6.8

1. Jun 26, 2013
    A truly inspiring emotional movie about a fascinating individual. Pulls at the heartstrings without pandering and is a nice little piece of Americana as well.
  2. Aug 16, 2011
    Buck is someone we all should learn from, and a remarkable man. This movie doesn't quite do him justice. Unfortunately, this movie could have been culled down into an hour tv documentary and probably have been just as good. The producers may have borrowed from Buck a little too much and failed to plum the depths of the man, instead merely letting us hear a whisper of him.
  3. Jul 24, 2011
    I thought the movie was very real. Because it was real, it said a lot about the frailties of humans, even the frailties of Buck.
    Beautiful horses, great characters, good cinematography.
  4. Jul 17, 2011
    Truly this is great movie for all ages. It has a unique style of a movie with a critical look at the side of the animal as part of our lives. The acting is a real pleasure to watch with the reality of both living and helping others to help themselves and their animals fit together in our lives. The family aspect was vital in making and location filming adds so much to its poignancy.Truly this is great movie for all ages. It has a unique style of a movie with a critical look at the side of the animal as part of our lives. The acting is a real pleasure to watch with the reality of both living and helping others to help themselves and their animals fit together in our lives. The family aspect was vital in making and location filming adds so much to its poignancy. Each member of the family with Buck work together and become a important force for each family and animal they help. Outstanding filming and narration from friends, coworkers, put this movie into the top 10 of the year for me. Hope it can get vital distribution throughout the country. A screen gem ! 5 out 5 for me Expand
  5. Jul 2, 2011
    A good documentary is entertaining, educational, informative and usually makes you leave the theater thinking long after the movie has ended. While many documentaries have a political or moral stance, it is the rare documentary that fulfills all of the criteria for a good documentary, yet really has no purpose other than to enlighten. "Buck," is the documentary of real-life horse whispererA good documentary is entertaining, educational, informative and usually makes you leave the theater thinking long after the movie has ended. While many documentaries have a political or moral stance, it is the rare documentary that fulfills all of the criteria for a good documentary, yet really has no purpose other than to enlighten. "Buck," is the documentary of real-life horse whisperer Buck Brannaman, his path to the life he chose, the lessons he learned as a child and how he took the right path as an adult in spite of his past.

"Buck" was timely for me as it represented what is in my heart at the moment. Wanting to enjoy each moment as they come. Not dwell on the past. Turn the negative things that have happened to me into positive things for the future. While the documentary did serve to tell Buck's story, as well as give insight into the amazing work he does as a horse trainer, it did much more. It displayed immense insight into fatherhood, parenting, patience and living for the positive things in our short lives.

While watching, I frequently thought of my estranged father-in-law, whom I believe would love this movie. Not only as a father, but also as a love for the roots of what makes a good cowboy.

"Buck" is a beautifully shot film with a captivating, heartwarming, as well as heartbreaking, story. I couldn't encourage seeing it more.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Jul 8, 2011
    Seeing Brannaman work in the warm, sun-dappled documentary Buck makes it clear why he was such a perfect fit for Redford's film: Few people can handle horses the way Brannaman does.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Jul 6, 2011
    Buck is a movie to be revisited again and again, like passages from a satisfying self-help book. Riding experience isn't necessary to realize how extraordinary this man and his calling are.
  3. Reviewed by: David Hiltbrand
    Jun 30, 2011
    Brannaman is a fascinating character, but Buck is so tightly focused that only avid horse lovers will find it appealing.