7.3

1. AndrewK.
    Mar 3, 2007
    This film was just okay. I vaguely remember reading this book as a child, and so I couldn't quite remember a lot of the little details. Anna Sophia Robb was the greatest part of this film. She was incredibly engaging. It made me wish that the film was centered around her character instead of the boy and his complete and utter lack of a personality. The little girl that played his This film was just okay. I vaguely remember reading this book as a child, and so I couldn't quite remember a lot of the little details. Anna Sophia Robb was the greatest part of this film. She was incredibly engaging. It made me wish that the film was centered around her character instead of the boy and his complete and utter lack of a personality. The little girl that played his sister was cute, and added some nice touches to the movie. Zooey Deschanel was good, but there wasn't much for her to do in the part. The CG stuff in the film made me feel sometimes that I was watching two entirely different movies as it would switch between fantasy and reality. I think the film had the potential to be a lot more moving. There were many times where the dialogue made me cringe, and other times that the acting, by most of the cast, produced the same effect. T2 villain and David Duchovny replacement, Robert Patrick, played a father that was a little too over the top with his discouragement of his son's imagination. Every time Anna Sophia was not on the screen, I would lose interest. She was very good, despite having to deliver some ridiculous lines at times. I really was sad when her character died, even though I knew it was coming. If you like cheesy, family fare, then you'll love this movie. If that stuff bugs the s*** out of you, you'll hate the movie. Expand
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    "Bridge to Terabithia" is a preposterous movie. The book was absolutely sad, but the movie interprets the amazing story into a fluid one with eye candy visuals.
  3. avrohomk
    Jul 21, 2007
    If you're expecting anything like the trailer advertises, i.e. a The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe takeoff, you'll be thoroughly disappointed. As a touching story, however, the movie shines. Unfortunately, this doesn't sell well, leaving you with a duped-by-Disney taste in your wallet.
  4. MattC.
    Jun 11, 2007
    I saw a bunch of previews before watching this movie and in the previews they would show a bunch of computer animated scenes that really caught my eye. This was the main reason I decided to rent this movie and check it out. After watching it, I now can see that they used practically every animated scene from the movie and smashed it into the previews to make it seem like the whole movie I saw a bunch of previews before watching this movie and in the previews they would show a bunch of computer animated scenes that really caught my eye. This was the main reason I decided to rent this movie and check it out. After watching it, I now can see that they used practically every animated scene from the movie and smashed it into the previews to make it seem like the whole movie was CGI enhanced. It turns out that this is just a kiddie sob story that ended up making me cry and had I known this before, I wouldn't have watched this movie. Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2012
    I found the the movie cheesy yet heart-warming at the same time, waste of good actors and typically the book was better. Sadly the movie was under-cooked and the special effects were meh. Disney and Walden Media could do so much better than this, My Advice is rent it was, watch it with your siblings younger than 12 or disney obsessed friends and never watch it again.
  6. AaronF.
    Oct 13, 2008
    It had it's good points and was a fairly imaginative movie, and I also appreciated the idea of not just being another LotR ripoff. The problem for me was the way the tear-jerker ending came about. It just didn't fit the pacing of the movie. It's like sprinting and hitting a wall suddenly. After that was all said and done, they didn't really feel like they finished out It had it's good points and was a fairly imaginative movie, and I also appreciated the idea of not just being another LotR ripoff. The problem for me was the way the tear-jerker ending came about. It just didn't fit the pacing of the movie. It's like sprinting and hitting a wall suddenly. After that was all said and done, they didn't really feel like they finished out the story they had been building with through the movie. I'm not saying they couldn't do that ending, I just wish they'd taken the time to not have it feel so random. They could have used at least some sort of pacing in their or scenes to pre-lude such a sudden tragic moment. It could have been great, but falls flat because of bad directing in my oppinion. Expand
  7. EricaC.
    Feb 18, 2007
    Great movie for families and kids...Not so much for the rest of us. After seeing Pan's Lab, this was truly aweful. But I can see how 12 year olds and under could enjoy it.
  8. JackS.
    Feb 18, 2007
    I would have given it a higher score, but this movie wasn't the movie they marketed to the public. The trailer makes it seem that you would be swept away into this magical land. You spend the whole movie waiting to enter Terabithia, which doesn't happen until the very end. The story was fine and the acting was fine, I just didn't get to enjoy it because I kept looking at my I would have given it a higher score, but this movie wasn't the movie they marketed to the public. The trailer makes it seem that you would be swept away into this magical land. You spend the whole movie waiting to enter Terabithia, which doesn't happen until the very end. The story was fine and the acting was fine, I just didn't get to enjoy it because I kept looking at my watch wondering when they were going to jump into this magical land. when they finally do, the ending credits roll. Not cool. Expand
  9. May 26, 2012
    It was a good movie that has great acting and an amazing plot, but that changed in the ending. The ending is so horrible that it dramatically changed my score for this movie (from 8 to 4). Because of its surprisingly bad ending, this, for me, is one of the most disappointing films ever.........
  10. Nov 13, 2011
    It is an okay family movie and while it follows the story of the book it is based on, it gets quite boring for a lot of the movie. The story is mediocre.
  11. Aug 30, 2013
    di awal-awal film ini cukup menarik, namun setelah film berlanjut banyak hal-hal yang cukup membingungkan, yang paling menganggu adalah dunia khayalan terabithia yang tidak jelas asal usulnya, overall disamping hal yang membingunkan tadi para pemainnya berakting bagus dan visualnya keren teringat dengan trilogi LOTR
  12. Apr 6, 2015
    I think that bridge to tearabithia is no where to being better then the book at all. act 1 and act 2 are ok but act 3 is amazing it is so sad but the ending is just so great.

1. The fantasy-adventure incorporates the novel's magical and emotional elements without overplaying either -- a balance that hasn't always proven easy to maintain in the world of kid-lit adaptation.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Some literal-minded attempts at magical realism are redeemed by the film's emotional texture, winning chemistry between the tyke leads and scrupulous adherence to a childlike point of view.
    This is easily the best family feature of the early year.