6.7

1. Nov 2, 2010
    Even if what is said or shown in this documentary is true, I can't help but to feel some of the same anger shown here against the banks and capitalism towards Michael himself. Why didn't he release this movie for free, it's easy to talk but it's not easy actually doing what you preach.
  2. aasfd
    Oct 3, 2009
    Utter Crap....Hes trying to sell you his thoughts! He is washed up and instead work as a Corner store clerk! I use to respect him...But now hes Mr. Know it all, who knows nothing! pass!
  3. Sam
    Oct 6, 2009
    What a pile of crap. MM needs to move to a nice place like Cuba. There he can make films all he wants, until the government kills him for treason.
  4. Chris
    Oct 1, 2009
    The usual over-baked film from Moore, filled with his usual one-sided, factually questionable, hit-you-over-the-head self righteousness. I have come to believe that Moore is the worst thing to happen to documentary films in decades.
  5. rc
    Oct 12, 2009
    Boring!
  6. Pedro
    Oct 13, 2009
    MM craves on conspiracy theory maniacs and fills is pockets with all of "you". Is worst then the things he talk about.
  7. syzygy
    Sep 24, 2009
    Mikey is a cheap propagandist whose worst deficiency all these years has been dishonesty. He never so much cared for people's plight as needing it to push his gross beliefs. Finally, with his latest putrid opus, he is far less scared because he feels comfortable with our current financial crisis in ways that did not show in prior films. He reveals more of his core beliefs rather than Mikey is a cheap propagandist whose worst deficiency all these years has been dishonesty. He never so much cared for people's plight as needing it to push his gross beliefs. Finally, with his latest putrid opus, he is far less scared because he feels comfortable with our current financial crisis in ways that did not show in prior films. He reveals more of his core beliefs rather than simply dancing on the periphery of the crises. He is a true Marxist, a person who doesn't think capitalism suffers from momentary convulsions but is a cancer on all societies. Expand
  8. AlexL
    Sep 25, 2009
    Woah. I was shocked to find out the metacritic rating was so high for this movie. I went and was absolutely stunned to see all of the misinformation Moore provides. Where does he get his stats? From 30 people? Now, I know he's an entertainer, but many critics are referring to the movie as an "eye-opener". For what? Shock value? This is the poorest "documentary" I've ever seen in Woah. I was shocked to find out the metacritic rating was so high for this movie. I went and was absolutely stunned to see all of the misinformation Moore provides. Where does he get his stats? From 30 people? Now, I know he's an entertainer, but many critics are referring to the movie as an "eye-opener". For what? Shock value? This is the poorest "documentary" I've ever seen in terms of journalistic quality. I actually liked Sicko because I see his point; this movie just completely misses the mark. He's desperate for more attention, and got it for all the wrong reasons. Expand
  9. BobB.
    Sep 30, 2009
    The Capitalist Micheal Moore tells us Capitalism is a scam. Who is scamming who? I didn't realize he donates all the money he makes from his movies to charity. Oh, that's right, he doesn't. Don't you think Moore makes too much money? Maybe the Federal Government should get involved and limit the amount of money Moore makes. What a joke of a human being. Move to Europe The Capitalist Micheal Moore tells us Capitalism is a scam. Who is scamming who? I didn't realize he donates all the money he makes from his movies to charity. Oh, that's right, he doesn't. Don't you think Moore makes too much money? Maybe the Federal Government should get involved and limit the amount of money Moore makes. What a joke of a human being. Move to Europe you fat wealthy pig! Expand
  10. YevgeniS
    Oct 18, 2009
    Michael Moore knows about as much about how REAL corporations are run as most Hollywood writers: Nothing at all. At least he doesn't depict evil CEOs plotting to murder the reporter who has discovered they are dumping dangerous chemicals in the water supply of the city they live in (as TV shows do), but on the other hand, a class in basic Economics seems to be in order here.
  11. DougT
    Oct 5, 2009
    Didn't even watch it. But I'm expressing my freedom of speech as an American- isn't that what you like MM? Yeah, thought so.
  12. Ray
    Oct 6, 2009
    Heya Michael, if that stupid universal healthcare proposal gets passed, I hope you get taxed for being a fatty. That is all.
  13. KyleJ
    Oct 9, 2009
    Wretched. Utterly useless. How can so many people be sandbagged by this moron. This is a college dropout with a few film-making talents that has made millions, now ripping the very (abstract) system by which he did it. Every film he has ever made has had well publicized lies/exaggerations/logical fallacies. He is a moron. He was fired from small paper for Are some of his points valid? Wretched. Utterly useless. How can so many people be sandbagged by this moron. This is a college dropout with a few film-making talents that has made millions, now ripping the very (abstract) system by which he did it. Every film he has ever made has had well publicized lies/exaggerations/logical fallacies. He is a moron. He was fired from small paper for Are some of his points valid? Maybe; I'm in no love with corporate criminals or the current system either. But he's trying to toe the line of journalism (Documentaries all are, the other choice is fiction). Only if he were a real reporter he would have been caught in so many mistakes and lies that he'd have been blackballed from every media outlet known to man. And lets face it, their standards aren't that high to begin with. Instead you all flock to his movies because you ALREADY agree with his views, even though he has NO CREDIBILITY AS A RELIABLE SOURCE WHATSOEVER. Any eye opening he does is through people who had no opinion to begin with and who were blind from the get-go. Moore, Beck, Limbaugh, these college dropouts (all of them, left or right) are the types of people preventing the advance of our country past a Red-Vs-Blue blood bath absent any rational or logical thought. Expand
  14. Paul
    Sep 24, 2009
    Another piece of MM crap. He condemns capitalism, but still lives in the US instead of moving to a place like Cuba where he can embrace what he thinks is a great thing.
  15. RichardR.
    Sep 25, 2009
    More selective misinformation from Micheal Moore. If he truly believes he should be in the 70% tax bracket, there is a place on the 1040 to contribute extra money. This would be keeping in line with his idea that Bernie Sanders version of the future is Moore's version of America. I do give Moore credit for bashing both Republicans and Democrats. If you are looking for a Socialist More selective misinformation from Micheal Moore. If he truly believes he should be in the 70% tax bracket, there is a place on the 1040 to contribute extra money. This would be keeping in line with his idea that Bernie Sanders version of the future is Moore's version of America. I do give Moore credit for bashing both Republicans and Democrats. If you are looking for a Socialist creed or simplistic Capatilism bashing go; if you are looking for something serious don't waste your time or money. Expand
  16. RonaldS
    Sep 26, 2009
    Wow, he calls it a "documentary" yet when asked how he can make this movie when he himself makes millions from his own work, he says he loves irony. So this isn't a documentary, its a comedy by the worlds biggest hypocrite. I want to know when he is going to give all that evil money away to poor people.
  17. VinnieS
    Sep 27, 2009
    This movie is propaganda. not really a fair documentary. It's full of half truths and wrong conclusions drawn on incomplete evidence. If you don't know what the deal is with capitalism vs marxism or are pissed off at the banks and don't understand why they are still getting bailouts etc, you need to Google. It will teach you way more than this movie. I personally like This movie is propaganda. not really a fair documentary. It's full of half truths and wrong conclusions drawn on incomplete evidence. If you don't know what the deal is with capitalism vs marxism or are pissed off at the banks and don't understand why they are still getting bailouts etc, you need to Google. It will teach you way more than this movie. I personally like capitalism, I think that Moore is very selective in his movie, where he bemoans Bush for croneyism on Wall Street but doesn't say one peep about Obama who bailed them out with $787Billion. Capitalism as I see it, is not to blame here. We haven't lived in a capitalist society for some time now, it is entirely corporatist/fascist. It's the job of the government to prevent infringement on the freedom of all companies by making sure the big guys don't pick on the little ones; this is the ROLE of government in capitalism. They have singularly failed at this, and it's not just the Republicans, as Moore makes it out to be. Obama is socializing the businesses, but these are the same businesses that have lobbied the govt for decades and gotten their way. Do you really think they aren't going to be in any control once the government dictates even MORE of what's to happen? Are they really all just going to stop lobbying when they can lobby for even MORE power? Even if you think Obama is trustworthy and will abstain from giving in, he will not be president forever, and the next guy may not be so pristine. Expand
  18. RickH
    Sep 29, 2009
    It was painful to watch until the end.. His disdain for America is so strong you can feel hatred oozing out of almost every seen.
  19. JohnV
    Oct 13, 2009
    Would it be too capitalistic to ask for my money back? Moore comes off as a fake and a phony. Do as I say not as I do kinda guy. Movie wanders and makes little sense.
  20. TimS
    Oct 17, 2009
    Michael Moore never quite gets to the point in this movie, and that alone makes it worthless.
  21. KevinS
    Sep 25, 2009
    Biased, misleading, and fraudulent. Michael Moore at his best. The left wing media will probably love this movie.
  22. JonS
    Sep 26, 2009
    This guy seriously is a propagandist. Talk about a one sided debate.
  23. EliJ.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Wow, I don't think Moore is even trying anymore. I think he's just preying on random shit now, be it true or not. He cant prey on the conservatives anymore now that Obamas in office so he's resorted to singling out flaws in capitalism. In all its really not surprising. Its typical behavior for a bleeding heart liberal.
  24. GregG
    Sep 29, 2009
    Capitalism is not a system. It is people interacting and trading goods and labor as they so choose. The idea that this so-called "system" is evil is beyond laughable; it's ignorant.

1. Reviewed by: Mark Salisbury
    With the global economic meltdown affecting just about everybody, the film is pertinent, hugely entertaining, and, above all, timely.
  2. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    This is a typical Moore oeuvre: funny, often over the top and of dubious documentation, but with strongly made points that leave viewers much to ponder and debate after they walk out of the theater.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Whether Capitalism matches "Fahrenheit 9/11" or underperforms like "Sicko" will depend on how much workers of the world are ready to unite behind the message.