7.3

1. Apr 13, 2012
    I love this movie. I think it is a great movie and I believe the right cast was chosen. Josh Hutcherson was a great Jess, Annasophia Robb was a perfect Leslie, Bailee Madison was a cute Maybel, Zooey Dushenel was an good teacher. I think the creativity and imagination put into this book and then film was inspiring and a great family film. The ending was very sad and I felt for Jess. TheI love this movie. I think it is a great movie and I believe the right cast was chosen. Josh Hutcherson was a great Jess, Annasophia Robb was a perfect Leslie, Bailee Madison was a cute Maybel, Zooey Dushenel was an good teacher. I think the creativity and imagination put into this book and then film was inspiring and a great family film. The ending was very sad and I felt for Jess. The was Josh showed us how Jess was feeling was incredible and more than I expected! Overall a lovely film and perfect for a family get together! Expand
  2. Aug 30, 2011
    This is actually one of the rare movies which made me cried. The cast is really great (Zooey Deschanel is perfect as always).Everyone should watch this movie.
  3. Nov 9, 2011
    Filled with dynamic visual effects, very real, convincing performances and a powerful story focusing on loss, friendship and imagination, Bridge to Terabithia is one of the best films of 2007. 4/4 stars.
  4. Feb 24, 2013
    Bridge To Terabithia is one of my all time favorite fairy tales and when I heard they were making it into a movie, I was very excited. When I heard it was Disney doing it, I was modified. Disney has a way of taking classic tales and distorting them into happy, loving, little stories that completely ignore the underlying issues, but with Bridge To Terabithia they didn't do that. This movieBridge To Terabithia is one of my all time favorite fairy tales and when I heard they were making it into a movie, I was very excited. When I heard it was Disney doing it, I was modified. Disney has a way of taking classic tales and distorting them into happy, loving, little stories that completely ignore the underlying issues, but with Bridge To Terabithia they didn't do that. This movie was fantastic and every bit as impactful as the original story. The young leads are terrific, the movie is visually appealing, and the story is left virtually untouched. This is a good one! Expand
  5. Feb 25, 2012
    bridge to terabithia
    excellent movie. It's good for all ages, and its also good for kids, in my opinion. I think its a disney movie, or disney style at least. It's a little motional (emo), but its a great movie. Good characters, and story. Its a little sad at the end , but it's a great movie overall!
  6. Sep 1, 2013
    This film adaptation of a brilliant novel is utter…perfection. The choice of actors could not have been more perfect, with each actor feeling their role deeply and creating a truly believable character the audience can relate to. The story was followed closely and was wholly complete when the cruel realities of life were thrown at the audience in the most unexpected manner, making it allThis film adaptation of a brilliant novel is utter…perfection. The choice of actors could not have been more perfect, with each actor feeling their role deeply and creating a truly believable character the audience can relate to. The story was followed closely and was wholly complete when the cruel realities of life were thrown at the audience in the most unexpected manner, making it all the more unique and perfect for its message and emotional power.
    We certainly need more films that can deliver a story as powerful as this, because it is the only film that has made me cry.
  7. Oct 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was an English Task

The fantasy film, “The Bridge to Terabithia” is about two young outsiders who use the power of imagination and their unique bond to create a world of their own. Filled with fantastic creatures and free of bullies and the pressures and loneliness of the real world, Terabithia provides a refuge from the sorrows of the real world created by their combined imagination and faith.

Jess dreams of shaking his "loser" image by winning an annual foot race at school. Times are hard on the family farm, and Jess trains for the race in an old pair of sneakers held together by little more than duct tape and faith. But his dream is “dashed” when Leslie, the new girl in school, speeds past him and rest of the pack in the "boys only" race. Despite this rocky start, the two discover they have a lot in common and become fast friends. Both are outsiders, but they are also blessed with rich imaginations and creative talent—Jess for drawing and Leslie for telling stories. Over the course of the school year, they imagine an enchanted world of their own—a magical kingdom in the woods only accessible by swinging across a stream on a rope. They call their land Terabithia, and as king and queen, they fight against the Dark Master and his creatures.
    But their fantastical reveries are far from empty daydreaming; they prove to be therapeutic and instructive. Each adventure they complete and every troll or "hairy vulture" they vanquish represents a real life adversary or hurdle. The film explores the power of imagination and fantasy to help us understand and cope with the challenges and complexities of real life. They even learn that more often than not, the best weapon is kindness, and the most effective way to eliminate an enemy is to turn him or her into a friend. The film also explores the positive power of imagination. In order to create a better world, we must first be able to envision one, and more importantly, believe in it. Is it any wonder Jesus extolled the "faith of a child"?
    In a particularly lovely scene, Jess’ family takes Leslie to church, something she has never done before. Her "first impressions" of God and Jesus are heart-warming and revelatory. One life lesson that Jess and Leslie's adventures do not prepare them for is how to cope with death. Yet, even in Terabithia, death is part of the cycle of life—even sudden, senseless death. The Author has defended the death as an important and realistic element in the story. Seeing how the characters both cope with and heal from this tragedy is revealing and comforting. Although this may be a story filled with fantasy, it is primarily a story about dealing with real life struggles, including coping with loss.
    The problem with “The Bridge to Terabithia” is the aforementioned (a fancy word I found) make-believe. They’re showing us the world through the eyes of these kids, so when they start imagining that they’re in their own fantastical world of Terabithia; we see what they’re imagining in their heads as if it’s real. That means a little bit of CGI. Not a lot, but enough to be annoying. Fantasy beasts just don’t fit a film that’s otherwise so wonderfully rooted in the soil of reality, and those few sequences when they’re forced upon us don’t really grab our attention very much. There’s never any question of whether or not their appearance is merely a product of the kid’s imagination, so watching Jesse fight a giant squirrel isn’t the most interesting part of the film. There’s no sense of danger or doubt about the outcome. It’s just doesn’t grab your attention.

Describing the wonders of scuba diving in a school essay, Leslie writes, "I didn’t have enough air to see everything I wanted to, and that just made it more special." In a way, this line also describes a central message of the film: We should cherish the time we’re given and the people and experiences in our lives, because we never know how long it will last. Bridge to Terabithia is an endlessly imaginative and deeply compassionate film about building bridges between people and forging bonds—with fathers, teachers, neighbours and even bullies. Sometimes, as they say in the film, all you need to do is believe and "keep your mind wide open."
  8. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Um belo e comovente filme. Você pode chorar às vezes, principalmente na morte de Leslie. Um grande filme para crianças e adultos. O mais interessante desse é a criatividade na elaboração de seu enrendo. Fantástico! Expand
  9. Nov 18, 2014
    Now this is a "coming to age" love story though it's not the point. From the book alone, Katherine Paterson made it really relates to young teens. The story lines are better than a usual lovey-dovey types of some sort. Likewise, a good story would really contribute top the realization and lesson to the readers thoughts.

1. The fantasy-adventure incorporates the novel's magical and emotional elements without overplaying either -- a balance that hasn't always proven easy to maintain in the world of kid-lit adaptation.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Some literal-minded attempts at magical realism are redeemed by the film's emotional texture, winning chemistry between the tyke leads and scrupulous adherence to a childlike point of view.
    This is easily the best family feature of the early year.