8.0

1. Jan 25, 2015
    The Pierce Brosnan era was over, the actor still good as Bond, but weighed down by poor scripts, he never really got the kudos he deserved. EON felt it was time to reboot and they did so perfectly with "Casino Royale", Fleming's first book. The mood is dark and gritty, physical, returning to the darker tone of the Dalton era, and setting Bond up for the modern age. The cast, especiallyThe Pierce Brosnan era was over, the actor still good as Bond, but weighed down by poor scripts, he never really got the kudos he deserved. EON felt it was time to reboot and they did so perfectly with "Casino Royale", Fleming's first book. The mood is dark and gritty, physical, returning to the darker tone of the Dalton era, and setting Bond up for the modern age. The cast, especially Daniel Craig as Bond, are first rate and the results make this one of the best Bond films ever. Excellent. Expand
  2. Jan 16, 2015
    É um Bom filme mas é um pouco superestimado,não é as mil maravilhas mas tem a capacidade de prender o telespectador,tem boas cenas de ação se bem que metade do filme é Bond num cassino. Com certeza não é as mil maravilhas. Um filme bom mas muito superestimado.
  3. Jan 3, 2015
    Why is this so highly praised is one of universe mysteries to me.
    Its one of the most boring dull stupid films I have ever watched in my entire life.
    I have never had to force myself to sit through a film with multiple pauses to breath and rest my brain from boredom. Only worse movie experience for me was "Give them hell Malone" its that bad. The black guy chasing scene...omfg...its so
    Why is this so highly praised is one of universe mysteries to me.
    The black guy chasing scene...omfg...its so long and so pointless and so stupid.
    Its not a Bond film, Craig is an ok actor but he's all the opposite of Bond. He looks like a construction worker, more like a bad guy from Bond films than main character. I got some feedback that he's attractive to women in that lumberjack sort of way so that's the appeal...ok, to each their own but Bond is not a lumberjack.
    Even as a "not Bond action film" its shallow uninteresting and stupid. Everything rolls around tracing cell phones, the main bad guy is totally forgettable, the plot is pointless...getting money for terrorism ( not something explicit but terrorism as an occupation maybe ? lol ) by playing high stakes poker..i mean wtf? who come up with that **** lol
    Only redeeming quality is Eva Green, beautiful woman ( not that great of on actress but still) but even she is poorly used.
  4. Dec 13, 2014
    It is dark ,cold ,classy& edgy all the things you need from 007 agent .
    "Even James Bond, in other words, wants to be 007.
    This movie is a serious business to depict the real bond from the novel.

David Arnold what a genius score. Also it has some of the classiest cinematography I have ever came across in my life

The Best bond and bond movie ever for me,
  5. Nov 9, 2014
    Casino Royale rejuvenates the Bond franchise with a beautifully crafted film complete with wit, emotion, plot and of course, enthralling action sequences.
  6. Aug 31, 2014
    Daniel Craig is a refreshing and exhilarating take on James Bond. Casino Royale proves that James Bond will continue to be a part of our lives for years to come.
  7. Aug 28, 2014
    I am not a big fan of Bond movies, but this one actually captured my interest and approval. Mr. Bond is, for once, very human. He bleeds, stumbles, and pants for air. He fails and falls.

The action and wickedness of the movie keeps you on your toes to the very end of the movie. And (at least in my humble opinion) for once the Bond girl(s) are pretty human, too. Not those overly pretty, overly cocky kind of women who are just there to look good, and to fall into 007's clutches without even a snap of fingers from the said man (okay, so maybe they were a little easy... and one of them so disposable they could have completely gone without her...).
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    Daniel Craig's cast as James Bond looked weird at first, but it was quickly proven that he is more than an adequate fit for the role. Agent 007 gets a different character and charm in Craig's somewhat emotionless face. What makes "Casino Royale" special is its excellent direction and its modern look, even if the scenario is too commonplace and the ending a bit disappointing. But altogetherDaniel Craig's cast as James Bond looked weird at first, but it was quickly proven that he is more than an adequate fit for the role. Agent 007 gets a different character and charm in Craig's somewhat emotionless face. What makes "Casino Royale" special is its excellent direction and its modern look, even if the scenario is too commonplace and the ending a bit disappointing. But altogether this distinctive installment of the Bond franchise is a decent one. Expand
  9. May 22, 2014
    OK Better than Sky fall. You can see this movie. this is one of my first movies with torture. First bond movie with a longest poker game in the movie.
  10. Apr 20, 2014
    Perhaps the best Bond film ever, and one of the best action films I've ever seen. It's grittier and more violent than the previous films, but it is purely entertaining.
  11. Dec 13, 2013
  12. Nov 12, 2013
    Not entirely faithful to the amazing, classic novel of Ian Fleming, 007 is saved by the blunt Daniel Craig, who adds an even tougher image to Bond then Connery had made. Gritty action while maintaining sophisticated dialogue and beautiful women, that's the type of Bond movie I like.
  13. Sep 26, 2013
    Casino Royale is by far the best of the newest Bonds, with an exciting premise, masterful execution, and an overall Bond feel to it that is mesmerizingly good.
  14. Aug 12, 2013
    Over the years Bond movies had become a little cheesy and so director Martin Campbell reinvents the spy in a grittier and more realistic portrayal taking audiences right back to the start.

The opening chase sequence must rank amongst the best movie openings in cinema history and will instantly grab the attention of most viewers. Fortunately the rest of the movie is almost as entertaining striking a good balance between developing Bond's character and including the car chases and explosions one would expect. Importantly Daniel Craig is also very good in his first Bond outing making Casino Royale a thrilling two hours of cinema.
  15. Jul 16, 2013
    A great restart to the classic character that is played out brilliantly by Daniel Craig. The film is another great classic Bond film (that is only missing a few elements, but those are overshadowed by other classic Bond elements), the acting in this film is great, the script is well written and witty that breaths freshness into the series, the action is jaw dropping, the music brings usA great restart to the classic character that is played out brilliantly by Daniel Craig. The film is another great classic Bond film (that is only missing a few elements, but those are overshadowed by other classic Bond elements), the acting in this film is great, the script is well written and witty that breaths freshness into the series, the action is jaw dropping, the music brings us back to John Barry's style with a modern twist. This film is high in style and is a very great and classical Bond film adaption! Expand
  16. Jul 10, 2013
    An outstanding piece of cinema and probably the best Bond movie. Daniel Craig gives us a more realistic, darker edge, vulnerable Bond and proves himself worthy of the role and will obviously be considered one of the best along with Sean Connery. The film delivers everything you want in a movie, a true spy story with twists and suspense, great action in between and plenty of characterAn outstanding piece of cinema and probably the best Bond movie. Daniel Craig gives us a more realistic, darker edge, vulnerable Bond and proves himself worthy of the role and will obviously be considered one of the best along with Sean Connery. The film delivers everything you want in a movie, a true spy story with twists and suspense, great action in between and plenty of character development including a group of sinister villains. It delivers what we want in a Bond film as well. It does just about everything right. I have no complaints. Expand
  17. Jun 2, 2013
    One of the most surprising and satisfying films I've ever seen. Not only is this a great Bond movie, it may very well be the best Bond movie. Brilliant.
  18. May 19, 2013
    Casino Royale is the best bond film since Goldfinger and Daniel Craig is the best bond since Sean Connery. The last four bond films starring Pierce Brosnan were all just 90 minute parades of badly choreographed car chases, way too many seemingly irrelevant gadgets and stuff blowing up. It was time for a change and Casino Royale effectively cleaned the slate.
  19. May 17, 2013
    There is really nothing wrong with this movie. I just like it for a nine. The only thing I didn't like about this movie is the ending, which led into the awful Quantum of Solace. But that's mainly a complaint about that movie.
  20. May 3, 2013
    A new bond is always good in the new refreshed 007 movies. 21st century James Bond is entertaining and has a leveled amount of violence. Excellent plot and you MUST see this. Really, anyone who gave it 5 or under did not actually see the movie or needed glasses, or they might have been watching clique Casino Spoof.
  21. Mar 22, 2013
    Certainly the best Bond movie I've seen. Craig's portrayal of 007 is refreshing. The action and suspense was plenty, and so was engaging dialogue. The sequence at the casino was riveting. The acting all around was quite good. I had a great time all the way. Bond came across as very human, and I found myself caring about his fate for the first time. He was upfront, brutal and effective as aCertainly the best Bond movie I've seen. Craig's portrayal of 007 is refreshing. The action and suspense was plenty, and so was engaging dialogue. The sequence at the casino was riveting. The acting all around was quite good. I had a great time all the way. Bond came across as very human, and I found myself caring about his fate for the first time. He was upfront, brutal and effective as a true agent would be, not a pretentious snob like he was displayed to be by Brosnan. The balance between action, dialogue, plot and romance was well maintained. Expand
  22. Mar 18, 2013
    I am not a big fan of 007, but this "new" Bond, with it rather realistic portrayal was a nice addition to the series in my opinion. Casino Royale is a well made action movie, an though I do not like the genre, this movie was made has quality. Overall an enjoyable action movie.
  23. Mar 10, 2013
    Like the direction that the filmmakers took with casino royale. Its darker than the previous bonds, its more brutal and it has a suprisingly good story in it
  24. Feb 23, 2013
    I've never been a fan of James Bond. Probably, because I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as 007 and he sucked. I decide to give the series another shot, not because of Bond, but rather Daniel Craig. I have been a fan of Craig's for some time, having seen several of the films from overseas. I knew then that he would be a huge action star and now he's 007. As for my first Bond movie, it wasI've never been a fan of James Bond. Probably, because I grew up with Pierce Brosnan as 007 and he sucked. I decide to give the series another shot, not because of Bond, but rather Daniel Craig. I have been a fan of Craig's for some time, having seen several of the films from overseas. I knew then that he would be a huge action star and now he's 007. As for my first Bond movie, it was pretty good. Craig was fantastic and avoided much of the cliché Bond moments that most of us have come to loath. The film was entertaining, but also pretty predictable and much longer than it needed to be. I was also very unimpressed by the bad guys. I thought Bond villains were supposed to be classic, but these guys were rather forgettable. I'm not in love with the Bond character, but this film did open my eyes a little bit and I probably will check out Quantum of Solace in the near future. Expand
  25. Feb 18, 2013
    I bet the big wigs at MGM are laughing and making crude gestures to all the doubters who petitioned to have Daniel Craig removed as the new Bond, and they should be, because there was no mistake, and what has been crafted one of the most flawless films in the past decade. This is not the Bond everybody knows, gone are the gadgets of Brosnan or the suave of Connery,not only does CasinoI bet the big wigs at MGM are laughing and making crude gestures to all the doubters who petitioned to have Daniel Craig removed as the new Bond, and they should be, because there was no mistake, and what has been crafted one of the most flawless films in the past decade. This is not the Bond everybody knows, gone are the gadgets of Brosnan or the suave of Connery,not only does Casino Royale basically cancel out the rest, as Bond has yet to receive his '00' status, but it creates a whole new type of character that we have not yet seen. The opening black and white scene paints a very different agent to what we are accustomed to..fist fighting with a man in a toilet, beating each other senseless and slamming each other into sinks until Bond eventually drowns his victim, this is a new, dark and gritty direction that is brilliant in every way.
    Judi Dench returns as a more centered and grounded M, who tasks Bond with infiltrating the terrorist operation of Le Chiffre (Mals Mikkelsen) who employs a bomb maker that Bond chases in a breathtaking parkour scene through a construction site.
    After Bond foils Le Chiffre's terrorist attempt in a Miami airport, he is entered into a poker game involving Le Chiffre to attempt to bankrupt him to the end of MI6 using him to bring down a terrorist organisation.
    With Eva Green taking the female lead as Vesper Lynd, this is a Bond film that is very much human, with touches of realism that paint a very different picture, he bleeds, he is reckless, and doesn't seem to give a damn about anything, and the writing team have taken on this leap to show Bonds complete disregard for what we are use to like the utter destruction of a brand new Aston Martin, ("Shaken or Stirred?" "Do I look like I give a damn?")
    Daniel Craig portrays a man who has the skill set and aura of Jason Bourne, but with a vulnerable state of insecurity and isolation.There is enough action to rival the biggest of blockbusters, with carefully choreographed scenes and brilliant set pieces including an airport chase along the runway, it can't be stressed enough that Craig is portraying a very serious and realistic 'operative', and not a 'secret agent'.
    Not only is this the best Bond movie in its long history, but also one of the best films to appear this decade.
  26. Jan 23, 2013
    The best Bond movie in the franchise, in my opinion. Casino Royale is filled with great action, great characters, and a great story line. It also features on of the best Bond girls, as she is actually given a character instead of just being there for her looks.
  27. Jan 18, 2013
    This is the best bond film i've seen so far. Well acting by Mad Mikkelsen and Daniël Craig.Everything is good on this movie. This is an awesome Bond movie
  28. Jan 2, 2013
    Great action, Good story, and good acting by the cast. Daniel Craig is a great Bond and may even be the best Bond yet. Loved watching this movie and would highly recommend it.
  29. Dec 29, 2012
    I did not like this movie at all. The action scenes are waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, so long that you'll forget how and why they're even happening. Bond jumps all over the place, so much so that he reminds me more of Super Mario than anything else. The plot is difficult to appreciate, there's just nothing the viewer is able to relate to in this movie. The only bright spot is Judy Dench,I did not like this movie at all. The action scenes are waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, so long that you'll forget how and why they're even happening. Bond jumps all over the place, so much so that he reminds me more of Super Mario than anything else. The plot is difficult to appreciate, there's just nothing the viewer is able to relate to in this movie. The only bright spot is Judy Dench, who is wonderful in any role she plays. Maybe this movie is worth watching just for her scenes. Daniel Craig is good, too, but the movie doesn't take advantage of his strong screen presence. Hopefully Skyfall will be better? Expand
  30. Dec 27, 2012
    Craig's introduction the the Bond role is filled with action, suspense, and a dark new take on James Bond himself. Easily the closest movie adaptation of Bond to Ian Fleming's novels, it shows that Bond can be edgy and dark, even gritty and outright cringe-worthy at times. To put it into perspective, Daniel Craig is the ANTI Roger Moore. He's dark, serious, emotionless, and brutal. JustCraig's introduction the the Bond role is filled with action, suspense, and a dark new take on James Bond himself. Easily the closest movie adaptation of Bond to Ian Fleming's novels, it shows that Bond can be edgy and dark, even gritty and outright cringe-worthy at times. To put it into perspective, Daniel Craig is the ANTI Roger Moore. He's dark, serious, emotionless, and brutal. Just like Ian Fleming's original adaptation. So if you prefer a lighter bond, he may not be for you. But if you love Fleming's Bond, you'll probably adore Craig. Expand

1. What a relief to escape the series' increasing bondage to high-tech gimmicks in favor of intrigue and suspense featuring richly nuanced characters and women who think the body's sexiest organ is the brain.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Craig comes closer to the author's original conception of this exceptionally long-lived male fantasy figure than anyone since early Sean Connery.
  3. This Bond is haunted, not yet housebroken, still figuring out the persona. In Casino Royale, the reset button has been pressed in the manner of "Batman Begins."