8.2

1. Sep 4, 2014
    Catch Me If You Can is a breezy, light Spielberg film full o charm and great performances, especially DiCaprio and Walken. Hanks plays the slightly inept FBI agent, and the move closes with a surprisingly fulfilling ending. It is 140 minutes of entertainment, and maybe even some themes in there somewhere.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    Although not considered one of Steven Spielberg's grander successes, Catch Me If You Can is one of the most fascinating and stimulating stories ever told. It also helps that the gang's all here... Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks and a film debut for Amy Adams.
  3. Jun 16, 2014
    Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks, Leonardo Di Caprio, Christopher Walken, what more could anybody ask for ? Strongly acted, beautifully filmed, Catch Me If You Can successfully conveys a warm-hearted message not only about how the life of the probably most incredible con artist of 20th century, Frank Abagnale Jr. turned upside down due to the influence his father'sDirected by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks, Leonardo Di Caprio, Christopher Walken, what more could anybody ask for ? Strongly acted, beautifully filmed, Catch Me If You Can successfully conveys a warm-hearted message not only about how the life of the probably most incredible con artist of 20th century, Frank Abagnale Jr. turned upside down due to the influence his father's lifestyle and personality had on him, which raised sympathy rather than hatred but also about an unbelievable friendship between him, a criminal, and an FBI agent who, while attempting to have him arrested, realized his potential to become the world's leader in financial crime investigation. This is such a masterpiece that i am shocked by the fact that Leo didn't win the Academy Award for Best Actor. Expand
  4. May 15, 2014
    Very well put together movie. This is a drama film that will have you guessing what's to come. The conclusion is great, the acting is well done. The dialog in this is well written great movie highly recommend a viewing 8.9/10
  5. Jan 6, 2014
    Starting with tasteful credits, and ending in one of the most iconic film pursuits.
  6. Dec 31, 2013
    I watched this movie for a second time, and I still really enjoyed it. Though I must admit I do get a little fidgety at the start, finding it easy to lose interest for a few seconds, this movie never fails to catch my interest right back. The fact that it is a true story still amazes me, the movie portraying the story very well. It is a very fun and exciting movie to watch and theI watched this movie for a second time, and I still really enjoyed it. Though I must admit I do get a little fidgety at the start, finding it easy to lose interest for a few seconds, this movie never fails to catch my interest right back. The fact that it is a true story still amazes me, the movie portraying the story very well. It is a very fun and exciting movie to watch and the characters are played very well throughout the entirety of the film! Expand
  7. Dec 3, 2013
    Can glamor, style, beauty and charisma are better than the gross substance? Yes, Spielberg shows us that yes in its flash and as a director artificial version (took me to believe that he was the director until you see the final) DiCaprio and Hanks form a formidable duo in an almost platonic friendship, the cast of support does their role well (especially C.Walken illustrating the figureCan glamor, style, beauty and charisma are better than the gross substance? Yes, Spielberg shows us that yes in its flash and as a director artificial version (took me to believe that he was the director until you see the final) DiCaprio and Hanks form a formidable duo in an almost platonic friendship, the cast of support does their role well (especially C.Walken illustrating the figure of the patriarch example for family, good pint but insecure and flawed) catapulting stars at the time were mere adjuncts or doubt himself as DI Caprio, and Amy Adams (who knew) Jennifer Gardner.
    Its main defects are the means swollen end, and a certain indecision tonic, because it is not as funny as a com├ędiae not serious for a drama, but nothing that affects too, say that he is one of those movies that extol the quality of a director for its contrast with his previous films (which is not to say that the film is a masterpiece, but that impresses with versatility director, who is admit Spielberg).
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    Recently watched the movie, its entertaining, funny, gets you to think that with proper motivation you can achieve anything and in summary very well made film.
  9. Aug 9, 2013
    Why hasn't DiCaprio gotten an Academy Award? Ever since I saw this film that question has hung over me. "Catch Me If You Can" is brilliant, a beautifully delivered movie in all ways. This film has it all, great actors, realistic and witty dialogue, amazing cinematography, flawless execution and the list goes on and on. Out of all of Spielberg's films, I have to say that this one is myWhy hasn't DiCaprio gotten an Academy Award? Ever since I saw this film that question has hung over me. "Catch Me If You Can" is brilliant, a beautifully delivered movie in all ways. This film has it all, great actors, realistic and witty dialogue, amazing cinematography, flawless execution and the list goes on and on. Out of all of Spielberg's films, I have to say that this one is my favorite. A very entertaining and emotionally stimulating film that carries some of the most memorable performances I have seen ever. Expand
  10. Apr 21, 2013
    This one is a Steven Spielberg biographic classic. The story of a con-man in the 1960s who conned millions of checks and took the role of becoming a Pan Am Pilot, a doctor and a legal prosecuter is very interesting to watch. To me, it was interesting to see Frank basically just go all over the place. The movie has some very talented actors like Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks and especiallyThis one is a Steven Spielberg biographic classic. The story of a con-man in the 1960s who conned millions of checks and took the role of becoming a Pan Am Pilot, a doctor and a legal prosecuter is very interesting to watch. To me, it was interesting to see Frank basically just go all over the place. The movie has some very talented actors like Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks and especially Leonardo DiCaprio. This is easily one DiCaprio's top 5 films of all time. He really plays the role perfectly and has that kid like sense in him that we haven't seen since "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". Plus, Tom Hanks was a great supporting actor. I've never seen him as one of those "side characters". However, he manages to give a great performance as Carl Handratty. As far as storyline goes, it's all over the place. There's just so much to keep up with, but with Steven Spielberg, you're on a great journey with this likeable character. The movie does slow down at the end once Frank gets thrown in prison and eventually starts to work with the FBI, but other than that, the movie sets a good pace. Overall, it's an interesting biography on one of the biggest con-artist's in America. Expand
  11. Feb 24, 2013
    Catch Me If You Can is a true story and a triumph. This is a very different story and it's that uniqueness that lets you know it has to be true. You can't make this stuff up! Leo DiCaprio is amazing, showing the birth of one of the the countries all-time best con men, in a time when it was relatively easy to do. Tom Hanks is equally as good as the guy who's chasing him, showing once againCatch Me If You Can is a true story and a triumph. This is a very different story and it's that uniqueness that lets you know it has to be true. You can't make this stuff up! Leo DiCaprio is amazing, showing the birth of one of the the countries all-time best con men, in a time when it was relatively easy to do. Tom Hanks is equally as good as the guy who's chasing him, showing once again why he has the reputation that he does. This is one of the best films I've seen in a long time, don't be a fool, you have to see this! Expand
  12. May 16, 2012
    Although too slight to make a serious dent, Catch Me If You Can is a very entertaining effort from Spielberg. I say 'effort', but it all seems so effortless. Everything combines excellently in this movie; the excellent performances, the breezy pacing, the tight script, the sumptuous period detail... It might not be epic or even particularly deep, but Catch Me If You Can makes for aAlthough too slight to make a serious dent, Catch Me If You Can is a very entertaining effort from Spielberg. I say 'effort', but it all seems so effortless. Everything combines excellently in this movie; the excellent performances, the breezy pacing, the tight script, the sumptuous period detail... It might not be epic or even particularly deep, but Catch Me If You Can makes for a fantastic popcorn flick. Expand
  13. Jan 21, 2012
    A very entertaining and emotionally stimulating watch. Wouldn't say the film was unmissable but definitely a good use of some spare time. An interesting study of the sly and cunning of a legendary con artist , also on how simply appearance and sincerity on the exterior can affect human behaviour and confidence in the most powerful ways.
  14. Apr 16, 2011
    Underrated performance by Di Caprio who is excellent in this movie which starts well but I found it ran out of steam about half way through. Still an enjoyable movie and well worth a watch.
  15. Feb 22, 2011
    This is easily the most underrated movie ever
  16. Sep 19, 2010
    Smart, intelligent, and even adept movie with exciting, quick, well-made stylistic writing, and powerful performances by Di Caprio makes this movie superb.

1. The movie could have used a further dose of the resonance Walken gives it, and a more intellectually adventurous director might have brought the theme close to home.
  2. Brilliant performances by DiCaprio as Frank Jr. and Christopher Walken as his fallen father - and an enjoyable one by Tom Hanks.
    Spielberg's inchoate attempts at cultural observation stretch the movie out and dilute the giddiness instead of adding a pleasurable spike. When the movie doesn't feel inflated, it feels soggy.