7.0

1. Dec 5, 2014
    In this movie, the protagonist from the city is emotionally unbalanced and has lessons to learn. The supporting characters from a small town are wise and help teach him those lessons. If you feel that cities are good and small towns are bad, then you won't like this movie.
  2. Oct 19, 2014
    This is a fast-paced comedy adventure set inside the world of cars. Fueled with plenty of humor, action, heartfelt drama and amazing new technical feats, Cars is a high octane delight for moviegoers of all ages.
  3. Oct 13, 2014
    A lot of people consider this to be Pixar's weakest film, but I really enjoyed it. The film definitely takes me back to my childhood and my love of vehicles. The story is pretty simple but I would give it a pass because it doesn't distract the film at all. I thought Mater was going to be annoying, but he was actually alright. But other than that the characters are memorable, the racing isA lot of people consider this to be Pixar's weakest film, but I really enjoyed it. The film definitely takes me back to my childhood and my love of vehicles. The story is pretty simple but I would give it a pass because it doesn't distract the film at all. I thought Mater was going to be annoying, but he was actually alright. But other than that the characters are memorable, the racing is fabulous, and it has a lot of heart-warming moments. Expand
  4. Sep 11, 2014
    "Carros" nunca me atraiu tanto. Ele é um filme mediano que tem uma história também mediana. É um filme assistível,mas que pode ser passado direto por outros filmes da Pixar.
  5. Aug 17, 2014
    In spite of its visually arresting CGI and a solid story, "Cars" features bland, stereotypical characters and frustrates with its cliches. Better than other Disney releases in the 2000s, this 2006 film is generally enjoyable but hardly a classic.
  6. Mar 26, 2014
    Even when I was at the age range to like this movie, I thought it was tedious, painful to watch, and very unsatisfying. Anything that you want to happen doesn't. It's like the opposite of a feel-good movie.
  7. Mar 15, 2014
    Whether the movie will make you believe a shocking-orange stock car has a future with a lavender Carrera, it's more fun to follow than a televised freeway chase.
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    I thought that "Cars", even at 117 minutes, is slightly overlong. The film is quite dull in places where nothing exciting is happening. The film also lacks a script with some emotion, however, the animation is fabulous. Prepare yourself for some exciting car-racing scenes!
  9. Nov 13, 2013
    Pixar rides in another victory.
    Cars is entertaining and fun with less story as its creators previous work. Lightning McQueen and the bunch find moments of emotion, but mainly just a fun flick.
  10. Nov 12, 2013
    Up until this film's release, the concept of anthropomorphism in animation seemed tepidly dated. 'Cars' changes that, with a heartwarming tale of a selfish ego's self-realization with his lifestyle. only in "car-form", and with amazing voice acting from the Cable Guy, it makes the whole film a laughing riot. A great Pixar comedy.
  11. Oct 31, 2013
    after greatest films finnaly the pixar animation studios got wrong with this medium film,i was expecting a lot this film,but it didn't made anything good for the company.
  12. Aug 26, 2013
    Cars is formulaic and boring. Hardly clever and stumbles in parts you'd think it succeed in.
    Though, it's not terrible. It plays it safe just enough to only be mediocre, rather than awful. Besides... Cars 2 showed us that things could get far worse.
  13. Jul 4, 2013
    Was Pixar's Cars their finest no. But was it a good film yes.
    Was Pixar's Cars their finest no. But was it a good film yes.
    Much flack has been given on "Cars", but in no way would I give it nearly much negative response. There are a few that bump it down, as Lightning McQueen lacked much charm and appealed to several kids rather than adults, and while the story is slow pacing, the message behind it is powerful. The town of Radiator Springs is believable; it is a visual wonder and realistic, and the characters are charming,... well almost. Tow Mater was one of the only characters that I though could use less emphasis on, as he was basically comic relief. Other characters like Doc and Sally had sad stories to tell, and brought emotion to the film. The story of Radiator Springs and the freeway is truly saddening, and the song "Our Town" in the movie is wonderful. Since this movie is also about cars, alot of spectacle is put on a car's vision of things, and its truly hilarious to watch. Despite this, "Cars" does lack some of the elements of Pixar's finest (too much cheap humor, slow plot, mostly to appeal to kids), but it's no way bad. "Cars" is far from the worst in anything and is truly a delight.
  14. Apr 26, 2013
    Good, fun, simple... Dont have so much to say, just a good movie to watch and laugh.
    The script is a criticism to fame and arrogance. Is a right choice to watch with your children.
  15. Apr 25, 2013
    This movie is just a ripoff of Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends, and even then Thomas was realistic and was way better this piece of crap. The fact that a superstar gets stuck in a lone, western city is very cliche. This not a good movie, no matter what the audience is. 5/10
  16. Mar 27, 2013
    A perfect film for children that has a strong story and likable characters. The first time I saw this film, I was not impressed, but after one more viewing, I changed my mind completely.
  17. Jan 23, 2013
    A really underappreciated movie, ranked as one of Pixar's worst. I disagree completely, thinking that it is one of Pixar's best. Cars is very creative and quite often very funny.
  18. Dec 23, 2012
    Although Cars is packed with visual stunners, it features a formulaic, bored plot that defines the slow death and decline of Pixar from films like 'Toy Story' and 'The Incredibles' to 'Brave' and 'Cars 2'.
  19. Dec 8, 2012
    A great animated film that causes children to experience the action experience and tenderness.
  20. Nov 9, 2012
    A Pixar first in that the story is nowhere near as good as the animation. It certainly is not bad, but it is the first Pixar film that is not outstanding.
  21. Nov 9, 2012
    The black sheep of Pixar films. Still...a quality movie.
  22. Jul 30, 2012
    Cars gets a bad rap from some people. It's not nearly as good as films like WALL-E and The Incredibles, but it's still a solid movie with some really nice emotional touches. It also has the distinction of being one of the most absolutely gorgeous films Pixar has ever made.
  23. Jun 30, 2012
    Cars is an okay movie, but the sequel is a mess. I'm not a fan of the merchandise they have so far and quite possibly the most overrated movie in Pixar's 17-year run. Although it can't match the success of the Toy Story series, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, or Monsters, Inc., but it has a lot of great racing action and a slew of characters like Lightning McQueen and Mater. Well, probablyCars is an okay movie, but the sequel is a mess. I'm not a fan of the merchandise they have so far and quite possibly the most overrated movie in Pixar's 17-year run. Although it can't match the success of the Toy Story series, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, or Monsters, Inc., but it has a lot of great racing action and a slew of characters like Lightning McQueen and Mater. Well, probably I'll rent the movie, but I hope Pixar could make a better Cars movie or else I'll stay home watching Toy Story 3. Expand
  24. May 28, 2012
    One Of The Most Uncreative Movies Of All Time!
    My 5 Year Old Sister Could Of Though Of Talking Cars..
    Very Very Overated! Movies Like This Make Me Mad That Noone In The USA Knows What Studio Ghibli Is.
  25. May 25, 2012
    Maybe not as good as the "Toy Story" series or not as good as "Ratatouille", but this is a very good film. The graphics are very good. The plot is just "so-so". The characters are great especially Lightning McQueen, who has great personality. Despite these positive features in the movie, the movie didn't meet with my expectations, especially the fact that this is a Pixar film...............
  26. Mar 30, 2012
    Pixar has finally screwed up. The near perfection at making movie for children and adults falls flat. Cars seems to be appealing to only kids with massive stupidity everywhere. Lets just hope Pixar can find its magic again next year.
  27. Mar 2, 2012
    Don't think of it as a below average Pixar film. Think of it as a fun standalone experience because that is what it truly is. Lightning McQueen and Mater are some of the best characters to come from a computer-animated movie, and thats what makes it entertaining: The characters.
  28. Jan 2, 2012
    Look Pixar's Cars is hard to love because you know they are cars, but the film is packed with so much heart it fills you up inside. I give this movie a strong 68%.
  29. Nov 7, 2011
    The animation is flashy but the story is as dull as any other animated movie. There was nothing that was special about this movie, the characters were forgettable, the scenes uninspired and the inner message falls flat. Cars is not bad but I rank it the lowest of all Pixar animations. Pass on this one.
  30. Sep 18, 2011
    Pixar's "Cars" is a visual masterpiece with a good morale planted within the movie. However, if I am correct that this company was the creator of "Toy Story" and "WALL-E", I expect more.
  31. Aug 25, 2011
    The premise is just dead on arrival. Really? Cars? That isn't an idea for a Pixar movie that's an idea for a second rate PC game to teach kids about the importance of sharing. In fact, everything about Cars feels second-rate. The story is surprisingly unimaginative and cliched, which I wouldn't mind so much if Pixar had done it well. But they didn't. Cars doesn't have the same touch thatThe premise is just dead on arrival. Really? Cars? That isn't an idea for a Pixar movie that's an idea for a second rate PC game to teach kids about the importance of sharing. In fact, everything about Cars feels second-rate. The story is surprisingly unimaginative and cliched, which I wouldn't mind so much if Pixar had done it well. But they didn't. Cars doesn't have the same touch that other Pixar movies did. It isn't as original as Toy Story. It isn't as well animated as The Incredibles. It isn't as touching as Finding Nemo. It isn't as inventive as Monsters, Inc. Cars feels like a lazy effort to ride on the coattails of The Incredibles and other Pixar movies. The drama is recycled, and surprisingly shallow, the animation is average by standards, and the comedy... don't even get me started. Expand
  32. Aug 12, 2011
    An underrated, character driven Pixar effort that has all the right aspects to stand up to the rest of their movies. It has a great retro and hometown theme with two very impressive race sequences, beautiful visuals and automobile characters as relatable and real as any live-action ones
  33. Aug 7, 2011
    WOAH WOAH WOAH . How can the movie cars recieve a lower review then Ratatouille ? That movie was not only a waste of time but had no base no moral , My kids were asking to go home or to the mall it was a COMPLETE waste of time. Who cares about a Rat that can cook pullling a mans hair ? The commercial Was a 10/10 but the movie was a full blown 1 . Cars is a great movie , i see nothing wrongWOAH WOAH WOAH . How can the movie cars recieve a lower review then Ratatouille ? That movie was not only a waste of time but had no base no moral , My kids were asking to go home or to the mall it was a COMPLETE waste of time. Who cares about a Rat that can cook pullling a mans hair ? The commercial Was a 10/10 but the movie was a full blown 1 . Cars is a great movie , i see nothing wrong in it. And im the one whos a picky movie chooser. Walle put me to sleep yet people raved about it. In my opinion critics are still upset about the cars talking , build a bridge get over it .If full grown adults have a problem with lions ants monsters cars or anything talking in pixar movies , Quit watchin em . This movie is one of the best pixar movies to date. If you wanna complain about a movie that sucks , watch cars 2. But cars 1 by no means is a incomplete movie etc. Its very well put together etc. My opinion and I Really dont care what anyone has to say bout it. It is a 100 / 100 for me and many others. Good day haters. Expand
  34. Jul 25, 2011
    I know why it's considered Pixar's weakest flick. The animation is beautiful as always and like the design of the vehicles, the big drawback is that the plot is unoriginal as it takes plot threads from Doc Hollywood and Days of Thunder. Another thing is that the characters are underdeveloped not even the voices of Owen Wilson, Paul Newman, George Carlin and the stereotypical redneck LarryI know why it's considered Pixar's weakest flick. The animation is beautiful as always and like the design of the vehicles, the big drawback is that the plot is unoriginal as it takes plot threads from Doc Hollywood and Days of Thunder. Another thing is that the characters are underdeveloped not even the voices of Owen Wilson, Paul Newman, George Carlin and the stereotypical redneck Larry the Cable Guy can save this from being a snooze fest. What really killed it from winning an Oscar for Best Animated Feature was the soundtrack (which includes Rascal Flatt's butchering rendition of Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway) and the merchandise including video games, toys books and those Mater shorts including the one where he battles against Japanese drifters which was shown before Bolt. It's almost as though Pixar thought made so many good films and need a weak one to even it out.
    Those who loved Pixar from the beginning may have to skip it or give it a rental. It may entertain kids, but anybody over 12 might feel alienated.
  35. Jul 10, 2011
    Could be the best Pixar film?

Well in my eyes it is, im a child at heart and i love this film. I am looking forward to number 2 despite the mixed reviews it has had.
  36. Jul 5, 2011
    Cars is another great Pixar film. I don't know why critics are giving it such bad reviews. sure, it is't on par with the Toy Story series or Finding Nemo, but it is still a great movie.
  37. Jul 5, 2011
    Disney/Pixar's Cars revolves around Lightning McQueen, a hotshot rookie race car driven to succeed, discovers that life is about the journey, not the finish line, when he finds himself unexpectedly detoured in the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. On route across the country to the big Piston Cup Championship in California to compete against two seasoned pros, McQueen gets to knowDisney/Pixar's Cars revolves around Lightning McQueen, a hotshot rookie race car driven to succeed, discovers that life is about the journey, not the finish line, when he finds himself unexpectedly detoured in the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. On route across the country to the big Piston Cup Championship in California to compete against two seasoned pros, McQueen gets to know the town's offbeat characters--including Sally, a snazzy 2002 Porsche, Doc Hudson, a 1951 Hudson Hornet with a mysterious past, and Mater, a rusty but trusty tow truck, who help him realize that friendship is more important than trophies, fame and sponsorship. Now for my opinion. The only problem that I had with this movie was the minute length. It took a little bit of long time for a kids movie and I just don't know why. Everything else turned out great in this movie. It has a fantastic voice cast, great animation, and a good moral lesson for kids young and old. 8/10 Expand
  38. May 25, 2011
    Cars tries desperately to be funny, but most of the jokes tend to fall flat. Also, I'm not quite sure how talking cars would be able to build the ragtag Radiator Springs anyway.
  39. Feb 8, 2011
    What's with all the hate. How is this supposed to be Pixar's worst movie? I think it was excellent and on par with many other Pixar movies. And let me just say that I think Larry the Cable Guy is awesome.
  40. Jan 9, 2011
    This movie was great from start to end.
  41. Jan 9, 2011
    The movie shows that life is not about fame and fortune, but about true happiness and friendship; not only living on the fast lane, but to slow down every once in a while. Furthermore, this is a beautiful film about the love for cars and the countryside.
  42. Sep 3, 2010
    While the worst Pixar film, it' still a good film. Instead of being limited and boring( it could easily have been) it's a entertaining tale, but unlike somewhat finer works (Toy Story, Monsters Inc.) it fails to grasp attention all the way through the film and is a LOT cheesier than the other Pixar offerings, it's worth seeing, even if it's dwarfed in comparison to other Pixar films.
  43. Aug 25, 2010
    Pixar are known for intelligence and among the best in there field so it's mystifying why they made this. It's not awful but it doesn't even come close to the standard which they've set and normally achieve. Fart jokes don't belong in a Pixar film and that alone should deter you from this quite depressing film, also the charachters are far below standard as is the story. Pixar havePixar are known for intelligence and among the best in there field so it's mystifying why they made this. It's not awful but it doesn't even come close to the standard which they've set and normally achieve. Fart jokes don't belong in a Pixar film and that alone should deter you from this quite depressing film, also the charachters are far below standard as is the story. Pixar have completely redeemed themselves and have created some of the best films ever made but while I've forgiven them, I will never forget this slip up Expand

1. By relying too much on snappy dialogue and by adhering to the philosophy that "steel should feel like steel and glass should feel like glass," the filmmakers have bridled their imaginations and created a movie about toys that are too blubbery and not rubbery enough.
  2. The Pixar people have an extreme talent for conjuring imagery that is both soaring in its majesty but also resonant -- it's a stylization but acute enough to carry emotional meaning.
  3. It doesn't make Cars a bad picture -- the visual inventions are worth the price of admission -- but it constitutes conduct unbecoming to a maker of magic.