5.9

1. Jul 5, 2012
    Although visually amazing, it lacks of a good plot and originality. It almost seems like a not very good James Bond movie. And I thought the main character was McQueen!! It had his funny moments, but not even that could save Cars 2 from blowing!
  2. Aug 28, 2012
    while theres not alot of character development in here it is still a site to see......................................................................
  3. Mar 23, 2013
    This was OK, but a serious let down from the first! Watching this was hard, cause I wanted to like it after watching the first, but like others have said, this was a money grab.I guess I wasn't surprised cause I did wonder what could they possibly do with a second part. Sadly they had no clue just like me.
  4. Jul 29, 2013
    As a huge fan of pixar I had high hopes for this movie after finding the original fairly enjoyable but this film just annoyed me. The worst and most irritating character from the original film (Mater) is made the main focus of this movie, and he is insufferable. In my opinion this character rivals jar-jar binks in terms of being incredibly annoying. The overall plot of the film is a spy flick crossed with some fast and furious for kids action. The portions with mater are annoying and the portions with the racing are nothing new or exciting, I did not laugh at any of the jokes, which compared to pixars other movies, some of which are incredibly funny, is very disappointing. The films animation is top notch, so it is at least nice to look at but other than that the movie is by far the worst pixar has ever created. Expand
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    If there was a Pixar film I could trade for to see Pixar movies I missed in theaters, it would easily be Cars 2. Such a huge leap from the first movie. It lacked story and just sped by the running time with guns ablaze and cars exploding. I think the violence is justified here since most of the characters are vehicles but there is no reason to turn a sequel into an action film.
  6. Jul 14, 2013
    Pixar jamas ha logrado tan bajo desempeño en sus peliculas se supone que pixar se saca las mejores peliculas no las peores una pelicula que destroza la buena reputacion de Cars.
  7. Jun 12, 2013
    Why do people hate this movie, I mean sure its not Pixar's best but it's still great, its a funny spy movie with likeable characters, I mean how could people not like the characters. What's wrong with a spy car, a race car, and a tow truck. This movie is not Pixar's worst movie
  8. Aug 26, 2013
    I would rate this as a four if it were made by some other studio, but Pixar? We expect better!
    The first Cars film was just boring, this one is insipidly stupid. My little sister who is barely past the age of six couldn't enjoy this film.
  9. Jul 4, 2013
    You may call it a crime to like "Cars 2", but I truly did. While its storytelling isn't spectacular and has similar elements that has been done before, it has visuals, humor, and well written scenes that somehow make up for it. "Cars 2" is a kid film that isn't shallow and stupid, it's complex and full of fun energy. It could be the worst Pixar film, but it's better than nearly three-fourths of the animated films that come out today. Expand
  10. Oct 11, 2013
    As a pixar loved, I loved the first cars (well technically all of them), but the second was a BIG MESS! What happened here? boring characters, predictable spy plot and a lot more!
    Try harder, Pixar.
  11. Nov 12, 2013
    Compared to this movie, 'Cars' is all realistic and seems possible. I suspect it's because this sequel is so convoluted that's the biggest laugh you can get out the whole film. Mater is the only interesting thing, as I found every other car annoying. 'Cars' should have stayed within the range of simple anthropomorphic vehicles, not anthropomorphic spy cars.
  12. Mar 26, 2014
    Surprisingly, Cars 2 manages to be better than the first Cars by an iota. The scenes are still cheesy and unnecessarily long, and the story is a bore. Skip it.
  13. Oct 31, 2013
    in my opinion thisis the worst film that walt disney pixar has ever made so far,the first movie wasn't so good at all,this second movie is even worst then the first one.
  14. Apr 13, 2014
    Cars 2 is a sequel to the 2006 animated film, Cars, once again proves its title over the visionary field of technical excellence. Here, not only the characters are well-voiced but also it's visuals have improved that often looks glorious and stunning. It has many amazing action sequences and exploding scenes but this film is technically does not belong to PIxar's top mastery works. Cars 2 is the only sequel that received a rotten rating from all other rating websites; and the question is, Why? It is because of its carelessly handled storytelling that's so complicated to understand that it wants to become like the greatest action movie you never before seen on animation -- intended to become like a James Bond film or any spy film. So because of that bad storytelling. We can see now that Pixar somehow loses magic and credibility in crafting innovative, original, and outstanding stories which we have seen from its past Academy Award winning films like those of Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up, and Toy Story 3. No heartfelt or improving drama, no cleverly crafted gags. Cars 2, fairly, does not belong to the list of the worst animations produced on screen but it is rendered as a mediocre film. Overall, it's still watchable and quite enjoyable for some scenes which are somewhat smart, intelligent and quite funny. Expand
  15. Mar 19, 2014
    cars two was a better sequel . everything is just like the 50's like james bond . but people and critics hated it it is 99 % true it does suck . but i hope there's not a cars 3 . larry the cable as matter is gay that's not an a opinion it is true
  16. Apr 1, 2014
    If you could use just one word to describe this film, it is pointless. Just a worthless sequel made with probably some of the weakest story telling ever. There was a lot of cliche things in this film that felt so pointless and stupid; the characters also didn't feel as memorable in this as they did in the first Cars, they just felt bland and also that addition of making Mater like a secret agent or something, that's just not fitting for the Cars series really when comparing this to the first film. It's a shame that Pixar actually made a film like this, I mean PIXAR! The company that has made so many masterpieces like the Toy Story films, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Wall-E; now this, Pixar's first film that's only point was just to sell a bunch of toys. I would not recommend this film, after seeing this I was hoping that Pixar would never do something like this again, well apparently they inspired The Planes series, which looks terrible (luckily they are not making those) but it doesn't stop there, Pixar may have pleased a lot of fans announcing The Incredibles 2, but while doing that they also displeased us by announcing Cars 3. This is not Pixar, I remember when every film Pixar made was great and had no intention of just existing just to make money, but to also tell amazing stories. While Pixar isn't completely doomed today (I did like MU), I just wonder if they'll ever make a new film that actually has quality and lives up to their oldest and most classic films. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Freer
    Jul 18, 2011
    It's not vintage Pixar, but Cars 2 is still streets ahead of most of the animated pack. For all its energy and Bondian panache, perhaps its problems are insurmountable: Pixar's cars - and their universe - don't resonate and endear as much as its toys, monsters, clownfish and OAP dreamers.
  2. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Jun 30, 2011
    A rare dud from Pixar.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 26, 2011
    Marginally better than its predecessor, but the same problem still remains: Cars just aren't very interesting as anthropomorphic animation vehicles (pun intended).