8.3

1. HeathB.
    Apr 9, 2002
    This was an episode of Spider-man I watched the other day on the family channel. This was even worse than the first one, and that's pretty bad. I'd rate the first one with at least a 1. The whole movie I was thinking of a really poor Vampire:The Masquerade adventure. Maybe it would have been better if they layed off of the "Blade is a Badass" so much and tried a little storyline. Maybe.
  2. PatC.
    Jan 10, 2004
    Just like the first Blade, except all the interesting stuff was taken out. Snipes is way too stable to be directed by Herzog.
  3. KollE.
    Apr 25, 2002
    Fight scenes were cool, but the movie veers way off track with the introduction of the "vampire posse", who are completely ridiculous. Cheesy dialogue, enormous plot holes, Snipes disappearing for long stretches of time.....I loved the first one but this was a huge disappointment. Let the movie concentrate on Blade and leave the lame sidekicks in their coffins and you might have a decent Fight scenes were cool, but the movie veers way off track with the introduction of the "vampire posse", who are completely ridiculous. Cheesy dialogue, enormous plot holes, Snipes disappearing for long stretches of time.....I loved the first one but this was a huge disappointment. Let the movie concentrate on Blade and leave the lame sidekicks in their coffins and you might have a decent sequel here. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    Snipes gives a looser, cooler performance this time around, though emotionally, it's closer to dead than undead. Blade II is for the horror faithful only; others will be grasping their crucifixes.
    You can sense the difference between a movie that's a technical exercise ("Resident Evil") and one steamed in the dread cauldrons of the filmmaker's imagination.
  3. Del Toro ("Cronos") is a stylish horrormeister, and he has created an evocative, foreboding atmosphere. But only a fan of this kind of mayhem could find a way into the story.