Blended

4.1

1. Sep 30, 2014
    Boring, stupid and I forgot most of it immediately afterward. Ironically it's kind of like Sandler's last 5 romantic comedies blended into 1 predictable, slightly nauseating movie. That band that keeps popping up annoys me more than words can describe.
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    I enjoyed it it is a funny movie almost better then Grown ups 2 witch I liked. Blended seats on the number 23rd spot for my favourite movies of all time. It had funny jokes but it should have been M (PG 13 in USA) then PG in Australia with jokes about jerking off. It is funny and should be seen by people who love comedy,people who are dating,people who married and kids over 11. The movieI enjoyed it it is a funny movie almost better then Grown ups 2 witch I liked. Blended seats on the number 23rd spot for my favourite movies of all time. It had funny jokes but it should have been M (PG 13 in USA) then PG in Australia with jokes about jerking off. It is funny and should be seen by people who love comedy,people who are dating,people who married and kids over 11. The movie has a lot of funny jokes and the story shows two people who hate each other coming together like a family. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2015
    I didn't have high expectations for Blended. It looked like it was going to be a painful watch through the first twenty minutes, but it quickly blossoms into a fun film. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore have been working together for almost 20 years now and this film is just as good as any of them. Sandler is a actor who has become one of the most typecast actors in the world today but hisI didn't have high expectations for Blended. It looked like it was going to be a painful watch through the first twenty minutes, but it quickly blossoms into a fun film. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore have been working together for almost 20 years now and this film is just as good as any of them. Sandler is a actor who has become one of the most typecast actors in the world today but his personality really works in this film. Blended is just a good family movie and its certainly underrated I can't believe that it has gotten such low ratings. Expand
  4. Sep 18, 2014
    this is my first time every writing a review but after watching this film i had to i was smiling this film brings so much joy you have to watch it all to understand
  5. Oct 4, 2014
    1/5★ Lazy, unfunny and manipulative. I was hoping to see some of the Sandler-Barrymore chemistry but that must have fizzled out because there wasn’t anything real, aside from a very expensive vacation for the cast. I find it indicative of how Hollywood expects its leading ladies to look and what its leading men can get away with. Imagine if the looks were reversed- a lumpy, messy Drew1/5★ Lazy, unfunny and manipulative. I was hoping to see some of the Sandler-Barrymore chemistry but that must have fizzled out because there wasn’t anything real, aside from a very expensive vacation for the cast. I find it indicative of how Hollywood expects its leading ladies to look and what its leading men can get away with. Imagine if the looks were reversed- a lumpy, messy Drew Barrymore and a good-looking, in shape Sandler falling in love with her.
    Verdict: Skip
  6. Mar 18, 2015
    This is just insanely good. I loved this movie from beginning to end. It was just another bunch of fun coming from the master of comedy Adam Sandler, it is also backed up with top notch directing from Frank Coraci. This film is worth the watch
  7. May 26, 2014
    I loved earlier comedies by this duo but this looks like they were here just for the paycheck. Also, based on the screenplay, the writers must have been working on a tight deadline for their high-school drama class.
  8. Jun 28, 2014
    I laughed out loud quite a few times during this film. That is starting to become a rare occasion with some of the crap put out these days. Overall a good movie
  9. May 23, 2014
    It is Adam Sandler...so...yeah...what more can I say?...Well, actually it wasn't that bad as in I want to kill myself! or what I am doing this to myself!!? (My reactions to Grown ups 1 & 2, Jack and Jill, etc). I would watch this movie in a flight if there is nothing else to watch, or in a lazy lazy Sunday when is free on cable.
  10. Jun 10, 2014
    It really wasn't that bad... There were lots of funny parts. Yes its not amazing but it was at least better than some of the Adam Sandler recent movies. It was at least enjoyable.
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    Kids under 11 might enjoy this movie, but I hope they stick to Sponge Bob instead. Really disappointing to see this couple performing like this, the movie scripts and acting seem to me really rushed, as someone said "they were there only for the paycheck" agree.
  12. Sep 3, 2014
    An incredible waste of time and talent, the only thing Blended benefits from is Terry Crews mildly funny performance, but even that fils to conjure more than a few chuckles.
  13. May 25, 2014
    If you are an fan of Adam Sandler's and Drew Barrymore's collaborations in the past than Blended won't disappoint.

Blended is about two single parents who had a not so impressive first blind date, and afterwords started to hate one another. After some forced plot issues that seam a little too farfetched to actually happen Sandler and Berrymore end up going on a vacation together with there children and are forced to spend there trip together. Once you get over the unbelievable setup and the movie starts focusing on the families interacting with one another this movie becomes a real joy to watch. Many reviewers criticize this movie for having some sappy 50's stile family values attached to the plot, any I would haft to agree, but I do in a positive way. If anything i found if they were to town down the adult humor of the film they could of got a more families to see this film, though I do find that with a lot of Sandler's films. There are scenes that are overly silly and over the top at times, but this film is meant to be a comedy.

This film was made to be a fun filled and emotional story where people and sit back and have fun. I think a lot of people with todays critical eye cant see that anymore. I say just sit back and enjoy the film for what it is. I think you'll especially get a kick out of it if your the one who misses that days of family sitcoms.
  14. Sep 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An offensive unfunny comedy that continues Adam Sandler's terrible run. This garbage makes me wonder who came up with the idea to offend an entire continent by using smiling ridiculous shots of Terry Cruz dancing and singing about blending. Congrats to my new worst movie of 2014. F Expand
  15. Jun 2, 2014
    One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Better than some Sandler films (coughGrownUps2cough), but still AWFUL. The only reason I even rate it a 1 is because Joel McHale is fantastic and has the Jeff Winger dial turned up to 11. Everything else made me want to throw up.
  16. Jun 28, 2014
    Awesome movie. It was very funny and had a few sad moments. It was better that I expected after reading some of the negative reviews. I'm glad me and my family went to see the move. We loved it!
  17. May 23, 2014
    Some of the professional critics were far too hard on this movie. If you like Adam Sandler films in general you will love this one as usual. It's got the same cast of characters that were in grandma's boy happy Gilmore etc. Drew Barrymore has great chemistry was Sandler and Terry crews added just enough of a comedic injection. After having seen the very boring Godzilla last weekend thisSome of the professional critics were far too hard on this movie. If you like Adam Sandler films in general you will love this one as usual. It's got the same cast of characters that were in grandma's boy happy Gilmore etc. Drew Barrymore has great chemistry was Sandler and Terry crews added just enough of a comedic injection. After having seen the very boring Godzilla last weekend this movie was a real treat. No it wasn't good enough to award it in eight or nine but believe me when I say you won't regret the laughs that you have in this 90 minutes. Expand
  18. May 24, 2014
    Critical masterpiece? Not even close. Really good time at the movies? Most definitely! It is a family movie that borrows from great classics, which of course automatically makes a clone that critics hate on; but honestly who cares? In the end, you will be thoroughly entertained by both subtle and overt humor. Surprisingly, this movie is much more tame than most of Sandler's works, andCritical masterpiece? Not even close. Really good time at the movies? Most definitely! It is a family movie that borrows from great classics, which of course automatically makes a clone that critics hate on; but honestly who cares? In the end, you will be thoroughly entertained by both subtle and overt humor. Surprisingly, this movie is much more tame than most of Sandler's works, and it actually makes it funnier. Expand
  19. May 23, 2014
    Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore (who looks frumpy throughout) play single parents who have a disastrous first date. Of course, their animosity gradually changes as they spend a week with their 5 kids in South Africa (a knockout location called The Palace of the Lost City). I'm not a fan of Sandler's sophomoric, goofy humor, but there's plenty here for his fans and young audiences (who oftenAdam Sandler & Drew Barrymore (who looks frumpy throughout) play single parents who have a disastrous first date. Of course, their animosity gradually changes as they spend a week with their 5 kids in South Africa (a knockout location called The Palace of the Lost City). I'm not a fan of Sandler's sophomoric, goofy humor, but there's plenty here for his fans and young audiences (who often share that taste). It's energetic and high-spirited, just painfully predictable, low-brow and broad. Expand
  20. Sep 26, 2014
    Sandler's third rom-com with Drew Barrymore manages to be an entertaining and mostly funny experience. The romance feels artificial and forced, so it's the interactions with the children that will have you thinking "aw, that's sweet." There are some laugh out loud moments throughout, but I'm surprised at how much of the early humor falls flat on it's face. It takes a while for things toSandler's third rom-com with Drew Barrymore manages to be an entertaining and mostly funny experience. The romance feels artificial and forced, so it's the interactions with the children that will have you thinking "aw, that's sweet." There are some laugh out loud moments throughout, but I'm surprised at how much of the early humor falls flat on it's face. It takes a while for things to get regularly funny.

In a lot of way it's your standard Sandler flick. So that means if you're not a fan of his work then you shouldn't bother with this one. It's got it's funny and sweet moments, but it does noticeably have it's issues. Probably chief among them being that the Sandler/Barrymore chemistry that was on display in "The Wedding Singer and "50 First Dates" is missing here.

Still, it's an overall funny enough movie to make it worth a watch. So long as you're not one of those people who has a particular distaste for Sandler movies. It's rom-com that succeeds more with the comedy then with the romance. I did enjoy it though.
  21. Jun 1, 2014
    watchable but not as good as the other sandler/barrymore movies. WS and 50FD. wait for video unless you need a film to take the family for wholesome entertainment. it is on the lighter side as far as jokes and romance goes. this one is mostly about the kids and being good parents.
  22. Jan 1, 2015
    Another dud from Hollywood's most overpaid performer. Unfunny, unimaginative and generally another reason why Sandler has moved to Netflix. At some point, the studios need to start employing writers with talent, rather than the inhouse stooges that should return their pay, along with Mr Sandler.
  23. Apr 11, 2015
    Blended es una película que si bien no será la mejor comedia del año, entretiene y es totalmente disfrutable.

Esta película es un film que al final cumple con el objetivo que tiene cualquier otra película de comedia: dar risas. Además, se podría decir que aunque a veces podría sucumbir a volverse un tanto tonta, no se deja manipular del todo por ello, dando un resultado un tanto estimulante y cómico, por tanto este largometraje no se desvía al camino equivocado y logra brindar al público un buen entretenimiento.
  24. Jul 1, 2014
    Adam Sandler has succeed at disappointing me with his films since 2010, and Blended failed to break the mold. The film follows two families who are stuck together while on vacation in Africa. The result is a hit and miss due to shallow, poorly timed jokes, terrible acting and a predicable, cliché formula. It was hard to see a potentially good comedic storyline go to waste. I was slightlyAdam Sandler has succeed at disappointing me with his films since 2010, and Blended failed to break the mold. The film follows two families who are stuck together while on vacation in Africa. The result is a hit and miss due to shallow, poorly timed jokes, terrible acting and a predicable, cliché formula. It was hard to see a potentially good comedic storyline go to waste. I was slightly entertained with some of the creative one-liners and simple jokes, but that’s it. Drew Barrymore was very distracting during the film because of her subpar acting and the fake character she portrayed. All the characters in the movie felt unrealistic to the point of not being entertaining. The conflict between comedy and what should have been a serious subplot, simply didn’t mesh. Emotionally, this movie would almost suck you in, then a lame comedic, very unnatural moment would ruin it. Blended is a mess that wouldn't be a tragedy to skip. Expand
  25. Jun 16, 2014
    Blended is an awesome movie. I went to see the movie with two adults and a 14 years old. We laughed the whole time. I laughed till I cried. There were so many cool people in this movie that made me laugh. Kevin Nelon, Laura Lumpkis ( form Orange is the new black) Bella Thorn, oh and Terry Crews so funny that he almost stole the entire movie. I never knew he was so funny. This movie is forBlended is an awesome movie. I went to see the movie with two adults and a 14 years old. We laughed the whole time. I laughed till I cried. There were so many cool people in this movie that made me laugh. Kevin Nelon, Laura Lumpkis ( form Orange is the new black) Bella Thorn, oh and Terry Crews so funny that he almost stole the entire movie. I never knew he was so funny. This movie is for people that have kids or were ever art of a Blended family like step kids , stepmoms. half siblings and the like. It really gets to the heart of family in a real and authentic way. Expand
  26. Jan 19, 2015
    I watched most of Sandler's movies. Some are funnier than others. This one is pretty watchable and will put a smile on your face. The jokes however were very weak. A random women totally said" What happens in Africa stays in Africa." I could not believe that was suppose to be a joke. After that, the humor gets even lazier. I would be embarrassed if I heard an amateur comedian tell some ofI watched most of Sandler's movies. Some are funnier than others. This one is pretty watchable and will put a smile on your face. The jokes however were very weak. A random women totally said" What happens in Africa stays in Africa." I could not believe that was suppose to be a joke. After that, the humor gets even lazier. I would be embarrassed if I heard an amateur comedian tell some of these jokes on stage. Expand
  27. Jul 31, 2014
    Most folks tend to find a hard line between comedy and slapstick. Hardly ever is there a movie that can balance the two, and succeed. There is, however, one man that goes to no bounds to try and captivate his audience, well...captivate is a strong word, in fact, I now regret using the word “captivate”.
    Regardless, the comedian i’m summing up is the talented and (sometimes) funny, Adam Sandler. The latest comedy, shockinlingy doesn't come from long time directing partner, Dennis Dugan. Instead, “Zookeeper” director Frank Coreci is taking the helm on the comedy “Blended”. “Blended” marks the third on screen appearance of the “dream team” and this time by “dream team” I mean Drew Barrymore and Sandler. Their last two films together “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates” are timeless, and to this day I still value and appreciate those films. Partially because the chemistry between Barrymore and Sandler was so real. This time around in “Blended” while yes the chemistry is still there, after three films I have to admit, the on screen “magic” does fade away, and much like EVERY film of it’s genre before it, “Blended” falls into a slew of dumbfounded gags, that will satisfy a toddler. Oddly enough the film does have more sentimentality then you would think, and there is a decent comedic performance put forth by our two charming leads.

Jim Friedman (Sandler) is a widower with three daughters, and Lauren Reynolds is a divorcee with two sons. The two are set up on a blind date then goes horribly wrong. One thing leads to another and well.. look we are in Africa. The audience never needs to understand how or why the two families end up in the same place, because..well that’s the story.

At it’s best “Blended” reminded me of the days when Sandler would make genuine and quality films. Releasing garbage like “Jack and Jill” and “That’s My Boy” also in comparison, “Grown Ups 2” each of these films had benefits of their own doubt, but undoubtedly they all lacked that classic Sandler effect..that was..well… funny. Barrymore has not really made a film in quite some time, and I thought the on-screen romance was a bit too cliche for my taste, but believable enough to the point where I could surcomb to the flaws. The film has a somewhat family friendly rating, I don’t necessarily know If I would let my children watch some of the jokes in this film, which at times are extremely offensive, and the jokes leave no one unscathed. The African characters all fall into vicious stereotypes. However, I couldn't help myself but laugh at the timing of Terry Crews, and his signing capella group that showed up at all the awkward moments in the film.

Besides, I never believed for one second this film was actually shot in Africa, because other than a few shots of Giraffes and Zebra’s thrown in. This was the worst set up of any “Africa” set I had seen. In the end, if speaking honestly, “Blended” is harmless and heartfelt. Well it maybe a little too crude and vulgar for younger children. Some families could find “Blended” to be a viable option for moviegoing. I would suggest to tread lightly. It’s nowhere near the levels of “Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates”. But, if we’re talking comparisons it’s a much better Sandler outing in the last couple years. The film of course is extremely predictable, and goes in the exact direction most people would suspect. So never I was surprised. In addition some of the gags we’re just plain childish and I’m not going to conjure my time and effort explaining them to you. When it comes to the movie “Blended” use your best judgment, and decide just how much you like Adam Sandler.

C

Release Date: May 23rd 2014
    Studio: Warner Bros Pictures

Thanks For Stopping By.
  28. Mar 1, 2015
    I liked this move. I know what I am getting with Adam Sandler and I like him but this movie was an ensemble and I thought that Drew Barrymore and the younger actors in particular put in great performances. I found the movie touching in places, laugh out loud funny at times, particularly watching Terry Crews being plain silly. This isn't a classic by any means but I enjoyed it and II liked this move. I know what I am getting with Adam Sandler and I like him but this movie was an ensemble and I thought that Drew Barrymore and the younger actors in particular put in great performances. I found the movie touching in places, laugh out loud funny at times, particularly watching Terry Crews being plain silly. This isn't a classic by any means but I enjoyed it and I enjoyed the work that the actors put in. Expand
  29. Jun 15, 2014
    Blended for the most part doesn't feel like other Sandler films. It has very little comedy and lots of drama, which is not particularly strong in his films. Except for a few lines, Blended is mostly a miss with lots of empty emotion.
  30. Mar 29, 2015
    The third time this pair had come together for a movie and it does not look good at all. The movie can be enjoyed for its comedy, not for anyone's performance. The location (South Africa) was good, but not exposed well, instead make fun out of it which was expected.

In earlier days I used laugh out loud for Sandler's jokes, he's not the same guy anymore, I barely smile now. And for Barrymore, she was one of my actresses (I believe still she's), but her recent movies are disappointing, or barely in entertainment business. Kind of attractive Bella Thorne in a tomboyish getup, hope to see her in many future projects.

I heard that Dale Steyn does a cameo for a Hollywood and I did not know it was this movie until I saw him. He's a rock-star on the pitch, but when Sandler made fun out of him that irked me and then let it go as it just a silly movie. Like the old days' animation shorts for the TV, this film had collective pieces of comedic scenes. Individually very entertaining, but as a movie fails to assemble. Not for everyone, but manageable.

31. Jul 6, 2014
    Most of these movies seen like an excuse for Adam Sandler and his friends to go on vacation, and they film a movie and hope to make some money from it to finance it.
  32. Aug 25, 2015
    Blended is one of the most awesome film of 2014, and that's a joke. Still, although that joke was a terrible one, I can certainly say that it is so much better than the film itself.
  33. Jul 13, 2014
    This movie was great. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore were hilarious together. Several times during the movie I actually had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. There were also some touching moments between the characters. Overall, I really enjoyed the film and would recommend it to anyone looking for a laugh.
  34. Aug 19, 2014
    Blended is generally a terrible film, mostly due to the lacklustre performance of comedy stars Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, however, Terry Crews is in this film and once again manages to lift it from a score of 0 to a score of 10 for me. Terry Crews shows that he is able to act in a wig, as well as in his home country, Africa.
  35. Nov 2, 2014
    Blended is the atypical, lowbrow date-night film you expect it to be. Surprisingly one of Adam Sandler's more recent palatable movies, thanks to his humanization by Drew Barrymore, the film still lacks any originality or substance. The script is repetitive, using extremely racy comedy in what is supposedly considered a family film. The premise of two broken families merging is not a newBlended is the atypical, lowbrow date-night film you expect it to be. Surprisingly one of Adam Sandler's more recent palatable movies, thanks to his humanization by Drew Barrymore, the film still lacks any originality or substance. The script is repetitive, using extremely racy comedy in what is supposedly considered a family film. The premise of two broken families merging is not a new one, but the chemistry of Sandler and Barrymore would have been enough to create an entertaining film. Unfortunately the over abundance of stereotypes and prejudices mixed with a terrible misuse of themes causes this ship to sink. A promising niche date film turns into a vulgar attempt at comedy with family aspects present but not full accounted for. Blended is a blend of bland jokes and a tacky storyline. Expand
  36. Aug 7, 2015
    Although Blended is not that horrible like most of Sandler's movies, it's not more than a silly comedy, with some funny but most ridiculous results. Blended however reminds a bit the mostly lost old Sandler's charisma, by the charming (old) chemistry between Sandler and Barrymore.
  37. Jul 29, 2015
    Quite possibly the best Adam Sandler movie in a very long time! Blended 2014, the title says it all as this movie takes on the blended styles of almost every movie that Adam Sandler has ever been in as well as it is a beautifully “Blended” family movie. Now I’ve saw that a lot of people tend to be a bit hard on this film but to each their own. I’m an Adam Sandler fan, and I’m a fan forQuite possibly the best Adam Sandler movie in a very long time! Blended 2014, the title says it all as this movie takes on the blended styles of almost every movie that Adam Sandler has ever been in as well as it is a beautifully “Blended” family movie. Now I’ve saw that a lot of people tend to be a bit hard on this film but to each their own. I’m an Adam Sandler fan, and I’m a fan for many reasons. This film like almost every movie Mr. Sandler is in has that family feel to it, and this one puts it out their nicely.

I like this movie, and yes it is that same style of family based comedy that you see in every Sandler or Happy Madison film, though I do believe this one has reached the top of the list. Great film, great family values, and the musical ascents selected to pinpoint specific emotions in the movie were perfectly picked. Great Job!

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Sep 22, 2014
    It proves very much un film de Sandler: so lazy you feel unconscionably guilty for snorting at the three jokes in its two hours that merit any response.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    May 26, 2014
    What's missing from Blended? Two key ingredients: it doesn't touch the heart and it doesn't tickle the funny bone (at least not often enough).
  3. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    May 23, 2014
    Blended throws a lot of things on the screen, but in the end, it has to confront its awkward and artificial "romance." And that's just ugly.