5.9

1. Jun 27, 2011
    Very disappointing! Rambo is a kid story compared to this unbelievable Cars 2! If I knew the movie would be so violent I wouldn't take my son to watch it!
  2. Jun 27, 2011
    Truly the weakest pixar movie.It emphasised on random subplots,it was entertatining but i expected alot more!!! plus there is no racing this time so...yeah
  3. Jun 27, 2011
    When there are parents and children up and walking around the theater literally during the entire movie, you know it's not holding anyone's attention. Most of the best jokes are in the movie trailer. We were very disappointed.
  4. Jun 26, 2011
    Pixar's first true bomb. Even technically, it's at best of average and inconsistent quality. The first few scenes in Radiator Springs made me gasp out loud at how hurried and lifeless it looked compared to the loving attention to detail given to the first film. With cutout facsimiles of the original characters, an overly complex, confusing and dialogue besieging plot, and devoid of thePixar's first true bomb. Even technically, it's at best of average and inconsistent quality. The first few scenes in Radiator Springs made me gasp out loud at how hurried and lifeless it looked compared to the loving attention to detail given to the first film. With cutout facsimiles of the original characters, an overly complex, confusing and dialogue besieging plot, and devoid of the heart and wit found in every other Pixar movie, I look forward to the documentary made to reveal the truth about how this awful train wreck of a movie came to be. Unbelievably disappointing. Expand
  5. Jun 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Car 2, a John Lasseter film. This piece of crap does not deserve to where the Pixar label. The only redeeming quality of the film was the incredible location artwork. Lasseter vilifies the very industry that supplies the raw materials used to make all the plastic toys they hoped to sell. Pixar should not bother with Incredibles 2 if it will receive the same treatment. Expand
  6. Jun 25, 2011
    I don't think I have ever or will ever again give a 1 out of 10 but Cars 2 deserved it. I mean Troll 2 and The Room were at least funny when they were bad. This film made me want to vomit. Larry The Cable Guys dumbed down stupid jokes are only funny for a little while then they just become borderline retarded. Don't ever waste your money on such a horrible film.
  7. Jun 25, 2011
    [adult review]I am a huge Pixar fan. The only Pixar movies I don't like are the original Cars and of course their worst movie ever, Wall-e. That said, I didn't like Cars 2, but I disliked it less than the other two aforementioned movies. Overall I'd say this movie scores 1 from an adult perspective.

[child review] to be fair this movie is really just for kids. And viewed from that perspective is an entirely great movie. Lots of action, bright colors, and funny characters. From the child's perspective I'd estimate this movie would hit around about an 8. Thus, my score is the average of the two rounded down to the nearest number.
  8. Jun 25, 2011
    As an ardent fan of the first Cars, I'm shocked at what an absolute mess this movie is. I expected to be a bit disappointed; I didn't expect to leave the theater shaking my head. By far the worst film ever released by Pixar, this one officially breaks their magic streak. They took all the heart and artistry of the first movie, and just chucked it out the window on their way to cashing inAs an ardent fan of the first Cars, I'm shocked at what an absolute mess this movie is. I expected to be a bit disappointed; I didn't expect to leave the theater shaking my head. By far the worst film ever released by Pixar, this one officially breaks their magic streak. They took all the heart and artistry of the first movie, and just chucked it out the window on their way to cashing in on all the merchandising possibilities. Owen Wilson may as well have not even shown up, because McQueen is relegated to a minor character in this film, as Mater becomes the centerpiece of a ridiculous (and almost completely unfunny) spy plot. Many reviewers have commented this was aimed at younger audiences than the first film, but no children's animated film you will see this year (or possibly ever) does more to glorify gun violence.
    Occasional glimmers of humor and clever touches are eclipsed by a bewildering, written-by-committee plot that tries to do too much and accomplishes too little.
    Upon leaving my 5 year-old son asked me "What was that movie about...?" I honestly couldn't answer him.
  9. Jun 24, 2011
    Terribly disappointing. Very little attention paid to the characters or the animation. Clearly a money grab. Avoid this movie at all cost, the studio should pay for the crap they have delivered.
  10. Jun 24, 2011
    I thought Pixar was better than this. I thought they were above doing cashgrabs. Well, looks like they've been corupted. Cars 2 is a movie that's made only for the money, and it shows. Yes, it's got great animation, good voice acting, and fun action, but everything else is so below Pixar's and even Dreamworks's level. It's very unfunny, Mater was so annoying, the story was so boring,I thought Pixar was better than this. I thought they were above doing cashgrabs. Well, looks like they've been corupted. Cars 2 is a movie that's made only for the money, and it shows. Yes, it's got great animation, good voice acting, and fun action, but everything else is so below Pixar's and even Dreamworks's level. It's very unfunny, Mater was so annoying, the story was so boring, thrown together, and hollow, and the whole movie is just a very mediocre and boring animated movie. C'mon Pixar. You're better than this crap. Expand
  11. Jun 24, 2011
    a loving comedy but its dumb why pixar u dazzle us with ur crative mind but not anymore i rather say go see KUNG FU PANDA 2 then this. this should be uses as a punishment than a gift
  12. Jun 24, 2011
    This film is terrible. You may ask yourself, why did Pixar make a sequel to their objectively worst film ever? Why give Mater and Larry the Cable Guy, arguably the worst "comedian" ever, more screen presence? I'll tell you why. Cars has made 8 BILLION dollars in merchandise sales since it's release. Yes, 8 billion. $8,000,000,000. Really, they would be stupid not to make another one. TheyThis film is terrible. You may ask yourself, why did Pixar make a sequel to their objectively worst film ever? Why give Mater and Larry the Cable Guy, arguably the worst "comedian" ever, more screen presence? I'll tell you why. Cars has made 8 BILLION dollars in merchandise sales since it's release. Yes, 8 billion. $8,000,000,000. Really, they would be stupid not to make another one. They are, after all, a business. They're in it for the money. But they should seriously at least attempt to retain their artistic integrity. Since Cars, Pixar released not only their four greatest films, but four of the greatest animated films ever made. They broke their streak with this film. They're artistic geniuses, they're capable of so much more, yet they squander it on this trash. They sacrifice their honor in the name of the all-mighty dollar. So take your kids to see this piece of filth, buy them their Cars toys and backpacks and lunchboxes. Contribute to the artistic downfall of the greatest animation studio ever. This is a terrible film. I gave it an honest chance because Toy Story 3 was a sequel that outdid both of the previous films, proving Pixar can pull of cashgrabs while making a quality film, but this is a piece of trash. If Brave doesn't prove they can continue the quality we saw in movies like Wall-E and Up, I honestly will lose all faith in Pixar. Expand
  13. Jun 24, 2011
    Big mess, lot of noise, the audience is not required to understand what's going on, who and how. Humans are replaced by talking cars, boats and airplanes, to get used to that half of the movie would have gone. If this movie is intended for kids, they didn't understand it, if it is for grownups they didn't like it. There is no real storyline, scattered events, non-related, just to have theBig mess, lot of noise, the audience is not required to understand what's going on, who and how. Humans are replaced by talking cars, boats and airplanes, to get used to that half of the movie would have gone. If this movie is intended for kids, they didn't understand it, if it is for grownups they didn't like it. There is no real storyline, scattered events, non-related, just to have the two hours gone, but very slowly, boringly. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ian Freer
    Jul 18, 2011
    It's not vintage Pixar, but Cars 2 is still streets ahead of most of the animated pack. For all its energy and Bondian panache, perhaps its problems are insurmountable: Pixar's cars - and their universe - don't resonate and endear as much as its toys, monsters, clownfish and OAP dreamers.
  2. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Jun 30, 2011
    A rare dud from Pixar.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    Jun 26, 2011
    Marginally better than its predecessor, but the same problem still remains: Cars just aren't very interesting as anthropomorphic animation vehicles (pun intended).