7.2

1. Sep 12, 2014
    people say that any movie is the best of the year well bridesmaids is the best comedy of the year 2011. Kristen Wiig co wrote the script to bridesmaid let me just say that thanks to Wiig and Annie Mumolo , Judd Apatow and Paul Peig ,Bridesmaids is Outrageous , funny , awesome , kick ass , amazing comedy adventure story also Bridesmaids got nominated for Oscars Thanks Judd Apatow , Wiig , Feig , Mumolo for giving us bridesmaids a film we will never forget. there is the bad news i think that Paul feig wanted it to be a Judd Apatow comedy not a Feig comedy ( That what a film needs a directors vision) thats dumb. But It did make critics enjoy the movie more !. Judd Apatow is amazing comedy director , producer, writer when it comes to (Knocked Up , funny people , this is 40 ) i did like his movies but he is cocky sometimes even though if produces a comedy people think he's the one who created it and not taking the real director credit . This is an amazing movie thanks to Apatow his next producing film is the five year Engagement. Grade A+ Expand
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    I'm not sure that Bridesmaids was meant to become a great American comedy, but it has gone on to greater lengths and is sure to become classic. This group of women are able to grab hold of you immediately and entertain you to no end. Kristen Wiig proves to be not only a hysterical on-screen comedienne but also a gifted comedic writer.
  3. Jul 2, 2014
    Any film in which the crowning moment is a fat woman having diarrhoea in a kitchen sink is a movie not worth watching. Which is too bad, because Rudolph and Wiig are two very funny comedic actresses, and it's such a waste to see them fooling around this juvenile nonsense.
  4. May 25, 2014
    Bridesmaids is a good chick flick that guys can find watchable and like. The plot may be pointless and washed out the film plays to its strong points. The great dialog and how the main cast plays off each other also all the funny scenarios the women find themselves in. The whole cast was great Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Ellie Kemper but id have to say that Melissa McCarthy was absolutely the funniest and it was her breakout role i loved Kristen Wiig she has great comedic talent. The film did have more drama then i was expecting but it played well with the comedy so that was good. The movie was geting a lot of love when it first came out and was clearly a hit because then we got rip off movies about the same thing *cough cough Bachelorette cough*

Overall i give it a 6.5
  5. Mar 2, 2014
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss werk it **** **** **** **** I **** love this ****in' movie. It was so **** **** funny. **** ain't **** ****
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    Bridesmaids has all the right comedians, playing various different parts. Bridesmaids is a luscious, fresh and endlessly entertaining film. Bridesmaids is simply gut-bustingly hilarious.
  7. Jan 30, 2014
    How on earth did this movie earn itself a BAFTA, an Oscar and a WGA nomination for best original screenplay!? "Bridesmaids" is a lot of things but definitely not original. Or do all those other 2000 romantic comedies with the same plot exist only in my mind? I don't think so. "Bridesmaids" is a failure, a cliche movie for women, just like all those Chuck Norris movies are cliche movies for men.
  8. Jan 22, 2014
    The stupidest movie ever! I watched it because of Melissa McCartney but even she looks horrible and her character is flat and stupid nobody, NOT a role for this talented actress! You can guess the end of the storey from the beginning. The dialogues are soooo primitive. Not funny at all! What a shame!
  9. Nov 30, 2013
    its way too long and predictable.Here and there some good jokes but its not enough for justify the garbage they feed at .Bunch of clumsy women trying so hard to make jokes but in the end i felt pity for writers and the actresses
  10. Sep 25, 2013
    Bridesmaids will get in your head with its raunchy feel and shocking scenes, but its not as appealing as some say. It turns from comedy to drama, and then more comedy. The direction it goes is as predictable as a hyper kid with a sugar rush.
  11. Aug 18, 2013
    As producer Judd Apatow has said, Bridesmaids doesn't really break any new ground, a popular and crowd-pleasing genre in the form of weddings, but the difference here is the believability of it all, the crudeness, ridiculousness and competition, how one girl getting married affects her best friend, who struggles with what she perceives to be a mediocre life compared to her lucky friend. Kristen Wiig writes and stars in this witty comedy as Annie, a former bakery owner who soldiers on in a jewellery store she doesn't enjoy and an apartment she shares with two eccentric individuals.
    Her friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph) is the lucky bride to be, the two have known each other for a very long time, but weighing in on the friendship is the rich and beautiful Helen (Rose Byrne), who attempts to take control of proceedings away from Annie, besting her at every turn with her fortune and looks, while Annie struggles with her own life financially as the bridesmaids begin to suit up for the wedding. We are also introduced to a kind-hearted policeman called Rhodes (Chris O'Dowd) who remembers Annie from the bakery she use to own, and he begins attempting to turn her back to baking again.
    But one cannot write a Bridesmaids review without mentioning Melissa McCarthy, who undoubtedly delivers some of the crudest but funniest parts of the film, her confidence, unwomanly attitude yet surprising occupation complete a very interesting and comical character. She isn't put into the stereotypical "large woman" woman role where the rest of the cast pokes fun, but her personal quips about herself will have you laughing and repeating them after the film ends. Several moments throughout the film stand out, but a particular dress fitting that ends rather differently than usual is one of the shining moments of the film, but what we also get is memorable characters, ones who may not appear onscreen as much as others but still have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, a character-driven comedy is hard to see in the current age of slapstick and sight gags, but we see relationships break and remake throughout the film. It has a fun time but also gives us a message of sticking to it no matter what might happen.
    There is plenty to like about Bridesmaids, it has a witty and realistic setting of a script and gives the women a chance to have their own party, and what a party it turns out to be.
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    (skip to the last paragraph for a concise one-sentence summary and a number)
    I usually don’t like critiquing comedies, because the trend for them has been to forsake story and character development for snappy one-liners and cheap gags. Bridesmaids is the odd one out. Not only is it a female-centered comedy, it is an AMAZING female-centered comedy, and definitely the best comedy of 2011.
    Director Paul Feig gives the film unprecedented heart, and Kristen Wiig plays the role of a downward spiraling, paranoid maid of honor perfectly.
    Just because it is a female comedy doesn’t mean Bridesmaids can’t be raunchy and explicit. And Feig makes this very clear. From Melissa McCarthy’s painful outbursts of explosive diarrhea to Wiig’s psychotic breakdown at the bachelorette party, Feig proves that women can be just as vulgar as men in comedy. Basically, think of Bridesmaids as the female counterpart of The Hangover.
    Wiig’s character is also one of the best female characters of the year. From the airplane scene, to the fitting scene, to the bachelorette party, down to her personal life, Wiig plays a well rounded, three-dimensional character whose perspective allows the comedy to reach its full potential.
    In conclusion, this is what I have to say: Bridesmaids approaches the genre of raunchy physical comedy the way its ladies should approach anything; intelligently, meaningfully, and full of hilarious surprises.

FINAL SCORE: 80 (excitingly great)
  13. Apr 13, 2013
    I was expecting a mushy rom-com but this film wasn't like that at all. Wasn't massively funny, and the humour was something you'd expect from a film aimed at a male audience; ie. throwing up and cringe-worthy speeches, etc. I also found the main character quite unlikeable. I didn't have any sympathy for her as all the bad things happening to her were mostly her fault. The cop was the only character I felt myself warming to. A bit "meh" Expand
  14. Mar 25, 2013
    Best comedy I've seen in a long time. Great story, funny scenes, and characters I actually cared about. I love how this movie went the route of having a flawed main character who grows to be a better person. I'd recommend this for anyone.
  15. Feb 23, 2013
    Ever since this movie came out, I've heard great things about it, still, I was hesitant to see it. I mean bridesmaids, a wedding, I just wasn't sure. It was however produced by Judd Apatow, and that alone made me give it a chance. Basically, Bridesmaids is a girls version of The Hangover meets Knocked Up, with an almost trip to Vegas and without the hangover. Kristen Wiig is the writer and star of this film and she was great! I'd never even heard of her before this film came out, but after seeing it, I want a lot more. It seems pretty hard for a woman to make it in comedy, it's a fairly rare event, but she's got a tremendous future ahead of her. As for the story it's pretty solid, it's a comedy, so you're not really looking for realism, just something cohesive that you can follow and this definitely fits the bill. If you're looking for something funny, but different, I'd highly recommend this film. Expand
  16. Feb 18, 2013
    Before seeing Bridesmaids, I genuinely thought it was just a female Hangover rip-off. Maybe that was the marketing or maybe I was being lazy. Having seen the film, the truth lies somewhere between the two. Yes, its about chaotic pre-wedding festivities, the gang intend to go to Vegas and yes, there are some moments of hilarious toilet humour, but that's about it. Melissa McCarthy steals most scenes she is in with her brazen vulgarity, a supporting role for which she was Oscar nominated. Prior to his appearance in Lena Durham's Girls (also produced by Apatow), Chris O'Dowd appears as a traffic officer and Matt Lucas has a cameo as Annie's landlord. After reading that Rose Byrne and Wiig ad-libbed most of the speech scene, Byrne's stock has increased in my eyes, as I would never have thought her capable of a comedy role. What sets Bridesmaids apart is that as well being hilarious, it's script has heart, and genuine heart, not the over the top contrived heart usually found at the end of most comedies. Over everything else, Bridesmaids is a showcase for Kristen Wiig's sharp co-written script and funny portrayal as the flawed and troubled maid of honour. Her inclusion in the upcoming Anchorman sequel is surely down to the success of Bridesmaids.

I would even go as far as that the girls have outdone the boys and produced a comedy better than its closest sibling, The Hangover.
  17. Feb 14, 2013
    Hilarious! The humour in this film is so varied, it varies from subtle dry humour to crudeness. Admittedly some of it is cringey but this is overlooked by the pure wit and amazing comedy acting from some of the funniest comedy actresses you will see. Definitely a girls film but enjoyable for guys as well, every girl will understand and relate to this film! A must see for a feel good movie!
  18. Jan 19, 2013
    This is one very funny movie thanks to a great mostly female cast. Kristin Wiig leads and, as always, she is just hilarious and carries the film on her shoulders. Props must be given, however, to Melissa McCarthy who easily provides a large amount of the laughs despite only having a supporting role. It's also a great concept of probably a tale that is all too common when it comes to bridesmaids. Overall a very funny film that has been compared to 'The Hangover', but with girls ;) Expand
  19. Jan 18, 2013
    Clever, funny, and well acted. The ladies of this movie have a knack for comedic timing and deliver great performances. It is a sincere outrageous movie that never feels dull.
  20. Dec 21, 2012
    I can't believe this movie. It does have laugh out loud moments. Overall, at the end of it, I felt cheated. It's a mediocre movie that can't be too horrible, but my God, it's seriously one of the films that will be quoted by teenage girls for years. I am 16 years old, and although I do have to say, I enjoyed a couple of scenes, in the end it felt like the whole movie was unecessary.
  21. Dec 9, 2012
    It would be foolhardy to dismiss this film as just a chick flick, especially if you've got a dark sense of humor. The story is touching but never sentimental, the characters are all hilarious and it grips you from start to finish. It somehow manages to nail that balance between being a film that doesn't stake itself seriously but somehow makes you feel a genuine connection to the characters and to the subject matter. A feel good film that's completely honest and non precious. It's brilliant to see realistic, diverse female characters in a film behaving like most females do and not like your usual superficial Hollywood mannequins. A perfect film in every way and easily one of the funniest ever made. Don't watch it with your mum or your nan though Expand
  22. Dec 7, 2012
    Seriously a great film, and sure to be a classic in time! Smart, quirky, memorable, and hilarious! Kristen Wiig is great, as is the entire cast, but Melissa McCarthy gives a star-making performance.
  23. Nov 7, 2012
    It goes a little overboard on a few occasions, particularly the extended dress shop barfing scene, but hey, it's got soul, and Melissa McCarthy is fantastic.
  24. Sep 2, 2012
    This was terrible. I might have given it a marginally higher score but I couldn't finish it; therefore, it receives a 0. The vomit and diarrhea scene was so shockingly not funny that nothing else would redeem this cinematic catastrophe. I'm shocked this movie was reviewed as well as it was. I've heard from many friends who said it was funny. However, I find it rather telling that the friend who insisted I watch it with her was far less amused the second time she watched it. Then again, perhaps it was the look of repulsed horror on my face that changed her mind. I watched the movie up to the point where the vile females vomit on each other, another purges her bowels in the sink, and the bride-to-be squats in the street to release her bowels while wearing a wedding dress. The only memorable parts of this travesty that I'm unable to forget are colored with vulgarity and long embarrassing jokes that are simply uncomfortable to watch.
    This film does do an excellent job of painting women as spiteful, petty, helpless, vulgar, and foul. Perhaps somebody finds that funny but I'm simply appalled. To add insult to injury, I'm quite confident I can predict the ending so I'm glad I don't need to watch the rest of it.
  25. Aug 20, 2012
    Comedy is so hard to pull off...and this one plays so many notes so well; maybe it hits my feminine taste, but I just found it fun, charming and pretty close to real. That's what it was ...so close to real, but with one fine and witty twist after another. Well done!
  26. Aug 10, 2012
    Kristen Wiig delivers a break-out performance from a raunchy, hilarious script she co-wrote. The film is nothing short of genius, with hilarious turns by all of the supporting players (especially Melissa McCarthy) as it wasn't at all a shock to see this film receive awards season attention a year ago.
  27. Jul 21, 2012
    Bridesmaids is cringe-worthy funny but it is nowhere near the levels of comedic worth that I have come to expect of Apatow-produced films. Melissa McCarthy is very funny, as is Jon Hamm's small role but all in all it is not enough to rate this film extremely highly. Still, it is definitely worth a view or two and will liven up a quiet night in for sure.
  28. Jun 25, 2012
    All I have heard is about how this movie is hilarious and better than most of the comedies that have been released in the last 5 years. So I finally watch it today and I have to say I was fooled. If the people who made the movie were going for a drama with a splash of comedy they succeeded but all guides say it's a comedy. If I would have missed all of the hype and just watched it as a regular movie I probably would've enjoyed it more but I was disappointed over all. Expand
  29. Jun 6, 2012
    A Really Good Funny Ass Movie!
  30. May 12, 2012
    I am amazed by the reception of this film and saddened by the comparisons to "The Hangover", an actually funny movie, with a plot and a great script. This has neither. It is just terrible. The fact that it got an Oscar nomination is just an indication of how low public taste has sunk. It is as though Aptow took "My best friend's wedding" dumbed it down and had a mentally challenged High Schooler write the script. I am writing this in reaction to the reviews I saw here. However, I wrote a small review when I first saw it expressing my immediate reaction: Wow..I don't know what to say, that may have been one of the worst movies ever; not funny, not charming, not good. While it is true that I like bad movies, this is just bad/bad. A great bad movie is bad/funny or bad/cheesy or bad/stupid; this wasn't any of those things, it was just dull. Dull, dull, dull. The story - lame, the acting - flat, the dialog - unsparkling, the jokes - unfunny. This movie had some pretty solid performers, but it sucked any remnant of talent from all of them. Even the title is misleading, this was not an ensemble piece, it was all about one character played by Kristen Wiig who also wrote the movie. From this outing my perception is that she sucks. The dialog lacked wit, and the performance lacked charm. You don't care about her sad life or her stupid behavior; you just wish it would end, sooner rather than later. Two hours of my life I can never get back. For Review of better movies go to: http://badmovielover.blogspot.com Expand

1. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Jun 20, 2011
    Finally, a female ensemble comedy that balances realistic characters with smart laughs and side-splitting farce. Not everything works, but there's more than enough here to keep you chuckling - not to mention baying for a sequel.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 16, 2011
    It's essentially a skit idea, not a dramatic idea, and the best the movie does with it is to repeat it. What saves Bridesmaids is Feig's love of performers - in particular, his love of actresses.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 13, 2011
    So what is Bridesmaids? A boozy wedding comedy? A touching character story? A paean to friendship? At turns, it's each -- making it a wedding movie with a commitment problem and giving Feig's scattered film a rudderless quality between the laugh lines.