7.2

1. Jun 4, 2011
    Not as good as I expected. There were only a couple of funny parts. I felt it was a movie about bad things happening to one person, none of which were that persons fault. This movie isn't for everyone. You have to like a certain kind of comedy to like this movie.
  2. Jun 3, 2011
    Bridesmaids was an absolutely painful movie to watch for more than two hours. Yes, it had it's Judd Apatow moments that make anybody with a sense of humor laugh; on the other hand, there were so many poorly edited scenes that, if watched with a fresh eye, could have made the movie much, much shorter. I'd say any chick with a sense of humor will love this, but don't think it's a movie forBridesmaids was an absolutely painful movie to watch for more than two hours. Yes, it had it's Judd Apatow moments that make anybody with a sense of humor laugh; on the other hand, there were so many poorly edited scenes that, if watched with a fresh eye, could have made the movie much, much shorter. I'd say any chick with a sense of humor will love this, but don't think it's a movie for everyone. Guys: save your money. Expand
  3. May 13, 2011
    This is by far the funniest film of 2011 so far, I'm not sure if it will continue to be with Hangover part 2 coming out and other promising comedies arriving this year, but this was a blast! It is very hard for me to find something I didn't enjoy about this movie. The performances were brilliant and the dialog was clever and witty!
  4. Sep 9, 2011
    I'm perplexed - how can a film that is supposed to be one of the funniest movies of the year, be so bad and unfunny? To say it's in the same league as Hangover is bizarre - absolutely no comparison. What a complete waste of time.
  5. May 14, 2011
    Laughed until I cried, just about the whole way through. Not a chick-flick either. The guy sitting next to me came by himself. I think we both nearly wet ourselves we laughed so hard. Hysterical!!
  6. May 27, 2011
    These women are funny and smart. Bravo to everyone involved, from Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo to Paul Feig and Judd Apatow to the superbly talented cast. Funny is funny.
  7. Sep 12, 2011
    See-it - Kristen Wiig is officially the next big thing in comedy, and proves it in her leading role as a maid of honor in this R-rated, female-driven, Judd Apatow comedy.
  8. Oct 7, 2011
    WOW, I can't believe this movie has high ratings. This is one of the worst movies I have seen lately especially as its labelled comedy but comes nothing close to it. Was this movie even suppose to be funny, I thought I was watching a morning drama?
  9. Sep 8, 2011
    Waste of time. Better off watching Bad Teacher even though that was a disappointment too, or you could watch paint dry, there's always that. My expectations were average didn't expect much, but even then expecting it to be average was too high. Stupid humor. Stupid story. The only thing good about this movie is Ellie Kemper, Melissa McCarthy and Chris O'Dowd. And even then, Melissa'sWaste of time. Better off watching Bad Teacher even though that was a disappointment too, or you could watch paint dry, there's always that. My expectations were average didn't expect much, but even then expecting it to be average was too high. Stupid humor. Stupid story. The only thing good about this movie is Ellie Kemper, Melissa McCarthy and Chris O'Dowd. And even then, Melissa's character is horrible and annoying, she is so much better in Mike & Molly. The only scenes I could actually slightly enjoying and pay attention to without annoyance and disappointment were the scenes with O'Dowd Expand
  10. Sep 23, 2011
    Well ladies welcome to the world of "women can be a much a pig as a man can." It seems the entire point of this film was to illustrate to the world that women can be as digusting as their counterparts are espoused to be. Quite an achievement. I couldn't wait for this piece of garbage to be over. There wasn't a single performance in this piece worth remembering. The script wasn'tWell ladies welcome to the world of "women can be a much a pig as a man can." It seems the entire point of this film was to illustrate to the world that women can be as digusting as their counterparts are espoused to be. Quite an achievement. I couldn't wait for this piece of garbage to be over. There wasn't a single performance in this piece worth remembering. The script wasn't focused. The characters were caricatures. It seems the public will laugh at anything now. I'm surprised one of these broads [cause not a single one of them deserves to be called a "lady" or a "woman"] didn't whip out a used tampon to illustrate a point. Sad and pathetic. Expand
  11. Jun 4, 2011
    Given the huge build up and enthusiastic reviews, this is one of the most disappointing movies I have seen in a long, long time. It swings between the maudlin to the just plain unfunny with an over abundance of potty jokes. Robert Evans has said, "if it is not on the page, it won't be on the screen." There is nothin on the screen. This is a movie of no surprises, no twists ( humorousGiven the huge build up and enthusiastic reviews, this is one of the most disappointing movies I have seen in a long, long time. It swings between the maudlin to the just plain unfunny with an over abundance of potty jokes. Robert Evans has said, "if it is not on the page, it won't be on the screen." There is nothin on the screen. This is a movie of no surprises, no twists ( humorous or otherwise) filled with cliche cardboard characters and a predictable plot line. The acting, save for Ms. Wiik, is first rate as is the photography, editing. Too bad they were trapped in this dross of a production. Expand
  12. May 13, 2011
    Best described as MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING meets THE HANGOVER, BRIDESMAIDS is a fresh take on a stale genre - it's an occasionally sweet, frequently gross, thoroughly engaging, sporadically smart, slightly edgy, repeatedly over-the-top and emotionally straight forward movie that's fun for all age-appropriate groups...including moms (mine gave it an A-). BRIDESMAIDS may have its minorBest described as MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING meets THE HANGOVER, BRIDESMAIDS is a fresh take on a stale genre - it's an occasionally sweet, frequently gross, thoroughly engaging, sporadically smart, slightly edgy, repeatedly over-the-top and emotionally straight forward movie that's fun for all age-appropriate groups...including moms (mine gave it an A-). BRIDESMAIDS may have its minor flaws (heavily edited; over two hours long) but it still delivers the summer-comedy goods! Expand
  13. Sep 25, 2011
    I really looked forward to this movie, as I thought it looked hilarious in the trailers, and I like many of the actresses in it, but it was nothing like what I expected. It had the opportunity to be really funny, but instead went from funny to sad to pathetic. My wife and I ended up turning it off.
  14. Sep 26, 2011
    I surprisingly liked "Bridesmaids". Its more funnier than "The Hangover", and more girlish then "Sex and the City". Possibly one of the best winning comedies of the year.
  15. Sep 24, 2011
    This movie is terrible. The critics thought it was good?! YUCKO- forgive my sophmoric adjective- in line with the movie i would say! The only bright spot was Annie's policeman friend. And Melissa McCarthy is funny and does best she can with semi crappy lines. Don't bother
  16. nbc
    May 14, 2011
    Super Good. Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig were hilarious and spot on. I honestly laughed throughout the entire movie.
  17. May 14, 2011
    This is by far the funniest movie of the year and of the past ten years as well. It is the only comedy I've ever seen that has you screaming with laughter at slapstick antics one minute and crying the next. Kristen Wiig deserves an Oscar and her supporting cast is aces. The movie is an instant classic and a must-see for anybody, Do not listen to negative reviews of this movie. Just goThis is by far the funniest movie of the year and of the past ten years as well. It is the only comedy I've ever seen that has you screaming with laughter at slapstick antics one minute and crying the next. Kristen Wiig deserves an Oscar and her supporting cast is aces. The movie is an instant classic and a must-see for anybody, Do not listen to negative reviews of this movie. Just go and laugh yourself hoarse. Expand
  18. Sep 22, 2011
    What a letdown. I heard so many good things about this movie and couldn't wait for it's release on dvd. My wife and I watched ot last night and both of us came away feeling we had not only wasted $4 but more importantly nearly 2 hours of our lives. You can't get that back. So take my advice and do something more important for 2 hours. Scrub your bathroom, mow the lawn, clean out theWhat a letdown. I heard so many good things about this movie and couldn't wait for it's release on dvd. My wife and I watched ot last night and both of us came away feeling we had not only wasted $4 but more importantly nearly 2 hours of our lives. You can't get that back. So take my advice and do something more important for 2 hours. Scrub your bathroom, mow the lawn, clean out the garage, take the dog on a walk, take a nap, have your teeth cleaned at the dentist, go see some other movie. Doing just about anything for 2 hours instead of watching this garbage will leave you feeling much better about yourself. Expand
  19. Jul 10, 2011
    Had something going for it and i laughed at loud at a couple of scenes but it loses its way and becomes intensely boring with a school girl ending where everyone ends up friends. I got so bored i left about 10 minutes before the end....Nothing more to say.
  20. Jul 14, 2011
    Every scene too long, no character particularly sympathetic (certainly not the lead), very little to laugh at, and a thin, well, actually, no plot: I don't know how this film has garnered so much praise.
  21. Sep 2, 2012
    This was terrible. I might have given it a marginally higher score but I couldn't finish it; therefore, it receives a 0. The vomit and diarrhea scene was so shockingly not funny that nothing else would redeem this cinematic catastrophe. I'm shocked this movie was reviewed as well as it was. I've heard from many friends who said it was funny. However, I find it rather telling that theThis was terrible. I might have given it a marginally higher score but I couldn't finish it; therefore, it receives a 0. The vomit and diarrhea scene was so shockingly not funny that nothing else would redeem this cinematic catastrophe. I'm shocked this movie was reviewed as well as it was. I've heard from many friends who said it was funny. However, I find it rather telling that the friend who insisted I watch it with her was far less amused the second time she watched it. Then again, perhaps it was the look of repulsed horror on my face that changed her mind. I watched the movie up to the point where the vile females vomit on each other, another purges her bowels in the sink, and the bride-to-be squats in the street to release her bowels while wearing a wedding dress. The only memorable parts of this travesty that I'm unable to forget are colored with vulgarity and long embarrassing jokes that are simply uncomfortable to watch.
    This film does do an excellent job of painting women as spiteful, petty, helpless, vulgar, and foul. Perhaps somebody finds that funny but I'm simply appalled. To add insult to injury, I'm quite confident I can predict the ending so I'm glad I don't need to watch the rest of it.
  22. May 22, 2011
    The fact that the general public loved this movie is awfully depressing, but not at all surprising. (Judd Apatow has, after all, become, the cultural barometer of our time.) The fact that several leading citiics found bathroom humor, upchucking, raunchy sexual scenes, temper tantrums, and other bad outtakes from (the past decade of) Saturday Night Live to be funny, insightful, orThe fact that the general public loved this movie is awfully depressing, but not at all surprising. (Judd Apatow has, after all, become, the cultural barometer of our time.) The fact that several leading citiics found bathroom humor, upchucking, raunchy sexual scenes, temper tantrums, and other bad outtakes from (the past decade of) Saturday Night Live to be funny, insightful, or otherwise groundbreaking, simply because it was about women (and because the upchucking was just "implied"), may be an indication that the end of the world (or at least the end of the civilized world) is coming (despite the failed prediction of Harold Camping). Is Hollywood's view of women so negative that a scene of an overweight woman taking a **** on a sink and other women puking on each other is considered progress? The only funny sequence in the movie was that of Kristen Wiig (who can, upon occasion, be funny) trying to get Chris O'Dowd to arrest her because of the various ways in which she's breaking the law with her driving, and the only slightly touching feature was the relationship between Wiig and O'Dowd. Most of the rest of the movie, as others have suggested, was mostly a mixture of torture and mind-numbing cliches than anything else. (Then there was the mother who brought her young child to the showing that I attended...) Expand
  23. May 18, 2011
    Oh my .. i totally agree with tdi7457. I couldn't wait for the movie to end. I only found very few scenes funny. It was an ordeal sitting through it. I kept waiting for it to get better and it just never did. The sister of the groom was the only highlight .... it was a waste of my time. I would rather have had dental work ...
  24. May 30, 2011
    Whether you're going for thoughtful comedy or all-out comedy, you gotta keep the laughs comin' man. I walked in thinking that a Kristen Wiig penned script would deliver, but really it just slugged along. I wanted the laughs to come out quick and relentless like diarrhea (see BRIDESMAIDS), but it just came out slow, awkward and not enough (see, um BRIDESMAIDS). It's a dramedy - You reallyWhether you're going for thoughtful comedy or all-out comedy, you gotta keep the laughs comin' man. I walked in thinking that a Kristen Wiig penned script would deliver, but really it just slugged along. I wanted the laughs to come out quick and relentless like diarrhea (see BRIDESMAIDS), but it just came out slow, awkward and not enough (see, um BRIDESMAIDS). It's a dramedy - You really gotta know your **** to pull off one of those turds. Expand
  25. Aug 8, 2011
    I even found the movie funny in some scenes, like the one of the dressing-room, which was hilarious. But I still donâ
  26. Jul 27, 2011
    Now I did enjoy this as I was dragged to the cinema with girlfriend but only compared to other films like this. Very unimagintive story wise in my eyes as it was so predictable. The larger of the bridesmaids was funny but the lead charecter the bride and the annoying I'm perfect girl was just too much and teh cop was just rubbish. Funny in parts but in general poor.
  27. Jun 5, 2011
    Not worth the money. Bathroom humor is not a girl thing in my opinion. The beginning was lame, the ending sweet, and everything in the middle pointless. If you want to see it, wait for the video. Maya Rudolph was the only real actress here (and Jill Clayburgh) but it wasn't enough. I do have a question, why wasn't Jon Hamm in the credits?
  28. Sep 29, 2011
    This IS the most disappointing movie I have seen this year. I saw the
    high ratings on IMDb, and even great ratings on otherwise unforgiving
    meta-critics so i gave it a shot. What a mistake. Movie is mildly saying...catastrophic. The humor, the plot, the lines...its like its been made by 10 year old girl. I really cant believe that people found this movie hilarious or funny. It starts a bit
    This IS the most disappointing movie I have seen this year. I saw the
    high ratings on IMDb, and even great ratings on otherwise unforgiving
    meta-critics so i gave it a shot. What a mistake. Movie is mildly
    saying...catastrophic. The humor, the plot, the lines...its like its
    been made by 10 year old girl. I really cant believe that people found
    this movie hilarious or funny. It starts a bit promising but i was
    preparing myself for awesomeness that has been promised from various
    reviews, and i waited and waited....but nothing happened. The acting
    itself is not that bad, but the plot, cliché dialogs, and dullness was
    killing my brain cells. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

p.s. So disappointed with metacritic reviewers and critics :(
  29. Oct 9, 2011
    Such a disappointment! The sisters were supposed to give us something hilarious to admire. A string of lame SNL skits with uninspired writing masked with sight gags. I suppose "awkward" is the new funny.
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    This movie is crap, figuratively and literally. It's a sad example of how low people's idea of humour has plummeted. And a quite shocking display of bad taste by the metacritics.

1. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Jun 20, 2011
    Finally, a female ensemble comedy that balances realistic characters with smart laughs and side-splitting farce. Not everything works, but there's more than enough here to keep you chuckling - not to mention baying for a sequel.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 16, 2011
    It's essentially a skit idea, not a dramatic idea, and the best the movie does with it is to repeat it. What saves Bridesmaids is Feig's love of performers - in particular, his love of actresses.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 13, 2011
    So what is Bridesmaids? A boozy wedding comedy? A touching character story? A paean to friendship? At turns, it's each -- making it a wedding movie with a commitment problem and giving Feig's scattered film a rudderless quality between the laugh lines.