5.5

1. j30
    Jan 30, 2012
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer is simply awful. Even the writer Joss Whedon has made it clear that this is not what he had envisioned. Bad acting, bad lines after bad lines. Why would Donald Sutherland waste his time with something like this?
  2. Dec 29, 2012
    So I was a huge fan of the TV show which was awesome and has basically nothing in common with the original movie, except having a teenage girl named Buffy whose destiny is to slay vampires as a Vampire Slayer. This movie was so boring, I literally, fell asleep 15 minutes into it. I woke up 15 minutes from the end and surprisingly it didn't seem like I missed any of the plot to me. I asked the group of friends I saw it with what I missed during my hour or so nap, they informed me that I hadn't really missed anything lol. My advice is just stick to the awesome TV show, which was cheesy but great because it didn't take itself seriously (it poked fun at itself and its characters from time to time) but had great character development, drama, and brilliant writing in the later episodes (The Musical episode was great!). As for the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie well I am giving it a 3/10 since that is the highest red review I can give it, since I slept through most of it I will give it the benefit of a doubt that there was something worth watching that I missed during my snooze. Expand

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a slight, good-humored film that's a lot more painless than might have been expected. Ms. Swanson's funny, deadpan delivery holds the story together reasonably well, as does the state-of-the-art Val-speak that constitutes most of Buffy's dialogue.
  2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a fun movie; so much better than it has to be and so much better than you expect it to be. Buffy is to vampire movies what Valley Girl is to Romeo and Juliet stories: a fresh reworking of an old formula staged by up-to-the-second California teens.
    Buffy isn't heinous, just disposable. As a friend tells Buffy while she eyes a fashion purchase, "It's so five minutes ago."