3.2

1. IsamuO.
    Feb 17, 2008
    Halle Berry's worst carnival - "z class" junk movie party of the century.
  2. CameronS.
    Jul 24, 2004
    Pretty bad movie. This is probably one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. The only reason I gave it a 3 is that I thought Halle Berry and Benjamin Bratt were pretty good in the movie. Sharon Stone is REALLY BAD in the movie and the music that plays a long with the action scenes is awful!! This would have been a fun movie if it had a director we even have heard of!
  3. AnsonG.
    Dec 15, 2006
    Oh my, where do I begin? Well Ii could tell you that this is a well made action movie, but obviously I would be lying my head off. So instead, I want to tell you the truth. Are you ready? Here it comes........"DONT SEE THIS MOVIE" Let me tell you why. If you see this movie and are over the age of 16, you will end up hating yourself for letting yourself rot for 104 minutes without getting Oh my, where do I begin? Well Ii could tell you that this is a well made action movie, but obviously I would be lying my head off. So instead, I want to tell you the truth. Are you ready? Here it comes........"DONT SEE THIS MOVIE" Let me tell you why. If you see this movie and are over the age of 16, you will end up hating yourself for letting yourself rot for 104 minutes without getting back, except an increased feeling of wanting to get revenge on Hollywood. They say that it is very hard to get your script into a movie. Well, after seing this movie, I think a one legged monkey could write a better script without either pen or paper. The fact that Halle Berry even uses a male stunt double, makes me lose all respect for both her and this movie. Besides the stunt double, the movie still sucks. The dialog sucks, the acting is not even present and the action looks sloppy and poorly thought through. This movie actually made me like The Core better, which is pretty much impossible. Expand
  4. Aug 14, 2013
    A horrible movie. Full of cliches, stupid dialogue, badly choreographed fights and unintentionally hilarious acting. Halle Berry deserved that Golden Raspberry, I'd take Batman and Robin any day.
  5. KevinF.
    Jul 30, 2004
    It's even worse than you think. Avoid it like leprosy.
  6. MichaelR.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Oh Jesus. Is there nothing good about this film? It's an excuse to see Halle Berry walking around in a skimpy outfit (and why would you really need to? You saw her topless in Swordfish already by now) and the outfit is really poorly designed. It looks like something you could buy at a crappy sex-store. Go rent the old Batman flick with Michelle Pfeiffer instead.
  7. ZachP.
    Jul 24, 2004
    This is the movie i was hoping the butterfly effect would be... so goshdarn BAD i didn't want to leave the theatre, to see how it trumped itself next. only a two out of ten; one for berry's ass shaking all the hell over the place for 90 minutes, the other for Ms. Cheeze, Sharon Stone, who, it turns out, seems to have really liked Al Pacino in the Recruit. If you have no shame, This is the movie i was hoping the butterfly effect would be... so goshdarn BAD i didn't want to leave the theatre, to see how it trumped itself next. only a two out of ten; one for berry's ass shaking all the hell over the place for 90 minutes, the other for Ms. Cheeze, Sharon Stone, who, it turns out, seems to have really liked Al Pacino in the Recruit. If you have no shame, see this movie, and if you do, stay across the hall with Spidey. Expand
  8. atlas
    Oct 29, 2005
    Could this movie be worse? If you see Hale Berry, tell her she owes me $6.50.
  9. Oct 2, 2011
    Catwoman isn't even really a movie. It's a music video that somebody expanded out under two hours, by padding out shots of Halle Berry pinup fodder.
  10. Jul 13, 2012
    This movie is horrible. The only reason it gets a 3 is because at sometimes its unintentionally hilarious. Halle Berry is horrible in the role and the costume looks ridiculous. The dialogue is poorly written, the music is strange, and the battle scenes are just plain awkward. If you're looking for a Catwoman movie, see Batman Returns.
  11. Jan 8, 2015
    Halle Berry Dar o máximo de si em uma super performance mas o filme não funciona.
    Eu só dei 2 por causa de umas cenas boas de ação e a delícia de ver a linda barriga de Halle Berry e o decote dos peitões dela,Sharon Stone é uma delícia também e dar uma grande performance como vilã no filme.
  12. Feb 3, 2014
    Terrible. Whoever thought that making up a new Catwoman story that doesn't have the actual character in it should have their hands put in a toaster. Yes, I am serious, because it is that stupid and horrendous.
  13. Jul 12, 2014
    Catwoman 3 out of 10: Halle Berry isn't the first actor to squander Oscar gold (F. cough Murray cough Abraham) but I can't recall an actor doing it so quickly.

Sure Oscar winners have old films embarrassingly show up on DVD and after a few years and ex-wives they will take a paycheck role in some European schlock. But in your next movie in which you are the star? Berry isn't awful as

Berry isn't awful as simply horrible miscast (lacks a certain erotic nastiness for the role.) and apparently doesn't have the acting chops to make up the difference. One must speculate how the studio felt when the first rushes came in. It sounded so good on paper and Berry is such a big star it's doubtful that any screen test was done. Now the evidence is in front of them and the enormity of the casting mistake is obvious. Was anyone in that room brave enough to admit the emperor has no clothes?

Now Berry is hardly the worst actor in the movie (Alex Borstien as the fat horny comic relief is pretty awful but the honors go to Frances Conroy as the cat lady who is so awful one wonders if she has ever had a conversation with another human.)

While the movie overall is not nearly as bad as its reputation led me to believe Catwoman still falls short. Besides acting there is the horrible horrible music (a 13 year old girls idea of what is hip), a lot of silly jumping around the city scenes, and the coup de grace, the Ferris wheel scene.

Now no-one wants to see Catwoman save cherub face boy from carny ride gone bad…come to think of it no-one wants to see Batman do this either. The direction and scripting on this scene is bad… Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever bad. If you rent this (or God forbid received it as a gift) see deleted scenes for excellent action scene involving dogs in a junkyard that rivals anything put in the movie. I guess they didn't want any dogs in the final movie. Too close to home.
  14. Aug 10, 2014
    My main problem with 2004 "Catwoman" is its terrible screenwriting. Disgraceful dialog and a weakly presented plot. Halle Berry doesn't look that bad in Catwoman's suit, in fact she has an ideal feline-like body that, combined with some good videogame-like CGI, does the job decently. She is not the standard Pfeiffer character, but I liked her looks. Sharon Stone's use in the film isMy main problem with 2004 "Catwoman" is its terrible screenwriting. Disgraceful dialog and a weakly presented plot. Halle Berry doesn't look that bad in Catwoman's suit, in fact she has an ideal feline-like body that, combined with some good videogame-like CGI, does the job decently. She is not the standard Pfeiffer character, but I liked her looks. Sharon Stone's use in the film is totally wasted, she is great at something destined to fail. I loved her dreadful look, though. Overall, everything was okay, except for that awful scriptwriting that results in a huge disappointment. I don't think that it is the worst film ever made, however, that is a bit of an exaggeration. Expand
  15. Nov 22, 2014
    Catwoman was GOD-AWFUL. Most people don't mean God-awful when they say it, but it is, and Reader, you'd agree with me once you see it. So don't see it.
  16. OkamiA
    Mar 18, 2009
    Halle Berry is nice is leather, but....that's really the only plus. Even the people who gave this a 9 only seem able to cite that as a positive. i found myself cracking up at the sheer stupidity and absurdity of the movie...which I don't think it was going for. I'd give this a one, were it not for the unintentional laughs scored. Oh, and despite all its absurdity, it is Halle Berry is nice is leather, but....that's really the only plus. Even the people who gave this a 9 only seem able to cite that as a positive. i found myself cracking up at the sheer stupidity and absurdity of the movie...which I don't think it was going for. I'd give this a one, were it not for the unintentional laughs scored. Oh, and despite all its absurdity, it is extremely cliche. If you like kitties, leather, an Berry, then give this a glimpse. If not--stay far far away. Expand
  17. Apr 14, 2013
    So overall, Catwoman is pretty bad. It is far removed from the comics, has a terrible story, a main character who makes emo Peter look decent. The choices made here are baffling. It is like the writers did not even read the comics and do not know what makes Catwoman Catwoman. Rather than getting an exciting action flick we get a sexy/club themed movie that sucks. Catwoman may arouse someSo overall, Catwoman is pretty bad. It is far removed from the comics, has a terrible story, a main character who makes emo Peter look decent. The choices made here are baffling. It is like the writers did not even read the comics and do not know what makes Catwoman Catwoman. Rather than getting an exciting action flick we get a sexy/club themed movie that sucks. Catwoman may arouse some people but if you look past that you’ll see the major problems with this movie. Catwoman is a mess due to the terrible choices made by the filmmakers and it can only be enjoyed as guilty pleasure. So unless you enjoy looking at Hal Berry in her sexy cat suit then I would say this is a definite skip. Expand
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    A true waste of time and film. Horrible plot, horrible costume, horrible script, horrible acting, horrible directing. The one thing I did like was how bad Sharon Stone's acting was and how her one-liners became a drinking game.
  19. Jun 8, 2011
    I found this film great. It is a very good origin film. It shows how she got her power, how her life changed, and what happens when someone messes with her. I thought that the costume kept with catwoman's personality and that Halle Berry played her role very good. I don't know why a lot of people did not like this film.
  20. Oct 21, 2013
    I believe that the new Cat Woman (2004) is the best Cat Woman,of all of the Cat Woman movies.
    Halle Berry(as Patience Phillips/Cat Women) hit the mark-that I believe,Cat Woman deserves. I wasn't very impressed with Anne Hathaway's version that where she tried to be like Cat Woman in Batman Rises.
    I felt like when Halle Berry played Cat Woman,it was more of a dominating version-that we expect of Cat Woman. As I watched every little detail of how Anne Hathaway made Cat Woman-a character,I didn't think Anne Hathaway had that really sick/bad girl side to her. She wasn't at her most-the flirtiest/dominating/feisty self.
  21. Dec 9, 2011
    I couldnt watch more than 30 minutes without getting bored.
    The Plot isnt catchy, hate the catwoman outfit, a really bad movie

When Michelle Pfeiffer is depressed she watch this movie.
  22. Aug 3, 2013
    If there ever were a template on how not to make a superhero movie, Catwoman would be it. This film is completely void of action, a decent story and only an average lead.
  23. Apr 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think a lot of the critics just didn't get this movie. Maybe they were disappointed that it wasn't another chapter in the adventures of Selina Kyle. No, it's not: different name, different premise and totally different interpretation of what it might be like to become a Catwoman. What =I= don't get is why there is anything wrong with that? We're talking about a fictional character, people, lighten up! Some of the critics are saying that Halle Berry's performance is too "over the top" after she is transformed. Maybe for a 100% human lady but hey this is a story about a woman brought back to life by a magical Mau on an errand from Bast the Cat Goddess. Halle's facial expressions, voice and moves, especially when toying with her "prey", become verrrry feline which is a good part of the point of the movie. Another point is that Catwoman is both a tribute to female power and independence and also explores the darker side of power in both men and women and methinks some of the critics are a tad uncomfortable with both of these things. Whatever. There's plenty to like in this movie. A mythic storyline of initiation and rebirth, darkly beautiful visuals, a clever Egyptian-inspired cats-and-catwomen through history subplot that starts with elegant title art, solid performances from Sharon Stone, Benjamin Bratt, Frances Conroy and Hembert Wilson and a fine supporting cast both human and feline. Forget the critics. Go see this movie with an open mind and you'll probably enjoy it. And you might even love it as much as I did :-) Expand
  24. ShoB
    Apr 19, 2010
    Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness sake! Sheesh! Expand
  25. H.B.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Wow! I mean, I expected this film to be good, with Halle Berry, one of the best young actresses out there, and Sharon Stone, a true tried and true screen beauty vet, as top billing. But truly this all blew me away! Incredible fight scenes, great humour, and a touching love story all come together to make the movie event of the summer so far. Move out of the way, Spiderman, a new movie has Wow! I mean, I expected this film to be good, with Halle Berry, one of the best young actresses out there, and Sharon Stone, a true tried and true screen beauty vet, as top billing. But truly this all blew me away! Incredible fight scenes, great humour, and a touching love story all come together to make the movie event of the summer so far. Move out of the way, Spiderman, a new movie has come to sit atop the top webs of superhero movies, and her name is Catwoman! Expand
  26. TheresaS.
    Oct 2, 2006
    Lighten up, people. This movie is great fun and a totally unique take on the Catwoman myth.
  27. Sep 12, 2014
    I wasn't paying too much attention on a first watch, so I took another. Didn't help much: the story is good, with nice witty twists, but all too obvious. Plus, in my private tastes, there are too many elements I dislike. Sharon Stone is great, at least when compared to Halle Berry's performance. It is not always easy to be a star... at least in a movie like this.
  28. May 17, 2012
    Imma be honest, as much as Catwoman is may favorite Superhero /Antihero of all time, this film was just B.A.D, I originally saw this when i was 12 and didn't know a bad movie from a good one. BUT, seeing it today makes me want to jump in a time machine just to get my $7.25 back. Like how do directors screw up source material? Anybody coulda went to wikipedia, look up Catwoman, and write aImma be honest, as much as Catwoman is may favorite Superhero /Antihero of all time, this film was just B.A.D, I originally saw this when i was 12 and didn't know a bad movie from a good one. BUT, seeing it today makes me want to jump in a time machine just to get my $7.25 back. Like how do directors screw up source material? Anybody coulda went to wikipedia, look up Catwoman, and write a better script than this "movie". I give this a two because Halle Berry would made a believable Catwoman if the script wasnt trash, and the i absoulutly love the music in this movie. Expand
  29. Apr 16, 2013
    Why was this movie just in the low standards of mediocre when it could have been pure gold? Don't get me wrong it had it's moments. But barely enough of them. The problems are that it wasn't constantly entertaining and the dialogue was at times bland and boring.
  30. Jul 15, 2014
    I don't think this is a bad movie.It wasn't based on the comics but it had a good storyline.It didn't needed Batman in this movie,it was good.I would give a 6.5 in a review,but this movie don't deserve 3,9 in Metacritic,so I'm going to give a 10 only to help.
  31. Sep 26, 2014
    This film is amazing: Halle berry is perfect as catwoman. The action scenes show adrenaline. This is my favourite version of catwoman. This is better than the DC version.
  32. SelinaK.
    Jul 30, 2004
    This has got to be the most depressing, nauseating film I have ever watched. There's no spark to it whatsoever that says this will be a fun movie like Spider-man 2. You could barely discern anything happening in action scenes because Pitof decided to blurr and fadt cut them to hide the fact a male stunt double was used in place of Halle Berry.
  33. IA
    Aug 2, 2004
    I Liked the movie very very much the only part that I do not like about the movie is that she has a really dorky costume.
  34. thereses.
    Mar 6, 2005
    A mediocre action film, and not really something to waste one's 'critical energy' upon, i.e. "horrible", "despicable", "a stinker", and the like. If one must go out of one's way to watch such stuff, why look at it through the same critical lens as though one were preparing to watch "Gandhi" or "The Best Years of Our Lives"? One SHOULD safely assume that a movie named A mediocre action film, and not really something to waste one's 'critical energy' upon, i.e. "horrible", "despicable", "a stinker", and the like. If one must go out of one's way to watch such stuff, why look at it through the same critical lens as though one were preparing to watch "Gandhi" or "The Best Years of Our Lives"? One SHOULD safely assume that a movie named "Catwoman", advertised with a poster of leather-clad dominatrix Halle Berry, is not exactly Oscar material, like her "Monster's Ball". Expand
  35. TannerJ
    Jun 5, 2009
    I can't believe Halle Berry decided to be in this. A disaster in every way possible. So over the top/overdone. What a joke.
  36. JohnE.
    Apr 15, 2010
    By far the most horrible pile of junk every made. All copies of this movie should be burned.
  37. Churi
    Jul 22, 2004
    !!Just a ...dissaster!!
  38. JohnB.
    Jul 23, 2004
    See "Spider-Man 2" again. Rent DVD copies of "Batman" and "The Crow." Go see Halle Berry naked in either "Swordfish" or "Monster's Ball." I implore you NOT to see this movie, a slap in the face of the superhero genre with enough awful dialogue, awful performances, awful music and awful direction. Any director who only uses one name to be credited for a movie just has to have made an See "Spider-Man 2" again. Rent DVD copies of "Batman" and "The Crow." Go see Halle Berry naked in either "Swordfish" or "Monster's Ball." I implore you NOT to see this movie, a slap in the face of the superhero genre with enough awful dialogue, awful performances, awful music and awful direction. Any director who only uses one name to be credited for a movie just has to have made an awful movie. Did I forget to mention that this is utterly AWFUL! Expand
  39. PatrickM
    Jul 24, 2004
    Yes, as all have prefaced, this movie is bad. Just nothing redeeming about it. Sharon Stone is her usual flat self and Bratt of course plays what else...a cop. The real flaw that I found (out of quite a handful) was the cinematography. And the obvious computer animations of Berry as she jumped buidings and other ridiculous things. Let's face it: this movie was a bad idea from the Yes, as all have prefaced, this movie is bad. Just nothing redeeming about it. Sharon Stone is her usual flat self and Bratt of course plays what else...a cop. The real flaw that I found (out of quite a handful) was the cinematography. And the obvious computer animations of Berry as she jumped buidings and other ridiculous things. Let's face it: this movie was a bad idea from the start. Perhaps you were like me and felt that it could be decent (well that is before I saw the trailer). But take it from me and the rest of those sorry enough to have sat through this: avoid this. Expand
  40. MattS
    Jul 24, 2004
    Halle Berry good, movie awful.
  41. Leroy
    Suckeroo cat nip.
  42. Darren
    Aug 15, 2004
    Halle swallowed a fur ball when she decided to make this crap.
  43. Curefreak
    Aug 17, 2004
    great movie special effects need work and one thing since when does someone who works in the art department of a cosmetics giant live in the ghetto?
    Aug 4, 2004
    Too many things were wrong with this movie but here's a few: - This is not the Marvel Catwoman... the character name, city, persona where all changed. The writers never read the comic book or saw Batman Returns - The plot was so ridiculous I could have sworn that the whole movie was made to test the patience of the movie goer - The cat suit - Worst villian ever developed - The stupid Too many things were wrong with this movie but here's a few: - This is not the Marvel Catwoman... the character name, city, persona where all changed. The writers never read the comic book or saw Batman Returns - The plot was so ridiculous I could have sworn that the whole movie was made to test the patience of the movie goer - The cat suit - Worst villian ever developed - The stupid c.g. Cats ....I could go on forever people. Expand
  45. ChrisH.
    Aug 6, 2004
    Let me start of by saying this movie is not for everybody i would say unless you are a hardcore comic book fan or super hero movie fan then dont bother watching it but if like me you simply want a good fast paced and witty superheroin movie this is the one. True as it maybe cat woman does not even come close to sam raimi's masterpiece that is spiderman catwoman is worth goin to Let me start of by saying this movie is not for everybody i would say unless you are a hardcore comic book fan or super hero movie fan then dont bother watching it but if like me you simply want a good fast paced and witty superheroin movie this is the one. True as it maybe cat woman does not even come close to sam raimi's masterpiece that is spiderman catwoman is worth goin to see.Halle Berry gives it her all in this film sadly it is let down by the villian Sharon stone is pathetic and lifeless i suspect she would prefer to be the one wearing the tight leather cat outfit. Summery Worth a chance. Expand
  46. DanB.
    Sep 20, 2004
    That large quantities of money are spent on making stuff like this, instead of feeding starving children in obscure regions of the world, shows just how weird our culture is. That I spent $10 to see it shows just how stupid I've become due to movies like this.
  47. DavidH.
    Jul 9, 2005
    I left this one alone for awhile because the bashing the critic's gave it, I don't usually agree with these sub-humans. BUT I WAS AN IDIOT for taking their advice, i've just seen this on dvd and it's no where near as bad as they made it out to be. Berry is hot! the story didn't quite gel, but who cares! we have halle in torn leather pants and bikini top and a whip I left this one alone for awhile because the bashing the critic's gave it, I don't usually agree with these sub-humans. BUT I WAS AN IDIOT for taking their advice, i've just seen this on dvd and it's no where near as bad as they made it out to be. Berry is hot! the story didn't quite gel, but who cares! we have halle in torn leather pants and bikini top and a whip to boot,kick ass and that ass...what an ass! what more do you want? ...oh and halle berry's acting was above board as usual. Expand
  48. JeanL.
    Jul 22, 2004
    I wish it was at least hilariously bad. It's just bad.
  49. MarcK.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Oh my! I saw this movie BEFORE seeing the MetaCritic scores, and couldn't believe how savagely it's been treated! Of course it's not a great picture, but it's really not that bad. The special effects of Halle Berry's "super powers" are unique and fun. How could most of these same critics rate this worse than last year's "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". Oh my! I saw this movie BEFORE seeing the MetaCritic scores, and couldn't believe how savagely it's been treated! Of course it's not a great picture, but it's really not that bad. The special effects of Halle Berry's "super powers" are unique and fun. How could most of these same critics rate this worse than last year's "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle". Now THAT was a bad movie! Expand
  50. MihalisP.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Pure fan. more honest than Spider-man 2 which I way found overrated!
  51. BobbieH.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Oh my God, I never thought I would say this... but The Cat In The Hat with all its apparent fur balls was better than this crap. Avoid at all costs as it is an unmitigated disasster. The audience was walking out during the showing.
  52. VinceH.
    Jul 24, 2004
    Not the worst movie out in theaters now (that honor goes to Ms. Hilary Duff's "movie"), but this is definitely the worst comic book/superhero movie yet. After last year's awful "Gothika", Halle Berry has effectively wiped the memory of "Monster's Ball" from our minds and is either purposely trying to make only bad movies from now on or trying to acquire another mansion. I Not the worst movie out in theaters now (that honor goes to Ms. Hilary Duff's "movie"), but this is definitely the worst comic book/superhero movie yet. After last year's awful "Gothika", Halle Berry has effectively wiped the memory of "Monster's Ball" from our minds and is either purposely trying to make only bad movies from now on or trying to acquire another mansion. I can think of no other reason as to why she would sign up for this turkey. The plot itself (which is too stupid to get into) is really lame, the visual effects are cheesy and unconvincing, the romance sub-plot with Benjamin Bratt is cliched riddled, another sub-plot involving Frances Conroy as some sort of cat mystic is laughably unoriginal, and Sharon Stone is absolutely awful hamming it up as the villian and she's not even bad in a campy way but just really boring and proves that "Casino" was just a one-off. The script relies on all lazy cliches and genre expectations with little of the highly stylized action mega-force of "X2" or the emotional human element so beautifully portrayed in "Spiderman 2". A huge misfire that is on par with "Lost in Space", "The Avengers" & "Adventures of Pluto Nash" as a big budget turkey that deserves its "un-success". Expand
  53. PeterS.
    Jul 25, 2004
    This movie just plain sucked. we laughed at it for a while, but couldn't take it for long and left after about an hour. i can't begin to imagine what halle berry or her agent were thinking when she signed on for this one.
  54. FlorenceB.
    Jul 27, 2004
    So the dialogue was laughable, but i thought the overall look of the film was pretty awesome. Despite the bad reviews, this movie was lots of fun, and much bettter than Spiderman 2.
  55. DanielleB
    Jul 28, 2004
    Wow, and I thought Hilary Duff's films were bad.
  56. MelissaM.
    Jul 28, 2004
    What in the h-e-c-k was Halle Berry thinking? Y-U-C-K.
  57. ChadS.
    Jul 30, 2004
    If you're going to use a skin-care corporation as the bad guys, in a movie where cats are involved, how the hell do you avoid the issue of animal testing? Instead of the stupefying idea about a skin cream that turns your face into granite, how about a smaller scale and more humanistic narrative, in which, Catwoman (Halle Berry) saves her friends and other members of the lab menagerie If you're going to use a skin-care corporation as the bad guys, in a movie where cats are involved, how the hell do you avoid the issue of animal testing? Instead of the stupefying idea about a skin cream that turns your face into granite, how about a smaller scale and more humanistic narrative, in which, Catwoman (Halle Berry) saves her friends and other members of the lab menagerie from imminent death. It makes no sense that a company would set itself up for future lawsuits. Halle Berry is miscast because she's no Uma. All that heavy editing can't hide the fact that she lacks the physicality and coordination to perform action scenes convincingly. In a film like "Catwoman", the question isn't if Berry can act, it's can she fight, and somehow look cool in a ridiculous costume. That's no, on both accounts. We can accept the secret identity being kept intact by an accesory (Clark Kent had his glasses, and Patience has her black mask), but in "Catwoman", Patience becomes Catwoman, sans costume, in the same vicinity as Tom, during the ode to "Rollercoaster". Pitof shows us Patience's POV in rescuing a child, as if trying to protect her identity...from the audience? Patience must look cat-like on that ferris wheel, and if we saw her perform the act of heroism, director Pitof would have a harder time in explaining how Tom is oblivious to Patience's secret identity. To salvage some semblance of plausibility, Tom should've asked, "Are you a gymnast?" "Catwoman" is Eukanuba-nal. Collapse
  58. AngelaK.
    Aug 11, 2004
    Even before the movie came out, people said it was going to be bad. When I saw the preview, I thought it was going to be bad. I got in with a free ticket, thinking I would get a free laugh ... and I watched it ... and I LOVED it! Action, thrills, laughs. I enjoyed every minutes. You have to watch it knowing this is NOT the Batman catwoman we all know. It's a whole new ballgame.
  59. MarkB.
    Aug 18, 2004
    Guilty-pleasure time: every movie buff needs at least one movie a year to try to defend, Quixote-like, against the masses; last year for me it was the instantly-notorious Gigli, and this year, it's this! A superhero movie whose villain's motivation replicates that of Susan Cabot's in Roger Corman's unwatchable 1959 cheaporama The Wasp Woman, but with a lot more wit and Guilty-pleasure time: every movie buff needs at least one movie a year to try to defend, Quixote-like, against the masses; last year for me it was the instantly-notorious Gigli, and this year, it's this! A superhero movie whose villain's motivation replicates that of Susan Cabot's in Roger Corman's unwatchable 1959 cheaporama The Wasp Woman, but with a lot more wit and style isn't exactly a major cinematic achievement (and yes, a certain webslinger's return engagement DOES put it to shame)...but after sitting through such pretentious, offensively self-important summer schlock as I, Robot, King Arthur, The Day After Tomorrow and Troy, director Pitof's brand of pure, gleeful trashiness left me purring a lot more often than I was hissing. He's trying too hard to be this week's Michael Bay/McG clone (get a first name, guy!) but at least he seems to respect and enjoy his stars' faces as much as his special effects. And what faces: Sharon Stone looks better than she has in years, while Halle Berry, though admittedly not defining the role the way Michelle Pfeiffer did, appealingly blends sensuality, vulnerability and mystery. (And let's keep things in perspective, by the way. If Olivier, Gibson AND Branagh can all be believable and credible Hamlets, why can't there be more than one viable Catwoman...including , of course, Julie Newmar, Lee Merriwether and Eartha Kitt?) If some folks believe honestly that Berry should give back her Monster's Ball Oscar for her appearances in James Bond and X-Men movies, as well as this, I'll consider it...provided Nicolas Cage also rescinds HIS Oscar for all the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced junk he did after Leaving Las Vegas! One final note, Bat-geeks...quit carping about how inaccurate Berry's cat-costume is; I mean, GEEZ, guys, it's HALLE BERRY, for God's sake...and she's wearing a body-hugging Spandex outfit that shows off lots of her flesh! Maybe you boys really DO need to get out more often! Expand
  60. JD
    Aug 2, 2004
    Catwoman is average until Halle Berry becomes Catwoman. After that, the movie reaches new depths of badness. Terrible acting, cheesy writing, and bad direction top it all off. Avoid at all costs.
  61. CabathaV.
    Aug 5, 2004
    I gave points for halle. Her acting was good, but the movie suked. At least its not the worst movie of the summer....yet.
  62. PhilipT.
    Aug 6, 2004
    At first, I was hesitant about seeing Catwoman since everybody was saying how rotten it was. I thought I would try it out. I really liked it. The special effects were great, and Halle did an excellent job at playing the role. I think people are waaay to picky!! I certainly kept my attention. It was more exciting than the Bourne Supremacy!
  63. ddK.
    Jan 26, 2005
    Trash. Ghettoized Catwoman VS blonde model type.
  64. KevinE.
    Jan 31, 2005
    The trick is to see it on a plane! Really, everyone has pooped so royally on this movie - it wasn't that bad. It's got a firm sense of style that I think makes it watchable. Halle Berry is likeable as both cat and non-cat, and really kind of exciting in her cat swagger. The villains are aptly over-cooked. Alex Borstein is a satisfying sidekick. What was everyone expecting exactly?!
  65. JoanP.
    Feb 13, 2005
    The WORST movie I've ever seen. Shallow, empty, bad spectacle with nothing behind. Pitof keeps moving the camera with no sense in this stupid an-hou-an-a-half videoclip.
  66. JagF.
    Jun 18, 2006
    Despite what some people say, I thought this movie had pretty decent action, and an ok story. H.B. is hot!
  67. Declan
    Jul 26, 2004
    Mihalis, "Pure fan" of what, garbage? Comic fans are going to revile this completely unfaithful crap. This thing is only likeable by the wow-I-hope-they make-a-Gigli2 crowd.
  68. LoloJ.
    Jul 29, 2004
    Ha once again marvel seems to outshine Dc comics spider man 2 is amazing and just real every one can't relate to him, cat woman was okay becos Ms berry can do no wrong, marvel has proven why they are number one in comics and movies with two words being real.
  69. EfeB.
    Sep 28, 2004
    To use the most famous actors and actresses of the time for the "comic book" roles is the dumbest idea that some folks in hollywood are making. spiderman was great, because it stars toby mcquire and not tom cruise. these comic book characters are precious for many fans and to the people who identify their childhood with them. they are not just action film subjects to be mingled with. the To use the most famous actors and actresses of the time for the "comic book" roles is the dumbest idea that some folks in hollywood are making. spiderman was great, because it stars toby mcquire and not tom cruise. these comic book characters are precious for many fans and to the people who identify their childhood with them. they are not just action film subjects to be mingled with. the difference between michael keaton as batman and george clooney as a batman should be obvious to hollywood, if it's not then they should just look at how well the films were received and compare the two...on one hand you have keaton as a perfect batman and on the other hand you have that E.R idiot "acting" as if he is batman. now, who in their correct mind decided that halle was a cat woman?...the fact that she is doing well as an actress doesnt mean she is "cat woman"!!!!...how idiotic is it to offer such a role to an oscar winner and how equally amazingly stupid for halle to accept this film? well....cats have nine lives they say but halle has scratched off at least seven lives by being involved in this dissaster. ay caramba!....the only way to save this film from the bottom of the kitty liter is to turn it into a porn flick...after all halle won her oscar by faking an orgasm. Expand
  70. VictoriaS.
    Jan 29, 2005
    Very silly. Sharon Stone gave a good performance as a villian, but was clearly wasted in this flick.
  71. patricks.
    Feb 11, 2005
    Best hallie berry movie she is the queen of all catwomen people don't listen to all the jerks cause critics are stuck up. this movie had greath eveything can't wait to get this movie on dvd!!! can't wait for a sequel because it well be even better al the people who gave this movie a good review knows good movies GO BUY THIS ON DVD NOW!!! see it for your self.
  72. christiant
    Oct 22, 2006
    Halle Berry looks fantastic as always, but the movie itself is HORRID. The CGI and special effects look cheap, the acting is robot-like, the plot is ludicrous and the execution is even worse. Don't bother with this piece of trash people. AVOID IT unless you wanna laugh your butt off at Berry's ridiculous costume.
  73. BrandonS.
    Jul 22, 2006
    One star for Halle Berry's body, and that'll do it for this dud.
  74. Mar 27, 2015
    When I first heard about this movie about Catwoman, would it be cool if Halle Berry made a perfect fit to star in a lead role as the fan-favorite female equivalent to Batman? The answer is...NO. To be fair, Halle won an Oscar in Monster's Ball, but how come Hollywood never listens to frustrating audiences wondering why she chose this. No disrespect, I love Halle. Her performance as StormWhen I first heard about this movie about Catwoman, would it be cool if Halle Berry made a perfect fit to star in a lead role as the fan-favorite female equivalent to Batman? The answer is...NO. To be fair, Halle won an Oscar in Monster's Ball, but how come Hollywood never listens to frustrating audiences wondering why she chose this. No disrespect, I love Halle. Her performance as Storm in the first 2 X-Men films were over-the-line fantastic. But her role in Marvel's arch-rival DC's Catwoman is the only film I watched and so far and when I get to the last few minutes, I traded this movie back at an old Blockbuster Store. Absolutely horrible. Hollywood just got the wrong cast. Michelle Pfeiffer (I howled at her catsuit and her nipples in OG Batman Returns) should've come back and reprise her role. That's sad. And why is 57-year-old MILF Sharon Stone in this movie? That also ended her career and Basic Instinct 2. And what's with those CGI stuff? Did Halle just made it herself? Oh yeah, they made crappy CGI Catwoman a snooze in that awful tie-in video game. I wish that somewhere there's gotta be a porn parody of this mess, Hustler or Vivid anyone?

I just wasted a few bucks to see Catwoman in New York. If I were you, STAY AWAY. Don't buy it, don't rent it, don't watch it on HBO or those other channels that I used to have. I have to say it, but it's worse than Green Lantern. Kinda. But be warned. Awful acting, awful dialogue, awful CGI effects, and awful soundtrack as well. I need my money back, Warners. I think you've just pissed off Bob Kane off his death bed.
  75. chw
    Sep 10, 2014
    What in God's name is this?! This isn't the Catwoman based on Bob Kane's Batman character. The main character isn't Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman, her name is Patience, the opposite of Pitof, the retarded director (name says it all), who didn't do research OR homework on Catwoman despite the suit and name.
  76. May 27, 2015
    I have spent some time cringing at similar films in the past, but this one may have caused some cramping in the muscles of my face that are used to express frustration, disappointment, and disgust. Besides the feeling that this film is more or less a corny parody of an extensive and lovable Catwoman lore by DC Comics over the years, I feel that this film is an insult to the talents ofI have spent some time cringing at similar films in the past, but this one may have caused some cramping in the muscles of my face that are used to express frustration, disappointment, and disgust. Besides the feeling that this film is more or less a corny parody of an extensive and lovable Catwoman lore by DC Comics over the years, I feel that this film is an insult to the talents of Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer in Catwoman past.

As a compromise, at least this film drives one to truly appreciate the casting of Eartha Kitt in Catwoman past and the casting of Anne Hathaway and Camren Bicondova in Catwoman's more recent years onscreen.

A final reflection upon Halle Berry's performance is that she at least was not as bad of a choice as Catwoman as Megan Fox was a bad casting choice for April O'Neil in the new Ninja Turtles film. This is a fair compromise that allows a single point to slip through, but a horrible movie is still a horrible movie, reaching a crescendo of disappointment with a male body double, a forgettable soundtrack, and dialogue that I wish I could forget so easily.

The acting is reminiscent of The Room, but with much less of the laughter and more of the face-palming. I do not blame Halle Berry. Instead, I blame a bad casting staff, a director who is out of touch with fans of Catwoman, and producers who did not scream for things to halt when they were going so horribly wrong. Hollywood is not qualified to create a Catwoman film without consultation and the evidence is in the frightening results.

1. The "Showgirls" of superhero movies. This is not a compliment. A vacuous lingerie show posing as feminism, it's the biggest movie hairball this side of "Garfield."
    Like the action movies of yore (you know, the 1980s), Catwoman is simultaneously overstuffed and undernourished.
  3. I wouldn't call Catwoman incompetent, yet it has no visual grandeur, and very little surprise; you can tick off the story beats as if they'd been graphed.