7.0

1. Muriel
    Mar 6, 2007
    Cristina/Sofia's acceptance of her "new" family, as depicted, seems abrupt and rushed, and at times the acting is self-conscious, but in spite of some flaws, it is an emotionally powerful film. I agree that the Metascore is unduly low.
  2. MarceloM.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Wonderful movie, wonderful performances, great script. I have NO idea why critics gave it this score... and gave Borat an 85!
  3. DannyV.D.
    Dec 25, 2006
    Yep, this is an almost perfect movie. I saw this movie a few months ago in the local filmclub, it's still in my yop 3 of the movies i've seen in 2006. Some critics should find another job, too bad it's impossible to find the region 2 dvd in english.

1. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    Gripping drama.
  2. Reviewed by: Jordan Harper
    This intriguing debut by Argentinean writer-director Gaston Biraben sets up a lot of tough choices before finally taking the easy way out.
    The middle section of the film has some of the superficiality of a made-for-Lifetime drama of female distress and resilience, a bit too eager to make its points and solve its dramatic problems at the cost of the messiness that would bring the story fully to life.