6.7

1. Nov 2, 2010
    Even if what is said or shown in this documentary is true, I can't help but to feel some of the same anger shown here against the banks and capitalism towards Michael himself. Why didn't he release this movie for free, it's easy to talk but it's not easy actually doing what you preach.
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    While not quite as good as the other documentaries Moore has made (probably because of its much larger scope of the film), "Capitalism: A Love Story" is still rather engaging. Showing the dark side of the American version of capitalism, Moore actively tries to push his audience to rethink their lives, values, and understandings and hopefully lead the charge of difference. This film,While not quite as good as the other documentaries Moore has made (probably because of its much larger scope of the film), "Capitalism: A Love Story" is still rather engaging. Showing the dark side of the American version of capitalism, Moore actively tries to push his audience to rethink their lives, values, and understandings and hopefully lead the charge of difference. This film, unlike some of his previous, ends on a rather optimistic note - we can bring change about; and that is rather refreshing when it comes to Moore. We have seen with our own eyes that the positive trends he had described are happening in Wisconsin, for example. It is a film that many Americans need to watch and, if nothing else, rethink their stances about issues the film talks about. Moore does not demand of you to become a Socialist and take down the US - he just tells you that there is another way. And that, quite frankly, is all that a good filmmaker can do: guide you, and hope you will make the right choice. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2010
    Haven't heard people cheer and applaud a movie in a loooong time. At times harrowing but also uplifting to see how people have beaten such greed from banks and dirty politics. Lets just hope George Bush Jr. reaps what he sows one day.
  4. Sep 19, 2010
    As usual, Michael Moore mixes up some incredibly interesting factual information with absurd political ideas. It's worth watching for the ties between Goldman Sachs and the US Government. Unfortunately he ruins his expose with his personal politics.
  5. Oct 22, 2010
    This genius epic, another great film by politically-aware Michael Moore, is filled with truth. There is even some humor. It makes true statements and talks about...well...you know...capitalism. Underrated and entertaining.
  6. May 18, 2012
    Capitalism: A Love Story is a fine piece of political documenting. It's not overtly shocking or revelatory (rich people are greedy... Who would've guessed?) and it plays up the violin-swelling sympathy a bit too much, but it still riles the viewer up nicely and makes you want to start kicking things. Although, the half-hearted nature in which Moore starts to 'harass' Wall Street suggestsCapitalism: A Love Story is a fine piece of political documenting. It's not overtly shocking or revelatory (rich people are greedy... Who would've guessed?) and it plays up the violin-swelling sympathy a bit too much, but it still riles the viewer up nicely and makes you want to start kicking things. Although, the half-hearted nature in which Moore starts to 'harass' Wall Street suggests that he might well balk at the very riot he's trying to incite. Expand
  7. Mar 20, 2011
    Hilarious, shocking, sad. Michael Moore is amazingly talented in artistically putting together documentaries that make difficult topics understandable to almost everyone in an entertaining way. Highly recommended.
  8. Jun 22, 2011
    It seems as if corporate America finally owns enough of us, our culture and our politics to obliterate the truths of this film and crush any hope of revelation much less revolution. But I don't believe that, and Capitalism: A Love Story reminds me not to. The giant is still sleeping is all. When it wakes up, look out.
  9. Sep 3, 2011
    Pretty eye-opening if slightly one-sided documentary.Interviews with certain families who have fallen victim to the capitalist regime are very haunting and provocative.It offers a certain hope while completely dismantling the system.Subversive and very funny at times.Everyone should see it.
  10. Dec 27, 2011
    "Capitalism: A Love Story" - Brief review. (B)

"Capitalism: A Love Story" - Brief review. (B)

Chances are, C:ALS is the sort of movie you were going to see, or you weren't. If you agree with Moore and his politics, you'd probably check it out - if you are anti-Moore, you probably wouldn't. I am not particularly pro or Anti-Moore, personally I find him to be a bit abrasive at times, but I also like some of his ideas. I dug Roger and Me, as well as pieces of his other films. Rabble rousers gotta make noise I guess.

Capitalism and our system is something I have a lot of views on, people know know me have probably heard and rolled their eyes at them - so this movie was of particular interest to me. As a MOVIE, I give it a B. Strong start, sags a bit in the middle, and a rally to the finish makes it interesting and enjoyable. It's emotional, there are some very interest pieces of film, and some simply funny stuff. I did find it to be a bit too long clocking in over 2 hours and 10 minutes. The movie itself is more or less a "documentary" about Capitalism in our society, and more specifically the last 30 years as the business interests have changed the rules of the game and how it has changed (and as argued by Moore, is destroying) the middle class. It touches on some neat historical notes, some "highlights" of the political and financial fiascos of the last 30 years, and touches on a few stories of real Americans and workers and how they have been effected. Other interesting scenes involve Moore asking Wall Street insiders to explain "Derivatives", which as it turns out, is a fancy way for investors to get out of paying taxes. Really, I think it's the sort of movie everyone should see if for no other reason to bring up some discussion and debate. It throws some interesting alternatives at you, as well as challenges the Conservative/Religious marriage by talking to religious figures about "WWJD" in regards to Capitalism as we know it. Everyone should probably google search "Citibank Plutocracy Memo", as well as "FDR's 2nd Bill of Rights" - a fantastic idea that seemed to die with him. A few of the Congresspeople who resisted the financial bailout bill also had some striking things to add as well.

So, I hope most of you who think there's something a little fishy going on around here and are open minded give it a shot when it comes out on video. This week would probably be the last chance you have at it in the theaters, and that's if you live near a large 12+ screen movieplex.
  11. Jan 6, 2012
    this is really a good movie ! It tell us about the bad side of capiitalism !! But it just tell about economy, there still are many bad side such as: enviroment, etc

1. Reviewed by: Mark Salisbury
    With the global economic meltdown affecting just about everybody, the film is pertinent, hugely entertaining, and, above all, timely.
  2. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    This is a typical Moore oeuvre: funny, often over the top and of dubious documentation, but with strongly made points that leave viewers much to ponder and debate after they walk out of the theater.
  3. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Whether Capitalism matches "Fahrenheit 9/11" or underperforms like "Sicko" will depend on how much workers of the world are ready to unite behind the message.