6.8

1. Mar 26, 2014
    I loved it. Some movies just make sense too much that they absorb you into their world. And Blood Ties is exactly that film. Clive Owen was great, I enjoyed his performance- it was very realistic. Mila Kunis is good as well. The story is very new- two brothers one is a cop and one is a criminal. I find films like this very refreshing and interesting. It's very rare you see a film likeI loved it. Some movies just make sense too much that they absorb you into their world. And Blood Ties is exactly that film. Clive Owen was great, I enjoyed his performance- it was very realistic. Mila Kunis is good as well. The story is very new- two brothers one is a cop and one is a criminal. I find films like this very refreshing and interesting. It's very rare you see a film like Blood Ties. But the film is slow and a bit boring at times but the film is worth the wait and the climax. Miss it and you will be missing one of the greatest dramas of the year. Expand
  2. Aug 11, 2014
    I really liked this movie.

I don't quite understand the mixed and/or negative reviews. Clive Owen, Billy Crudup, and James Caan are all very good...as is the rest of the cast. Yes, this is a long movie. However, its length isn't a problem because the content is compelling...at least it was to me, anyway. I have brothers. All of my siblings are very different from one
    I really liked this movie.

I don't quite understand the mixed and/or negative reviews.

I have brothers. All of my siblings are very different from one another...although not quite as different as the two central characters in "Blood Ties".

Many years ago, my youngest brother dragged me (at his insistence...I didn't want to go) to a viewing of the just-released "Blade Runner". The critics hated it...I loved it. Now, it's (appropriately) regarded as a science-fiction classic.

You can listen to the critics on "Blood Ties"...or, see it for yourself.

This is a quality film with a terrific cast...among so many other less-worthy choices.

Don't miss it...especially if you have one or more brothers.

It rings true.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Aug 13, 2014
    The soundtrack is crammed with ’60s and ’70s pop gems – several of them instantly familiar from Scorsese’s movies – while the colour palette is all muted corduroy brown and rainy urban grey. The result is less a homage than a slavish, overproduced cover version, lacking all the spark and integrity of the original.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Nordine
    Mar 27, 2014
    Though it takes a long while for the many moving parts to click into place, the final minutes redeem not only a few characters but also Blood Ties itself -- not enough to make up for prior transgressions, perhaps, but enough to leave a favorable last impression.
  3. Reviewed by: Glenn Kenny
    Mar 21, 2014
    While Canet's direction can't be said to be all over the place, the movie never settles into the groove it so dearly aspires to.