8.5

1. Oct 19, 2014
    This is by far the best real-life-tragedy-turned-into-film I have ever seen. With a stunningly realistic scenery and acting I totally forgot I was watching a movie.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Paul Greengrass's richly affecting docudrama not only delivers a strong aesthetic and some truly lifelike performances, but it shines the proverbial spotlight upon some unquestionably important subject matter.
  3. Aug 26, 2010
    Paul Greengrass captures the infamous "Bloody Sunday" massacre of 1972 with intimate close-ups and documentary-style filmmaking, giving a sense of weight and urgency to every scene. However, the lightning-fast dialogue and broad array of characters and scenarios sometimes make the movie more confusing than engaging.

1. There's no denying the skill and flair with which director Paul Greengrass has restaged this unhappy event, creating an uncanny sense of immediacy and allowing us to be a fly on the wall at a seminal '70s tragedy.
  2. An impressive film accomplishment, a combination of technique and extremely specific detail that reminds viewers how potent a rhetorical force the medium can be.
    Bloody Sunday doesn't surrender its grip on the viewer even after the action shifts from the streets of Bogside to a local hospital where the weeping masses are still under the guns of the war-painted British soldiers.