5.6

1. Nov 22, 2012
    What a horrible flick. Milla Jovovich throws in an awful performance, the kid is just utterly annoying. Who cares about any of these characters ?
    I know this is Famke Janssen's first effort, but please...this movie is unbearable.
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    All I have to say is Milla Jovovich. She gives an incredible performance which carries the film through the pacing issues. She is an excellent actress and I am proud of her. Oscars here we come

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    Sep 30, 2012
    A technically competent but painfully broad dramedy about a larcenous mother-and-son duo in the Midwest. This gender-flipped, latter-day "Paper Moon" lacks that film's judicious restraint, among other things, alternating hick Americana cartoonishness with maudlin appeals to the tear ducts.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Neumaier
    Sep 27, 2012
    Janssen's affectionate, almost-1970s-style view of innocents-at-large may not be polished, but earns points for being from the heart.
  3. Reviewed by: Jeannette Catsoulis
    Sep 27, 2012
    Despite Ms. Janssen's fine taste in music - it's lovely to hear Jorma Kaukonen's "Genesis" on the soundtrack - her film's downfall was ensured by a leading lady who will always be more credible chasing zombies than the American dream.