7.2

1. Apr 27, 2014
    I didn;t think this sound like the best concept for a disney/pixar movie, but me and my friend went to see it because she legit looks like the main character Merida and it was all a bit of a joke really. However, this movie really surprised me, in fact I love it! I will watch it over and over! It's comical and has a great story line which is truly unique to anything else. The movie centres around a strained relationship between mother and daughter which most people can relate to, and how they decide to resolve their problems. Expand
  2. Nov 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This time, it's Kelly Macdonald's turn to be the princess, the future queen of Scotland. As Merida, she gets to be brave, but brave how? In Elizabeth, Macdonald plays Isabel Knollys, one of the then-princess' girlfriends, first glimpsed in a meadow, where she climbs off a horse and joins the idling others, who stop their dancing in order to greet the future queen's rival. Elizabeth, meanwhile, undulates alone, pretending not to notice the male presence. Whereas Merida grabs the reigns of her own horse, Isabel needs a man to do the riding, Elizabeth's man, the Earl of Leicester, who would later marry the lesser wench, while "The Virgin Queen", a Protestant, was busy antagonizing the Catholics. Unlike Elizabeth, the reluctant princess' formative years is distinguished by the obfuscation of a love interest and friends, both male, and more pointedly, female. It's a filmic calibration, calculatedly so. Instead of a true love, a man without the pedigree to marry a princess, Merida has a bow; no beau at all, no analog to Elizabeth's earl. Brave, despite its comic tempering, can't quite obscure the fact that Merida hatches a murder plot against the queen. Elinor, due to her interpellation into a patriarchal structure, turns a deaf ear to Merida's plea that she "just listen". The mother is too preoccupied with her daughter's betrothal, thereby circumventing an open dialogue about the redhead's lesbianism. At the outset of Brave, a transfiguration is suggested, when Merida, as a wee lass, encounters a will-o'-the-wisp while retrieving an errant arrow. According to lore, this floating body of blue light is reputed to drive people off safe paths. Metaphorically speaking, as life journeys go, heterosexuality, for a princess and future queen, would seem to be a less complicated road. Marry, and live happily ever after. Merida, however, is no storybook princess. At the archery contest, she declares, "I'll be shooting for my own hand," and afterwards, in the castle, the proto-feminist ranting persists, as the victorious princess, proud of her performative emancipation, tells Elinor, "I'm not going to be like you," before charging off into the woods on her horse. By perchance, the will-o'-the-wisp returns, finding the lost girl at her most vulnerable. Intuiting what Merida wants, the spirit leads the princess to a witch, who then concocts an elixir, a cake, with the power to "change" the queen(into a corpse?). As Elinor writhes and spasms, her daughter sits bedside, oblivious to the potentiality of her mother's death. The girl's overriding concern is that the queen should remand her impending nuptials. She tries to coax some last words out of the queen before the poison takes effect. But unexpectedly, Elinor turns into a bear, causing Merida to remark, "The witch must have given me a gamy spell." These seemingly benevolent words are double-edged, treacherous words that the audience, who presumes the heroine to be good, will vault past, never once entertaining the notion that the tainted cake was meant to kill. After all, it's a children's film. Scan the castle interiors; scan the crowd at the playing field for a girl, a peasant, perhaps, a secret lover who has to escape detection from the parental royals.The cake, and the violence which proceeds its consumption by a matriarchal figure, recalls Heavenly Creatures, when Pauline tells her mother to take the last pastry, to "treat yourself", just before the girls murder Honora Parker. With mom out of the way, Paulie thinks her fate is changed; she and Juliet(first seen dressed as a princess) can now be together. "She doesn't seem to "bear" us any grudge," Juliet says, as the torrid lovers make their last-minute preparations. Neither does Elinor, who adjusts to her new form in record time. That's because she's one, too: a lesbian. While searching for the sprite, Merida lets loose a Freudian slip of sorts, shouting, "Fine, don't come out while my mom is watching." She knows, though; the father, too, about them both. Later, back at the castle, the king tells Merida, "Just like your mom, you devil." He knows that the bear is his wife; he believes Merida. Only as a beast, a monster, can he justifiably kill his gay queen. "Don't let her out!" the king barks out at the housekeeper, or else he'll have to kill Merida, too, bear or not. Brave, in essence, is Mulan with kilts. Even more sexually confused than her Scottish counterpart, only in drag, as Ping, can Mulan love Li Shang. She too is leery about marriage. "When will my reflection show, who I am inside," the cross-dresser sings. Subconsciously, she purposefully sets the matchmaker on fire. But alas, to be a dutiful daughter, Mulan will marry the handsome captain, and please her tradition-bound parents. Merida, however, has other ideas. Like Joan, who passes on sailing to Kiloran in "I Know Where I'm Going", Merida, too, stays on dry land for love. Expand
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    I first have to praise the animators at Pixar, the film really does look quite stunning, as we’ve come to expect. I will put aside the many historical inaccuracies or I could be here all day; needless to say, a lot of poetic license has been used. There were some really comic moments which I found quite refreshing, but the general narrative was skewed towards a female audience (I felt). Not that that’s a bad thing; I still found myself wrapped up in the story as much as I would have been if it had been a more male orientated work. Over all, it’s very enjoyable with some great comic moments. Definitely one for mothers and daughters rather than fathers and sons, but still worth a look if you have the inclination.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 7.3/10
  4. Jul 6, 2012
    This is the first animation from Pixar with a female in the lead. Merida is a young Scottish princess, who would rather ride her horse and shoot arrows than do girlie stuff. When it's time for suitors, she protests, flees and causes a spell that upends her world. While the title suggests a bold, daring action film, that's not the case. This is a tale of inner bravery. While the story is compelling, many of the familiar Pixar elements are in short supply: enjoyable supporting characters, clever humor and dazzling visuals (Merida's hair is the star of the movie). While the audience (young and old) seemed rapt, I found there to be too much dialogue and not enough fun. NOTE: Stay thru the credits for one final punchline. Expand
  5. Jan 4, 2013
    I was a little curious about this movie, but yet was excited to see it because I love Pixar. The trailer looked pretty good and seemed like an adventure film about a Princess that loves archery. It looks like an awesome adventure and would seem like a kick ass Princess film. However, it wasn't exactly as adventuress as I thought it would be, it was more like a typical Princess story with its parental problems like before from Disney. But I still don't think it is a bad one, yet its not as strong as I hoped. The animation was beautiful, even the Princess's design was pretty cool. I also like the characters like the father / King, I love that guy. He was funny, lovable, memorable, and such a great character. I also like the Princess herself, she was cliche'd a bit but not in a bad way. The three little sons were hilarious. The thing that kind of was a little disappointing was the story. Again, I was expecting an epic adventure, but it was more to grow the connection with the Princess and Queen. The Queen turns into a bear and won't change back till the broken relation is fixed. It's not a bad story, but I was expecting a little more. I think Brave was pretty decent and enjoyable, but its sadly not the Strongest from Pixar. But its still pretty good, I'd give it a chance to check it out. Expand
  6. Jun 27, 2012
    Brave is a good film that is a blast while your watching it but after you feel as though all will soon be forgotten. This is a result of characters that are not memorable and a message that is cliches and that you've seen in plenty of Disney movies. Because of pixar's masterpieces I feel as though this film should have been better, but it is still good none the less.
  7. Apr 17, 2013
    Its difficult to come away from a Pixar film and not be blown away, I haven't seen Cars 2 and therefore can't comment on its mixed reaction, but even the first Cars film had me in awe, and while Brave is one of the funniest entries in Pixar's gleaming list of accolades, while still an excellent film, it doesn't fit well with their other movies and seems very Disney oriented, with various call outs to the typical Disney genre, the witch, the bears the princess etc.
    With a Scottish backdrop, Brave is told at a time of magical fantasy with kings, queens and castles, and when flaming red-haired teenager Merida (Kelly MacDonald) tries to be her own person, she comes into conflict with her mother, Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson) who wants her daughter to be raised the traditional way.
    Brave kicked off proceedings with a very nervy and edgy start, but a start that didn't seem to develop, we see Merida making a fool out of all her potential husbands with a bow and arrow, but nothing seems to develop from her skill with such a weapon, and although the plot that unfolds is pretty thoughtful and detailed, it always seems like the film was started to lead into something different.
    The message within the film refers to the relationship between Merida and her mother, but again this never seems to have time to make enough of an emotional impact to justify the climax of the film.
    Saying that though, Merida is a very intriguing and interesting character, and it was certainly a nice change to see a perhaps male-dominated generation to be upstaged by this flame-haired princess and skilled heroine.
    As usual, Pixar continue to push out the most breathtaking an beautifully animated films in recent memory, and Brave is no exception. The Scottish Highlands are the perfect backdrop for the fairytale feel of a film, with rapturous bagpipe tunes to set the tone of the film and show off its true beauty.
    Comedy-wise, it doesn't disappoint, with Merida's younger brothers, triplets, being the funniest of them all, playing their pranks whether it is with their father or cake stealing off a maid, the humour, topped with the accent, makes for a wonderfully funny 90 mins.
    Yes, 90 mins (if not less) and it does certainly seem so as the film does seem to speed its way through, but although the truly unique feel of a Pixar film perhaps isn't in full force with Brave, there is enough laughter and enough visual spectacle, along with an excellent voice cast that make this enjoyable, if not solely for the adult wanting a previous Pixar effort, then certainly the children.
  8. Aug 2, 2013
    Brave isn't a typical Pixar film, but that isn't a bad thing because it's a really great film. It's not up there with Pixar's best, but: it's not down there with their worst. It features an enchanting story equipped with emotion and action, it is also charmingly comedic. The voice acting on this film is superb and the dialogue is funny. The characters all have there charms and there designs and detail are terrific, this is matched with skilled and fluid animation. One of the faults of Brave however, is that it's too short, another 20 minutes would fit nicely; also, the ending didn't have to be that stereotypically cheesy and predictable. But, aside from those fairly minor faults Brave is a really great movie. So I give this film a... 86/100! Expand
  9. Aug 8, 2012
    Let's keep this review nice and simple. It is a delightful film about the importance of family, but with a very simple plot line. There really wasn't any protagonist to cause any conflict that really kept me absorbed. It is a nice movie with a predictable ending; nothing more.
  10. Dec 25, 2013
    Although not the best film from Pixar-Disney, Brave is an entertaining movie with its motherhood message mixed with its strong feminist message as well.
  11. Mar 8, 2014
    "Brave" is darker and more violent than other Pixar movies, and although it's slightly weaker than some other Pixar films, it still delivers plenty of humor, fun and emotion. The film makes a solid family & kids film.
  12. Aug 5, 2012
    Brave isn't a typical Pixar film, in fact it plays more like a Disney Animation with its traditional storyline and tales of morality. I will go further to say that this approach, along with its fairy tale-like setting, felt like something from a Brothers Grimm collection. Its not as inventive as most of the other pixar films, but the well told story, positive message and the heartfelt climax almost compensates. Its filled with wild bursts energy and is never short on humor, thanks to the striking action pieces and beautifully animated characters. Brave boasts a great sound palette and mix, and fantastic voice acting from a primarily Scottish cast. I yearned for more creative ambition in this film, but it was good none the less, and never short on depth. In the end it is not Pixars finest efforts, but it certainly wasn't there worse. Expand
  13. Dec 12, 2012
    Sure, 'Brave' has stunning animation. What else? By that I mean: What else is there that we haven't seen before, but have come to expect from Pixar? Exactly. This is a mild animation entry that certainly is worth your money, but maybe not your time. It's great to look at. Your kids will love it. But the majority of moviegoers have lived long enough to be able to demand more from a feature than something neatly packaged, while remaining hollow deep down. Admittedly, there are glimpses into the movie that could of been, or was at least imagined to be, but 'Brave' isn't it. In fact, while nowhere near as horrible as 'Cars 2', it stands as one of Pixar's laziest efforts. Collapse
  14. Jul 9, 2012
    If you want to see a movie about individualism and family, then this is the one to see. Although some people will groan about seeing an animation, this definitely tops the list. As the main character, Merida, goes along through this story, she is faced with a few life challenges that could affect her for a long time. As suggested by the film's title, "Brave," Merida is required to draw from within herself and figure out what needs to be done. During this time, she learns some important values about herself and those that she loves. This movie is definitely one that I recommend. However, some things could have been done differently. Expand
  15. Sep 12, 2012
    Brave is visually lush but lacks the spark that an Animated film needs to stand out. It's also quite run of the mill and wouldn't feel out of place as an eighties disney movie. Its not terrible by any stretch but while Pixar has a strong history of Kids movies that are just as enjoyable for adults, Brave is best left to the kids (and nothing wrong with that)
  16. Jul 31, 2012
    Brave is one of Pixar's best looking movies but overall one of their weakest. Always to goofy and never as emotionally investing as could have been, and with Pixar, it should have been.
  17. Sep 11, 2012
    The storytelling was not as solid as other Pixar films, but I found myself enjoying it anyway. Still as humorous as the others, quite emotional, and exceptional acting. If this was created by Dreamworks, it would probably be one of their best features. However, this is Pixar, and their standards are much higher. But I think we're lucky we don't have to see Brave 4.
  18. Jun 22, 2014
    Brave was my most anticipated movie of 2012. Its trailers showed us something new, something serious from Pixar. I even though it would outshine all Disney princess movie ever. This movie clearly suffered from Brenda Chapman's departure as the firs half of the movie feels serious and promising and the other half is just a mediocre kiddie flick. I thought it was going to be Pixar's How to Train Your Dragon. Merida is a very good character, but her transformation through the movie didn't feel right. The animation is gorgeous and the voice work is very accurate and very respectful to Scottish culture.The twists and turns made this movie feel like The Brother Bear 3. Expand
  19. Nov 4, 2012
    it's disappointing that the film often times resorts to physical humor, but this is still Pixar. Animation is superb; the soundtrack outstanding; and the story, even though not taking any risks aside from a cool twist, is heartfelt.
  20. Jun 20, 2014
    Loved the characters and the world. The story is familiar (Little Mermaid/Brother Bear) yet heart warming. One of my favorite Pixar films and Merida's my favorite Disney princess.
  21. Dec 16, 2012
    "Brave" has all the ingredients of a Pixar movie and like all the others it is a completely masterpiece. The problem is that people can't see a Pixar movie without thinking on Up, Wall-E, Ratatouille, etc. Let's see the film, enjoy it and think that it's a new and different adventure. Maybe it is not has good as the most recent Pixar movies, but it still being a marvelous and well-done movie.
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    Not the direction I thought it would go.I thought she would go on some different adventure, but it was good. I liked the main character. The story overall was nothing to crazy.
  23. Feb 12, 2013
    Portuguese Brazil

Gostei da produção: Bela trabalho gráfico e iluminação, realmente magnifico! A personalidade do elenco deixa-o melhor ainda, a historia não ficou tão ruim apesar já ser usado em outros filmes, estou a espera do filme 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English

I liked the production: Beautiful artwork and lighting, truly magnificent! The personality of the cast makes it even better, the story was not so bad despite already being used in other films, I'm waiting for the movie 2!
  24. Jun 28, 2013
    The first half of this movie is awesome. The protagonist is cool and unique, the setting is great, and the portrayal of all the characters is hilarious. The movie seems to get better and better, up to the point where I said, "hey, this is one of Pixar's best movies yet".

But then it happened. Bears.
    That's right, bears. At that point, the movie turns into a predictable and
    uninteresting child's movie. Every plot point is easy to guess, the characters are less cool, and the story just seems to die. The second half of the movie is like a giant kick in the nuts to the first half, and it really just kills the movie.

That's why I'm giving a 5/10. The first half was great (5/5) and the second half was abysmal (0/5).
  25. May 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This should not have won best animation(Wreck-It Ralph was much better). While better than Cars 2, I think that the writing was a little weak. It kind of felt like Pirates of the Caribbean 3 when they turned into bears. Not to say I didn't like this movie, but there were better animations in 2012. Expand
  26. May 10, 2014
    This was the second not-so-good Pixar movie in a row: Cars 2 being the first. And I personally liked Cars 2 better, so that should tell you something. This, I thought, would be a story about adventure and mystery...but it turned out to be a generic story about a rebellious-and-adventurous princess whose mother wants her to be more princess-y, whereas she wants to be able to do what she wants, and when she runs away after a fight, she finds a witch that turns her into a bear. There are some good parts, like when the bear-mother starts to have to fight to be able to stay human vs giving in to being a bear, and there are some funny characters, like the girl's 3 triplet brothers and the father,but it's just overall a let-down. Expand
  27. Mar 15, 2013
    I liked this movie, but up against other Pixar movies it falls short. The beginning of this movie is the best part, but when the twist happens and the story comes together it kind of goes down hill.
  28. Mar 12, 2013
    Enjoyable to watch, this movie is actually a pretty good Disney project. Emotional and funny but for sure, not one of the best. I give "Brave" 7/10, because i think it's great and i recommend this to all kids and teens
  29. Jun 22, 2013
    "Brave" is a good Pixar film but it goes in crescendo although in a filmed midpoint begins fall. Brenda Chapman was the first director and that is prominent because her view is risky and that is what should be a Pixar film. "Monsters University" is great because it's a fun by fun film but "Brave" should be epic and, only, is the first half part.
  30. Jan 12, 2014
    Very nice. Good plot, good animations. I watched it about a week ago for the first time and I liked it. Cant say I'm impressed, but overall movie is just nice. Reccomended for 7+ kids.
  31. Jan 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Superficial tripe and missed opportunity to explore the main character! Movie goes south when mom is turned into a bear! Safe non-threatening Pixar output! Expand
  32. Aug 16, 2013
    Unimpressed with this lackluster effort from pixar. It is about the similar storyline, a princess, a threat and a happy ever after. Boring, and fell asleep in parts, nothing was memorable or interesting, not pixar's best. Probably disliked this because i am a teenage boy, but you like if you are a small girl though. Not one for boys.
  33. Jun 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The movie was a little short, but it was very good. It was funny and emotional. Pixar always does a good job (although I heard Cars 2 wasn't very good, weird Its not as good as Finding Nemo or Up, but its really close. I also like how the princess does not end up falling in love in this movie. I thought that was cool. Expand
  34. Aug 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie tells us a story of a young princess that her mother wants her to marry and the princess doesn't want. they fight all the time as the mother always talks about the marriage and the young girl always gets annoyed and they talk bad to each other. So one day she takes a spell from a witch so as to change her mother's behaviour but the spell actually transformed the mother to a bear. It is a really interesting plot and the movie has some funny moments. Time passes really fast and it is moving in some points as the girl and her mum the get well with each other in that way. Princess Merida is a combination of Katniss everdeen and black widow and i have to say that i really liked that character. The whole movie in general is great and you will laugh and you will get sad in some moments. I don't really like animation but I really liked Brave. I haven't seen the other films which were nominated for an Oscar but Brave was a good film and it obviously deserved an Oscar. Expand
  35. Jul 4, 2013
    Brave's characters are what shine in the film, and in this case it's great. While Brave's storyline isn't as complex and original as some of top notch storytelling movies do today, its deep relationships with characters make this film feel human. Characters like Merida are wonderfully written: a female teen princess who struggles with the fact that she wants freedom and to do what she wants to, while her mothers constantly wants her to be a normal princess. Merida doesn't want a prince, she doesn't want marriage, she wants to be herself it's a wonderful spin to most of the Disney Princesses, who mostly want to get married (Well, Tiana and Mulan are different, even though they do fall in love in the film). Merida and Elinor (Merida's mother The Queen) are what really make this film emotional and its take on how princes don't always save the day is what makes this film stand out to other Princess films and makes the film great. Expand
  36. Jun 8, 2014
    Well Pixar's first try at a princess movie is enjoyable but clearly Disney is the leader of this market. Now this is my second viewing for this movie first was back when it was released on Blu ray and while i still find the movie entertaining i didn't find myself laughing as much this time around and most of the time the laughs came from the three little brothers other then that i laughed maybe 2 or 3 times. Seeing that this is an original story and not a sequel the story is rather unoriginal and underwhelming compared to past original Pixar films other than the Cars movies which are just terrible. Personally i think Steve Purcell had a bit too much of a hands-on with this movie and that's why it didn't turn out as well as it could have.

The movie follows Merida a young princess and ever since her father King Fergus(Billy Connolly) gave her a bow and some arrows when she was just a child she has been different. She is not like every other princess she is more a tomboy that likes to do archery and go on adventures something her mother Queen Elinor(Emma Thompson) highly disapproves of. Soon her mother and father tell her that she has to get married to one of the three other clans prince's, reluctant to agree Merida and her mother get into a heated argument to a point were Merida storms out and goes into the forest. Once deep into the forest she notices a blue orb type thing floating in the air and she decides to following it, it leads her to a old witch's cabin were she ends up asking the witch to change her mom. Now we have our story and like i said before its unoriginal and underwhelming which is a shame because the trailers made the movie look a lot better then what it ended up being but still though i enjoyed the movie.

For the most part the only thing that separates this Pixar movie from other movie studios like Walt Disney Animation, DreamWorks Animation, and Illumination Entertainment, is its amazing use of animation. Everything was beautifully detailed especially Merida's hair and the grass which both right from the beginning are a stand out with just how gorgeous the movie looks but i guess with them updating their animation system for the first time in about 25 years it was bound to looks stunning. The cast was good but no one was a really stood out and with a list of actors like Billy Connolly, Craig Ferguson, Emma Thompson, Kelly Macdonald, Robbie Coltrane, Kevin McKidd that was kinda a let down. The action was entertaining but there just wasn't enough of it to really mean anything well i guess because half of the fighting was between the four clans where the humor comes in and no one dies.

Overall i give it a 7.0 Well honestly i have this as my 3rd least favorite Pixar movie of course behind the two car movies still though this is a good first try for Pixar but honestly they should just let Disney do the princess movies as they obviously the best ones at doing it.
  37. Aug 14, 2013
    A charming and beautiful story about the mother-daughter relationship. This animation packs laughs, tears and joy. Something about watching animals with human-like behaviour that really gets me. The characters were quite unique and very well-written. The animation was stunning, even in 2D, which was what I saw. For me, the story itself won the show.
  38. Oct 7, 2013
    It lacks the dramatic depth of the Toy Story series, its plot is as bland as A Bug's Life and it definitely doesn't not share the same character charm as Tangled and Bolt. In saying that, it's not a terrible movie; I could probably watch it again and still enjoy its simplicity. As a Disney Animation though, it's disappointing. The story is somewhat nonsensical, Merida and her Mother's character are frustrating to watch and its climax flat-lines. Merida wields a bow & arrow but not once does she use it for proper situations. Her character is sparingly approached and absent of anything memorable of her. The movie felt rushed and unpolished. It could've been done so much better. Expand
  39. Oct 31, 2013
    when i heard about this film for the first time i thought that it isn't going to be so bad as cars 2 was,but i thought that it wouldn't be so close of terms of quality.
  40. Feb 16, 2014
    I find "Brave" a very special children's movie, because even though it's humorous and fun, it really stays with you as a deep and smart movie about a mother-daughter relationship. The animation is simply beautiful and the Scottish folk music soundtrack is perfect. I actually like it more than most of the kids who saw it.
  41. Mar 22, 2014
    brave is a okay animated film . to much a mother and daughter fight in an animated film sort of like peabody and sherman . but this not like it . this film is a irish jig film thats whats cool about it Grade D
  42. Mar 3, 2014
    A safe, average Pixar film which conjures up the usual emotions with its usual plot. It contains some rather surprisingly mature humour and also some good music, and voice acting (although it took me a good few times to register the name Merida as not them exclaiming "murder" every so often) but with its short running time, Brave will make you want and expect more and it doesn't totally deliver.
  43. Mar 29, 2014
    I have no idea why this film won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature 2012, Brave was not that great. It had a very bland story with very bland themes and it was not inspiring at all. I really don't know why Pixar made a stupid film like this. All it was was just eye candy which was good as usual for Pixar, but the story was not good. Wreck-It Ralph should have won that Academy Award, that film was actually creative; I felt that they just gave the film that reward just because it's Pixar...that's it. Besides the Cars films, Brave is one of Pixar's biggest mistakes. I would not recommend it. Expand
  44. Apr 22, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoyed this movie very much. Concept of the movie was great! Special effect was amazing. So i think this movie is better for any kids or animation lovers :) Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Aug 12, 2012
    No less lovely than former films, in many ways lovelier, but Brave is boutique Pixar: less ambitious, more succinct, excellence at a lower ebb.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Child
    Jun 25, 2012
    For the animation studio's debut foray into fairytale, Pixar has delivered a rousing family melodrama.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Jun 25, 2012
    My heart belongs to Bear Elinor, whose movements and mannerisms are a tender echo of Human Elinor's – her character is designed and drawn just that carefully.