Lions Gate Films | Release Date: May 11, 2001
7.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 10 Ratings
Watch Now
sirwalteraleighMay 2, 2016
A must-have for any movie is sympathy with the leading protagonists. This movie fails, woefully, from the outset as one's sympathies lie with the people it is trying to vilify.

I had to force myself to sit through it. It is vague,

I had to force myself to sit through it. It is vague, sentimental, do-gooding trash that is just indulgent nonsense from the 'arty' community.

The 'heroine' is an illegal immigrant. In other words, she should not be in LA to start with. She is then given a cleaning job by a sympathetic supervisor who has no need to employ illegal immigrants, jeopardising his own position. Of course she is not going to have the backing of any union! She's ILLEGAL!!!!!

The film tries (but fails) to create dislike for the supervisor and rally emotional support for a bunch of cleaners who should actually be grateful for their employment as they are all ILLEGAL. If you don't like it, go back to Mexico and have no job. Crikey.

What a waste of time, which I will never get back. The movie is truly pointless.