7.6

1. Jan 8, 2014
    Blade is a film that has aged extremely well. This especially goes for some of the special effects, the action sequences and fight choreography. Moreover, this film not only served as an obvious influence to the Underworld film series, but appears to have set the tone for the more severe atmosphere in the films of the ongoing DC comics revival (Batman series, Man of Steel). This is the type of film that compels me to overlook the cheese and plot holes and enjoys the show. Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2013
    I really love the original Blade. It opened up the door for the Superhero films of the 21st century to be dark, violent as show someone as an anti-hero. It also helps that Stephen Dorf is pretty frickin' hot in this film.
  3. Aug 21, 2013
    Wesley Snipes puts on a charismatic performance as the lead, and the action is intense. However, this is overshadowed by a vaguely written script, and a supporting cast that's wooden at best.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Wesley Snipes was definitely the best option for this character which he gives the right personality to, Chris Christofferson it's also a good addition to the movie. The plot could have been better but it's a very entertaining movie and for those familiarized with the comic book are also going to enjoy it.
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    A very entertaining movie with a very good soundtrack, this film is awesome.
  6. Jan 14, 2012
    The plot itself was to my liking but the movie itself was comparable to Underworld. I prefer Blade over Underworld on both their debuts as a series. I have yet to see the sequels of either though. The costume was much more nicer in Underworld and I enjoyed the Vampire's sophistication in that movie but the action was much more in Blade by Snipes.
  7. Sep 27, 2011
    "Blade" has its right character with Wesley Snipes as the Vampire hunter Blade. But the movie is bathed in the wrong dialogues and childish scripts. Overall a film you want to watch when free of your time. No more, no less.
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    This movie gets you from the opening club scene of vampire action. Yet another comic I hadnâ

1. Big as it is, Blade' is meticulous and subtle, not just in its camera technique but in the way it works its themes and creates a mood.
  2. Reviewed by: Sarah Kerr
    Adapted from the Marvel Comics series, this movie lacks the mournfulness that sustains a good horror strip; it's trashy, but too deafening and invasive to have the appeal of good pulp.
  3. Often ridiculous, mostly poorly written and, surprisingly poorly acted too. No matter how many flashy scenes the filmmakers shoot, the bad lines just keep dripping down. [21 Aug 1998]