5.8

1. Jan 31, 2013
    I loved this movie. Lots of throwbacks at how movies were made and the puppets used are plain ridiculous. The whole movie is kind of serious but couldn't stop laughing. Favorite comedy of 2012.
  2. Jan 15, 2013
    Pretty funny. Will Ferrell is okay but the movie was really funny because of Diego Luna and sexy because of Genesis Rodriguez! The plot was not the best it could have been but hey it's a comedy.
  3. Sep 6, 2012
    This film shouldn't be taken too serious I very much enjoyed the scenes and all the funny errors that we're in there. it's nice to see a movie again that doesn't take things too serious. I think Will ferrel did a very good job here. I wish there were more films like this out there instead of the typical blockbuster movies we have nowadays.
  4. Aug 17, 2012
    This is the best way i can put this. If you've seen "Black Dynamite" and liked it, you'll probably love this. here's the caveat. "Black Dynamite" is a movie about blaxploitation films that were churned out to cash in on the success of "Shaft." Few of them really tried to be good. This is a love letter to the tellanovella, in the form of an early 80's western. I have a feeling that some of the people making tellanovellas actually believe that they're doing something with quality and weight. This movie takes itself seriously, which makes it more absurd, but in a quieter way. It really helps to have had spanish in high school, because you will read the subtitles much faster, since your brain already has some idea what's being said whether you know it or not. This allows you to notice more of the subtleties. There are so many consistency errors. I'm not talking about the plentiful "now he has a cig, now he doesn't, now he does" moments. I'm talking about extras being filled out with mannequins, or a wedding massacre victim casually smoking away because he doesn't know he's on camera. At the same time, there isn't one single technology or fashion anachronism ever. Comedy is like horror. What one person finds effective, another thinks is terrible. I thought this movie was hilarious, but I understand that few will agree. Hope this lets you know if you're one of the few that does. Expand
  5. Mar 24, 2012
    In a word, "perfecto". It is what it is. Pulls no punches, and, you know, in the world of Tarantino does homage or spoof or exact copy replicas of the films he saw as a kid, this does one better. Funny, Violent, and muy corazon!
  6. Mar 17, 2012
    It is a hard to swallow movie, but; if you do have an open mind, I believe, like me, you will love this pelicula (movie in Spanish) I appreciate the risk taken by Will Ferrel and this production. They were brave and as honest as they could get. Casa de mi Padre is a comedy, but also a Satire; keep this in mind and enjoy...

1. Reviewed by: Matt Mueller
    Jun 2, 2012
    Grindhouse with giggles, this potboiler parody offers just enough to avoid being a curio – not least Ferrell at his straight-faced best. Arriba!
  2. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The film feels ultimately hollow, perhaps because mocking soap operas is the comic's equivalent of shooting fish tacos in a barrel. In fact, the concept for Casa de mi Padre seems born out of one too many tequila-infused evenings in the Funny or Die writers' room.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Mar 18, 2012
    It's deeply committed to its own weird conceit, diminishing returns and all.