7.3

1. Sep 29, 2011
    "Bridge to Terabithia" is a preposterous movie. The book was absolutely sad, but the movie interprets the amazing story into a fluid one with eye candy visuals.
  2. Dec 29, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was advertised as a kind-of Narnia/Spiderwick chronicles-esque movie, with wonderful creatures, another world living within a forest, about two friends and their wonderful friendship in a (supposedly)uplifting tale Let me get this out of the way, I absolutely hate it when i'm misled by trailers, tv spots, advertisements and etcetera. I sit down to watch this on Disney Channel, expecting what i've described in the first paragraph, and what do I get? The magical world and its creatures are imaginary The depressing angst of Jess with bullies and his dad Leslie drowns The lighter parts with Jess and Leslie happily playing in Terabithia and their great friendship are a saving grace for this movie, but ultimately, the death of Leslie and all of the films depressingness just don't fit right with me Expand
  3. May 26, 2012
    It was a good movie that has great acting and an amazing plot, but that changed in the ending. The ending is so horrible that it dramatically changed my score for this movie (from 8 to 4). Because of its surprisingly bad ending, this, for me, is one of the most disappointing films ever.........
  4. Feb 5, 2012
    I found the the movie cheesy yet heart-warming at the same time, waste of good actors and typically the book was better. Sadly the movie was under-cooked and the special effects were meh. Disney and Walden Media could do so much better than this, My Advice is rent it was, watch it with your siblings younger than 12 or disney obsessed friends and never watch it again.
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    It is an okay family movie and while it follows the story of the book it is based on, it gets quite boring for a lot of the movie. The story is mediocre.
  6. Oct 12, 2013
    No child deserves Bridge to Terabithia. Honestly, if you're going to a place where all wishes can come true, why wish the wish everyone would've wanted and not make them cry till there's nothing left in them like you did? Even the author didn't want this and the moviemakers ignored her statements.

1. The fantasy-adventure incorporates the novel's magical and emotional elements without overplaying either -- a balance that hasn't always proven easy to maintain in the world of kid-lit adaptation.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Some literal-minded attempts at magical realism are redeemed by the film's emotional texture, winning chemistry between the tyke leads and scrupulous adherence to a childlike point of view.
    This is easily the best family feature of the early year.