7.2

1. Mar 2, 2014
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssss werk it **** **** **** **** I **** love this ****in' movie. It was so **** **** funny. **** ain't **** ****
  2. Feb 22, 2014
    Bridesmaids has all the right comedians, playing various different parts. Bridesmaids is a luscious, fresh and endlessly entertaining film. Bridesmaids is simply gut-bustingly hilarious.
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    As producer Judd Apatow has said, Bridesmaids doesn't really break any new ground, a popular and crowd-pleasing genre in the form of weddings, but the difference here is the believability of it all, the crudeness, ridiculousness and competition, how one girl getting married affects her best friend, who struggles with what she perceives to be a mediocre life compared to her lucky friend. Kristen Wiig writes and stars in this witty comedy as Annie, a former bakery owner who soldiers on in a jewellery store she doesn't enjoy and an apartment she shares with two eccentric individuals.
    Her friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph) is the lucky bride to be, the two have known each other for a very long time, but weighing in on the friendship is the rich and beautiful Helen (Rose Byrne), who attempts to take control of proceedings away from Annie, besting her at every turn with her fortune and looks, while Annie struggles with her own life financially as the bridesmaids begin to suit up for the wedding. We are also introduced to a kind-hearted policeman called Rhodes (Chris O'Dowd) who remembers Annie from the bakery she use to own, and he begins attempting to turn her back to baking again.
    But one cannot write a Bridesmaids review without mentioning Melissa McCarthy, who undoubtedly delivers some of the crudest but funniest parts of the film, her confidence, unwomanly attitude yet surprising occupation complete a very interesting and comical character. She isn't put into the stereotypical "large woman" woman role where the rest of the cast pokes fun, but her personal quips about herself will have you laughing and repeating them after the film ends. Several moments throughout the film stand out, but a particular dress fitting that ends rather differently than usual is one of the shining moments of the film, but what we also get is memorable characters, ones who may not appear onscreen as much as others but still have plenty of tricks up their sleeves, a character-driven comedy is hard to see in the current age of slapstick and sight gags, but we see relationships break and remake throughout the film. It has a fun time but also gives us a message of sticking to it no matter what might happen.
    There is plenty to like about Bridesmaids, it has a witty and realistic setting of a script and gives the women a chance to have their own party, and what a party it turns out to be.
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    Best comedy I've seen in a long time. Great story, funny scenes, and characters I actually cared about. I love how this movie went the route of having a flawed main character who grows to be a better person. I'd recommend this for anyone.
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    Hilarious! The humour in this film is so varied, it varies from subtle dry humour to crudeness. Admittedly some of it is cringey but this is overlooked by the pure wit and amazing comedy acting from some of the funniest comedy actresses you will see. Definitely a girls film but enjoyable for guys as well, every girl will understand and relate to this film! A must see for a feel good movie!
  6. Dec 9, 2012
    It would be foolhardy to dismiss this film as just a chick flick, especially if you've got a dark sense of humor. The story is touching but never sentimental, the characters are all hilarious and it grips you from start to finish. It somehow manages to nail that balance between being a film that doesn't stake itself seriously but somehow makes you feel a genuine connection to the characters and to the subject matter. A feel good film that's completely honest and non precious. It's brilliant to see realistic, diverse female characters in a film behaving like most females do and not like your usual superficial Hollywood mannequins. A perfect film in every way and easily one of the funniest ever made. Don't watch it with your mum or your nan though Expand
  7. Aug 20, 2012
    Comedy is so hard to pull off...and this one plays so many notes so well; maybe it hits my feminine taste, but I just found it fun, charming and pretty close to real. That's what it was ...so close to real, but with one fine and witty twist after another. Well done!
  8. Jun 6, 2012
    A Really Good Funny Ass Movie!
  9. May 12, 2012
    I am amazed by the reception of this film and saddened by the comparisons to "The Hangover", an actually funny movie, with a plot and a great script. This has neither. It is just terrible. The fact that it got an Oscar nomination is just an indication of how low public taste has sunk. It is as though Aptow took "My best friend's wedding" dumbed it down and had a mentally challenged High Schooler write the script. I am writing this in reaction to the reviews I saw here. However, I wrote a small review when I first saw it expressing my immediate reaction: Wow..I don't know what to say, that may have been one of the worst movies ever; not funny, not charming, not good. While it is true that I like bad movies, this is just bad/bad. A great bad movie is bad/funny or bad/cheesy or bad/stupid; this wasn't any of those things, it was just dull. Dull, dull, dull. The story - lame, the acting - flat, the dialog - unsparkling, the jokes - unfunny. This movie had some pretty solid performers, but it sucked any remnant of talent from all of them. Even the title is misleading, this was not an ensemble piece, it was all about one character played by Kristen Wiig who also wrote the movie. From this outing my perception is that she sucks. The dialog lacked wit, and the performance lacked charm. You don't care about her sad life or her stupid behavior; you just wish it would end, sooner rather than later. Two hours of my life I can never get back. For Review of better movies go to: http://badmovielover.blogspot.com Expand
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    One of the best movies ever, is really funny, yes more tha the boring Paul, Bridesmaids is a new classic of the comedy, with funny situations, great performance. Bridesmaids rocks.
  11. Jan 13, 2012
    The Best R-Rated female comedy film that I;ve watched...It is so funny and real. The main cast deliver the character with effortless. The movie is so funny,sweet,emotional and smart that all ages will be like it and especially the male viewers will also love it.
  12. Dec 28, 2011
    Bridesmaids seems to have been dubbed "The Hangover for girls" by just about everyone. It really isn't. The Hangover can only dream of being this funny, well-written and honest. The film gets the balance of comedy just right - the jokes are dirty but never tasteless, it's sweary but rarely excessive, and you can never go wrong with a good old-fashioned bit of slapstick. The overall quality of Bridesmaids can be almost entirely credited to Kristen Wiig. As well as playing the lead, Annie (a well-developed and rounded character, and a compellingly relatable protagonist), she co-wrote the film, and was one of the main driving forces behind its development. Wiig proves she is a great comic and dramatic talent, and the rest of the cast all add something to the film - Rose Byrne's Helen is the perfect rich **** Chris O'Dowd's good-natured and by-the book Officer Rhodes makes a great love interest for Annie, and Melissa McCarthy provides a good proportion of the chuckles as the borderline-psychotic, sex-crazed sister of the groom, Megan. The laughs are plentiful throughout, but the best scenes by far are those where Annie and Helen try and compete for the Bride's (Maya Rudolph) affections (though the scene where the bridesmaids get food poisoning while trying on dresses and where Annie exchanges progressively more brutal insults with a pre-teen girl aren't far behind). Bridesmaids isn't just worth a watch because of the novelty of an almost entirely female-driven comedy film. It's a great film, end-of. It's got some brilliant performances, drama and truckloads of great gags. It's the funniest film of the year by a long way, and if we see more like this in the near future, then I'll be very happy, and crying with laughter for a good while. Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2011
    Funny, sweet and relate-able. Bridesmaids is the type of "good" comedy that rarely comes around every so often. It also sports a kick-ass performance by not only the whole cast but Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy in particular. 4/4 stars
  14. Nov 3, 2011
    It's funny. It really is. There are a few slow points in the movie, but nothing that should keep it from getting below a "C". Annie is the main star, played by Kristen Wiig. The best scenes are worth the wait. The dress fitting, the luncheon, and the airplane scene are well worth the wait. It's a cute movie, with lots of laughs and has heart when she finally finds a guy who is nice to her. It is the guy version of the Hangover, but don't expect ridiculous proportions. Cute movie, and perfect for a Girl's night in. I'm 15, and I found this to be so funny. Don't pay attention to the "R" sign, at this age, we see sex all the time. Sometimes they say **** a lot but it's for comedic effect. Expand
  15. Oct 13, 2011
    Nailed it! This film is incredibly funny. The cast is as strong as ever, perhaps more stronger than The Hangover cast? Though the comparison is unfair, one cannot help but consider this film a companion piece to The Hangover. Melissa McCarthy's character steals the show, much like Galifianakis did with his role. Wiig is superb and she cracked me up in nearly every scene. She is the awkward character that most of us can relate to here, and she displays this role with such hilarious realism. However, though I have enjoyed Rudolph's work in the past with SNL, she just seems so fake and unrealistic in her film roles. Regardless, her performance does little damage to the overall film, which is a non-stop comedic masterpiece. Expand
  16. Sep 16, 2011
    Funniest comedy of 2011, hands down! Great direction, writing, and a stellar cast that had me on the floor ROLLING! Brought to us by comedic geniuses Judd Apatow and Paul Feig, wouldn't expect anything less.
  17. Sep 12, 2011
    See-it - Kristen Wiig is officially the next big thing in comedy, and proves it in her leading role as a maid of honor in this R-rated, female-driven, Judd Apatow comedy.
  18. Sep 5, 2011
    Definitely a hilarious movie. Haven't laughed out loud that much for years. I've heard much of Kristen Wiig, but haven't watched SNL for years, so I didn't know how great she was. If only more romantic comedies were like this, and not insipid, the world would be a better place.
  19. Aug 9, 2011
    This is easily the best comedy I've seen in ages. It's living proof you still can be genious grabbing some ordinary jokes and thoughts if gotten together with genuinely hilarious dialogues, while endowing an emotional core. I haven't been more that 3 min without laughing or grinning while seeing this. And I've always flinched before going to the cinema to see comedy films.
  20. Aug 8, 2011
    Loved it. Went with a group of 4 and we were all crying we were laughing so hard. The friendship between Wiig and Rudolph feels real, so unlike a lot of other similar comedies, in this one it feels like there's something actually at stake. It's gross and painful and silly and definitely won't be for everyone. But OMG... if this is for you, it is so so much fun!
  21. Jul 30, 2011
    I bought my ticket for "Bridesmaids" with one goal in mind - to laugh. I did. Out loud. Several times. So, mission accomplished. Then I noticed a generous helping of gravy. This movie was successful on several levels, but the one which provided me with the most pleasant surprise was the true-to-life characters and spot-on casting. The characters in "Bridesmaids" started off as, well, just that...characters. By the end of the movie, those same characters became real and more three dimensional. If Kristin Wiig was not spot-on perfect for the lead, Melissa McCarthey would have stole the show. Maya Rudolph was great as the bride - a good performance which supported the others in a subdued, bride-to-be way that let Wiig and McCarthey strut their stuff. 2011's not-so-chicky-chick-flick! Expand
  22. Jul 18, 2011
    Parts of this were hilarious. Especially the bit in the bridal shop and the airplane. But the rest of the movie seemed to be pretty weak, and the relationship between Wiig and the cop just seemed lame and contrived.
  23. Jul 17, 2011
    The movie is a laugh riot from start to finish, and all I can say is go see it, it is absolutely wonderful.

full review here:
  24. Jul 9, 2011
    Here you have a breath of fresh air with comedy's in this generation. This film is non-stop funny.

Kristin Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are some noticeable stand-outs in this movie, however one thing that makes this movie so great is the strong ensemble talent. There are no weak leaks in this film! Every character has at least one or two memorable quotes, that you'll be repeating before
    you even leave the theater.

It's one thing for a comedy to make you laugh, but a comedy that really has you rooting for the characters is something special. You feel connected to Wiig's lead character, and truly feel sorry for her when things are down in the dumps. This is quality script writing.

There seems to be a fear that keeps some guys away from this movie, calling it a "chick-flick." Believe me, this movie is far from a chick-flick. There is something for anyone that simply wants to have an enjoyable time at the theater. You will laugh. That is for sure.

It's amazing to me that this film came out in the US in May, and is STILL going strong in theaters. That right there should be enough of a sign to go see this movie. I've seen it 4 times, and I can't wait to see it again.

25. Jul 8, 2011
    This was one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen. The funniest movie of 2011. It had me laughing from beginning to end. It seems like your typical comedy chick flick but it had me laughing harder then I've probably ever laughed. I can't seem to find any thing about this movies that I did not like. It is a must see.
  26. Jul 4, 2011
    This movie is amazing. Although, I feel like the title is a bit of a misnomer and the movie is misadvertised, because I thought it was going to be about a group of bridesmaids going to a bachelorette party (more like the Hangover), but it's really just the story of Kristen Wiig's character, who happens to be the maid of honor. It's actually nothing like the Hangover at all, there's not even a bachelorette party in the movie. But, that's really what made the movie great, and unique. It's a bit ridiculous at times, and Kristen Wiig never strays far from her characters on SNL, but it's still really funny and greatly entertaining. I do have to say that if you do not like Kristen Wiig on SNL, you may not like this movie. There are so many funny parts that I can't remember them all, which makes me want to see the movie again. I will most likely buy this movie on DVD when it comes out. Expand
  27. Jun 26, 2011
    There seems to be a growing trend of great comedic scripts written by the great comedic actors who understand the language better than anyone. We've seen this in many Judd Apatow productions and so far, I believe, it's passed with flying colors. Bridesmaids is easily the funniest film of 2011 and I have a hard time believing anything else will come along to take that glory from it.

1. Reviewed by: Anna Smith
    Jun 20, 2011
    Finally, a female ensemble comedy that balances realistic characters with smart laughs and side-splitting farce. Not everything works, but there's more than enough here to keep you chuckling - not to mention baying for a sequel.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 16, 2011
    It's essentially a skit idea, not a dramatic idea, and the best the movie does with it is to repeat it. What saves Bridesmaids is Feig's love of performers - in particular, his love of actresses.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 13, 2011
    So what is Bridesmaids? A boozy wedding comedy? A touching character story? A paean to friendship? At turns, it's each -- making it a wedding movie with a commitment problem and giving Feig's scattered film a rudderless quality between the laugh lines.