Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: December 22, 2000
6.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 291 Ratings
WATCH NOW
csw12Sep 2, 2012
I like survival movies and this one met my needs. Tom hanks really got into the role by losing and gaining weight. It has a good emotion but the movie is slightly overrated. .
Trev29Sep 2, 2012
Tom Hanks really put a lot into this movie. My favorite character though is, Wilson. A classic story that was brought to the big screen with humor and sadness.This movie is kind of scary in a way too.
J-ShapAug 25, 2011
Tom Hanks is an actor who almost never fails. And, to be honest, he does not fail in this. It is the movie around him that fails; a largely vapid drama, devoid of tension or insight into a horrifying situation, and simply interested inTom Hanks is an actor who almost never fails. And, to be honest, he does not fail in this. It is the movie around him that fails; a largely vapid drama, devoid of tension or insight into a horrifying situation, and simply interested in showing off Hanks' acting. We've seen Philadelphia, we don't need proof. Expand
OzzieM.Jul 22, 2001
Great backgrounds and effects. But the ending and the story really stunk. Not enough exploration was done on the on the real star of the movie...the island!
0 of 0 users found this helpful
GlynnG.Sep 1, 2001
Why Helen Hunt? Her irritatingly bad performance took away from what was a great Tom Hanks performance.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
NedD.Sep 14, 2001
Great plane crash. I hope I haven't spoiled the only reason to see this movie. Unless watching Tom Hanks learn to eat a coconut is your idea of great entertainment.
0 of 1 users found this helpful