6.3

1. EvaH.
    Jun 18, 2010
    Unreliable character sketches - in particular the PTSD case is far out. But beautiful views.
  2. EricM.
    Aug 20, 2001
    By the time it got to the German looking for survivors to put out of their misery, I was shouting in the theatre: "Shoot me!" Haven't heard accents that bad since "Murder, She Wrote."
  3. ChristineN.
    May 28, 2002
    Horrible !! WHAT a shame that beautifull and compelling book was so badly represented. The actors chosed to play the main characters did nothing to bring them to life = Cruz was just too THIN to be a believable Greek beauty and her acting was horrendous - as for Cage he spoiled the whole movie with his dreadful accent which kept slipping . The only saving grace was the photography.
  4. DarcyF.
    Sep 29, 2001
    I thought it was terrible. And I'm not just talking about accents. Penelope Cruz is an absolutely horrendous actress - I would rather watch an episode of the Muppets than endure her attempts at acting again. Nicolas Cage is a very beautiful man, and an exellent actor, but not even he could save this movie (and I hate to stoop to the levels of every other critic on the globe, but I thought it was terrible. And I'm not just talking about accents. Penelope Cruz is an absolutely horrendous actress - I would rather watch an episode of the Muppets than endure her attempts at acting again. Nicolas Cage is a very beautiful man, and an exellent actor, but not even he could save this movie (and I hate to stoop to the levels of every other critic on the globe, but let's be honest - his accent was really bad). The story was unimpressive and stretched out, I couldn't understand what Cruz or Cage was saying, and the only remotely enjoyable thing in the whole movie was the scenery. But, the movie's saving grace was, to me, just another thing to complain about - If I want to see beautiful scene, I will go to a holiday web-site. The only other film that disappointed me as much as this one was A.I. Expand
  5. Alexander
    May 14, 2003
    I thought this was a terrible adaptation of the book, some of the very humerous facts where cut out. Especially what happened to Pelagia and Captain Corelli. I also thought the acting was terrible and I did not think much of Nicolas Cage as Captain Corelli thought I do think he is a good actor but just not in this film because of the accent. I am sorry but that is why I have given this I thought this was a terrible adaptation of the book, some of the very humerous facts where cut out. Especially what happened to Pelagia and Captain Corelli. I also thought the acting was terrible and I did not think much of Nicolas Cage as Captain Corelli thought I do think he is a good actor but just not in this film because of the accent. I am sorry but that is why I have given this move such a low rating Expand
  6. JimD.
    Mar 14, 2002
    What on earth happened to that wonderful, touching, fascinating novel? Everything special about the book has been leeched out for this terrible film.

1. Reviewed by: David Edelstein
    Probably the most horrifying stuff I've seen all week.
  2. Handsomely weathered John Hurt, as Pelagia's father, gives a performance of such unhackneyed dignity that it provides a moral compass for the action and helps to keep the ricocheting emotional content of the film in balance.
    Strives for comprehensive coverage of its theme of forbidden love.