Catwoman

2.7

1. Jun 8, 2011
    I found this film great. It is a very good origin film. It shows how she got her power, how her life changed, and what happens when someone messes with her. I thought that the costume kept with catwoman's personality and that Halle Berry played her role very good. I don't know why a lot of people did not like this film.
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    I believe that the new Cat Woman (2004) is the best Cat Woman,of all of the Cat Woman movies.
    Halle Berry(as Patience Phillips/Cat Women) hit the mark-that I believe,Cat Woman deserves. I wasn't very impressed with Anne Hathaway's version that where she tried to be like Cat Woman in Batman Rises.
    I felt like when Halle Berry played Cat Woman,it was more of a dominating version-that we expect of Cat Woman. As I watched every little detail of how Anne Hathaway made Cat Woman-a character,I didn't think Anne Hathaway had that really sick/bad girl side to her. She wasn't at her most-the flirtiest/dominating/feisty self.
  3. Apr 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think a lot of the critics just didn't get this movie. Maybe they were disappointed that it wasn't another chapter in the adventures of Selina Kyle. No, it's not: different name, different premise and totally different interpretation of what it might be like to become a Catwoman. What =I= don't get is why there is anything wrong with that? We're talking about a fictional character, people, lighten up! Some of the critics are saying that Halle Berry's performance is too "over the top" after she is transformed. Maybe for a 100% human lady but hey this is a story about a woman brought back to life by a magical Mau on an errand from Bast the Cat Goddess. Halle's facial expressions, voice and moves, especially when toying with her "prey", become verrrry feline which is a good part of the point of the movie. Another point is that Catwoman is both a tribute to female power and independence and also explores the darker side of power in both men and women and methinks some of the critics are a tad uncomfortable with both of these things. Whatever. There's plenty to like in this movie. A mythic storyline of initiation and rebirth, darkly beautiful visuals, a clever Egyptian-inspired cats-and-catwomen through history subplot that starts with elegant title art, solid performances from Sharon Stone, Benjamin Bratt, Frances Conroy and Hembert Wilson and a fine supporting cast both human and feline. Forget the critics. Go see this movie with an open mind and you'll probably enjoy it. And you might even love it as much as I did :-) Expand
  4. ShoB
    Apr 19, 2010
    Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness sake! Sheesh! Expand
  5. Jul 15, 2014
    I don't think this is a bad movie.It wasn't based on the comics but it had a good storyline.It didn't needed Batman in this movie,it was good.I would give a 6.5 in a review,but this movie don't deserve 3,9 in Metacritic,so I'm going to give a 10 only to help.
  6. H.B.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Wow! I mean, I expected this film to be good, with Halle Berry, one of the best young actresses out there, and Sharon Stone, a true tried and true screen beauty vet, as top billing. But truly this all blew me away! Incredible fight scenes, great humour, and a touching love story all come together to make the movie event of the summer so far. Move out of the way, Spiderman, a new movie has Wow! I mean, I expected this film to be good, with Halle Berry, one of the best young actresses out there, and Sharon Stone, a true tried and true screen beauty vet, as top billing. But truly this all blew me away! Incredible fight scenes, great humour, and a touching love story all come together to make the movie event of the summer so far. Move out of the way, Spiderman, a new movie has come to sit atop the top webs of superhero movies, and her name is Catwoman! Expand
  7. TheresaS.
    Oct 2, 2006
    Lighten up, people. This movie is great fun and a totally unique take on the Catwoman myth.
  8. Sep 26, 2014
    This film is amazing: Halle berry is perfect as catwoman. The action scenes show adrenaline. This is my favourite version of catwoman. This is better than the DC version.
  9. Jan 24, 2016
    Catwoman is an ok movie. The only part I didn't like about it was that half of the time Halle Berry was animated. Her costume was good, but bad animation.
  10. IA
    Aug 2, 2004
    I Liked the movie very very much the only part that I do not like about the movie is that she has a really dorky costume.
  11. Curefreak
    Aug 17, 2004
    great movie special effects need work and one thing since when does someone who works in the art department of a cosmetics giant live in the ghetto?
  12. ChrisH.
    Aug 6, 2004
    Let me start of by saying this movie is not for everybody i would say unless you are a hardcore comic book fan or super hero movie fan then dont bother watching it but if like me you simply want a good fast paced and witty superheroin movie this is the one. True as it maybe cat woman does not even come close to sam raimi's masterpiece that is spiderman catwoman is worth goin to Let me start of by saying this movie is not for everybody i would say unless you are a hardcore comic book fan or super hero movie fan then dont bother watching it but if like me you simply want a good fast paced and witty superheroin movie this is the one. True as it maybe cat woman does not even come close to sam raimi's masterpiece that is spiderman catwoman is worth goin to see.Halle Berry gives it her all in this film sadly it is let down by the villian Sharon stone is pathetic and lifeless i suspect she would prefer to be the one wearing the tight leather cat outfit. Summery Worth a chance. Collapse
  13. DavidH.
    Jul 9, 2005
    I left this one alone for awhile because the bashing the critic's gave it, I don't usually agree with these sub-humans. BUT I WAS AN IDIOT for taking their advice, i've just seen this on dvd and it's no where near as bad as they made it out to be. Berry is hot! the story didn't quite gel, but who cares! we have halle in torn leather pants and bikini top and a whip I left this one alone for awhile because the bashing the critic's gave it, I don't usually agree with these sub-humans. BUT I WAS AN IDIOT for taking their advice, i've just seen this on dvd and it's no where near as bad as they made it out to be. Berry is hot! the story didn't quite gel, but who cares! we have halle in torn leather pants and bikini top and a whip to boot,kick ass and that ass...what an ass! what more do you want? ...oh and halle berry's acting was above board as usual. Expand
  14. MihalisP.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Pure fan. more honest than Spider-man 2 which I way found overrated!
  15. AngelaK.
    Aug 11, 2004
    Even before the movie came out, people said it was going to be bad. When I saw the preview, I thought it was going to be bad. I got in with a free ticket, thinking I would get a free laugh ... and I watched it ... and I LOVED it! Action, thrills, laughs. I enjoyed every minutes. You have to watch it knowing this is NOT the Batman catwoman we all know. It's a whole new ballgame.
  16. MarkB.
    Aug 18, 2004
    Guilty-pleasure time: every movie buff needs at least one movie a year to try to defend, Quixote-like, against the masses; last year for me it was the instantly-notorious Gigli, and this year, it's this! A superhero movie whose villain's motivation replicates that of Susan Cabot's in Roger Corman's unwatchable 1959 cheaporama The Wasp Woman, but with a lot more wit and Guilty-pleasure time: every movie buff needs at least one movie a year to try to defend, Quixote-like, against the masses; last year for me it was the instantly-notorious Gigli, and this year, it's this! A superhero movie whose villain's motivation replicates that of Susan Cabot's in Roger Corman's unwatchable 1959 cheaporama The Wasp Woman, but with a lot more wit and style isn't exactly a major cinematic achievement (and yes, a certain webslinger's return engagement DOES put it to shame)...but after sitting through such pretentious, offensively self-important summer schlock as I, Robot, King Arthur, The Day After Tomorrow and Troy, director Pitof's brand of pure, gleeful trashiness left me purring a lot more often than I was hissing. He's trying too hard to be this week's Michael Bay/McG clone (get a first name, guy!) but at least he seems to respect and enjoy his stars' faces as much as his special effects. And what faces: Sharon Stone looks better than she has in years, while Halle Berry, though admittedly not defining the role the way Michelle Pfeiffer did, appealingly blends sensuality, vulnerability and mystery. (And let's keep things in perspective, by the way. If Olivier, Gibson AND Branagh can all be believable and credible Hamlets, why can't there be more than one viable Catwoman...including , of course, Julie Newmar, Lee Merriwether and Eartha Kitt?) If some folks believe honestly that Berry should give back her Monster's Ball Oscar for her appearances in James Bond and X-Men movies, as well as this, I'll consider it...provided Nicolas Cage also rescinds HIS Oscar for all the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced junk he did after Leaving Las Vegas! One final note, Bat-geeks...quit carping about how inaccurate Berry's cat-costume is; I mean, GEEZ, guys, it's HALLE BERRY, for God's sake...and she's wearing a body-hugging Spandex outfit that shows off lots of her flesh! Maybe you boys really DO need to get out more often! Expand
  17. PhilipT.
    Aug 6, 2004
    At first, I was hesitant about seeing Catwoman since everybody was saying how rotten it was. I thought I would try it out. I really liked it. The special effects were great, and Halle did an excellent job at playing the role. I think people are waaay to picky!! I certainly kept my attention. It was more exciting than the Bourne Supremacy!
  18. KevinE.
    Jan 31, 2005
    The trick is to see it on a plane! Really, everyone has pooped so royally on this movie - it wasn't that bad. It's got a firm sense of style that I think makes it watchable. Halle Berry is likeable as both cat and non-cat, and really kind of exciting in her cat swagger. The villains are aptly over-cooked. Alex Borstein is a satisfying sidekick. What was everyone expecting exactly?!
  19. JagF.
    Jun 18, 2006
    Despite what some people say, I thought this movie had pretty decent action, and an ok story. H.B. is hot!
  20. patricks.
    Feb 11, 2005
    Best hallie berry movie she is the queen of all catwomen people don't listen to all the jerks cause critics are stuck up. this movie had greath eveything can't wait to get this movie on dvd!!! can't wait for a sequel because it well be even better al the people who gave this movie a good review knows good movies GO BUY THIS ON DVD NOW!!! see it for your self.
  21. Dec 21, 2015
    This is a good movie: it's fresh take, It give Catwoman a good origin story. the plot make sense. The other characters might not get a lot of screen time but this doesn't make them shallow, just not focused on. the outfit might seem crazy, but it actually makes sense: more skin shown symbolizes a brave, confident, catlike character. The shoes actually seem to symbolize the back paws of aThis is a good movie: it's fresh take, It give Catwoman a good origin story. the plot make sense. The other characters might not get a lot of screen time but this doesn't make them shallow, just not focused on. the outfit might seem crazy, but it actually makes sense: more skin shown symbolizes a brave, confident, catlike character. The shoes actually seem to symbolize the back paws of a cat. Remember Tigra from the west coast avengers, or Wonder woman's villain: The Cheetah. This Catwoman fall's in line with them, but without fur. Including the connection to the Egyptian mau, and the Goddess Bastet was a brilliant decision. The CGI wasn't too bad, and you have to keep in mind they did have a budget. Another good thing is that it doesn't smack you in the face with DC. If you want a movie with bat man it it, go watch a batman film. A lot of DC characters ether have had there powers all there life, or don't have any. This movie shows her finding out she has these new ability's. I also love the idea of a good girl by day, bad girl by night. Coming out of her shell, stepping outside her comfort zone, and embracing it. Another good this is it's not like other DC or Marvels movies, It doesn't have a big die hard sort of action, more of a slick sort of epic. The music is epic. The music in the opening, gives me chills, and her main theme (who's in control) could not fit cat woman more perfectly. The cat pun's might be kind of corny, but that's the kind of stuff cat woman say's normally: being able to make cat pun's sound sassy and bad ass. The ending lines of dialog really sum up what Cat woman is. This is a good movie: it might not be the same Catwomen from the comic's, but that doesn't make it bad, just different. Thank you for you're time. Expand

1. The "Showgirls" of superhero movies. This is not a compliment. A vacuous lingerie show posing as feminism, it's the biggest movie hairball this side of "Garfield."
    Like the action movies of yore (you know, the 1980s), Catwoman is simultaneously overstuffed and undernourished.
  3. I wouldn't call Catwoman incompetent, yet it has no visual grandeur, and very little surprise; you can tick off the story beats as if they'd been graphed.