IFC Films | Release Date: October 15, 2010
7.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 62 Ratings
Watch Now
PeeryDoJan 11, 2011
Long, predictable,and has been done again, and again. If the critics like it I'll see the lowest rated films they list first. If it's not political, they don't like it. Can't we get an honest review??
KaasbradenOct 23, 2010
Okay, it had some good points: the scenery was pretty, the acting was competent, the photography was in focus.
But, so unoriginal! Couldn't they come up with something fresh and new, instead of this predictable rehash of The Assignment? They even stole the main character's name from The Day of the Jackal? Get real!
NavyBeanDec 30, 2012
I'm shocked by the high ratings. I saw the short version, so maybe that has something to do with it, but this movie was ALL TALK.

You have no idea who Carlos is, other than a glory seeker with an un-articulated affinity to a cause. There are lots of scenes with talking but there is nothing behind them. Carlos is as ineffable at the end as the beginning. The OPEC scene and the scene with the Venezuelan student's apartment are decent, but made even more stark by the nothingness that happens for the rest of the film. And you get the feeling things are going on off camera, but you get no feeling for why anyone would treat this guy with ANY respect much less risk providing him sanctuary.

Maybe the 5 hour thing is better, but I could never bring myself to sit through it. A waste of three hours.