8.3

1. Nov 18, 2012
    A very entertaining movie with a very good soundtrack, this film is awesome.
  2. Jan 14, 2012
    The plot itself was to my liking but the movie itself was comparable to Underworld. I prefer Blade over Underworld on both their debuts as a series. I have yet to see the sequels of either though. The costume was much more nicer in Underworld and I enjoyed the Vampire's sophistication in that movie but the action was much more in Blade by Snipes.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Wesley Snipes was definitely the best option for this character which he gives the right personality to, Chris Christofferson it's also a good addition to the movie. The plot could have been better but it's a very entertaining movie and for those familiarized with the comic book are also going to enjoy it.
  4. Dec 2, 2013
    I really love the original Blade. It opened up the door for the Superhero films of the 21st century to be dark, violent as show someone as an anti-hero. It also helps that Stephen Dorf is pretty frickin' hot in this film.
  5. Jan 8, 2014
    Blade is a film that has aged extremely well. This especially goes for some of the special effects, the action sequences and fight choreography. Moreover, this film not only served as an obvious influence to the Underworld film series, but appears to have set the tone for the more severe atmosphere in the films of the ongoing DC comics revival (Batman series, Man of Steel). This is theBlade is a film that has aged extremely well. This especially goes for some of the special effects, the action sequences and fight choreography. Moreover, this film not only served as an obvious influence to the Underworld film series, but appears to have set the tone for the more severe atmosphere in the films of the ongoing DC comics revival (Batman series, Man of Steel). This is the type of film that compels me to overlook the cheese and plot holes and enjoys the show. Expand
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    This movie gets you from the opening club scene of vampire action. Yet another comic I hadnâ
  7. Sep 27, 2011
    "Blade" has its right character with Wesley Snipes as the Vampire hunter Blade. But the movie is bathed in the wrong dialogues and childish scripts. Overall a film you want to watch when free of your time. No more, no less.
  8. Aug 21, 2013
    Wesley Snipes puts on a charismatic performance as the lead, and the action is intense. However, this is overshadowed by a vaguely written script, and a supporting cast that's wooden at best.
  9. Jan 3, 2015
    A steady action-packed movie from the beginning to end. Wesley Snipes as Blade doesn't say much, and is altogether a stereotypical hero. He is irresistable, though; he can do the same things as a bunch of other action actors, and still come out of it looking cool and entertaining. I liked the music; it's fitting. Also the fighting scenes are the entertaning type, having little new toA steady action-packed movie from the beginning to end. Wesley Snipes as Blade doesn't say much, and is altogether a stereotypical hero. He is irresistable, though; he can do the same things as a bunch of other action actors, and still come out of it looking cool and entertaining. I liked the music; it's fitting. Also the fighting scenes are the entertaning type, having little new to offer, but yet far from dull or boring. At times the special effects were really bad, but that is only for a few little moments, which by the end was almost amusing. Good ending and none of the sappy, "necessary" romance anywhere in the film, which I liked. There is a plot, there is action, and the characters come out as their individual selves, with their own little quirks. Expand
  10. Jan 23, 2015
    Good movie if you are in the mood for destruction and violence against bad guys. The story itself is straight forward and revolves around a vampire killing vampire. You can probably guess most of the plot just based on that one sentence but the good thing about this movie is you dont have to put up with a lot of mind endless numbingly bad dialog, horrible over acting and unnecessaryGood movie if you are in the mood for destruction and violence against bad guys. The story itself is straight forward and revolves around a vampire killing vampire. You can probably guess most of the plot just based on that one sentence but the good thing about this movie is you dont have to put up with a lot of mind endless numbingly bad dialog, horrible over acting and unnecessary scenes. It gets to the point by telling you about the character and plot and then executing without delay. I can point to a lot of action flicks that took themselves too seriously and ended up being embarrassing to watch (Transformers is a good example of bad action movies). A good flick, good enough to be remembered after more than a decade. Expand
  11. Dec 18, 2014
    Blade is a bit different from other super hero films. It is one of the earlier movies based on a Marvel character. Although Stan Lee is still involved in the movie as an executive producer. The movie is dark, which we get used to after watching the Dark Knight trilogy. It shows a lot more blood and has more swearing than any Marvel hero movie I've watched so if your not a fan of MarvelBlade is a bit different from other super hero films. It is one of the earlier movies based on a Marvel character. Although Stan Lee is still involved in the movie as an executive producer. The movie is dark, which we get used to after watching the Dark Knight trilogy. It shows a lot more blood and has more swearing than any Marvel hero movie I've watched so if your not a fan of Marvel films you could certainly enjoy Blade. Wesley Snipes is unstoppable in what could be my favorite role that I've seen from him, there is no one else that could've played him better. However I didn't like the villain, I found him a bit weak considering the movie was 2 hours long. Expand
  12. May 17, 2015
    Blade is one of the coolest looking comic book action movies. Wesley Snipes is perfectly cast in the movie and the action is astounding. The movie has a dark atmosphere that suits it because it is a vampire movie.
    Blade is enormous fun and the movie doesn't have a dull moment or one unimpressive action scene.
    One of my favourite comic book movies that I will never tire of.

1. Big as it is, Blade' is meticulous and subtle, not just in its camera technique but in the way it works its themes and creates a mood.
  2. Reviewed by: Sarah Kerr
    Adapted from the Marvel Comics series, this movie lacks the mournfulness that sustains a good horror strip; it's trashy, but too deafening and invasive to have the appeal of good pulp.
  3. Often ridiculous, mostly poorly written and, surprisingly poorly acted too. No matter how many flashy scenes the filmmakers shoot, the bad lines just keep dripping down. [21 Aug 1998]