8.1

1. Jan 2, 2013
    Great action, Good story, and good acting by the cast. Daniel Craig is a great Bond and may even be the best Bond yet. Loved watching this movie and would highly recommend it.
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    Casino Royale is by far the best of the newest Bonds, with an exciting premise, masterful execution, and an overall Bond feel to it that is mesmerizingly good.
  3. Aug 31, 2014
    Daniel Craig is a refreshing and exhilarating take on James Bond. Casino Royale proves that James Bond will continue to be a part of our lives for years to come.
  4. Sep 24, 2011
    The movie is a revolution to the Bond franchise. Mark Campbell presents to the audience that James Bond is not a hero who kills the bad guys and gets laid with girls using his gadgets and slick words. Using Daniel Craig, he presents a Bond that actually gets hurt and looses the ones he love. Through this change of portrayal, Bond has become a stronger character and a worthy franchise toThe movie is a revolution to the Bond franchise. Mark Campbell presents to the audience that James Bond is not a hero who kills the bad guys and gets laid with girls using his gadgets and slick words. Using Daniel Craig, he presents a Bond that actually gets hurt and looses the ones he love. Through this change of portrayal, Bond has become a stronger character and a worthy franchise to watch. Kudos Campbell (and you too Craig)!!! Expand
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    "Casino Royale" is the story of, MI6 agent, James Bond's (Daniel Craig) first mission. Fresh off of receiving the coveted "007" status, Bond begins the long and elaborate task of bankrupting the world's top terrorist financier, Le Chiffre (Mikkelson). Now, I am, proudly, a James Bond fan myself and when I had heard that they were going to reboot the franchise ala "Batman Begins"; I was"Casino Royale" is the story of, MI6 agent, James Bond's (Daniel Craig) first mission. Fresh off of receiving the coveted "007" status, Bond begins the long and elaborate task of bankrupting the world's top terrorist financier, Le Chiffre (Mikkelson). Now, I am, proudly, a James Bond fan myself and when I had heard that they were going to reboot the franchise ala "Batman Begins"; I was elated. Because honestly the last few Bond films have been something off a showcase of silliness. After watching "Casino Royale" I can safely say that this film effectively restores the Bond film series, as well as the James Bond name, to everything that author Ian Fleming had originally intended. This film features one of the most dynamic portrayals of the character I've ever seen on film. Sure, everything from the previous films is there (the charm, wit, etc.), but Actor Daniel Craig brings some aspects to the character I've never seen before. He does a really profound job at accentuating just how much of a cold bastard 007 really is. Though he also does a good job at depicting the more loving side of Bond -like I said. . .dynamic. With all these different shades of Bond in tow, Craig creates, quite possibly, my favorite representation of the character. Eva Green does a fine job in her role as the beguiling treasury agent, Vesper Lynd. Green and Craig construct a deep kind of chemistry that I have yet to see any other Bond and "Bond-girl" develop on film. Also, cheers to Mads Mikkelson for playing one of the creepiest Bond-villains I've ever seen. In terms of technicalities, The camerawork is very clean, and editing is logical and accurate. The soundtrack utilizes the classic Bond Theme, but it also employs some extra nuances that I found to be quite suitable for the overall tone of the film. The screenplay is very well written, giving Bond some of the funniest lines I've ever heard his character say. The action is there too, as this movie features some of the coolest and most intimidating set pieces I've seen on film. I mean like some real "Uncharted-esque" stuff happens in this movie- pretty awesome. Anyways, I sincerely enjoyed "Casino Royale", for it re-establishes the James Bond franchise in a place that I feel is very fresh and provocative. Expand
  6. Nov 12, 2012
    Craig nails Bond. He has the intensity of Connery, but a small vulnerability can be sensed as well, a vulnerability that wasn't sensed when Connery was on screen. Craig may be the best Bond yet.
  7. Feb 23, 2013
    I've never been a fan of James Bond. Probably, because I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as 007 and he sucked. I decide to give the series another shot, not because of Bond, but rather Daniel Craig. I have been a fan of Craig's for some time, having seen several of the films from overseas. I knew then that he would be a huge action star and now he's 007. As for my first Bond movie, it wasI've never been a fan of James Bond. Probably, because I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as 007 and he sucked. I decide to give the series another shot, not because of Bond, but rather Daniel Craig. I have been a fan of Craig's for some time, having seen several of the films from overseas. I knew then that he would be a huge action star and now he's 007. As for my first Bond movie, it was pretty good. Craig was fantastic and avoided much of the cliché Bond moments that most of us have come to loath. The film was entertaining, but also pretty predictable and much longer than it needed to be. I was also very unimpressed by the bad guys. I thought Bond villains were supposed to be classic, but these guys were rather forgettable. I'm not in love with the Bond character, but this film did open my eyes a little bit and I probably will check out Quantum of Solace in the near future. Expand
  8. Oct 26, 2012
    Casino Royale is one of the best 007 movies. Daniel Craig makes for an excellent Bond, lending both raw emotion and ice-cold psychopathic detachment all in one go. That's quite a feat! The blistering action, stunning locations and gorgeous woman don't hurt the experience either.
  9. Aug 28, 2014
    I am not a big fan of Bond movies, but this one actually captured my interest and approval. Mr. Bond is, for once, very human. He bleeds, stumbles, and pants for air. He fails and falls.

The action and wickedness of the movie keeps you on your toes to the very end of the movie. And (at least in my humble opinion) for once the Bond girl(s) are pretty human, too. Not those overly pretty, overly cocky kind of women who are just there to look good, and to fall into 007's clutches without even a snap of fingers from the said man (okay, so maybe they were a little easy... and one of them so disposable they could have completely gone without her...).
  10. Nov 12, 2013
    Not entirely faithful to the amazing, classic novel of Ian Fleming, 007 is saved by the blunt Daniel Craig, who adds an even tougher image to Bond then Connery had made. Gritty action while maintaining sophisticated dialogue and beautiful women, that's the type of Bond movie I like.
  11. Jun 2, 2013
    One of the most surprising and satisfying films I've ever seen. Not only is this a great Bond movie, it may very well be the best Bond movie. Brilliant.
  12. Feb 18, 2013
    I bet the big wigs at MGM are laughing and making crude gestures to all the doubters who petitioned to have Daniel Craig removed as the new Bond, and they should be, because there was no mistake, and what has been crafted one of the most flawless films in the past decade. This is not the Bond everybody knows, gone are the gadgets of Brosnan or the suave of Connery,not only does CasinoI bet the big wigs at MGM are laughing and making crude gestures to all the doubters who petitioned to have Daniel Craig removed as the new Bond, and they should be, because there was no mistake, and what has been crafted one of the most flawless films in the past decade. This is not the Bond everybody knows, gone are the gadgets of Brosnan or the suave of Connery,not only does Casino Royale basically cancel out the rest, as Bond has yet to receive his '00' status, but it creates a whole new type of character that we have not yet seen. The opening black and white scene paints a very different agent to what we are accustomed to..fist fighting with a man in a toilet, beating each other senseless and slamming each other into sinks until Bond eventually drowns his victim, this is a new, dark and gritty direction that is brilliant in every way.
    Judi Dench returns as a more centered and grounded M, who tasks Bond with infiltrating the terrorist operation of Le Chiffre (Mals Mikkelsen) who employs a bomb maker that Bond chases in a breathtaking parkour scene through a construction site.
    After Bond foils Le Chiffre's terrorist attempt in a Miami airport, he is entered into a poker game involving Le Chiffre to attempt to bankrupt him to the end of MI6 using him to bring down a terrorist organisation.
    With Eva Green taking the female lead as Vesper Lynd, this is a Bond film that is very much human, with touches of realism that paint a very different picture, he bleeds, he is reckless, and doesn't seem to give a damn about anything, and the writing team have taken on this leap to show Bonds complete disregard for what we are use to like the utter destruction of a brand new Aston Martin, ("Shaken or Stirred?" "Do I look like I give a damn?")
    Daniel Craig portrays a man who has the skill set and aura of Jason Bourne, but with a vulnerable state of insecurity and isolation.There is enough action to rival the biggest of blockbusters, with carefully choreographed scenes and brilliant set pieces including an airport chase along the runway, it can't be stressed enough that Craig is portraying a very serious and realistic 'operative', and not a 'secret agent'.
    Not only is this the best Bond movie in its long history, but also one of the best films to appear this decade.
  13. Nov 2, 2012
    Simply the best Bond of all times. Also if Daniel Craig isn't the best actor I could imagine for this role, this is subordinate because of the great supporting actors. Eva Green is fetchingly good and Mads Mikkelsen as the antagonist is also very well played. The whole film consists of so much rememberable action scenes, every single one is just awesome! The long break between this and theSimply the best Bond of all times. Also if Daniel Craig isn't the best actor I could imagine for this role, this is subordinate because of the great supporting actors. Eva Green is fetchingly good and Mads Mikkelsen as the antagonist is also very well played. The whole film consists of so much rememberable action scenes, every single one is just awesome! The long break between this and the last Bond was essential, with the new techniques there are better visual and audio effects, that improve the whole movie quite much. 'Casino Royale' is a legendary story, the ending is absolutely great and I also enjoyed the poker game. It's a little step away from being a perfect action movie, but is surely one of the best I've seen in years and everything just works in this film. Simply awesome! Expand
  14. Dec 31, 2011
    I enjoyed it and it's pretty much a given that every Bond film staring the new Bond is gonna be good. The huge problems the film had is that it took quite a bit to get into and to get interesting. Also it did a poor job going from action to drama. Besides that, It was still a good action film and Daniel Craig is one of the best Bonds yet.
  15. Nov 9, 2014
    Casino Royale rejuvenates the Bond franchise with a beautifully crafted film complete with wit, emotion, plot and of course, enthralling action sequences.
  16. Aug 12, 2013
    Over the years Bond movies had become a little cheesy and so director Martin Campbell reinvents the spy in a grittier and more realistic portrayal taking audiences right back to the start.

The opening chase sequence must rank amongst the best movie openings in cinema history and will instantly grab the attention of most viewers. Fortunately the rest of the movie is almost as entertaining striking a good balance between developing Bond's character and including the car chases and explosions one would expect. Importantly Daniel Craig is also very good in his first Bond outing making Casino Royale a thrilling two hours of cinema.
  17. Nov 26, 2011
    Daniel Craig is a great addition to the many actors that played Bond before him and he was wonderful in this film. It can get a little dull but overall the action sequences and the film as a whole was well worth watching and one of the best in the Bond series.
  18. Jul 30, 2014
    Daniel Craig's cast as James Bond looked weird at first, but it was quickly proven that he is more than an adequate fit for the role. Agent 007 gets a different character and charm in Craig's somewhat emotionless face. What makes "Casino Royale" special is its excellent direction and its modern look, even if the scenario is too commonplace and the ending a bit disappointing. But altogetherDaniel Craig's cast as James Bond looked weird at first, but it was quickly proven that he is more than an adequate fit for the role. Agent 007 gets a different character and charm in Craig's somewhat emotionless face. What makes "Casino Royale" special is its excellent direction and its modern look, even if the scenario is too commonplace and the ending a bit disappointing. But altogether this distinctive installment of the Bond franchise is a decent one. Expand
  19. Mar 22, 2013
    Certainly the best Bond movie I've seen. Craig's portrayal of 007 is refreshing. The action and suspense was plenty, and so was engaging dialogue. The sequence at the casino was riveting. The acting all around was quite good. I had a great time all the way. Bond came across as very human, and I found myself caring about his fate for the first time. He was upfront, brutal and effective as aCertainly the best Bond movie I've seen. Craig's portrayal of 007 is refreshing. The action and suspense was plenty, and so was engaging dialogue. The sequence at the casino was riveting. The acting all around was quite good. I had a great time all the way. Bond came across as very human, and I found myself caring about his fate for the first time. He was upfront, brutal and effective as a true agent would be, not a pretentious snob like he was displayed to be by Brosnan. The balance between action, dialogue, plot and romance was well maintained. Expand
  20. Oct 7, 2012
    There is quite a lot of action before things focus on the Casino; all of this is well done and features much of the stunt work in the film. I have to say it does appear to get a little lost once the main focus of the film is established. Once we do get there the scenes in and around the Casino are quite compelling and it is here that we actually get a feeling for how Daniel Craig portraysThere is quite a lot of action before things focus on the Casino; all of this is well done and features much of the stunt work in the film. I have to say it does appear to get a little lost once the main focus of the film is established. Once we do get there the scenes in and around the Casino are quite compelling and it is here that we actually get a feeling for how Daniel Craig portrays Bond. He has vulnerabilities that make him appear more human and this in turn gives the audience a chance to understand his motivations. I must admit I really enjoyed Craig Expand
  21. Dec 13, 2013
  22. Jan 16, 2015
    É um Bom filme mas é um pouco superestimado,não é as mil maravilhas mas tem a capacidade de prender o telespectador,tem boas cenas de ação se bem que metade do filme é Bond num cassino. Com certeza não é as mil maravilhas. Um filme bom mas muito superestimado.
  23. Mar 18, 2013
    I am not a big fan of 007, but this "new" Bond, with it rather realistic portrayal was a nice addition to the series in my opinion. Casino Royale is a well made action movie, an though I do not like the genre, this movie was made has quality. Overall an enjoyable action movie.
  24. Jan 23, 2013
    The best Bond movie in the franchise, in my opinion. Casino Royale is filled with great action, great characters, and a great story line. It also features on of the best Bond girls, as she is actually given a character instead of just being there for her looks.
  25. May 3, 2013
    A new bond is always good in the new refreshed 007 movies. 21st century James Bond is entertaining and has a leveled amount of violence. Excellent plot and you MUST see this. Really, anyone who gave it 5 or under did not actually see the movie or needed glasses, or they might have been watching clique Casino Spoof.
  26. Jul 16, 2013
    A great restart to the classic character that is played out brilliantly by Daniel Craig. The film is another great classic Bond film (that is only missing a few elements, but those are overshadowed by other classic Bond elements), the acting in this film is great, the script is well written and witty that breaths freshness into the series, the action is jaw dropping, the music brings usA great restart to the classic character that is played out brilliantly by Daniel Craig. The film is another great classic Bond film (that is only missing a few elements, but those are overshadowed by other classic Bond elements), the acting in this film is great, the script is well written and witty that breaths freshness into the series, the action is jaw dropping, the music brings us back to John Barry's style with a modern twist. This film is high in style and is a very great and classical Bond film adaption! Expand
  27. Aug 18, 2010
    Craig's finest effort and a marvel to behold. Casino Royale hits all the notes correctly and by end most will agree it's the best Bond film since Goldeneye.
  28. Sep 28, 2011
    This film is fantastic! Especially the chase at the beginning. Loved every second of it. They've got the right balance between action and developing the story. It's not boring to watch, but isn't guns going off all the way. Nicely done.
  29. Jun 13, 2011
    I was actually really surprised. Daniel Craig was an amazing Bond and Eva Green to me was one of the best Bond girls. The plot was actually really good and believable. The acting was great. The only problems I have with the movie is that its a prequil but the technoligy was far better then the other films and M looks older. But once you get past those details this movie was great.
  30. Mar 23, 2012
    This film, 'Casino Royale' is like a breath of cool, fresh air in the sense that it absolutely refreshes the entire James Bond franchise. Daniel Craig has exceeded all expectations and has successfully molded his own version of the famous 007 spy. The movie itself is dark, gritty and realistic; gone are the days of the cheeky, suave Bonds we've previously seen in the past. However ifThis film, 'Casino Royale' is like a breath of cool, fresh air in the sense that it absolutely refreshes the entire James Bond franchise. Daniel Craig has exceeded all expectations and has successfully molded his own version of the famous 007 spy. The movie itself is dark, gritty and realistic; gone are the days of the cheeky, suave Bonds we've previously seen in the past. However if you're not a fan of poker this flick will prove to be both tedious and boring at times and the lack of a decent villain is somewhat disappointing to say the least. Expand

1. What a relief to escape the series' increasing bondage to high-tech gimmicks in favor of intrigue and suspense featuring richly nuanced characters and women who think the body's sexiest organ is the brain.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Craig comes closer to the author's original conception of this exceptionally long-lived male fantasy figure than anyone since early Sean Connery.
  3. This Bond is haunted, not yet housebroken, still figuring out the persona. In Casino Royale, the reset button has been pressed in the manner of "Batman Begins."