Bridesmaids

7.2

1. Jun 4, 2011
    Not as good as I expected. There were only a couple of funny parts. I felt it was a movie about bad things happening to one person, none of which were that persons fault. This movie isn't for everyone. You have to like a certain kind of comedy to like this movie.
  2. Jun 3, 2011
    Bridesmaids was an absolutely painful movie to watch for more than two hours. Yes, it had it's Judd Apatow moments that make anybody with a sense of humor laugh; on the other hand, there were so many poorly edited scenes that, if watched with a fresh eye, could have made the movie much, much shorter. I'd say any chick with a sense of humor will love this, but don't think it's a movie forBridesmaids was an absolutely painful movie to watch for more than two hours. Yes, it had it's Judd Apatow moments that make anybody with a sense of humor laugh; on the other hand, there were so many poorly edited scenes that, if watched with a fresh eye, could have made the movie much, much shorter. I'd say any chick with a sense of humor will love this, but don't think it's a movie for everyone. Guys: save your money. Expand
  3. Jul 10, 2011
    Had something going for it and i laughed at loud at a couple of scenes but it loses its way and becomes intensely boring with a school girl ending where everyone ends up friends. I got so bored i left about 10 minutes before the end....Nothing more to say.
  4. Jul 14, 2011
    Every scene too long, no character particularly sympathetic (certainly not the lead), very little to laugh at, and a thin, well, actually, no plot: I don't know how this film has garnered so much praise.
  5. May 30, 2011
    Whether you're going for thoughtful comedy or all-out comedy, you gotta keep the laughs comin' man. I walked in thinking that a Kristen Wiig penned script would deliver, but really it just slugged along. I wanted the laughs to come out quick and relentless like diarrhea (see BRIDESMAIDS), but it just came out slow, awkward and not enough (see, um BRIDESMAIDS). It's a dramedy - You reallyWhether you're going for thoughtful comedy or all-out comedy, you gotta keep the laughs comin' man. I walked in thinking that a Kristen Wiig penned script would deliver, but really it just slugged along. I wanted the laughs to come out quick and relentless like diarrhea (see BRIDESMAIDS), but it just came out slow, awkward and not enough (see, um BRIDESMAIDS). It's a dramedy - You really gotta know your **** to pull off one of those turds. Expand
  6. Aug 8, 2011
    I even found the movie funny in some scenes, like the one of the dressing-room, which was hilarious. But I still donâ
  7. May 13, 2011
    This movie is totally mistitled and misleading. It should have been titled "The Bridesmaid" singular. There was no strong female clique as advertising would suggest. Nothing like "The Hangover" ensemble. No, this is a movie focused on the Maid of Honor/Bridesmaid, which totally gives it a different tone than expected. You feel trapped in an emotional rollercoaster rather than a comedy. So,This movie is totally mistitled and misleading. It should have been titled "The Bridesmaid" singular. There was no strong female clique as advertising would suggest. Nothing like "The Hangover" ensemble. No, this is a movie focused on the Maid of Honor/Bridesmaid, which totally gives it a different tone than expected. You feel trapped in an emotional rollercoaster rather than a comedy. So, yeah, for a "Bridesmaids" movie, as it is, this movie was overall boring and long and only seldom humorous. And for a rated R movie, it should have had more suggestive/sexual content to be frank and hotter guys (and this is coming from a guy's perspective). Expand
  8. Jun 10, 2011
    For me I have to get lost in a movie to really enjoy it. There were too many times in this movie that set off that little message in my head that said "this just wouldn't happen!" Lots of laughs and some great performances by character actors, but if I were the cop I'd have been running in the other direction. Sometimes less is more when you're going for the laughs. This was just a bit too much!
  9. Jul 23, 2011
    Bridesmaids is a good film. A Really Funny Movie And The Cast Was Very Good. My only problem with this film is that its kind of a girly film and men cant really relate to what they do. But overall a good film and i would give this film a low matinee!
  10. Dec 28, 2011
    I finally took time out to see Bridesmaids, and plain and simple: It wasn't worth it. This is commonly cited as the female version of the Hangover, and I can see why; Its loud, raunchy and most of all it's Overrated. The movie is sluggish and filled to the brim with simple minded, toilet humor. It has some laughs here and there but overall the humor was forced (eg. the food poisoningI finally took time out to see Bridesmaids, and plain and simple: It wasn't worth it. This is commonly cited as the female version of the Hangover, and I can see why; Its loud, raunchy and most of all it's Overrated. The movie is sluggish and filled to the brim with simple minded, toilet humor. It has some laughs here and there but overall the humor was forced (eg. the food poisoning scene). Story-wise, the movie may have been fine, but this was overshadowed by all the mess. It is also bizarre that Mellisa McCarthy is getting this much attention, for a substandard, useless performance. Expand
  11. Apr 13, 2013
    I was expecting a mushy rom-com but this film wasn't like that at all. Wasn't massively funny, and the humour was something you'd expect from a film aimed at a male audience; ie. throwing up and cringe-worthy speeches, etc. I also found the main character quite unlikeable. I didn't have any sympathy for her as all the bad things happening to her were mostly her fault. The cop was the onlyI was expecting a mushy rom-com but this film wasn't like that at all. Wasn't massively funny, and the humour was something you'd expect from a film aimed at a male audience; ie. throwing up and cringe-worthy speeches, etc. I also found the main character quite unlikeable. I didn't have any sympathy for her as all the bad things happening to her were mostly her fault. The cop was the only character I felt myself warming to. A bit "meh" Expand
  12. Nov 3, 2011
    It had some really funny moments but I'm not one who finds dick and fart jokes funny. It felt like a female response to the god awful The Hangover, but was much better than that creepy trash. If this is the beginning of Wiig's film career, I look forward to seeing her grow. If she grows. 5 Grouse points for including fellow countryman Rebel Wilson.
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    It's not funny. The acting isn't very good. The main character Annie and her friend (can't even remember her name, played by Maya Rudolph) are annoying. We're meant to feel sympathetic towards Annie when really she's an incredibly selfish destructive person. The "antagonist", if you can call her that pretty much just stands back and just lets Annie ruin herself and her friends' lives. AndIt's not funny. The acting isn't very good. The main character Annie and her friend (can't even remember her name, played by Maya Rudolph) are annoying. We're meant to feel sympathetic towards Annie when really she's an incredibly selfish destructive person. The "antagonist", if you can call her that pretty much just stands back and just lets Annie ruin herself and her friends' lives. And then when she comes to Annie in a time of weakness Annie treats her like **** and acts like It's her that was wrong. Expand
  14. Jul 21, 2012
    Bridesmaids is cringe-worthy funny but it is nowhere near the levels of comedic worth that I have come to expect of Apatow-produced films. Melissa McCarthy is very funny, as is Jon Hamm's small role but all in all it is not enough to rate this film extremely highly. Still, it is definitely worth a view or two and will liven up a quiet night in for sure.
  15. Dec 21, 2012
    I can't believe this movie. It does have laugh out loud moments. Overall, at the end of it, I felt cheated. It's a mediocre movie that can't be too horrible, but my God, it's seriously one of the films that will be quoted by teenage girls for years. I am 16 years old, and although I do have to say, I enjoyed a couple of scenes, in the end it felt like the whole movie was unecessary.
  16. Nov 7, 2012
    It goes a little overboard on a few occasions, particularly the extended dress shop barfing scene, but hey, it's got soul, and Melissa McCarthy is fantastic.
  17. May 25, 2014
    Bridesmaids is a good chick flick that guys can find watchable and like. The plot may be pointless and washed out the film plays to its strong points. The great dialog and how the main cast plays off each other also all the funny scenarios the women find themselves in. The whole cast was great Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ellie Kemper butBridesmaids is a good chick flick that guys can find watchable and like. The plot may be pointless and washed out the film plays to its strong points. The great dialog and how the main cast plays off each other also all the funny scenarios the women find themselves in. The whole cast was great Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ellie Kemper but id have to say that Melissa McCarthy was absolutely the funniest and it was her breakout role i loved Kristen Wiig she has great comedic talent. The film did have more drama then i was expecting but it played well with the comedy so that was good. The movie was geting a lot of love when it first came out and was clearly a hit because then we got rip off movies about the same thing *cough cough Bachelorette cough*

Overall i give it a 6.5
  18. Nov 30, 2014
    After rewatching 'The Hangover', I heard that this was the quote on quote, female version. whoever told me this was wrong. I don't give a f**k who says its a good movie, but it's perpetual and annoying nauseating and with the exception of a few scenes with Melissa McCarthy, unfunny. I hate Kristen Wiig. She is just the most irritating comedian to watch; no offense to her, but she'sAfter rewatching 'The Hangover', I heard that this was the quote on quote, female version. whoever told me this was wrong. I don't give a f**k who says its a good movie, but it's perpetual and annoying nauseating and with the exception of a few scenes with Melissa McCarthy, unfunny. I hate Kristen Wiig. She is just the most irritating comedian to watch; no offense to her, but she's intolerable to speak to. And I thought watching her in 'Knocked Up' was bad enough. Expand
  19. Sep 25, 2013
    Bridesmaids will get in your head with its raunchy feel and shocking scenes, but its not as appealing as some say. It turns from comedy to drama, and then more comedy. The direction it goes is as predictable as a hyper kid with a sugar rush.

1. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Jun 20, 2011
    Finally, a female ensemble comedy that balances realistic characters with smart laughs and side-splitting farce. Not everything works, but there's more than enough here to keep you chuckling - not to mention baying for a sequel.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 16, 2011
    It's essentially a skit idea, not a dramatic idea, and the best the movie does with it is to repeat it. What saves Bridesmaids is Feig's love of performers - in particular, his love of actresses.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 13, 2011
    So what is Bridesmaids? A boozy wedding comedy? A touching character story? A paean to friendship? At turns, it's each -- making it a wedding movie with a commitment problem and giving Feig's scattered film a rudderless quality between the laugh lines.