7.2

1. LisaB
    Sep 14, 2009
    If it had not been for Mark Strong's performance in this movie, it would have been terrible. I'm a big DiCaprio fan, not so much of Crowe. But I expected a lot from this movie. As some people said before, it was a bit too Hollywood for my taste. But again, Strong's perforance steals the show and he proves that he can hold his own and even shine brighter than well known If it had not been for Mark Strong's performance in this movie, it would have been terrible. I'm a big DiCaprio fan, not so much of Crowe. But I expected a lot from this movie. As some people said before, it was a bit too Hollywood for my taste. But again, Strong's perforance steals the show and he proves that he can hold his own and even shine brighter than well known great actors. Collapse
  2. EdT.
    Feb 28, 2009
    Boring 'cellphone' pic. Wholly unoriginal and entirely unbelievable at the same time.
  3. caporegime
    Jun 10, 2009
    This movie won't be remembered.
  4. RicoS.
    Feb 1, 2009
    What's with all the distractions? Why is Crowe's character always doing five things at once while on the phone, coordinating CIA business? Because the phone-conversation isn't interesting enough in itself? Well, that's the problem with this movie: Over-sophisticating a simple story, replacing lack of script with chaos. It's just very annoying.
  5. TravisB.
    Feb 21, 2009
    I thought it was terrible. I struggled to finish it.

1. It may not be as much fun as old spy movies starring Cary Grant or more recent entertainments such as "Spy Game," directed by Ridley's brother Tony, but it feels all too accurate.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A mostly formulaic approach that becomes more disappointing as the yarn unwinds.
  3. The film has one indelible asset: Mark Strong, who plays the Jordanian spymaster Hani. He's sleek and lounge-lizard sharp like a young Andy Garcia, and he could be bigger than Garcia. The Jordanian holds all the cards, and opposite two superstars, Strong is the only actor who holds the camera.