7.3

1. Mar 12, 2013
    This is one of the first Jim Carrey movies i watched! It will have a special place in my heart forever! One of the greatest movie experiences from my childhood!
  2. CriticBrothers
    May 30, 2003
    This movie has soul power. It has a good blend of comedy and drama. It is one of those rare films that makes you laugh and cry. And also included a good message. Some might say this movie is cheesy but they are ignorant and this movie is better than the matrix reloaded.
  3. KenG.
    Jan 20, 2004
    A sometimes hilarious film marred only by the extremely sappy last 30 minutes. Morgan Freeman IS God, and Jim Carrey and Jennifer have a nice screen chemistry. There's one comic sequence that had me crying with laughter.
  4. JamieW.
    Jul 9, 2003
    Is it me or are these review people way too serious about films? The best was 80%? This film had me laughing all the way through and I believe it was a brilliant film in which Jim Carrey showed us his true talent. My message to the reviewers - lighten up!
  5. SunnyY.
    May 26, 2003
    I think this movie is cool, and I dunno why many people gave it such a low mark, what do you expect? Philosophy or anything more deeper? This is a comedy, come on, just have a laugh and that's it, and it's hilarious. Personally I like the message carried by the movie, that is don't pray for everything and ask why god doesn't fulfilll your dream, be the miracle I think this movie is cool, and I dunno why many people gave it such a low mark, what do you expect? Philosophy or anything more deeper? This is a comedy, come on, just have a laugh and that's it, and it's hilarious. Personally I like the message carried by the movie, that is don't pray for everything and ask why god doesn't fulfilll your dream, be the miracle yourself. I think this movie motivate people somehow, and thus it's a good movie, for everyone. Expand
  6. F.F.
    Dec 30, 2005
    A gem.
  9. Windu
    Jun 15, 2003
    Jim Carrey shines in this role-- but lets admit it-- Bruce Almighty is a terrible movie. The only reason it gets a 7 instead of a 4 is because Carrey did a really great job with the part, it made me laugh, and I really enjoyed watching the film...
  10. AdamE.
    Jul 28, 2003
    Even though the film can get a little feeble at times Jim truly is brilliant! Goi Carrey!
  11. Btaz
    Jul 8, 2003
    Carrey is funny without being super silly. Lots of laughs.
  12. AimeeB.
    Jan 1, 2004
    I loved this movie..Jim Carrey is the Best Actor ever. This movie is hilarious when he mimics the other guy. Second to Liar Liar of my favourite Jim movies. Both the same director, Tom Shadyac.
  13. MattH.
    Apr 5, 2004
    Awesome movie. Ace Vanturia Pet Detective is still my favorite.
  14. RobertC.
    Jan 10, 2005
    I Love this movie but it's not the best!! it's good.
  15. MushuPork
    May 27, 2003
    Hilarious movie. Jim Carrey has tended to over do his schtick in recent pics. Here he is more focused. Anniston did great. Overall, fun flick. Could take kids to it, but they wouldn't get the jokes.
  16. JONC.
    May 27, 2003
    Not perfect, but entertainingly funny, as expected from most Jim Carrey commedies, though this one lacks some of his more vulgar...inspirations (an omission not entirely unwelcome.) Morgan Freeman is GREAT as God, but isn't he at anything he does??? Still, GOD, who would have thought...
  17. LindsayG.
    May 29, 2003
    Bruce Almighty was a great movie, that i would have no problem going and seeing again. Jim Carey is a very humerous actor and is awesome at what he does, this made the movie what is was. Although there is some language and violence, and a scene of sexuality i found that it was still a good movie, and as long as you are using good jugdement and can handle a little humor, it is definatly Bruce Almighty was a great movie, that i would have no problem going and seeing again. Jim Carey is a very humerous actor and is awesome at what he does, this made the movie what is was. Although there is some language and violence, and a scene of sexuality i found that it was still a good movie, and as long as you are using good jugdement and can handle a little humor, it is definatly worth watching. I gave it a 9 out of 10 because it was very entertaining, and Jim Carey makes any comedy worth that score. Although it received some bad reviews, i think if you are a fan of Jim careys work, and feel like watching a funny, out of this world movie, you will love it as much as i did. Expand
  18. VictorB.
    May 29, 2003
    This is that rare film that is part hilarious comedy and part serious drama, but also with a spiritual side. This is often difficult for some lesser critics and moviegoers to comprehend. (I'll bet they missed all the verbal darts Carrey threw at them in the film). For those who haven't seen the movie yet I'll explain in brief. Basicly when you do one thing such as physical This is that rare film that is part hilarious comedy and part serious drama, but also with a spiritual side. This is often difficult for some lesser critics and moviegoers to comprehend. (I'll bet they missed all the verbal darts Carrey threw at them in the film). For those who haven't seen the movie yet I'll explain in brief. Basicly when you do one thing such as physical comedy, you're expected to keep doing that one thing. When you break from that, lower I. Q.'s, (i.e. most critics) are confused so they reveiw it poorly. Take a movie like The Majestic. Given it was way too long, but Carrey was brilliant! To listen to the critics though you would think it was the worst movie ever made. This is not true reviewing. This is critics and moviegoers being upset that someone did, however brilliantly, something other than what they were expected. See Bruce Almighty. This is Carrey using ALL of his talents seen so far. Expand
  19. TyT.
    May 31, 2003
    4 stars awesome.
  20. Phatman
    Jun 21, 2003
    Not bad, some funny parts, but you don't have to see this in theatres. Just rent it when it comes out. But I give this a 10 for Jennifer Aniston's orgasm.
  21. CraigK.
    Jun 27, 2003
    I thought that this film was very funny. I was laughing all the way through it. I think it is Jim Carrey's best movie yet.
  22. Zach
    Jun 28, 2003
    To Dom S.: you're confusing Bob Odenkirk of Mr. Show fame with Steve Oedekerk of Kung Pow/Thumb Wars fame. Bob Odenkirk had nothing to do with this film, and even though I find David Cross a bit funnier overall, Mr. Show wouldn't have been the same without either one of the two hilarious actors/writers. As far as this movie's quality, I thought it was hilarious. Even the To Dom S.: you're confusing Bob Odenkirk of Mr. Show fame with Steve Oedekerk of Kung Pow/Thumb Wars fame. Bob Odenkirk had nothing to do with this film, and even though I find David Cross a bit funnier overall, Mr. Show wouldn't have been the same without either one of the two hilarious actors/writers. As far as this movie's quality, I thought it was hilarious. Even the stale transitions/scenes are very few and far between, and are vastly overpowered by Jim Carrey's strong physical comedic delivery, as always. I thought Jennifer Aniston did a pretty good supporting role, as she did in Office Space. Expand
  23. BillT.
    May 15, 2004
    I have to rate this movie as my new all-time favorite! Yes, it was cute. Yes, it was pretty funny. But, even more important was the spiritually insightful writing of the concept of the storyline!
  24. KevinB
    Apr 21, 2005
    Jim Carrey is simply the greatest comedian alive. He can do so much with very little. Give this man a toothpick and he'll entertain u for hours. The story could have been a little better but as far as acting he nailed it.
  25. JamesD.
    Dec 19, 2003
    One of jim's best films ever, Nice car by the way!
  26. BenW.
    Oct 22, 2003
    One of the funniest movies i have ever seen. jim carrey is the funniest person on the face of the earth.
  27. MelissaM.
    Dec 8, 2003
    I sincerely liked this movie. Funny and light-hearted, well-meaning fun. Throw in a couple of other hyphenated words and you've got Jim's best movie in years.
  28. John
    May 24, 2003
    If you enjoy Jim Carrey's typical humor then you will certainly enjoy this movie. It's not his best work, but the story is decent, even if it does get sort of cliche towards the end.
  29. RitaS.
    May 24, 2003
    Wonderful, Jim Carrey at his best!
  30. MartinC.
    May 24, 2003
    Really good and funny movie--classic Jim Carrey. Little cheesy at the end, but I kinda liked the cheese here.
  31. SindyM.
    May 26, 2003
    I thought it was hilarious; it had great acting the funniest lines and every thing else you can think of.
  32. CarreyFan
    May 28, 2003
    The plot doesn't work to well. I dont care, carrey was hilarious anyhow.
  33. KevinN.
    May 29, 2003
    This is by far one of the funniest movies i have seen in a long. jim carey should get an award of being able to actually get through the filming of a movie like this without dieing from laughter. i recommend this to everyone.
  34. TheDuckman
    May 29, 2003
    It's nice to see Carrey back at his roots. No more Truman and no more magestic crap. He's back there being the "allrighty then" kinda guy we all miss and love. Whatever happend to the golden days? Ace Ventura, Dumb&Dumber, the Mask? Those were good times, but now Carrey decides to go back to his roots in Bruce Almighty. Good Actor...Bad Movie. Although the movie does contain It's nice to see Carrey back at his roots. No more Truman and no more magestic crap. He's back there being the "allrighty then" kinda guy we all miss and love. Whatever happend to the golden days? Ace Ventura, Dumb&Dumber, the Mask? Those were good times, but now Carrey decides to go back to his roots in Bruce Almighty. Good Actor...Bad Movie. Although the movie does contain it's share of sentimental value (Bruce learns his lesson) it does poke fun at God and offend faith. For one, When Bruce becomes "God" he goes to have premarital sex with his girlfriend...a thing which God condems. That was a major disturbing factor in this movie. Other then that Carrey played his part brilliantly. But next time...com'on folks...give us another Ace Ventura or at least a SEQUEL to Dumb&Dumber...not a prequel....if only the cookie crumbled the other way huh? Expand
  35. SamanthaT.
    Jan 19, 2004
    *~*i thought it was hilarious,specially the news caster part,lol ha ha ...Jim Carrey is my favourite actor*~*!!!!FUNNY
  36. StaceyG.
    Nov 28, 2003
    I did not love this movie but it was pretty good. Ok, TITO Y, i respect your opinion of the movie but what the hell is wrong with Jim Carey, you talk about all his bad movies and characters (thee Riddler) when he has had a career of great movies/characters..., even Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson have had bad movies. Also you say he should from them, yet, they could also learn from him, I did not love this movie but it was pretty good. Ok, TITO Y, i respect your opinion of the movie but what the hell is wrong with Jim Carey, you talk about all his bad movies and characters (thee Riddler) when he has had a career of great movies/characters..., even Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson have had bad movies. Also you say he should from them, yet, they could also learn from him, CAREY IS A COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT KIND OF ACTOR. he could teach them how to be funny and they could teach him to be a better dramatic actor oh and even though i do not think his characters are all the same but, a person whose characters are all the same would be known as a character actor and that does not meen they dont have talent, if they are bad at playing this "one" character then they truly are an awefull actor. Anyone else agree with my rant? Expand
  37. Oct 7, 2011
    This was a very funny movie, I watched it again recently and it still had its fun in it. The best part in the movie was when he used his powers to influence the news anchor into saying the wrong things and doing dumb things.
  38. Dec 29, 2010
    When I watch this I laugh all the time! It's really funny. I'm not too sure about Jennifer Aniston though but Jim Carrey is at his best. To me it's a classic.
  39. Oct 3, 2011
    Finally someone remembered to do a movie that demonstrates what we all want when life does not go as we planned. It is a very successful film, both effects, histories and even comedy. I know there's a new movie, but I do not see as only the summary of the film could see how the film would be complete. But since now I'm talking about the Bruce Almighty, the story involves a little bit ofFinally someone remembered to do a movie that demonstrates what we all want when life does not go as we planned. It is a very successful film, both effects, histories and even comedy. I know there's a new movie, but I do not see as only the summary of the film could see how the film would be complete. But since now I'm talking about the Bruce Almighty, the story involves a little bit of everything, greed, anger, love, comedy, and it all mixed by a good director makes a beautiful piece like this. Expand
  40. Sep 8, 2013
    With great power, comes great power, especially when God is involved, with various theological accuracies and religious beliefs aside, 'Bruce Almighty' explores the power and responsibility that a higher being may possess, but in a comic manner of course, because Jim Carrey is leading the show in this supernatural comedy, where he plays a news reporter longing after the coveted anchor job,With great power, comes great power, especially when God is involved, with various theological accuracies and religious beliefs aside, 'Bruce Almighty' explores the power and responsibility that a higher being may possess, but in a comic manner of course, because Jim Carrey is leading the show in this supernatural comedy, where he plays a news reporter longing after the coveted anchor job, a job that goes to Evan (Steve Carell). Bruce has a breakdown and decides to take his anger out on the skies, namely God, who answers Bruce in the most unorthodox of ways, giving him all his powers and telling him to use them how he pleases. While the powers of God throughout the film bring excellent comedy and impressive visual gags like the part of the soup, clearly a direct reference to Moses, and others like pulling the moon closer or even the voice change for his rival Evan, it sometimes feels over-bearing when you realise a film is being made about powers that are truly limitless, so where do you even start with that. The true spark of the film rests on the shoulders of Carrey and his energetic persona that he brings to most of his roles, it's difficult to imagine anyone else playing the role, and a deliberate pacing and subtle references to larger compromises in the film do make it a predictable in many parts, but strong performances from Carrey as the down on his luck news reporter, while is girlfriend Grace (Jennifer Aniston) is forever trying to keep Bruce grounded. Then we have God himself, played by none other than Morgan Freeman, who has many a philosophical tale to tell us and inspire the hoard as we watch, it's entertaining but also hold sentimental value, especially when the elegant and almighty voice of Freeman is saying it. The theme of it all really tries to test the selfishness of selflessness of the human psyche, how much would one person do before trying to help others if they has unlimited capabilities? Sure we might indulge a little but when it comes down to it, what would you do. But this is of course coming from a comedy angle, many will simply treat this has a quirky idea for a film, while others will see it as blasphemy for treating the entity of God on such a comical way, but then again, laughter is the language of the soul, and while there are laughs to be had, it misses the mark when trying to be too serious and shifting its tone, while also focusing and relying to much on Jim Carrey's personality. But still an enjoyable and interesting idea all the same Expand
  41. Sep 2, 2012
    Bruce Almighty is a very funny movie. Of course any movie with Jim Carey is going to be hilarious. It mixes seriousness and humor pretty well. Well done.
  42. Sep 2, 2012
    This was a solid film. It was funny and kind of thought provoking. It is also a little bland though. Morgan Freeman is God as far as I am concerned, so he was cast perfectly.
  43. Nov 12, 2012
    A funny little film that succeeds due to the combination of a manic Jim Carrey and a sweet and lovable Jen Aniston.
  44. Jun 7, 2013
    I'm a big Jim Carrey fan and this is up there as one of his very good films, and while not his best its still certainly very funny! As long as not taken too seriously you can kick back and really enjoy it, and it will obviously help if you're a Carrey fan yourself. It's also quite a clever concept never really tried before and while it could offend some I'm sure most wouldn't look into itI'm a big Jim Carrey fan and this is up there as one of his very good films, and while not his best its still certainly very funny! As long as not taken too seriously you can kick back and really enjoy it, and it will obviously help if you're a Carrey fan yourself. It's also quite a clever concept never really tried before and while it could offend some I'm sure most wouldn't look into it too much and will see the lighter side to it, so if you haven't seen it check it out Expand
  45. Jun 7, 2013
    For some reason this is my favourite movie in the world I watch it over and over again without getting bored. First of all there's the extremely talented Jim Carrey who never ceases to spread uncontrollable laughter. However his collaboration with the legendary Morgan Freeman makes this a million times better than his other films. The choice of him as God is so convincing that i actuallyFor some reason this is my favourite movie in the world I watch it over and over again without getting bored. First of all there's the extremely talented Jim Carrey who never ceases to spread uncontrollable laughter. However his collaboration with the legendary Morgan Freeman makes this a million times better than his other films. The choice of him as God is so convincing that i actually BELIEVE in Morgan Freeman now. If you want to have a good time with your friends this is the movie for you! One does not simply dislike the Carrey comedy... Expand
  46. Apr 29, 2015
    Jim Carrey is a really funny and good actor and he proves it in this amazing comedy.With Jim Carrey,Jennifer Aniston and Morgan Freeman,you can only have a great comedy.There is a lot of good moments and the acting from all the actors is pretty good.I highly recommend the movie.
  47. Mar 18, 2015
    This is great movie people search this movie in Hindi and Urdu here i found a website for this.
  48. Jun 28, 2015
    Like seriously this is one of his better films. These meh reviews over analysed this movie to hell. I'd give it a watch, its a fave int he movie comedy genre.

Aniston, as a sweet kindergarten teacher and fiancee, shows again (after "The Good Girl") that she really will have a movie career.
    Like his (Carrey) early work, it's not a particularly good film -- insipidly staged, inanely plotted, too weak to withstand the weight of any inquiries into logic or continuity -- but Carrey's energetic mugging, particularly early on, makes it relatively painless.
  3. The screenplay doesn't ultimately make much sense. Carrey is a unique comic talent, though, and Freeman and Aniston back him up with such sensitive supporting performances that the film almost works if you can suspend enough disbelief to swallow its fantastic premise.