7.2

1. Nov 15, 2013
    Body of Lies tell truth to entertainment.
    The film floats on an interesting premise with very good action, and an artful execution. The movie is long and at some times less desirable with certain scenes that could have been edited out. The overall product is a slightly overly long entertaining film with good acting.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    To me this was a good simple story with a decent script, but I still can't see Leonardo DiCaprio acting as a spy or a stone-cold-blood-killer-bad ass-special ops-agent, I still see him as a teenage actor suitable for Glee maybe but that aside, the movie is still very entertaining.
  3. Jul 4, 2012
    I am not a fan of Russell Crowe, but his partnership with Leo in this film as the protagonist is perfect. The story explodes into many different directions, which requires your full attention. But, isn't that what you want from a thriller.
  4. Jun 6, 2012
    Leo and Russell are the highlights, although Crowe's hair looks too fake. It's watchable even though it does get preachy at times. It's almost as if DiCaprio's character is repeating verbatim what the public has been saying about the war in Iraq for years. There's little chemistry between protagonists. An okay thriller dealing with trust, credibility, and the dangers of alliances.
  5. Oct 2, 2011
    i found the story of Body of Lies very intriguing. the representation of the conflict in the middle-east was very accurate. the movie is also very exiting. i was sitting on the tip o my chair almost all the time.
  6. Jan 18, 2011
    Just your average run of the mill CIA/Terrorist thriller. DiCaprio dies well in his role and Crowe is as annoying as he can possibly be (in a good way). The plot his complex and strong with its statement on political interference in the Middle East, but the movie just doesn't separate itself in any way from the myriad of other movies in this genre
  7. Dec 16, 2010
    Russel Crowe - love the character change yet again. I liked the acting by the Jordan head of Intelligence .. Pasha whatever his name was - sorry. Leo is so so for me in action hero type of role. Good sets and effects.

Movie was good not great.

1. It may not be as much fun as old spy movies starring Cary Grant or more recent entertainments such as "Spy Game," directed by Ridley's brother Tony, but it feels all too accurate.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A mostly formulaic approach that becomes more disappointing as the yarn unwinds.
  3. The film has one indelible asset: Mark Strong, who plays the Jordanian spymaster Hani. He's sleek and lounge-lizard sharp like a young Andy Garcia, and he could be bigger than Garcia. The Jordanian holds all the cards, and opposite two superstars, Strong is the only actor who holds the camera.