6.3

1. Jul 26, 2014
    Screw you for killing the pig in the movie Hollywood you god damn savages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Jul 19, 2014
    In order for a remake to really work it has to have its own clear spin on the original template, unfortunately Carrie doesn’t really seem to know what it wants to be. For large parts it is more high school movie than horror movie (a montage featuring the song Diane Young by Vampire Weekend is so completely out of place as to be almost comical) and never comes close to recreating the creepy atmosphere of the original. The central performance from the talented Moretz stops things from completely falling apart, even when the dialogue is at its most clunky, but with the original still standing up fine this is an almost completely pointless remake. Expand
  3. Jul 18, 2014
    The Alternate Ending is a copy of , A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 The Dream Child, Carrie (2013) has scenes of Carrie (1976) . The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999). A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 The Dream Child (1989). Carrie looks like Phoenix in X-Men: The Last Stand . The Incredible Hulk. this movie is not horror.
  4. Jul 17, 2014
    The acting is bad, the special effects feel lumpy and are WAY too much, the scene transitions are confusing, and it deviates from the original story without adding anything of value. I love Julian Moore, but she could not capture the haunting feel Piper Laurie did in the original. This is a perfect example of how special effects can destroy a movie. I expected way more. Just go watch the original, because this one cannot hold a candle to it. Expand
  5. Jul 16, 2014
    Carrie (2013) is one of the worst remakes with, A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) i don't know why this got remade, and this remake of Carrie doesn't add anything new , the biggest flaw in this remake has to do with the ethereal beauty of its leading ladys, Chloë Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore.
  6. Jul 16, 2014
    Why the didn't cast unknown actress to play Carrie White ?, i think they cast Chloe Grace Moretz because all the people loves the movie Kick-Ass, and that is a pity there are so many unknown actress in hollywood who like to play that role.
  7. Jul 15, 2014
    in my opinion, This are the worst remakes of the classics horror movies, Carrie (2013). Psycho (1998). Halloween (2007) . A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) . The Fog (2005). The Omen (2006) . Children of the Corn (2009) . Friday the 13th (2009) .
  8. Jul 15, 2014
    I have noticed that Carrie (2013) is a copy of The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999), the scene when they are recording Rachel and Jesse having sex and in the end they play the tape in the party in the big screen, and that's scene is in Carrie (2013), when the girls are recording Carrie when she had her first period, and in the end they play the video on the big screen in the prom, Carrie (2013) is a copy of Carrie (1976) and The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999). Expand
  9. Jul 14, 2014
    Carrie (2013), you watch it once then you never watch it again! , The casting choices had a lot left to be desired, Julianne Moore as Margaret White wasn't scary or creppy , i laughed my socks off when i see her in this movie.
  10. Jul 14, 2014
    After almost 38 years Carrie 1976, people are still talking about the original film. It will forever be considered a successful classic film that people will remember and still talk about for years to come.

Will the 2013 version have that kind of impact 38 years from now? Most definitely NO!
  11. Jul 14, 2014
    I just seen Carrie 2013, WTF this movie is a copy of Carrie 1976, what change in this Carrie 2013 is Carrie White and Margaret White, There are sexy and beautiful and the cgi is bad and the movie is bad directed, Why a remake of Carrie 1976, that movie is creppy and scary

Read more books hollywood there are great storys out there.
  12. R18
    Jul 13, 2014
    I don't believe, a girl with that age and beautiful as Chloë Grace Moretz, the boy's don't date her, every nerds in school see a pretty girl as Chloë Moretz they want to date a girl like that, cast Chloë Moretz for the role of Carrie White in this movie it was so wrong of Kimberly Peirce , i think this is the worst cast that a director or producer did in a movie.
  13. Jul 8, 2014
    The worst remake i seen in 2013, The 70's version was so much better....to me, it had more emotion....was much more touching....much better acting...Piper Laurie was great as a religious nut. Sissy Spacek was an excellent Carrie White.
  14. Jul 8, 2014
    Firstly I hated that she used her hands to move things as opposed to just looking at them ! It looked far too Harry potter for my liking, really annoyed me, and yes this Carrie can fly has Superman and she can break the road as The Incredible Hulk , this movie is not horror it is a kid's movie.
  15. Jul 7, 2014
    Another pointless remake of a classic, ruined , it has nothing new to say and works with an original that didn't need remaking , The writing is awful bad acting and it is funny
  16. Jul 7, 2014
    Seriously, Carrie 2013 is not a horror movie it is X-Men movies ,why Carrie White fly in this movie and moves her arms she looks like her dad is Magneto , one of the worst remakes I have ever seen.
  17. Jul 7, 2014
    Awful acting, i prefer watching Wicker Man (2006), The Wicker Man remake is one the worst acting of Nicolas Cage but it is better than Carrie 2013, Carrie 2013 wasn't scary it is a funny movie ,and Wicker Man (2006) is a funny movie too , OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!
  18. Jul 6, 2014
    i'm sure if chloe moretz is not in this movie the people want like it , Imagine if the role of Carrie White was unknown actress would you like this movie ? , in my poor opinion i think that Kimberly Peirce ruined the movie.
  19. Jul 6, 2014
    Worst Unnecessary Remakes I Seen In My Life ,Psycho (1998). Carrie (2013). Planet Of The Apes (2001). The Fog (2005). A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010). Prom Night (2008). The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008). Flubber (1997). The Stepfather (2009). Clash Of The Titans (2010). The Wicker Man (2006)
  20. Jul 6, 2014
    Terrible Movie!! , Chloë Grace Moretz which I believe she wasn't right for the role , julianne moore as margaret white she looks like she was in a comedy movie of scary movies ,and all the cast very bad acting
  21. Jul 6, 2014
    Horrible and a total waste of time and money ,this should have never been remade ,Everytime I watch it gets worse and worse, and The originals usually surpass the remakes ,this is the only moved i ever walked out of in a theater
  22. Jul 6, 2014
    But why a remake of Carrie , Sissy Spacek and Piper were nominated for the Oscar and the Golden Globes for Carrie in 1977 ,Carrie (1976) is a classic horror movies of the 70's ,The Exorcist (1973) ,The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) , Jaws (1975) ,The Omen (1976) ,Carrie (1976) ,Halloween (1978) ,Alien (1979) , the best horror movies of the 70's
  23. Jun 13, 2014
    Consensus: While definitely has its moments and a talented cast Carrie (2013) is hampered by its awful CGI effects, lacks of suspense and originality. 50/100 (C)

I saw the original few months ago, it was shocking and devastating as hell. Why? Because you care of the characters and the story keeps you intrigued and concerned. Sissy spacek (Carrie 1976) was perfect for the role of Carrie,
    her performance is natural and genuine, she was born to play Carrie. She is pretty creepy and Chloe Grace-Moretz is pretty adorable, Chloe is an amazing actress, she was perfect in "Let Me In" she fits perfectly with her character there, but she here as Carrie? Hell no!.

The prom scene has no suspense, everything happens so fast, could be more memorable and enjoyable but it is not. It's a film without any inspiration maybe just a little bit. I like the performances of Juilanne Moore and Judy Greer, the film has some scary moments but nothing memorable enough to be a success. This film deserves to be a failure.

Moretz fakes and forces too much her performance and her character throughout the film. Her acting is very forced and it is not genuine, it seems that she tries to outdo Sissy Spacek. I know her, she's talented but first of all "Carrie" doesn't needs a remake! first strike, Moretz just doesn't fits with the character, two strikes and finally the film lacks of suspense and the special effects are awful, three strikes, dear Carrie (2013) you're out!. Visit my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx Twitter: @MemoBosque
  24. Jun 8, 2014
    I don't know why I keep watching remakes, because it seems like I am always disappointed. I suppose I feel that with all the new technology to come along in the past 30 years, these films will only get better once they are enhanced and edited, but the truth is that they are always missing something important, and rarely do justice to the original. The remake of Carrie isn't all that different from the original, just modernized, as Carrie is a loser, who with puberty discovers an amazing power. She tries to hide it, but when pushed, ultimately uses it for evil, it's a classic Stephen King story, that most people already know and there in lies part of the problem. Assuming that most people know the story, a lot of information about Carrie is omitted, leaving the film little to go on. They quickly jump into the story and for a long time have nowhere to go with it. Kick-Asses Chloe Moretz stars as Carrie, and while her performance was outstanding, it is wasted in this film. They really played up the religious angel and Carrie's mother, played poorly by Julianna Moore. Yes, it was creepy and that's what they wanted, but it was so over the top and in your face, that it quickly becomes tiresome. The producers of this film had all the tools to recreate this Horror classic, but fail miserably, as their take on the story was abbreviated and way over the top. Expand
  25. May 29, 2014
    Although the scare factor was limited, it was apparent a lot of effort went into the premise of the story, which was excellently executed and well acted. Carrie was an enjoyable movie, with several hiccups. But never failed to leave you bored or disinterested. Excellent pacing and tension really favored in the direction of the movie. Worth a rent.
  26. May 25, 2014
    Better than the monotonous dragged out original. This remake actually moves swiftly and has a bigger more exciting climax. All the filler story in between was funny and suspenseful at times.
  27. May 25, 2014
    A an excellent horror movie that doesn't rely on idiotic sound effects and cliché scare tactics but shows the horror through the characters. An entertaining film that kept its intensity from beginning to end.
  28. May 9, 2014
    Carrie is a competent horror remake that, predictably, misses out on some of the essence that makes the original such a masterpiece. Although fine, this remade version pushes the horror elements in your face all the time, where as the original was more subtle. Still... The climax is still fun.
  29. Apr 12, 2014
    It's Impressive how these people try so hard to do a remake of a film that don't need, making a really good movie (the old ones) into this mess, small and tennager horror movie, this is really a "don't need remake"
  30. Feb 23, 2014
    There are some good things and some bad things about this remake of Carrie, hence the mediocre rating. Let's start with the bad things. First of all, the stereotypes are so absurd and overblown that the film is at times tough to get through due to the ridiculousness of it. Anyone who has been in high school can tell that the stereotype these films portray it to be is very off base. This movie goes further than most with it. Another weak element was the lack of development for the protagonist. The movie hinges on you pitying Carrie and all she goes through and then turning that pity on its head in the closing scenes. Without any substantial development, however, there is a disconnect between the audience and the viewer. This makes the closing scenes more superficial. Speaking of Carrie, Chloe Grace Moretz is one of the best young actors in Hollywood but she struggled at times, especially early on. I don't know if that's what the director was shooting for but her introverted behavior didn't feel natural at all. Nonetheless, there were other times when she was incredible, which brings us to the positives in the movie. The acting by most of the cast was very good and Julianne Moore was brilliant. She stole the movie, in my opinion. One of the best things about the movie, funny enough, is the alternate ending. I'm not sure why they didn't use that one but wow, it is so much better than the theatrical one. I'd suggest anyone watching this movie to watch that version. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jamie Graham
    Nov 29, 2013
    One of the more solid ’70s horror remakes, but it lacks the verve and potency, romance and heartache of the original. Still, the haircuts are a vast improvement...
  2. Reviewed by: Cath Clarke
    Nov 26, 2013
    Moretz is unnervingly talented, but Carrie is not a role she was born to play. She hasn’t a victim’s bone in her body and fluffs the early scenes when the mean girls pick on her.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Dinning
    Nov 25, 2013
    A remake that doesn’t see the legacy of Carrie White burn in hell. But not one that adds much to it either.