it took was a single viewing of "Cotton Comes to Harlem" and I was hooked on the genre forever. The edgy (for it's time), raw style of these zero-budget gems is perfectly captured (and parodied) by "Black Dynamite". The film's charm comes from the fact that it both lambasts and reverentially honors these films at the same time. Absolutely recommended! Expand
  6. Feb 29, 2012
    This is without question one of the five funniest movies I've ever seen. It's a spoof movie that is just as smart as it is dumb. The production is excellent... excellent in the sense that it looks exactly like a blaxploitation film from the 70's. Everything in it is campy as hell, but that's the way it's supposed to be. There are so many randomly hilarious moments that come out ofThis is without question one of the five funniest movies I've ever seen. It's a spoof movie that is just as smart as it is dumb. The production is excellent... excellent in the sense that it looks exactly like a blaxploitation film from the 70's. Everything in it is campy as hell, but that's the way it's supposed to be. There are so many randomly hilarious moments that come out of nowhere, that make me laugh just thinking about it. Some may say it's a one joke movie, but you couldn't be anymore wrong about this movie. It's as entertaining as they come, and is only 1 hour and 20 minutes as it is, so it isn't overly indulgent like some comedies are. It's a quick, fun, hilarious ride, and is completely original. This is easily the funniest spoof movie of all time, and you don't even need to know anything about blaxploitation films to appreciate the humor. Expand
  7. Feb 2, 2013
    He's super bad. He's outta sight. He's... BLACK DYNAMITE! Michael Jai White stars in this hilarious parody of classic Soul Cinema. Black Dynamite hits the streets to find the man responsible for his brother's murder, but he uncovers a much more sinister plot that involves crooked cops, drug-dealing pimps, and a trail of evidence that leads all the way back to the White House! The creativeHe's super bad. He's outta sight. He's... BLACK DYNAMITE! Michael Jai White stars in this hilarious parody of classic Soul Cinema. Black Dynamite hits the streets to find the man responsible for his brother's murder, but he uncovers a much more sinister plot that involves crooked cops, drug-dealing pimps, and a trail of evidence that leads all the way back to the White House! The creative team behind BLACK DYNAMITE has struck comic gold with their new cult-sensation. With the help of talented wardrobe and location scouts, Scott Sanders has truly allowed this film to walk out of the 70's. Every suit, every store, and every line of dialog feels authentic to the era of Blaxploitation films, while the script brilliantly highlights all of the unintentional humor and absurdity found therein. Visible boom mics and out-of-place edits are only a few of the entertaining visual references, but the clever dialog and straight-faced performances are what make this a classic. Sanders even uses the Super 16 color reversal process to give BLACK DYNAMITE a vintage look that succeeds even over major throwback pictures like Quentin Tarantino's GRINDHOUSE double-bill. While featuring a number of hysterical cameos by top comedians like Arsenio Hall, Tommy Davidson, and screenwriter Bryon Minns, no one can top Michael Jai White as Black Dynamite. He is a bad ass motha' and the ultimate ladies' man, rightfully earning his place beside cult heroes like Shaft and Dolemite. On top of that, White is insanely funny, and plays into the ironic nature of the script perfectly. Although BLACK DYNAMITE does require a basic underlying knowledge of the Blaxploitation genre in order to fully appreciate the humor, it is still a twisted treat for any fan to pick up and enjoy!

-Carl Manes
    I Like Horror Movies
  8. Sep 12, 2013
    Its pastiche may laid on a bit thick, but that's the point. "Black Dynamite" is a worthwhile lampoon of classic blaxploitation classics that's good for a good sum of legitimate laughs.
  9. Jun 28, 2013
    Black Dynamite fights. The only way he knows how. Ever since he was a boy, all he knew was how to fight. Fight, fight, fight. And when he got tired, he would fight some more. And now that the Man has got his back to the wall, he ain't gonna let him hurt the kids. He's gonna take him down. He's gonna take them all down.

You know why? Because he's Black Dynamite! This is the most

You know why? Because he's Black Dynamite!
    This is the most quotable movie I've ever seen.
  10. Mar 9, 2014
    This movie is honestly one of my favourite movies. One of the funniest movies of all time, I was either in tears or close to it during the entire movie.
  11. Jul 8, 2014
    We crave this movie every day!
    We crave this movie every day!
    I guess you forgot about the time you and Bravo company left my black ass for dead, huh? But I remember. I remember everything. I remember Vietnam like it was yesterday. I remember that village in Tainan that we cut down. It was a massacre. All the dead Chinamen we left in our tracks. I remember the faces, the children. This one child I'll never forget. Poor little bastard was still alive. His little Chinese legs were blown clean off! Still see his little shins & feet hanging from the ceiling fan across the hut. He was charred from his head down to his little Chinese knees. He tried to get up, but he fell over when what was left of his right leg broke off. As he laid there, flat on his face, he looked up at me. His little Chinese eyes burned right into my stomach, deep into my soul. He said something to me in Chinese like, 'Boo coo sow!', sounded like some cartoon **** But I understood it to be a question that he was asking me. And I don't have to know how to speak Chinese to know what that question was. 'Why, Black Dynamite? Why?'
  12. Jul 11, 2014
    Funny Blaxploitation Spoof. At first i was sceptical because before i watched the unbelievable **** Movie "Blood and Bone" also starring Michael Jai White. Of course other Genres but still, had that in mind. But its good, got this on DvD

1. Even if it's a one-joke movie that runs out of steam, director Scott Sanders manages to keep the gag going for 90 minutes.
  2. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    This film will delight both discriminating fans of the blaxploitation tradition and ordinary lovers of goofy, in-ya-face thrills.
  3. No matter how many trips to Kung Fu Island our hero makes, nothing in Black Dynamite captures the exhilarating absurdity of Pam Grier hiding razors in her Afro in "Coffy"--or the loony genre experimentation in "Pootie Tang."