6.2

Jun 14, 2007
    Outstanding. Powerful. Intelligent.
  2. dayle
    Nov 20, 2006
    Powerful movie, excellent acting, effective message for today, well directed. I loved the use of music and newsreels of the period.
  3. jackj.
    Nov 20, 2006
    Great Story, great movie and amazing Sharon Stone.
  4. JohnT.
    Jan 4, 2007
    While Bobby was a bit slow at times, it kept building and building to a magnificent crescendo. The last half of the film and the final 20 minutes in particular were stunning. That Estevez could achieve greatness with a story where we already knew the ending is a credit to him. Demi Moore, Sharon Stone and Freddie Rodriguez gave incredible performances. I don't know how this film got While Bobby was a bit slow at times, it kept building and building to a magnificent crescendo. The last half of the film and the final 20 minutes in particular were stunning. That Estevez could achieve greatness with a story where we already knew the ending is a credit to him. Demi Moore, Sharon Stone and Freddie Rodriguez gave incredible performances. I don't know how this film got so overlooked. Expand
  5. HollyJ
    May 4, 2007
    Ok so Bobby pretty much had the best cast I have ever seen. The acting was superb. I watched it over three times and I would have paid to see it at night in the theater at least once more!
  6. TwylaS.
    Jul 5, 2007
    I am 55 and I still believe in the dream that we can all live together in peace. Emilio Estevez communicated this very well in this picture. "Bobby" speaks well for Bobby Kennedy and pushes home the message of then to the now and does it with compassion. An excellent movie with and excellent case and message!
  7. CM.
    Aug 13, 2007
    don't let the jaded, cynical critics put you off. This movie gives you a perfect slice of life on the day RFK was killed. It transports you back to that time,if a bit sentimentally, and indeed, as Martin Sheen's character says in the film, shows the day America lost it's heart. The performances are all marvelous as well as the sountrack and the stories of a moment in time don't let the jaded, cynical critics put you off. This movie gives you a perfect slice of life on the day RFK was killed. It transports you back to that time,if a bit sentimentally, and indeed, as Martin Sheen's character says in the film, shows the day America lost it's heart. The performances are all marvelous as well as the sountrack and the stories of a moment in time in all these people's lives is most compelling. Don't miss it. Expand
  8. BradB.
    Nov 27, 2006
    One of the best political/historical slices of 1968 you will ever see. Excellent screenplay and casting by all participants. Less about Bobby Kennedy and more about the cultural and societal issues of the day which align with similar problems 38 years later. Emilio Estevez has an amazing insight into character writing. This movie may easily win Best Picture of 2006.
  9. NellK
    Nov 30, 2006
    There used to be an old vaudeville line, "Vas you dere, Chollie?" If you were there, if you were alive in 1968, you will recognize a day in your life that just happened to be the day we lost the future, the day we lost Bobby. Those who think this movie is like "Nashville" don't recognize a literary construct when they see one ("Hotel," "The Bridge at San Luis Rey"). This movie is There used to be an old vaudeville line, "Vas you dere, Chollie?" If you were there, if you were alive in 1968, you will recognize a day in your life that just happened to be the day we lost the future, the day we lost Bobby. Those who think this movie is like "Nashville" don't recognize a literary construct when they see one ("Hotel," "The Bridge at San Luis Rey"). This movie is closer to "Shampoo," which precisely caught the mood of 1969. If you weren't there, Charlie, see "Bobby" to know what it was like. If you were there, see this movie to relive your youth, and the hope you once had. One can't understand what we lost in RFK unless one understands who we were then, as opposed to who we are now. This is NOT a bio of RFK-- for that, you would have to show the change that came over him after JFK was killed, which would be a two-hour documentary (something I believe PBS has already done). This is a bio of US; see it for what it is, not what you think it should be. Expand
  10. McnutsM.
    Jan 24, 2007
    A good movie. Great cast. Well put together. Even more impressive, Estevez did the bloody thing? Anyone remember Mighty Ducks? Anyway, worth a watch or a rent.
  11. GavinM.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Excellent and hugely ambitious. It risks a lot and it achieves many moments of greatness.
  12. Carly
    May 19, 2007
    Incredible, touchy, and moving. Emilio did amazing.
  13. FilipaM.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Amazing movie with an amazing performace by Sharon Stone.
  14. MikeH.
    Nov 25, 2006
    I have always believed electing RFK would have changed this country for the better and this movie will communicate to a new generation that history repeats itself without strong and compassionate leaders to steer us out of harm's way.
  15. DougR.
    Nov 26, 2006
    If you were between 14 and 29 in 1968 and liked RFK, go see this movie. The cast may be the best of all-time. The critics who don't like it are ploitical right-wingers or too young to remember what turmoil the country was in - in '68. If you think we lost a great man that day, go see this movie.
  16. AndrewL.
    Nov 28, 2006
    It is a simply amazing film. The last scene gives me chills. Seen it three times now.
  17. SusanW.
    Nov 29, 2006
    This movie beautifully portrays the "fabric" of every day people in 1968. I had forgotten how hopeful many of us felt (about the country, etc.) when we realized that Bobby Kennedy might actually make a good president. For me, one of the most powerful movies since "Easy Rider." PS The professional movie critics have often steered me wrong in recent years: eg "The English Patient" and "The This movie beautifully portrays the "fabric" of every day people in 1968. I had forgotten how hopeful many of us felt (about the country, etc.) when we realized that Bobby Kennedy might actually make a good president. For me, one of the most powerful movies since "Easy Rider." PS The professional movie critics have often steered me wrong in recent years: eg "The English Patient" and "The Russian Ark." (Two movies they rhapsodized about that I felt were truly boring.) Expand

The resulting finished project is a series of skits performed by famous people doing favors for a friend, and it works about as well as one might expect from such an endeavor.
  2. Whether or not Bobby Kennedy was the man his supporters believed him to be, the film makes a persuasive case that something important in America was silenced when he was gunned down.
  3. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    Emilio Estevez's Bobby is a passionate outcry for peace and justice in America that becomes deeply involving by the final climactic scene.