Carlos

7.8

1. Jul 21, 2011
    The movie is quite good from the start. and maintains attention for hour and half then after words all of sudden it becomes so boring its hard to realize that its the same movie. You continue watching in hope that something interesting will happen. but all in despair. its better to turn it off after one and half hour then to waste your time.
  2. Aug 23, 2012
    A pretty well done gritty, raw biopic. Well written, and well acted, hits all the high points of this ruthless terrorist. Where this film fell short for me was the lack of motivation that is portrayed in Carlos, and the brevity of most of the plot points. Whether this is from lack of information on the character or lack of time in the film is hard to know, but for me it kept the film fromA pretty well done gritty, raw biopic. Well written, and well acted, hits all the high points of this ruthless terrorist. Where this film fell short for me was the lack of motivation that is portrayed in Carlos, and the brevity of most of the plot points. Whether this is from lack of information on the character or lack of time in the film is hard to know, but for me it kept the film from being the completely satisfying picture of this character that I was hoping for. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Dec 30, 2010
    Part of the accomplishment of Carlos is the sheer accumulation of detail the movie amasses, and the longer running time gives you a deeper sense of the terrorist lifestyle, and when and why Ilich gradually succumbed to ego and self-glorification without realizing it.
  2. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Dec 7, 2010
    I haven't seen the shorter version, but I would hate to lose one moment of the gripping 66-minute sequence-really the heart of the movie-in which Carlos plots and executes his spectacular 1975 raid on the meeting of OPEC ministers in Vienna.
  3. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    Oct 28, 2010
    Carlos moves like a greyhound out of the gate, fleet and assured and focused on the business at hand. It's a subtle, ultimately staggering portrayal of a bloody-minded ideologue who convinced only himself.