7.3

1. PerlaN.
    Nov 21, 2006
    It really isn't as funny as critics say it is. The humor is really dumb and gets only dumber and ruder. Boring sexist humor. Do not take a female date to see this movie - she might very well be grinding her teeth and looking at you wondering what kind of acned teenager am I here with?
  2. NathanielD.
    Mar 20, 2007
    As a big fan of Da Ali G show (I own both seasons on DVD) this movie came as a big disappointment. Granted, Borat was actually always my least favorite of Cohen's 3 personalities, but I think that the biggest problem with this movie is that not much of it seemed improvised and that most of it was scripted. Paired with the fact that I don't see how this could be near as funny in As a big fan of Da Ali G show (I own both seasons on DVD) this movie came as a big disappointment. Granted, Borat was actually always my least favorite of Cohen's 3 personalities, but I think that the biggest problem with this movie is that not much of it seemed improvised and that most of it was scripted. Paired with the fact that I don't see how this could be near as funny in subsequent views, I don't think this movie will stand the test of time and won't ever hold a classic status. Expand
  3. JamesM.
    Mar 5, 2007
    Self-indulgent and overrated. Not that I like Freddie Got Fingered, quite the opposite, but I can't understand why critics butchered that film and not Borat... This movie is far from a satire. It is the motion picture equivilent to a fart joke.
  4. TinaR.
    Jun 13, 2007
    This movie has couple shockingly laughable scenes, but on the whole it is very uncomfortable to watch and most of the scenes that are supposed to be funny are just idiotic and embarrassing. If someone like this can make money on comedy, then anyone can...It's utter nonsense. And most of us would probably do better!
  5. TBone
    Nov 10, 2006
    I thought that the movie could have been way better. It was not offensive to me at all so I don't know what those people are talking about. It would be offensive if someone was actually seriously saying and doing some of the stuff but it was fake! I laughed but I found myself wondering why I payed to see this movie when you can see funnier Borat sketches on Da Ali G Show. Funny but I thought that the movie could have been way better. It was not offensive to me at all so I don't know what those people are talking about. It would be offensive if someone was actually seriously saying and doing some of the stuff but it was fake! I laughed but I found myself wondering why I payed to see this movie when you can see funnier Borat sketches on Da Ali G Show. Funny but not great. Expand
  6. KennethK.
    Nov 6, 2006
    Lots of exteremely funny moments. I didn't think it was as amazing as most critics seem to think, but it was ok. I was absolutely disgusted at times, but I think Cohen did a great job exposing some of the horrors in our society in a humorous way. Definitely makes you think. Cohen's performance was also fantastic. A great actor.
  7. RebootsDaMachina
    Jan 26, 2007
    Occasionally hilarious. The rest of the time is pure 4th grade playground. Relies heavily on homophobic humor to create movie theater discomfort!
  8. JeffC.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Funny in parts, but really bloody gross, and I'm not squeemish. Highly overrated.
  9. Ken
    Mar 20, 2007
    Truly tasteless and offensive. That said, it's also pretty darn funny.
  10. ND
    Apr 1, 2007
    Expected more from reading the reviews - still found a good few laughs in there - just not enough to recommend it to anyone else.
  11. ChrisK.
    May 15, 2007
    Weak. Dated and unoriginal. These are the same themes he's explored for 10 years now.
  12. RodP.
    Nov 17, 2006
    It is just not as funny as you/we are being led to believe. You'll scream in parts of it, but Cohen misses a lot too. A lot of Borat is the act that Yakov Smirrinoff has been doing for 30 years. It's not a "must see" that is for sure. The DVD will be fine for most people. Essentially, it's "JackAss" for a different crowd.
  13. DavidG.
    Nov 18, 2006
    I also agree with Wade T. The movie had me laughing hystarically at times, but for the same reasons I laugh at Jackass. Shock value laughs. It's funny, but was not the clever satire that I hoped it would be.
  14. ShmittyS
    Nov 25, 2006
    I was really disapointed by this movie. I was hoping it to be much much more funny. I don't think I laughed once, but people around me were going nuts for it. People who find this movie offensive... you realize its a MOVIE! "It's racial, blah, blah." welcome to humor. It's a great comedy, but I guess it wasnt my night. 5/10 for potential (a rushin' rushin' around...)
  15. SharifN.
    Nov 4, 2006
    Watching Borat is a lot like getting tickled: you laugh, but that doesnt necessarily mean you enjoy it.
  16. Starfox
    Nov 4, 2006
    Very funny, but also very far from the funniest movie ever. Also, very forgettable.
  17. JoshB.
    Nov 5, 2006
    I have 6 brothers and adore crude, random, and intelligent humor. I don't see ever giving this movie a 10. It's interesting to watch, but really just a compilation of skits. I never laughed from down deep. South Park had me in fits, but this is not really ground-breaking stuff. I wouldn't watch this movie again, and I doubt it would achieve cult status as suggested. It I have 6 brothers and adore crude, random, and intelligent humor. I don't see ever giving this movie a 10. It's interesting to watch, but really just a compilation of skits. I never laughed from down deep. South Park had me in fits, but this is not really ground-breaking stuff. I wouldn't watch this movie again, and I doubt it would achieve cult status as suggested. It falls short of the potential and and the expectation. Expand
  18. RobertH.
    Nov 5, 2006
    This guy is very funny but for a real fan, the movie misses. It moves a bit into being a little mean spirited (evnen though sure it's fummy), the full theater really did not uproarisly laugh that much, it's a little sophomoric, and if you know his humour there's not much new here. My suspicion is from looking at reactions of those leaving, they leave dissapointed.
  19. Spongeee
    Nov 5, 2006
    The movie does not live up to the TV show it is based upon. As noted, being on the big screen, there are new demensions unlike the TV show: an 80 min story line, questions on what is real and what is not, and actual happy/sad feelings toward Borat. While there are good moments throughout, overall it is disapointing. The bottom line is that the movie is not as genuine as the TV show, The movie does not live up to the TV show it is based upon. As noted, being on the big screen, there are new demensions unlike the TV show: an 80 min story line, questions on what is real and what is not, and actual happy/sad feelings toward Borat. While there are good moments throughout, overall it is disapointing. The bottom line is that the movie is not as genuine as the TV show, making the laughs not as good. Expand
  20. KorkyB.
    Nov 7, 2006
    I am tried and true fan of the HBO show, that said: Yes the movie was funny, yes Sacha was great, Azamat was tremendous (not to mention he spoke Armenian on screen-I'm Armenian so that bias points there). But my bone to pick would be the lack of focus on the strangers being interviewed and the large amount of attention given to Borat. Borat is the secondary joke, the raicst and I am tried and true fan of the HBO show, that said: Yes the movie was funny, yes Sacha was great, Azamat was tremendous (not to mention he spoke Armenian on screen-I'm Armenian so that bias points there). But my bone to pick would be the lack of focus on the strangers being interviewed and the large amount of attention given to Borat. Borat is the secondary joke, the raicst and sexiest idiots are the real joke and the movie seemed to never fully capture the stupidity of each interviewee like the TV show does. It seemed as each "setting/interview' was rushed and never fully exploited.Iit's more about Borat and his trip and the story. I understand it's a movie and there has to be character/story/plot so in that sense it was a 'good Borat movie', but compared to the TV show, the TV show is funnier, hands down. Hence all these 10's and 9s are not justified because as a movie it's good but it's not a classic comedy. The TV show is a 10 and compared to the show, the movie can only disapoint in my eyes, hence the 5. Expand
  21. wongit
    Dec 12, 2006
    Shocked to say the least, not only at the risk this movie takes but at its reviews. OVERATED
  22. BilB.
    Dec 10, 2006
    Cute and original but nothing to write home about. Some scenes were truly funny, others showed a disturbing view of just how backwards the USA really is, and some scenes were just plain old stupid.
  23. BillD.
    Dec 30, 2006
    Sometimes the most hysterically funny, sometimes the rudest and most offensive piece of celluloid I've seen in my life. Not for the PC crowd (which appears to be 7/10ths of the world) or for the young (the film should have been rated NC-17). And not deserving of Globes or Golden Men...but it WAS funny!
  24. GeoffB.
    Dec 6, 2006
    I find it most useful in thinking about Borat to imagine it as a fully scripted movie (and judging from the lawsuits it might well have been) as opposed to the "reality movie" it was billed as. Would the New York times have called a scripted scene mocking drunk mysognistic frat boys "brilliant...social satire"? I imagine the phrase would have been "tired old cliche". Or how about those I find it most useful in thinking about Borat to imagine it as a fully scripted movie (and judging from the lawsuits it might well have been) as opposed to the "reality movie" it was billed as. Would the New York times have called a scripted scene mocking drunk mysognistic frat boys "brilliant...social satire"? I imagine the phrase would have been "tired old cliche". Or how about those stuffy southerners? They totally freak when you bring your own feces to the dinner table. I think I have seen about half a dozen similar scenes in those teen comedies so deliciously panned. That isn't to say it wasn't funny. It was very very funny. But so was Jackass, American Pie, Harold and Kumar. Those movies took my nine bucks and made me laugh, but they did not pretend to have brilliant insights of American mores. Borat on the otherhand, he took my nine bucks, he made me laugh, and the only insight I got was that America loves a bandwagon. They just cant wait to jump on. Expand
  25. BethC.
    Dec 7, 2006
    I have never seen Da Ali G Show, so I can't make comparisons. I do think that the film was overrated. There is very little plot, mainly a series of scenes, ranging from almost brilliant (the rodeo scene) to flops (the New York feminists). I'm also not a fan of bathroom humor or slapstick, so I didn't appreciate these parts. The conglomeration of languages used in the film I have never seen Da Ali G Show, so I can't make comparisons. I do think that the film was overrated. There is very little plot, mainly a series of scenes, ranging from almost brilliant (the rodeo scene) to flops (the New York feminists). I'm also not a fan of bathroom humor or slapstick, so I didn't appreciate these parts. The conglomeration of languages used in the film (Polish, Armenian, Romanian) made it clear that they weren't really talking about Kazakhstan, but it did tend to generally denigrate people from Second/ Third World countries. I did enjoy the few times that the joke was actually on Borat - his portrayal as a homophobe who really enjoys hugging, kissing and wrestling with other men. But mainly, there just weren't enough good laughs and I got bored with it by the end. Expand
  26. MikeD
    Oct 30, 2007
    Whereas the small-screen Borat was a daring and revealing hidden-camera concept, brought to the big-screen he is reduced to a gross-out comedy bastion. The film starts off promisingly, but then the jokes become somewhat weaker, and then it all feels really set-up. Not nearly as good as it could have been.
  27. TheMagicalHippieKiller
    Mar 13, 2007
    This movie was hard to watch, not only because of some of the more rather tastless scenes, but the exposure of some of the dark and disturbing happenings and attitudes in our own country. The film had an oppurtunity to be smarter, but in this day and age where simple-minded humor is depicted because Scary Movie/American Pie types dominate, it fell flat. However, it was still enjoyable, This movie was hard to watch, not only because of some of the more rather tastless scenes, but the exposure of some of the dark and disturbing happenings and attitudes in our own country. The film had an oppurtunity to be smarter, but in this day and age where simple-minded humor is depicted because Scary Movie/American Pie types dominate, it fell flat. However, it was still enjoyable, but only as a rental. The film runs only on shock value, and once you know when things are going to happen, the feeling is gone. However, despite several leud scenes and gags about bodily waste, the most disturbing parts of the film were most of the unsuspecting victims. Several scenes (A high class southern dinner party on "Secession Ave"; an antique shop that is pro-Confederate; a rodeo in which much of the audience is depicted as racist; a Senator and Supreme Court Justice at a Pentacostal gathering; several schovanistic college students and expressing their views) show a darker side to American society, as well as show that Americans do not truly have a centralized culture; many of the locations and their populations vary differently, as seen in the film. Unfortunately, the film does not focus on this the way it should, instead, as stated earlier, choosing to stir up some controversey. However, the best thing about works like this is that it can really help to point out people who are unable to grasp the concept. I am not saying everyone who hates this is an idiot, some of you have very good arguments on why the film is stupid (Ray K, Morgan G). However, a lot of you should sit out on this one. And for the record, and I am suprised there are acutally people who do not know this, but Sacha Baron Cohen, the actor that plays Borat, is in fact, Jewish. Also, this movie seems a little far-fetched. Unless this film was shot after each time he paid his bail, it was most certainly staged in order to broadcast Cohen's personal views. Expand
  28. Sam
    Mar 19, 2007
    There are some laughs here and there, but overall, this is the epitome of "the stupid-funny" movie. Cohen gives a great performance, though.
  29. Josh
    Mar 3, 2007
    Borat has some excellent moments, especially where it takes a moment to point out the ignorance and hypocrisy that permeates America. All in all, though, it is just a movie centered around bathroom humor and American's desperate desire to be on television. It was, to me, a painfully long and embarrassing film that was only moderately funny.
  30. JohnO
    Apr 18, 2007
    Outrageous social satire. It
  31. WillH.
    Jul 2, 2008
    It really wasn't that great.
  32. CocoBunny
    Jun 23, 2009
    High expectations, big letdown. While it has its funny moments, it dragged at times. And dragged. And dragged. Surely Cohen could have come up with more funny stuff--or edited some of the lulls out--to fill the whole running time. If you're a fan of gross-out comedies, you'll like this.
  33. Jglover
    Nov 13, 2006
    A disappointing attempt at converting Borat to the big screen. Felt like it was aimed at the american audience more, simplifying things. Love Borat on the TV, but just so many boring and repeated gags from the TV show. The gross-out has never been something i enjoy, so overall, just bitterly bitterly bitterly disappointing.
  34. LukeF.
    Nov 19, 2006
    No surprises in this movie. Everything is fairly predictable and you get the gist from the previews. Great movie for mindless entertainment, but is it really anything more than a Tom Green movie?
  35. LuisG.
    Nov 4, 2006
    I cant believe how close this film is to a perfect 100 ...looking forward to it was part of my problem... yes it was funny but not hilarious... crude and offensive on behalf of some still ignorant individuals... the mockery was lost about 20 mins into the film then i wasnt buying any of either as a film nor a joke... i dont recommend this film because again it was funny but not hilariousI cant believe how close this film is to a perfect 100 ...looking forward to it was part of my problem... yes it was funny but not hilarious... crude and offensive on behalf of some still ignorant individuals... the mockery was lost about 20 mins into the film then i wasnt buying any of either as a film nor a joke... i dont recommend this film because again it was funny but not hilarious like all those promising reviews .. Expand
  36. RayK.
    Nov 5, 2006
    Borat it bases its laughs on low-grade toilet humor. I don't think for one second believe that its a "social satire" or a "smart comedy" as some are claiming. This is frat-boy humor, period. Not only that, but most of the laughs come from the xenophobia implied by the 'weird Eastern bloc foreigner' who has incestuous relationships, is rude beyond belief, and has no social Borat it bases its laughs on low-grade toilet humor. I don't think for one second believe that its a "social satire" or a "smart comedy" as some are claiming. This is frat-boy humor, period. Not only that, but most of the laughs come from the xenophobia implied by the 'weird Eastern bloc foreigner' who has incestuous relationships, is rude beyond belief, and has no social grace. It's a bit funny, but mostly it's just cheap high school grade yucks. Haha, look at that guy, he has sex with his sister. Isn't that HILARIOUS?? Actually, no-- it's not that funny. The funniest elements are mostly products of the embarrasing situations that come up, but many of these situations are excruciatingly painful to watch, especially when Borat is a jerk to people who are genuinely being kind to him. That's not very funny, in my opinion. It's rather mean-spirited. Yes, you'll laugh, but it's all cheap, fleeting humor. Despite all the hype, this movie isn't anything special, it's not a timeless classic, and most of all, it's not a "smart comedy" as some are claiming. This is cheap, fleeting humor. Expand
  37. JimmusM.
    Dec 22, 2006
    Mean-spirited, vulgar, pointless and juvenile. It is disappointing to notice how many "critics" rated this highly. I wonder if the Ku Klux Klan put out a "comedy" like this if those same critics would be laughing so loudly. Disgusting, puerile stuff.
  38. RM
    Dec 27, 2006
    It wasn't that good, and a lot of it was obviously acted. The genuine, real reacions were the funniest, like on tv. Yeah I was a bit disappointed. Still, those that say its mean spirited, get outta here.
  39. MattV.
    Dec 28, 2006
    This movie features such extremes that it is hard not to give it an average rating. The gangsta scene was wonderfully done and there were othere good scenes too but that wrestling scene went for way too long. That left a bad taste in your mouth after seeing that. This movie should have been rated NC-17.
  40. DanielC.
    Dec 5, 2006
    Borat's an interesting one. Borat tries to be many things, a parody, satire, pure comedy and mockumentary, however, it succeeds at neither, but does a good job all around. The movie relies on the premise of the stereotyped Baltic man, unfortunately, that doesn't resonate with the audience, as no-one really believes that a Kazakh would be like Borat, so that parody is lost. Borat's an interesting one. Borat tries to be many things, a parody, satire, pure comedy and mockumentary, however, it succeeds at neither, but does a good job all around. The movie relies on the premise of the stereotyped Baltic man, unfortunately, that doesn't resonate with the audience, as no-one really believes that a Kazakh would be like Borat, so that parody is lost. Secondly, as a satire, it hits and misses. It illustrates the differing cultures and oddities in America yet fails to really highlight the prejudice of America, partly because these prejudices are fueled by Borat himself, a crude person that no-one would like. Sure, some frat boys said something, but they were drunk and were some random bigots. Deep. Moreover, we see more of Borat's prejudices (like about women, Jews and homosexuals, which doesn't illustrate anything because no-one in their right mind would think that a Jew would need money thrown at it. In a way, this movie comments more on Sasha's prejudices than America's. As a mockumentary, it works as well as any other mockumentary out there, nothing groundbreaking. As a comedy it works. This is a movie that is supposed to make you laugh, yet make you feel bad for laughing. Yet half of the gags were slapslick, [***SPOILER***] like his driving, the bear and the naked scene--no social commentry there. So if you laughed at them, it doesn't really illustrate your prejudices, just that like everyone, you may find humour in a bear making little kids terrified. In all, this hits and misses as a commentary on American and worldwide prejudices. It would be better if Borat wasn't some crude stereotype and went around and asked people questions about their beliefs. Sure it wouldn't be as funny, but it would highlight the bigotry in this world a lot better. When I saw Borat, the people in the cinema didn't treat it as a satire, a comment about society, but simply a gross out film. If it tried to be a commentry on our world, it has failed. I gave it a four, 8 for a comedy, 2 for a satire. Expand
  41. ReidF.
    Jan 27, 2007
    No, this is not the funniest movie ever made, as some have suggested, and it is certainly not a highbrow comedy, but star Sasha Baron Cohen and director Larry Charles took some chances that no one has taken before. In doing so, they humorously exposed America
  42. TimS.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Definitely funny but a one time see for sure.
  43. Tom
    Mar 24, 2007
    I was disappointed... highly overrated film. Parts of it are definitely funny, but for the most part, it is simply an uncomfortable movie to watch, not just because of the underlying racism that is so prevalent in America, but because of how he interacts with people. It's humor at the other's expense, and while some people in the movie are despicable, many are actually very I was disappointed... highly overrated film. Parts of it are definitely funny, but for the most part, it is simply an uncomfortable movie to watch, not just because of the underlying racism that is so prevalent in America, but because of how he interacts with people. It's humor at the other's expense, and while some people in the movie are despicable, many are actually very welcoming of the foreigner and yet are insulted relentlessly. Expand
  44. AdamP.
    Mar 26, 2007
    I personally thought this movie was ok. I found more enjoyment from listening to the self-righteous people around me tell me how ashamed I should be for laughing occasionally throughout. It was refreshing to see everyone get laughed at for once.
  45. K.Dep
    Nov 11, 2006
    Is this the new trend to make movie studios money? Overrate movies to make people go? While I'll admit this movie was pretty funny, it was largely crude scripted humour as opposed to the off the cuff, humour from the people/observers in the film. I was expecting more from this movie. I laughed quite a bit, but more out of stupidity than anything else. I also groaned a lot too. Is this the new trend to make movie studios money? Overrate movies to make people go? While I'll admit this movie was pretty funny, it was largely crude scripted humour as opposed to the off the cuff, humour from the people/observers in the film. I was expecting more from this movie. I laughed quite a bit, but more out of stupidity than anything else. I also groaned a lot too. I'm not sure if this movie was worth seeing or not. It depends on what kind of humour you like. If you don't like vulgar, bathroom oriented humour, do NOT see this movie - that's all there is. Expand
  46. JohnH.
    Nov 12, 2006
    I am 15, so was not offended by these gags. But they were not as inspired as I had expected. I saw the feminist part in a clip online before the movie came out. Just based on that I considered it a flop. But the reviews were so great, I had to go see what I was missing. It does come across a little better as a whole, but it was generally crude humor. Others seem to be finding a I am 15, so was not offended by these gags. But they were not as inspired as I had expected. I saw the feminist part in a clip online before the movie came out. Just based on that I considered it a flop. But the reviews were so great, I had to go see what I was missing. It does come across a little better as a whole, but it was generally crude humor. Others seem to be finding a significant cultural agenda in this movie, but I can't see it. He is at a house for dinner, goes to the bathroom, then carries back a bag of poo. The other people at the table become uncomfortable and decide to go home. Later, in a scripted scene, he rumbles naked through the hotel with his 400 pound producer in an extended fat-gag. Is this making a social comment about American prejudice? I don't think so. Is it comic genius? Hardly. Sort of like the South Park Movie, critics seemed to decide the crudeness was satire, and overrated a movie that should have been relegated to television. Expand
  47. WadeT.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Borat, for all of its high-praise and commercial success, is a one-trick pony of a movie. Here is the basic set-up: Take an offensive character, who is forgiveable for his low brow behaviour because he doesn't know any better, and have people react in shock or reveal themselves to be just as offensive. That is really the whole movie and is why many people who seeBorat will be Borat, for all of its high-praise and commercial success, is a one-trick pony of a movie. Here is the basic set-up: Take an offensive character, who is forgiveable for his low brow behaviour because he doesn't know any better, and have people react in shock or reveal themselves to be just as offensive. That is really the whole movie and is why many people who seeBorat will be disapointted. Because at the end of the day its humor is in its shock value. Nothing clever, or witty, just lowbrow beviour dressed up as satire. Expand
  48. NobueI.
    Nov 16, 2006
    I agree completely with Wade T.'s assessment. I went into this movie with high expectations, because of the reviews that praised it as an incisive satire; and was disappointed to find that all Cohen did was point out the obvious, and in such a repetitive manner that "Borat" could easily have been distilled into about twenty minutes with no significant loss. There are two great I agree completely with Wade T.'s assessment. I went into this movie with high expectations, because of the reviews that praised it as an incisive satire; and was disappointed to find that all Cohen did was point out the obvious, and in such a repetitive manner that "Borat" could easily have been distilled into about twenty minutes with no significant loss. There are two great scenes: the Southern dinner party and the naked wrestling scene. Otherwise, the film is tiresome and unimaginative; the scatalogical and sexual stuff ceases to be funny after the second mispronunciation of "vagina", and the film makes no larger point about the sexism and anti-Semitism it exposes in Borat's unwitting victims-- it just gawks at them, and finds the gawking sufficient. Expand
  49. AronR.
    Nov 25, 2006
    simply put: it felt forced. i'm a huge fan of borat on the hbo because i laugh until it hurts everytime i see one(no matter how many times on a few of em) yeah it was funny but giving this character a plot to try to make him real leads to forcing a premise on original fans that just gets in the way of the true genius of borat. a lot of the jokes have been done before, but that simply put: it felt forced. i'm a huge fan of borat on the hbo because i laugh until it hurts everytime i see one(no matter how many times on a few of em) yeah it was funny but giving this character a plot to try to make him real leads to forcing a premise on original fans that just gets in the way of the true genius of borat. a lot of the jokes have been done before, but that doesn't matter to those introduced, i understand why most either laughed out of control or were disgusted (one guy next to me called us a bunch of racist and walked out with his wife, he obviously wasn't in on the joke). the laughs i had from "look, they've changed their shapes" and the dinner party paid for the price of admission. i guess i'm just bitter because now everyone knows about borat and that means no more new hbo specials. i look forward to new characters from cohen. fare the well borat, you will be missed. Expand
  50. JasonJ.
    Nov 29, 2006
    Anyone who gave this movie a score above 7 did not see Borat on HBO. The skits are much more funny on HBO and the movie is more or less an average "Cliff notes" compilation of the TV series.
  51. Feb 24, 2013
    Borat has some very funny scenes, especially in the beginning, but I began to notice a little past the half way mark the movie was starting to drag. You can only go so far with shock humor before it becomes redundant.
  52. Dec 12, 2013
    So stupid it's funny. The titular character delivers many controversial laughs, so stay away if you're easily offended. I'm actually surprised it has such a high score.
  53. Oct 2, 2014
    I love Sacha Baron Cohen's works, and even though I'm truly amazed by the things he dares to do, Borat was a little uncomfortable to watch. At times it was simply disgusting, and I don't see how those scenes add any humor or meaning to the movie.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Wildly funny. Its best jokes approach some savage, atavistic core of cultural taboo and make the viewer wonder: Is it really possible to laugh at this? But by the time you formulate that question, it's too late: You're already laughing.
    Borat isn't just one of the funniest movies of the year, it might be one of the funniest movies of all time.
    As clever as he is crude, Cohen alchemizes bad-taste comedy into Strangelovean satire.