3.8

1. GristoJ.
    Sep 9, 2001
    This is the best movie I've ever seen.
  2. Oct 11, 2011
    I personally think that The Blair Witch 2 Book Of Shadows, Was AMAZING! Incredible acting and Incredible storyline,
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
    I have watched it over and over and over again so many times now it's so good.
  3. ThaineS.
    Nov 24, 2001
    I thought this was an excellent movie because of the depth and intriguing viewpoints. It's not the best movie I've ever seen, but I think it deserves a lot of credit. Plus, I've got a thing for goth chicks.
  4. AndrewJ.F.
    Jan 11, 2002
    For some reason those negative reviews aren't talking about the same version I saw of this because my version is really good.
  5. JohnC.
    Feb 17, 2002
    All right guys, 'The Emperor Has No Clothers' and if the original instigators of 'The Blair Witch' had not pulled off a brazen deception we wouldn't have self-satisfied reviewers telling us how great the original pile of boring, amateurish crap was. The 2nd film however caught me, and caught me good! The actors are good (unlike the 1st), the lines are clever, the All right guys, 'The Emperor Has No Clothers' and if the original instigators of 'The Blair Witch' had not pulled off a brazen deception we wouldn't have self-satisfied reviewers telling us how great the original pile of boring, amateurish crap was. The 2nd film however caught me, and caught me good! The actors are good (unlike the 1st), the lines are clever, the plotting and editing beautifully done and the ending can be quickly dismissed but if you're as intellectually curious as I am - you'll find yourself going back over and over finding little clues here and there as to what was actually going on. What a terrific movie only cursed with the name of the original crapfest. Expand
  6. Feb 7, 2014
    Blair Witch 2 is a massive improvement from the original. It feels almost completely different, but in a good way. It's not a good film, but compared to the original, it will seem like one of the best films you've ever seen!
  7. Jun 8, 2014
    There is not enough action and at the end most of the scenes i was like what?!The acting was pretty good and the dead scenes were amazing.The only thing i absolutely don't like with that movie is the action,there is not enough of it.
  8. RyanM.
    May 28, 2001
    A terrible sequel, but if you've seen the original there are moments of pleasure. But when you walk out of it you wonder, "What the hell happned at the end?" Guess you can or can't find out for yourself.
  9. JeffF.
    May 10, 2004
    Not a very lucid piece of filmmaking. but i did like the cast kim, erica and jeff.
  10. MariaW.
    Jul 13, 2001
    Definitely better than the first one but the plot still was just BAD!! Who lets these people write this crap? Try writing movies with a point or meaning. Better yet, try both!! This movie should be banned for being so bad!!
  11. MichaelC.
    May 21, 2001
    The scariest thing about this film is how bad it was. Terrible. Inexcusable.
  12. Andiev
    Jul 2, 2007
    I think the director got bored with this "new project" and asked his teenage son to direct it or something, i mean, i did NOT get it, there were these twenty year old people having sex in the middle of the woods, maybe cause there's nothing also to do, then they wake up the next day not knowing what happened to them, it has nothing to do with the blair witch at all, ugh! what a waste I think the director got bored with this "new project" and asked his teenage son to direct it or something, i mean, i did NOT get it, there were these twenty year old people having sex in the middle of the woods, maybe cause there's nothing also to do, then they wake up the next day not knowing what happened to them, it has nothing to do with the blair witch at all, ugh! what a waste of movie rental money, i should have rented something more worthwhile. i kinda feel sorry for the cast members, this move probably ruined their acting careers... Expand
  13. NedD.
    Sep 14, 2001
    To all those people who despised the original "Blair Witch" for being boring without any special effects, here is the movie for you. I hope you enjoy it. God knows I didn't. To call this film 'swill' would be almost too kind.
  14. MacM.
    Nov 11, 2003
    The most dire piece of unwatchable turgid bumwipe performed by actors that defy belief in lack of ability. I haven't been in this much agony since The Bridges Of Madison County.
  15. Sammyo
    May 9, 2007
    A terrible movie. I hated every second of it. Don't watch it, it's that simple.
  16. SimonL.
    Aug 12, 2001
    Without doubt one of the most dissapointing movies ever made. BW2 is an insult to the original and it's army of fans, and I found it quite saddening to sit through the film as it attempted and succeded to decredit the name of a true horror classic. Disgraceful.
  17. MeganH.
    Jul 18, 2004
    It was the worst movie i have ever seen, it never made any sense it seems like it was thrown in there randomly.
  18. Sam
    Jul 11, 2005
    A truly awful film. The first one had great acting, chlls to the core, and intelligence. THIS one has poor acting, it's not scary at all, it's dumb and has pure homosexuality in it. I don't even think it's trying to be scary. It's more like a crappy show that came out in the 60's, and it's first and only episode. Lame, lame, lame, lame lame.
  19. Aug 16, 2010
    terrible. absolutely terrible. almost NOTHING to do with the original. the original was a great film, and if you saw it and loved it, steer clear of this abomination. bad acting, pointless storyline, STUPIDITY that surrounds the plot...it all adds up to make, lets face it, a pretty crappy film. the end is not explained; the characters are just taken to jail, without a hint at what actuallyterrible. absolutely terrible. almost NOTHING to do with the original. the original was a great film, and if you saw it and loved it, steer clear of this abomination. bad acting, pointless storyline, STUPIDITY that surrounds the plot...it all adds up to make, lets face it, a pretty crappy film. the end is not explained; the characters are just taken to jail, without a hint at what actually happened??
    get the original writers directors and producers back for a REAL sequel please.
  20. Jun 15, 2012
    A complete insult to the original movie. The firt Blair Witch was terrifying, because it felt so realistic and you never see what is beyond the darkness. Blair Witch 2 is also terrifying, because it has taken the name of one of the (in my opinion) best horror films ever and made it into a painful, pointless, and downright braindead mockery. This movie is horrible.
  21. Feb 11, 2012
    Alex 0 terrible. absolutely terrible. almost NOTHING to do with the original. the original was a great film, and if you saw it and loved it, steer clear of this abomination. bad acting, pointless storyline, STUPIDITY that surrounds the plot...it all adds up to make, lets face it, a pretty crappy film. the end is not explained; the characters are just taken to jail, without a hint at whatAlex 0 terrible. absolutely terrible. almost NOTHING to do with the original. the original was a great film, and if you saw it and loved it, steer clear of this abomination. bad acting, pointless storyline, STUPIDITY that surrounds the plot...it all adds up to make, lets face it, a pretty crappy film. the end is not explained; the characters are just taken to jail, without a hint at what actually happened?? get the original writers directors and producers back for a REAL sequel please. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 34 Critics

1. The assault is against our ears, as the soundtrack pours forth a stream of thrash and Goth music.
  2. Reviewed by: Sean Means
    Admirers of "The Blair Witch Project" are going to be left high and dry.
    There's nothing scarier than a group of hormone-crazed 20-somethings, but this sequel isn't much more than a footnote of a footnote.