8.0

1. Jul 30, 2014
    Daniel Craig's cast as James Bond looked weird at first, but it was quickly proven that he is more than an adequate fit for the role. Agent 007 gets a different character and charm in Craig's somewhat emotionless face. What makes "Casino Royale" special is its excellent direction and its modern look, even if the scenario is too commonplace and the ending a bit disappointing. But altogether this distinctive installment of the Bond franchise is a decent one. Expand
  2. May 22, 2014
    OK Better than Sky fall. You can see this movie. this is one of my first movies with torture. First bond movie with a longest poker game in the movie.
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    Perhaps the best Bond film ever, and one of the best action films I've ever seen. It's grittier and more violent than the previous films, but it is purely entertaining.
  4. Dec 13, 2013
    Casino Royale rejuvenates the Bond franchise with a beautifully crafted film complete with wit, emotion, plot and of course, enthralling action sequences.
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    Not entirely faithful to the amazing, classic novel of Ian Fleming, 007 is saved by the blunt Daniel Craig, who adds an even tougher image to Bond then Connery had made. Gritty action while maintaining sophisticated dialogue and beautiful women, that's the type of Bond movie I like.
  6. Sep 26, 2013
    Casino Royale is by far the best of the newest Bonds, with an exciting premise, masterful execution, and an overall Bond feel to it that is mesmerizingly good.
  7. Aug 12, 2013
    Over the years Bond movies had become a little cheesy and so director Martin Campbell reinvents the spy in a grittier and more realistic portrayal taking audiences right back to the start.

The opening chase sequence must rank amongst the best movie openings in cinema history and will instantly grab the attention of most viewers. Fortunately the rest of the movie is almost as
    entertaining striking a good balance between developing Bond's character and including the car chases and explosions one would expect. Importantly Daniel Craig is also very good in his first Bond outing making Casino Royale a thrilling two hours of cinema. Expand
  8. Jul 16, 2013
    A great restart to the classic character that is played out brilliantly by Daniel Craig. The film is another great classic Bond film (that is only missing a few elements, but those are overshadowed by other classic Bond elements), the acting in this film is great, the script is well written and witty that breaths freshness into the series, the action is jaw dropping, the music brings us back to John Barry's style with a modern twist. This film is high in style and is a very great and classical Bond film adaption! Expand
  9. Jul 10, 2013
    An outstanding piece of cinema and probably the best Bond movie. Daniel Craig gives us a more realistic, darker edge, vulnerable Bond and proves himself worthy of the role and will obviously be considered one of the best along with Sean Connery. The film delivers everything you want in a movie, a true spy story with twists and suspense, great action in between and plenty of character development including a group of sinister villains. It delivers what we want in a Bond film as well. It does just about everything right. I have no complaints. Expand
  10. Jun 2, 2013
    One of the most surprising and satisfying films I've ever seen. Not only is this a great Bond movie, it may very well be the best Bond movie. Brilliant.
  11. May 19, 2013
    Casino Royale is the best bond film since Goldfinger and Daniel Craig is the best bond since Sean Connery. The last four bond films starring Pierce Brosnan were all just 90 minute parades of badly choreographed car chases, way too many seemingly irrelevant gadgets and stuff blowing up. It was time for a change and Casino Royale effectively cleaned the slate.
  12. May 17, 2013
    There is really nothing wrong with this movie. I just like it for a nine. The only thing I didn't like about this movie is the ending, which led into the awful Quantum of Solace. But that's mainly a complaint about that movie.
  13. May 3, 2013
    A new bond is always good in the new refreshed 007 movies. 21st century James Bond is entertaining and has a leveled amount of violence. Excellent plot and you MUST see this. Really, anyone who gave it 5 or under did not actually see the movie or needed glasses, or they might have been watching clique Casino Spoof.
  14. Mar 22, 2013
    Certainly the best Bond movie I've seen. Craig's portrayal of 007 is refreshing. The action and suspense was plenty, and so was engaging dialogue. The sequence at the casino was riveting. The acting all around was quite good. I had a great time all the way. Bond came across as very human, and I found myself caring about his fate for the first time. He was upfront, brutal and effective as a true agent would be, not a pretentious snob like he was displayed to be by Brosnan. The balance between action, dialogue, plot and romance was well maintained. Expand
  15. Mar 18, 2013
    I am not a big fan of 007, but this "new" Bond, with it rather realistic portrayal was a nice addition to the series in my opinion. Casino Royale is a well made action movie, an though I do not like the genre, this movie was made has quality. Overall an enjoyable action movie.
  16. Mar 10, 2013
    Like the direction that the filmmakers took with casino royale. Its darker than the previous bonds, its more brutal and it has a suprisingly good story in it
  17. Feb 23, 2013
    I've never been a fan of James Bond. Probably, because I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as 007 and he sucked. I decide to give the series another shot, not because of Bond, but rather Daniel Craig. I have been a fan of Craig's for some time, having seen several of the films from overseas. I knew then that he would be a huge action star and now he's 007. As for my first Bond movie, it was pretty good. Craig was fantastic and avoided much of the cliché Bond moments that most of us have come to loath. The film was entertaining, but also pretty predictable and much longer than it needed to be. I was also very unimpressed by the bad guys. I thought Bond villains were supposed to be classic, but these guys were rather forgettable. I'm not in love with the Bond character, but this film did open my eyes a little bit and I probably will check out Quantum of Solace in the near future. Expand
  18. Feb 18, 2013
    I bet the big wigs at MGM are laughing and making crude gestures to all the doubters who petitioned to have Daniel Craig removed as the new Bond, and they should be, because there was no mistake, and what has been crafted one of the most flawless films in the past decade. This is not the Bond everybody knows, gone are the gadgets of Brosnan or the suave of Connery,not only does Casino Royale basically cancel out the rest, as Bond has yet to receive his '00' status, but it creates a whole new type of character that we have not yet seen. The opening black and white scene paints a very different agent to what we are accustomed to..fist fighting with a man in a toilet, beating each other senseless and slamming each other into sinks until Bond eventually drowns his victim, this is a new, dark and gritty direction that is brilliant in every way.
    Judi Dench returns as a more centered and grounded M, who tasks Bond with infiltrating the terrorist operation of Le Chiffre (Mals Mikkelsen) who employs a bomb maker that Bond chases in a breathtaking parkour scene through a construction site.
    After Bond foils Le Chiffre's terrorist attempt in a Miami airport, he is entered into a poker game involving Le Chiffre to attempt to bankrupt him to the end of MI6 using him to bring down a terrorist organisation.
    With Eva Green taking the female lead as Vesper Lynd, this is a Bond film that is very much human, with touches of realism that paint a very different picture, he bleeds, he is reckless, and doesn't seem to give a damn about anything, and the writing team have taken on this leap to show Bonds complete disregard for what we are use to like the utter destruction of a brand new Aston Martin, ("Shaken or Stirred?" "Do I look like I give a damn?")
    Daniel Craig portrays a man who has the skill set and aura of Jason Bourne, but with a vulnerable state of insecurity and isolation.There is enough action to rival the biggest of blockbusters, with carefully choreographed scenes and brilliant set pieces including an airport chase along the runway, it can't be stressed enough that Craig is portraying a very serious and realistic 'operative', and not a 'secret agent'.
    Not only is this the best Bond movie in its long history, but also one of the best films to appear this decade.
  19. Jan 23, 2013
    The best Bond movie in the franchise, in my opinion. Casino Royale is filled with great action, great characters, and a great story line. It also features on of the best Bond girls, as she is actually given a character instead of just being there for her looks.
  20. Jan 18, 2013
    This is the best bond film i've seen so far. Well acting by Mad Mikkelsen and Daniël Craig.Everything is good on this movie. This is an awesome Bond movie
  21. Jan 2, 2013
    Great action, Good story, and good acting by the cast. Daniel Craig is a great Bond and may even be the best Bond yet. Loved watching this movie and would highly recommend it.
  22. Dec 29, 2012
    I did not like this movie at all. The action scenes are waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, so long that you'll forget how and why they're even happening. Bond jumps all over the place, so much so that he reminds me more of Super Mario than anything else. The plot is difficult to appreciate, there's just nothing the viewer is able to relate to in this movie. The only bright spot is Judy Dench, who is wonderful in any role she plays. Maybe this movie is worth watching just for her scenes. Daniel Craig is good, too, but the movie doesn't take advantage of his strong screen presence. Hopefully Skyfall will be better? Expand
  23. Dec 27, 2012
    Craig's introduction the the Bond role is filled with action, suspense, and a dark new take on James Bond himself. Easily the closest movie adaptation of Bond to Ian Fleming's novels, it shows that Bond can be edgy and dark, even gritty and outright cringe-worthy at times. To put it into perspective, Daniel Craig is the ANTI Roger Moore. He's dark, serious, emotionless, and brutal. Just like Ian Fleming's original adaptation. So if you prefer a lighter bond, he may not be for you. But if you love Fleming's Bond, you'll probably adore Craig. Expand
  24. Dec 23, 2012
    Best Bond movie ever, those who don't agree obviously don't know a good movie. To all of those guys who hate this movie ( luckily there aren't many, u mad brooooooo?)
  25. Dec 11, 2012
    Before seeing this movie, I hadn't seen any other Bond films before, but I knew of the conventions all too well. This new spin on Bond gives us a flawed character that can fail who the audience can root for, which is a refreshing change. The plot is engaging even when there's no action. I didn't know poker scenes could be so suspenseful, and I can't tell one poker tile from the other! The dialogue is sharp and witty, and there are several quotable and memorable lines in this movie. Daniel Craig may not be the smoothest Bond, but he's perfect for this new take on the character. Eva Green makes an excellent Bond girl, and she has great chemistry with Craig. The only problem with the film is the underwritten villain. He's funding terrorism, but what are the terrorist's goals? He lacked a greater objective. Casino Royale had me completely sold to James Bond and left me wanting more. Expand
  26. Dec 9, 2012
    Easily the best Bond film since the Connery days. "Casino Royale" marks a modern and exciting rebirth of a film icon, laying the foundations for what could be an excellent series.
  27. Dec 5, 2012
    Probably my favorite Bond movie ever. Amazing action sequences, great storyline, and even a good plot twist help make this film incredibly enjoyable.
  28. Nov 28, 2012
    "Casino Royale" is the story of, MI6 agent, James Bond's (Daniel Craig) first mission. Fresh off of receiving the coveted "007" status, Bond begins the long and elaborate task of bankrupting the world's top terrorist financier, Le Chiffre (Mikkelson). Now, I am, proudly, a James Bond fan myself and when I had heard that they were going to reboot the franchise ala "Batman Begins"; I was elated. Because honestly the last few Bond films have been something off a showcase of silliness. After watching "Casino Royale" I can safely say that this film effectively restores the Bond film series, as well as the James Bond name, to everything that author Ian Fleming had originally intended. This film features one of the most dynamic portrayals of the character I've ever seen on film. Sure, everything from the previous films is there (the charm, wit, etc.), but Actor Daniel Craig brings some aspects to the character I've never seen before. He does a really profound job at accentuating just how much of a cold bastard 007 really is. Though he also does a good job at depicting the more loving side of Bond -like I said. . .dynamic. With all these different shades of Bond in tow, Craig creates, quite possibly, my favorite representation of the character. Eva Green does a fine job in her role as the beguiling treasury agent, Vesper Lynd. Green and Craig construct a deep kind of chemistry that I have yet to see any other Bond and "Bond-girl" develop on film. Also, cheers to Mads Mikkelson for playing one of the creepiest Bond-villains I've ever seen. In terms of technicalities, The camerawork is very clean, and editing is logical and accurate. The soundtrack utilizes the classic Bond Theme, but it also employs some extra nuances that I found to be quite suitable for the overall tone of the film. The screenplay is very well written, giving Bond some of the funniest lines I've ever heard his character say. The action is there too, as this movie features some of the coolest and most intimidating set pieces I've seen on film. I mean like some real "Uncharted-esque" stuff happens in this movie- pretty awesome. Anyways, I sincerely enjoyed "Casino Royale", for it re-establishes the James Bond franchise in a place that I feel is very fresh and provocative. Expand
  29. Nov 22, 2012
    A completely new take on the Bond franchise, Casino Royale reminds more of Bourne and Taken than the agent presented in the previous titles in the series. I really feel that this is a more convincing Bond and was a good thing to do as the ones before it have become way too cheesy and ridiculous (this is the first Bond I really enjoyed since Goldeneye). It is surprisingly violent, which I do not fully appreciate, but the story is interesting and the action breath-taking. The question remains whether this is still James Bond or if the producers would have been better of naming it differently as it is a clear break with the established concept in fundamental ways. If you do not take the "Bond" aspect too seriously and grant the film the chance to do something new, this is a truly excellent film. Expand
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    Loved the stunts, loved the theme song, but did not love the overall scenario of the movie itself. A long boring card game in the middle of the movie and the action scenes are mostly dealt with chasing one enemy at a time. I expect more excitement and the gadgets this time but there's nothing more than just some pointless scenes.
  31. Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe it's a little bit slow, but it's complex and "no-cliché" plot, with a spectacular acting from Daniel Craig makes Casino Royale the best James Bond film ever made.
  32. Nov 17, 2012
    Admittedly, Bond had gotten silly by this entry, with invisible cars and diamond-faced baddies. And since the gritty reboot is all the rage, Martin Campbell gives us what can only be dubbed as "The Bond Identity", stripping away not only all the gadgets, but all of the style, the humor and the atmosphere of a Bond film. Sure, it's a fine action film (despite its ending dragging on for far too long), and relaunching the franchise after the abysmal Die Another Day was certainly necessary. But much like an immunization, just because something is necessary doesn't mean its fun. Expand
  33. Nov 16, 2012
    After reviewing Skyfall, I thought that I ought to give Casino Royale the 10 it so royally deserves in my opinion. Dench and Craig are my all-time favorite actors and are cast perfectly, the story is deep with a gut-wrenching twist. This is hands down the best Bond movie I've ever seen. And now I am going to go see it again ;)
  34. Nov 12, 2012
    Everything, from the opening sequence to the finale is pure Bond, but unlike the past 30+ years, wrapped in a dose of reality with an emotional touch added to it. Final result - Best Bond movie period.
  35. Nov 12, 2012
    Craig nails Bond. He has the intensity of Connery, but a small vulnerability can be sensed as well, a vulnerability that wasn't sensed when Connery was on screen. Craig may be the best Bond yet.
  36. Nov 2, 2012
    Simply the best Bond of all times. Also if Daniel Craig isn't the best actor I could imagine for this role, this is subordinate because of the great supporting actors. Eva Green is fetchingly good and Mads Mikkelsen as the antagonist is also very well played. The whole film consists of so much rememberable action scenes, every single one is just awesome! The long break between this and the last Bond was essential, with the new techniques there are better visual and audio effects, that improve the whole movie quite much. 'Casino Royale' is a legendary story, the ending is absolutely great and I also enjoyed the poker game. It's a little step away from being a perfect action movie, but is surely one of the best I've seen in years and everything just works in this film. Simply awesome! Expand
  37. Oct 31, 2012
    En un primer momento el James Bond Daniel Craig me parece frío, violento, más parecido a un Charles Bronson que a un 007, pero según avanza la película lo descubrimos que sin ser seductor puede enamorar y enamorarse. Un cambio radical de estilo. Ya en la presentación no aparecen las típicas chicas bond bailando al son de una pegadiza música, y es el propio Daniel Craig quién nos muestra su cuerpo saliendo del agua. Incluso para los que no nos gusta el póker es una película muy recomendable. Expand
  38. Oct 26, 2012
    Casino Royale is one of the best 007 movies. Daniel Craig makes for an excellent Bond, lending both raw emotion and ice-cold psychopathic detachment all in one go. That's quite a feat! The blistering action, stunning locations and gorgeous woman don't hurt the experience either.
  39. Oct 25, 2012
    Daniel Craig plays his James Bond well, but that is just it, it isn't the original oo7 James Bond that the world knows and loves, I am pretty sure that this movie breaks away from the original Bond universe and creates its own timeline. The removal of moneypenny and Q did make me mad, but on its own the movie was amazing, somehow it made me on the edge of my seat while watching a poker game, at least SkyFall will bring back Q. Daniel Craig is a good actor, but at times it seemed like he just froze and put on a dumb face. not showing any emotion when some should have been shown. If this is your first oo7 movie and you loved it, watch Quantum of Solace next, not the previous Bond films because they are very different from the newer ones. Expand
  40. Oct 7, 2012
    There is quite a lot of action before things focus on the Casino; all of this is well done and features much of the stunt work in the film. I have to say it does appear to get a little lost once the main focus of the film is established. Once we do get there the scenes in and around the Casino are quite compelling and it is here that we actually get a feeling for how Daniel Craig portrays Bond. He has vulnerabilities that make him appear more human and this in turn gives the audience a chance to understand his motivations. I must admit I really enjoyed Craig Expand
  41. Aug 14, 2012
    Casino Royale is a welcome return to the super spy James Bond. After a four year long hiatus it was great to see him in action again. More a reboot/prequel to that all came before it, this movie goes to explain how Bond became who is today. The gritty, darker tone of the movie is refreshing for the series, if not a bit more Bourne than Bond. I must say I had my reservations of Daniel Craig being Mr. Bond, rest assured he makes a great performance, if a little more pouty than we're used too. The absence of gadgets is a minor grumble of mine, plot can be slightly confusing at times. The movie attempts to rouse emotion from the audience by the end of the movie however, with a twist so obviously coming, the emotion just wasn't there. Great, popcorn action fun. Expand
  42. Jul 31, 2012
    It has all the guns, girls, and gadgets you would expect but never feels too cliche. Daniel Craig is a perfect Bond. He has the suave that you'd expect from the character, but adds a edginess that feels like should have always been there. What he takes away though is some of the fun.
  43. Jul 23, 2012
    Casino Royale is the first James Bond movie I have ever seen. That said, lets get on with the review from a new James Bond viewer. James Bond has been around for quite some time now, so after an absence, how is the twenty-first film? Great. Even though the movie takes a while to actually get in gear, the story is good and the acting is great. Say what people will about Daniel Craig, I thought he did an excellent job as Agent 007, but maybe that's because I haven't seen any of the other films. The action sequences are superb in this scene but the film does get quite boring towards the middle. Nonetheless, this film is good overall and definitely deserves a watch! Expand
  44. May 28, 2012
    This movie was as laughable as they come. They un-naturally included all the present trends at the time i.e. par-core and texas hold em (in which they in detail had to explain through script what was going on to heighten the atmosphere of the anti-climatic card game for those watching who didn't know even the basics of texas hold em.) And the scene where it's supposed to portray Bond as a sex symbol women love and men want to be is a slow mow of him emerging from the ocean looking like a **** old man will get an audible hardy bellow every time. For the older generation Connery will always be untouchable, for mine its Bronson. And that's it/ This movie truly is hilarious. Best Comedy of 2006. Expand
  45. Mar 23, 2012
    This film, 'Casino Royale' is like a breath of cool, fresh air in the sense that it absolutely refreshes the entire James Bond franchise. Daniel Craig has exceeded all expectations and has successfully molded his own version of the famous 007 spy. The movie itself is dark, gritty and realistic; gone are the days of the cheeky, suave Bonds we've previously seen in the past. However if you're not a fan of poker this flick will prove to be both tedious and boring at times and the lack of a decent villain is somewhat disappointing to say the least. Expand
  46. Jan 3, 2012
    The Best Bond film ever,yes... the pacing is a little off in the second act and while the film is mostly superbly written, the romantic dialogue comes off as underwritten and tonally separate from the rest of the writing. Still, the first action set piece is one of the best ever and the action sequences are smartly edited with a clear cohesiveness that is hard to find in modern actin films (See the sequel for an example) Expand
  47. Dec 31, 2011
    I enjoyed it and it's pretty much a given that every Bond film staring the new Bond is gonna be good. The huge problems the film had is that it took quite a bit to get into and to get interesting. Also it did a poor job going from action to drama. Besides that, It was still a good action film and Daniel Craig is one of the best Bonds yet.
  48. Dec 14, 2011
    Welcome back James! This is a movie I NEVER expected to see as a lifelong fan of 007. That is, a movie that is just as good as the classic Connery era films. And coming after the atrocious and embarrassing Die Another Day it came as even more of a pleasant surprise. Daniel Craig is an exceptional James Bond, part swaggering Connery, part intense Dalton. The action is exciting and thrilling, without any of the naff CGI used in the previous couple of films, and the story is one of very vintage Bond intrigue. The best Bond film in 30 years. Collapse
  49. Nov 26, 2011
    Daniel Craig is a great addition to the many actors that played Bond before him and he was wonderful in this film. It can get a little dull but overall the action sequences and the film as a whole was well worth watching and one of the best in the Bond series.
  50. Oct 24, 2011
    Director Martin Campbell revitalizes the Bond series with this action-packed prequel. After the cinematic disaster that was "Die Another Day", long-time fans of the famous double-O agent are rewarded for their faithfulness. Daniel Craig validates his selection as the next actor to portray Bond by delivering a fantastic performance and subsequently propels himself to the top of the "Best Bond" list. Craig's Bond is younger, stronger, and colder than ever. But the women are just as beautiful, the villains just as cruel, and the cities just as grand. Although the plot features a high-stakes poker game, this movie is no gamble. See it, buy it, watch. Over and over. Expand
  51. Oct 16, 2011
    the movie was entertaining, but the action is mostly what keeps it up. i don't really like daniel craig as James Bond. movie was good, but didn't really have the feeling of a James Bond movie.
  52. Sep 28, 2011
    This film is fantastic! Especially the chase at the beginning. Loved every second of it. They've got the right balance between action and developing the story. It's not boring to watch, but isn't guns going off all the way. Nicely done.
  53. Sep 24, 2011
    The movie is a revolution to the Bond franchise. Mark Campbell presents to the audience that James Bond is not a hero who kills the bad guys and gets laid with girls using his gadgets and slick words. Using Daniel Craig, he presents a Bond that actually gets hurt and looses the ones he love. Through this change of portrayal, Bond has become a stronger character and a worthy franchise to watch. Kudos Campbell (and you too Craig)!!! Expand
  54. Aug 14, 2011
    I didn't really get what was going on, but what happened in front of me was fantastic! Great bond movie to boot! You sit through the movie, not really understanding it, but also having a really good time. It's one of those movies that being confusing is just a small issue. There's a lot more action than your usual bond film, but so what it's a great movie!
  55. CRL
    Aug 4, 2011
    Casino Royale was an excellent film in almost every aspect. Daniel Craig makes a new Bond, darker and gritter than his predecessors, and undeniably the best since the original. The plot is suspenseful and detailed, though near the end it loses some steam. Still, the ending makes Royale the beginning of (hopefully) something great, and not just a standalone thriller.
  56. Jun 13, 2011
    I was actually really surprised. Daniel Craig was an amazing Bond and Eva Green to me was one of the best Bond girls. The plot was actually really good and believable. The acting was great. The only problems I have with the movie is that its a prequil but the technoligy was far better then the other films and M looks older. But once you get past those details this movie was great.
  57. Jun 1, 2011
    Easily one of the best, is not the best, Bond films since the days of Connery. The dark and gritty tones are a welcome change of pace, and the story still manages to infuse humor in the right places, and in my opinion also in the right quantity. Easy 10.
  58. May 26, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The twenty-first James Bond film, second directed by Martin Campbell (GoldenEye), and the first to star Daniel Craig as 007.
    After the way-over-the-top CGI heavy â
  59. Mar 3, 2011
    An absolute complete waste of time. This film is terrible anybody who has rated this film as good is more than likely drunk on drugs or just plan retarded. Its the worst film I have ever seen. The director want to be shot as soon as possible Daniel Craig is just a joke (His acting is that of a 15 year old yob) and the rest is just a fail. I feel that strongly about this film that I have created an account just to slate it. Destroyed the bong legacy, and replace it with rubbish!!!! I am disgusted Expand
  60. Oct 9, 2010
    This is the best Bond movie. Bond is thoroughly human: He's hit, he recoils. He cuts, he bleeds. The series had gone to absurd levels of incredulity through the Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan years. This movie brought the films back to a human scale, and it's all the more powerful. Daniel Craig dominates the movie as Bond.
  61. Oct 4, 2010
    Wow! I loved the Sean Connery movies and since then they seem to have deteriorated. This film is definite proof that the Bond series is not lost. A different type of Bond, played by Daniel Craig, was what the franchise needed and the storyline was intriguing throughout the film. Even the one-liners and old Bond jokes which made the original films to entertaining and memorable are present in this film, much to my delight. You can't miss this film if you're a James Bond fan, and even if you're not, you'll still love it anyway. Expand
  62. Sep 15, 2010
    i really enjoyed this bond film i wasn't sure about Daniel Craig as bond at first but he actually performed very well in this film. the plot of the film was also well written better then a lot of other bond films
  63. Aug 18, 2010
    Craig's finest effort and a marvel to behold. Casino Royale hits all the notes correctly and by end most will agree it's the best Bond film since Goldeneye.

1. What a relief to escape the series' increasing bondage to high-tech gimmicks in favor of intrigue and suspense featuring richly nuanced characters and women who think the body's sexiest organ is the brain.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Craig comes closer to the author's original conception of this exceptionally long-lived male fantasy figure than anyone since early Sean Connery.
  3. This Bond is haunted, not yet housebroken, still figuring out the persona. In Casino Royale, the reset button has been pressed in the manner of "Batman Begins."