Blade: Trinity

2.7

1. TysonB.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Went from Great (Blade) to good (Blade II) to "I've been Goyerized". Goyer = Great writer, bad director. Movie seemed fake, forced situations and the unlikely scenarios that happened in all Blade movies were boarding on impossible to buy into for this movie. Dang. I love Blade, my favorite triology for some reason, but this makes me very uneasy about the 4th one (hopefully there is Went from Great (Blade) to good (Blade II) to "I've been Goyerized". Goyer = Great writer, bad director. Movie seemed fake, forced situations and the unlikely scenarios that happened in all Blade movies were boarding on impossible to buy into for this movie. Dang. I love Blade, my favorite triology for some reason, but this makes me very uneasy about the 4th one (hopefully there is one). Goyer, Please go back to writing. You are brilliant writer, let somone else direct. Expand
  2. RichiekillaG.
    Dec 28, 2004
    This is a good movie. In fact this movie is very watchable, but it has its flaws. People dont want to see Jessica Biel and that other guy. People want to see BLADE. I was just salivating when I see how blade looked in his cool outfits (and I dont mean that in a gay way). He was all decked out and ready to fight, but we didnt see alot of him. Therefore I think the direction was wrong, This is a good movie. In fact this movie is very watchable, but it has its flaws. People dont want to see Jessica Biel and that other guy. People want to see BLADE. I was just salivating when I see how blade looked in his cool outfits (and I dont mean that in a gay way). He was all decked out and ready to fight, but we didnt see alot of him. Therefore I think the direction was wrong, Goyer must be blamed for this. The boss vampire at the end wasnt very scary either. Guys, come on -- make him scarier. I really hope these guys continue the Blade franchise, hopefully this one is just a hiccup. Expand
  3. ahmiras
    May 24, 2005
    Some parts were like if you were in the movie you wanted your money back and other parts were good ryan, west and others did good but just needed to try harder.
  4. DaveF
    Jul 20, 2005
    Two things that made this movie not suck entirely: 1. "You made a vampire...pomeranian?!" 2. Jessica Biel with a bow. Other than that, it's pretty middling.
  5. MatthewA.
    May 12, 2005
    Fair movie. Ryan Reynolds was hilarious.
  6. CodyK.
    Jun 11, 2005
    Is this movie stupid? Yes. Did I enjoy it? Yeah
  7. JaredC.
    Dec 12, 2004
    Blade Trinity wont win any awards, but if you enjoyed the other two Blade movies, you might want to go to see this one. The ending has a flaw and Dracula is a huge dissappointment, but if you liked the other two Blade movies, you probably wont find this one boring.
  8. MarcD.
    Dec 9, 2004
    Oh how this brilliant series has fallen. Besides the fact that Trinity is just too sloppy and unpolished from a visual standpoint, the story lacks any decent sense of direction or purpose. However, the Mortal Kombat style fatality comes from the mere fact that Dracula is just the lamest excuse for a villain in the history of vamp-dom.
  9. Nov 11, 2013
    Snypes is good as always (both his performance as Blade and his fighting moves stand out) but the secondary characters are annoying and make all the scenes less entertaining. Moreover, the vampires still act like idiots.
    argonautis.eu
  10. IshaJoC.
    Dec 10, 2004
    There is about a half hour of solid movie in here somewhere, but since they were shooting for the big screen instead of a spot on prime time NBC, it seems like they had a meeting to figure out what to throw in to take it from 30 minutes, to just under 2 hours. They threw in the most pointless shower scene ever, randomly throw people through glass, and try to find every overused, tired There is about a half hour of solid movie in here somewhere, but since they were shooting for the big screen instead of a spot on prime time NBC, it seems like they had a meeting to figure out what to throw in to take it from 30 minutes, to just under 2 hours. They threw in the most pointless shower scene ever, randomly throw people through glass, and try to find every overused, tired cliche to take up some more time. The makers of this movie obviously were fans of The Matrix and Resident evil 2 judging from the scene in the warehouse (My friends and I were waiting for Lawrence Fishbourne to come in and pull a battery out of his pocket) and the vampire pomeranian. The only possible saving grace in this movie is Ryan Reynolds and his sarcasm, but there isn't enough to save the film overall. Wait for it to come out on video and con a friend into paying to rent it so you don't feel ripped off. Expand
  11. SevG
    Jan 7, 2005
    Very average! Loved B 1 and 2... 3rd is simply garbage and an Apple sales pod.
  12. LeighD.
    Apr 29, 2005
    I loved the first two films but the third was pants! Pants storyline & Reynolds was not funny. A immature idea to have Posey's vampire teeth in her privates. Loads of unanswered questions I think!
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    Blade Trinity is pretty bad. I never understood why most of the characters die within minutes of being given a back story, or why half the action sequences take place during the day or why Dracula supposedly is the strongest vampire on earth after Blade has fought both the original vampires, mutant vampires and vampire gods.

1. Thankfully, Reynolds (bearded, looking a bit like Jason Lee) adds some scrappiness and humor to a series that might otherwise have collapsed under self-parody.
  2. Should reasonably please fans of the genre before assuming its place in the horror section of your local video store.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Won't linger in the memory long, but gives pretty good action eye-candy while it's going.