Warner Home Video | Release Date: July 23, 2004
2.7
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 247 Ratings
WATCH NOW
IsamuO.Feb 17, 2008
Halle Berry's worst carnival - "z class" junk movie party of the century.
2 of 2 users found this helpful
AnsonG.Dec 15, 2006
Oh my, where do I begin? Well Ii could tell you that this is a well made action movie, but obviously I would be lying my head off. So instead, I want to tell you the truth. Are you ready? Here it comes........"DONT SEE THIS MOVIE" Let me Oh my, where do I begin? Well Ii could tell you that this is a well made action movie, but obviously I would be lying my head off. So instead, I want to tell you the truth. Are you ready? Here it comes........"DONT SEE THIS MOVIE" Let me tell you why. If you see this movie and are over the age of 16, you will end up hating yourself for letting yourself rot for 104 minutes without getting back, except an increased feeling of wanting to get revenge on Hollywood. They say that it is very hard to get your script into a movie. Well, after seing this movie, I think a one legged monkey could write a better script without either pen or paper. The fact that Halle Berry even uses a male stunt double, makes me lose all respect for both her and this movie. Besides the stunt double, the movie still sucks. The dialog sucks, the acting is not even present and the action looks sloppy and poorly thought through. This movie actually made me like The Core better, which is pretty much impossible. Expand
2 of 2 users found this helpful
J-ShapOct 2, 2011
Catwoman isn't even really a movie. It's a music video that somebody expanded out under two hours, by padding out shots of Halle Berry pinup fodder.
python2000Aug 14, 2013
A horrible movie. Full of cliches, stupid dialogue, badly choreographed fights and unintentionally hilarious acting. Halle Berry deserved that Golden Raspberry, I'd take Batman and Robin any day.
LoRevisorJan 8, 2015
Halle Berry Dar o máximo de si em uma super performance mas o filme não funciona.
Eu só dei 2 por causa de umas cenas boas de ação e a delícia de ver a linda barriga de Halle Berry e o decote dos peitões dela,Sharon Stone é uma delícia também e dar uma grande performance como vilã no filme.
atlasOct 29, 2005
Could this movie be worse? If you see Hale Berry, tell her she owes me $6.50.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
MonsieurEamesJul 13, 2012
This movie is horrible. The only reason it gets a 3 is because at sometimes its unintentionally hilarious. Halle Berry is horrible in the role and the costume looks ridiculous. The dialogue is poorly written, the music is strange, and theThis movie is horrible. The only reason it gets a 3 is because at sometimes its unintentionally hilarious. Halle Berry is horrible in the role and the costume looks ridiculous. The dialogue is poorly written, the music is strange, and the battle scenes are just plain awkward. If you're looking for a Catwoman movie, see Batman Returns. Expand
TimeOfTheChimpsFeb 3, 2014
Terrible. Whoever thought that making up a new Catwoman story that doesn't have the actual character in it should have their hands put in a toaster. Yes, I am serious, because it is that stupid and horrendous.
juliankennedy23Jul 12, 2014
Catwoman 3 out of 10: Halle Berry isn't the first actor to squander Oscar gold (F. cough Murray cough Abraham) but I can't recall an actor doing it so quickly.

Sure Oscar winners have old films embarrassingly show up on DVD and after a few

Sure Oscar winners have old films embarrassingly show up on DVD and after a few years and ex-wives they will take a paycheck role in some European schlock. But in your next movie in which you are the star?

Berry isn't awful as simply horrible miscast (lacks a certain erotic nastiness for the role.) and apparently doesn't have the acting chops to make up the difference. One must speculate how the studio felt when the first rushes came in. It sounded so good on paper and Berry is such a big star it's doubtful that any screen test was done. Now the evidence is in front of them and the enormity of the casting mistake is obvious. Was anyone in that room brave enough to admit the emperor has no clothes?

Now Berry is hardly the worst actor in the movie (Alex Borstien as the fat horny comic relief is pretty awful but the honors go to Frances Conroy as the cat lady who is so awful one wonders if she has ever had a conversation with another human.)

While the movie overall is not nearly as bad as its reputation led me to believe Catwoman still falls short. Besides acting there is the horrible horrible music (a 13 year old girls idea of what is hip), a lot of silly jumping around the city scenes, and the coup de grace, the Ferris wheel scene.

Now no-one wants to see Catwoman save cherub face boy from carny ride gone bad…come to think of it no-one wants to see Batman do this either. The direction and scripting on this scene is bad… Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever bad. If you rent this (or God forbid received it as a gift) see deleted scenes for excellent action scene involving dogs in a junkyard that rivals anything put in the movie. I guess they didn't want any dogs in the final movie. Too close to home.
REDWOUNov 22, 2014
Catwoman was GOD-AWFUL. Most people don't mean God-awful when they say it, but it is, and Reader, you'd agree with me once you see it. So don't see it.
CatwomanDec 21, 2015
This is a good movie: it's fresh take, It give Catwoman a good origin story. the plot make sense. The other characters might not get a lot of screen time but this doesn't make them shallow, just not focused on. the outfit might seem crazy,This is a good movie: it's fresh take, It give Catwoman a good origin story. the plot make sense. The other characters might not get a lot of screen time but this doesn't make them shallow, just not focused on. the outfit might seem crazy, but it actually makes sense: more skin shown symbolizes a brave, confident, catlike character. The shoes actually seem to symbolize the back paws of a cat. Remember Tigra from the west coast avengers, or Wonder woman's villain: The Cheetah. This Catwoman fall's in line with them, but without fur. Including the connection to the Egyptian mau, and the Goddess Bastet was a brilliant decision. The CGI wasn't too bad, and you have to keep in mind they did have a budget. Another good thing is that it doesn't smack you in the face with DC. If you want a movie with bat man it it, go watch a batman film. A lot of DC characters ether have had there powers all there life, or don't have any. This movie shows her finding out she has these new ability's. I also love the idea of a good girl by day, bad girl by night. Coming out of her shell, stepping outside her comfort zone, and embracing it. Another good this is it's not like other DC or Marvels movies, It doesn't have a big die hard sort of action, more of a slick sort of epic. The music is epic. The music in the opening, gives me chills, and her main theme (who's in control) could not fit cat woman more perfectly. The cat pun's might be kind of corny, but that's the kind of stuff cat woman say's normally: being able to make cat pun's sound sassy and bad ass. The ending lines of dialog really sum up what Cat woman is. This is a good movie: it might not be the same Catwomen from the comic's, but that doesn't make it bad, just different. Thank you for you're time. Expand
Cinemassacre94Mar 20, 2016
In a New York Times article about the recent spate of movies adapted from Marvel comics, Marvel executive Allen Lipson claimed that one key to the company's success is its policy of retaining approval of how its characters are used in film.In a New York Times article about the recent spate of movies adapted from Marvel comics, Marvel executive Allen Lipson claimed that one key to the company's success is its policy of retaining approval of how its characters are used in film. Others might consider adopting that plan. Not that fanboy purism should always carry the day, but it would have prevented this scene from Catwoman: Sent to a watery grave, meek graphic designer Halle Berry washes up on an island covered in cats. One of them, of the breed commonly known as "CGI," climbs atop her chest and breathes into her mouth. Rather than getting a whiff of half-digested Cat Chow, Berry is filled with the spirit of the Egyptian cat goddess Bast. Able to leap around with feline grace, wear revealing leather outfits without shame, and improvise cat-themed puns, she is Catwoman, even though she bears little resemblance to the Catwoman from the Batman universe. It's like naming a movie Spider-Man because it's about a guy with eight legs who shoots silk out of his ass.

Of course, none of that would matter if the movie were any good, but it's not. Mononymical director Pitof cut his teeth on digital effects and music videos, and he directs Catwoman as though he was targeting the attention span of actual cats. He cuts rapidly, keeping the camera in constant motion lest viewers wander off in search of food or a quiet place to nap. It's the least exciting form of excitement imaginable, and the story doesn't prove much of a distraction. After her transformation, Berry sets out to stop her old employer (Sharon Stone) from releasing an addictive, destructive beauty cream called "Beau-line"—surely the most unfortunate product name this side of Go-GURT Portable Yogurt. Meanwhile, when not prancing about, Berry romances sensitive cop Benjamin Bratt and trades quips with horny, hungry sidekick Alex Borstein. In or out of costume, Berry never creates a convincing character, but it's tough to saddle her with too much of the blame; Pitof, on the other hand, seems to draw his inspiration from the Joel Schumacher entries in the Batman franchise.

Relentlessly gaudy and in love with its PG-13 approximation of kink, Catwoman is essentially an excuse to pose Berry in ever-skimpier outfits. It's all too pre-fab to register as sexy, though, and even the fight scenes look like fashion shoots, complete with anonymous R&B bump 'n' grind musical accompaniment. The film could have turned out worse, but only via the addition of a Tom Green cameo, or an accident in which the actors caught on fire.
OkamiAMar 18, 2009
Halle Berry is nice is leather, but....that's really the only plus. Even the people who gave this a 9 only seem able to cite that as a positive. i found myself cracking up at the sheer stupidity and absurdity of the movie...which I Halle Berry is nice is leather, but....that's really the only plus. Even the people who gave this a 9 only seem able to cite that as a positive. i found myself cracking up at the sheer stupidity and absurdity of the movie...which I don't think it was going for. I'd give this a one, were it not for the unintentional laughs scored. Oh, and despite all its absurdity, it is extremely cliche. If you like kitties, leather, an Berry, then give this a glimpse. If not--stay far far away. Expand
2 of 3 users found this helpful
JacobApr 14, 2013
So overall, Catwoman is pretty bad. It is far removed from the comics, has a terrible story, a main character who makes emo Peter look decent. The choices made here are baffling. It is like the writers did not even read the comics and do notSo overall, Catwoman is pretty bad. It is far removed from the comics, has a terrible story, a main character who makes emo Peter look decent. The choices made here are baffling. It is like the writers did not even read the comics and do not know what makes Catwoman Catwoman. Rather than getting an exciting action flick we get a sexy/club themed movie that sucks. Catwoman may arouse some people but if you look past that you’ll see the major problems with this movie. Catwoman is a mess due to the terrible choices made by the filmmakers and it can only be enjoyed as guilty pleasure. So unless you enjoy looking at Hal Berry in her sexy cat suit then I would say this is a definite skip. Expand
marcmyworksJan 2, 2014
A true waste of time and film. Horrible plot, horrible costume, horrible script, horrible acting, horrible directing. The one thing I did like was how bad Sharon Stone's acting was and how her one-liners became a drinking game.
Smallville-FanJun 8, 2011
I found this film great. It is a very good origin film. It shows how she got her power, how her life changed, and what happens when someone messes with her. I thought that the costume kept with catwoman's personality and that Halle BerryI found this film great. It is a very good origin film. It shows how she got her power, how her life changed, and what happens when someone messes with her. I thought that the costume kept with catwoman's personality and that Halle Berry played her role very good. I don't know why a lot of people did not like this film. Expand
Rawkstrroma95Oct 21, 2013
I believe that the new Cat Woman (2004) is the best Cat Woman,of all of the Cat Woman movies.
Halle Berry(as Patience Phillips/Cat Women) hit the mark-that I believe,Cat Woman deserves. I wasn't very impressed with Anne Hathaway's version that where she tried to be like Cat Woman in Batman Rises.
I felt like when Halle Berry played Cat Woman,it was more of a dominating version-that we expect of Cat Woman. As I watched every little detail of how Anne Hathaway made Cat Woman-a character,I didn't think Anne Hathaway had that really sick/bad girl side to her. She wasn't at her most-the flirtiest/dominating/feisty self.
AdanedhelDec 9, 2011
I couldnt watch more than 30 minutes without getting bored.
The Plot isnt catchy, hate the catwoman outfit, a really bad movie

When Michelle Pfeiffer is depressed she watch this movie.
MrMovieBuffMay 30, 2015
There are no words to describe this travesty of a movie. Halle Berry gives an unbelievably laughable performance as "Catwoman", which is directed by a person named "Pitof". Good use to hide your identity so nobody will know who reallyThere are no words to describe this travesty of a movie. Halle Berry gives an unbelievably laughable performance as "Catwoman", which is directed by a person named "Pitof". Good use to hide your identity so nobody will know who really directed this failure.

The action scenes are campy and full of CGI that is distracting and looks too unreal for viewers to suspend their disbelief.

I should also point out that I didn't watch the full movie. It was on TV some few years ago and, for some reason, I decided to watch it and give it a try. What a big mistake that was, I watched up to the first hour and just switched off the TV. I could not take it anymore.

Maybe my opinion on this movie is invalid because, as we all know, you should sit through the entire movie and share your opinion on it. But the fact that I didn't and found it impossible to watch this movie should say something.

'Catwoman' is officially the worst comic book I've ever seen, yes, even worse than 'Superman IV: The Quest for Peace' (1987) and 'Batman and Robin' (1997).
catanna1Apr 20, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think a lot of the critics just didn't get this movie. Maybe they were disappointed that it wasn't another chapter in the adventures of Selina Kyle. No, it's not: different name, different premise and totally different interpretation of what it might be like to become a Catwoman. What =I= don't get is why there is anything wrong with that? We're talking about a fictional character, people, lighten up! Some of the critics are saying that Halle Berry's performance is too "over the top" after she is transformed. Maybe for a 100% human lady but hey this is a story about a woman brought back to life by a magical Mau on an errand from Bast the Cat Goddess. Halle's facial expressions, voice and moves, especially when toying with her "prey", become verrrry feline which is a good part of the point of the movie. Another point is that Catwoman is both a tribute to female power and independence and also explores the darker side of power in both men and women and methinks some of the critics are a tad uncomfortable with both of these things. Whatever. There's plenty to like in this movie. A mythic storyline of initiation and rebirth, darkly beautiful visuals, a clever Egyptian-inspired cats-and-catwomen through history subplot that starts with elegant title art, solid performances from Sharon Stone, Benjamin Bratt, Frances Conroy and Hembert Wilson and a fine supporting cast both human and feline. Forget the critics. Go see this movie with an open mind and you'll probably enjoy it. And you might even love it as much as I did :-) Expand
SuperheroMoviesAug 3, 2013
If there ever were a template on how not to make a superhero movie, Catwoman would be it. This film is completely void of action, a decent story and only an average lead.
FranlaviSep 26, 2014
This film is amazing: Halle berry is perfect as catwoman. The action scenes show adrenaline. This is my favourite version of catwoman. This is better than the DC version.
ShoBApr 19, 2010
Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for Great movie! Fun, okay action, nice special affects, very well acted by the major's! This is catwoman its supposed to be over the top, LOL. Could have had a bit better directing, but over all very attractive and entertaining. Not for the non-comic fans however, it's not going to fit in anyone's box, gotta take it for what it is. Great movie, lighten up people for goodness sake! Sheesh! Collapse
1 of 4 users found this helpful
TheresaS.Oct 2, 2006
Lighten up, people. This movie is great fun and a totally unique take on the Catwoman myth.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
oxanaSep 12, 2014
I wasn't paying too much attention on a first watch, so I took another. Didn't help much: the story is good, with nice witty twists, but all too obvious. Plus, in my private tastes, there are too many elements I dislike. Sharon Stone isI wasn't paying too much attention on a first watch, so I took another. Didn't help much: the story is good, with nice witty twists, but all too obvious. Plus, in my private tastes, there are too many elements I dislike. Sharon Stone is great, at least when compared to Halle Berry's performance. It is not always easy to be a star... at least in a movie like this. Expand
JbrizzyMay 17, 2012
Imma be honest, as much as Catwoman is may favorite Superhero /Antihero of all time, this film was just B.A.D, I originally saw this when i was 12 and didn't know a bad movie from a good one. BUT, seeing it today makes me want to jump in aImma be honest, as much as Catwoman is may favorite Superhero /Antihero of all time, this film was just B.A.D, I originally saw this when i was 12 and didn't know a bad movie from a good one. BUT, seeing it today makes me want to jump in a time machine just to get my $7.25 back. Like how do directors screw up source material? Anybody coulda went to wikipedia, look up Catwoman, and write a better script than this "movie". I give this a two because Halle Berry would made a believable Catwoman if the script wasnt trash, and the i absoulutly love the music in this movie. Expand
mds03Apr 16, 2013
Why was this movie just in the low standards of mediocre when it could have been pure gold? Don't get me wrong it had it's moments. But barely enough of them. The problems are that it wasn't constantly entertaining and the dialogue was atWhy was this movie just in the low standards of mediocre when it could have been pure gold? Don't get me wrong it had it's moments. But barely enough of them. The problems are that it wasn't constantly entertaining and the dialogue was at times bland and boring. Expand
Evyan2002Jan 24, 2016
Catwoman is an ok movie. The only part I didn't like about it was that half of the time Halle Berry was animated. Her costume was good, but bad animation.
TannerJJun 5, 2009
I can't believe Halle Berry decided to be in this. A disaster in every way possible. So over the top/overdone. What a joke.
JohnE.Apr 15, 2010
By far the most horrible pile of junk every made. All copies of this movie should be burned.
DavidH.Jul 9, 2005
I left this one alone for awhile because the bashing the critic's gave it, I don't usually agree with these sub-humans. BUT I WAS AN IDIOT for taking their advice, i've just seen this on dvd and it's no where near as bad I left this one alone for awhile because the bashing the critic's gave it, I don't usually agree with these sub-humans. BUT I WAS AN IDIOT for taking their advice, i've just seen this on dvd and it's no where near as bad as they made it out to be. Berry is hot! the story didn't quite gel, but who cares! we have halle in torn leather pants and bikini top and a whip to boot,kick ass and that ass...what an ass! what more do you want? ...oh and halle berry's acting was above board as usual. Expand
JagF.Jun 18, 2006
Despite what some people say, I thought this movie had pretty decent action, and an ok story. H.B. is hot!
christiantOct 22, 2006
Halle Berry looks fantastic as always, but the movie itself is HORRID. The CGI and special effects look cheap, the acting is robot-like, the plot is ludicrous and the execution is even worse. Don't bother with this piece of trash Halle Berry looks fantastic as always, but the movie itself is HORRID. The CGI and special effects look cheap, the acting is robot-like, the plot is ludicrous and the execution is even worse. Don't bother with this piece of trash people. AVOID IT unless you wanna laugh your butt off at Berry's ridiculous costume. Expand
BrandonS.Jul 22, 2006
One star for Halle Berry's body, and that'll do it for this dud.
KadeemluvmusicMar 27, 2015
When I first heard about this movie about Catwoman, would it be cool if Halle Berry made a perfect fit to star in a lead role as the fan-favorite female equivalent to Batman? The answer is...NO. To be fair, Halle won an Oscar in Monster'sWhen I first heard about this movie about Catwoman, would it be cool if Halle Berry made a perfect fit to star in a lead role as the fan-favorite female equivalent to Batman? The answer is...NO. To be fair, Halle won an Oscar in Monster's Ball, but how come Hollywood never listens to frustrating audiences wondering why she chose this. No disrespect, I love Halle. Her performance as Storm in the first 2 X-Men films were over-the-line fantastic. But her role in Marvel's arch-rival DC's Catwoman is the only film I watched and so far and when I get to the last few minutes, I traded this movie back at an old Blockbuster Store. Absolutely horrible. Hollywood just got the wrong cast. Michelle Pfeiffer (I howled at her catsuit and her nipples in OG Batman Returns) should've come back and reprise her role. That's sad. And why is 57-year-old MILF Sharon Stone in this movie? That also ended her career and Basic Instinct 2. And what's with those CGI stuff? Did Halle just made it herself? Oh yeah, they made crappy CGI Catwoman a snooze in that awful tie-in video game. I wish that somewhere there's gotta be a porn parody of this mess, Hustler or Vivid anyone?

I just wasted a few bucks to see Catwoman in New York. If I were you, STAY AWAY. Don't buy it, don't rent it, don't watch it on HBO or those other channels that I used to have. I have to say it, but it's worse than Green Lantern. Kinda. But be warned. Awful acting, awful dialogue, awful CGI effects, and awful soundtrack as well. I need my money back, Warners. I think you've just pissed off Bob Kane off his death bed.
otakudbzOct 9, 2016
I don't know how in the world I used to like this movie when I was a kid. Watching it again, this movie sucks. It sucks too much. Please, don't ever watch this movie.
chwSep 10, 2014
What in God's name is this?! This isn't the Catwoman based on Bob Kane's Batman character. The main character isn't Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman, her name is Patience, the opposite of Pitof, the retarded director (name says it all), who didn'tWhat in God's name is this?! This isn't the Catwoman based on Bob Kane's Batman character. The main character isn't Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman, her name is Patience, the opposite of Pitof, the retarded director (name says it all), who didn't do research OR homework on Catwoman despite the suit and name. Expand
FyriFlooMay 27, 2015
I have spent some time cringing at similar films in the past, but this one may have caused some cramping in the muscles of my face that are used to express frustration, disappointment, and disgust. Besides the feeling that this film is moreI have spent some time cringing at similar films in the past, but this one may have caused some cramping in the muscles of my face that are used to express frustration, disappointment, and disgust. Besides the feeling that this film is more or less a corny parody of an extensive and lovable Catwoman lore by DC Comics over the years, I feel that this film is an insult to the talents of Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer in Catwoman past.

As a compromise, at least this film drives one to truly appreciate the casting of Eartha Kitt in Catwoman past and the casting of Anne Hathaway and Camren Bicondova in Catwoman's more recent years onscreen.

A final reflection upon Halle Berry's performance is that she at least was not as bad of a choice as Catwoman as Megan Fox was a bad casting choice for April O'Neil in the new Ninja Turtles film. This is a fair compromise that allows a single point to slip through, but a horrible movie is still a horrible movie, reaching a crescendo of disappointment with a male body double, a forgettable soundtrack, and dialogue that I wish I could forget so easily.

The acting is reminiscent of The Room, but with much less of the laughter and more of the face-palming. I do not blame Halle Berry. Instead, I blame a bad casting staff, a director who is out of touch with fans of Catwoman, and producers who did not scream for things to halt when they were going so horribly wrong. Hollywood is not qualified to create a Catwoman film without consultation and the evidence is in the frightening results.
reviewer2015lolAug 1, 2016
the reason why you don't see halle berry not a lot anymore in movies is because of this. She bombed in the movie so hard it was painfull. Allmost all the actors are overacting, the effects are awful, the plot doesn't make any sense. This isthe reason why you don't see halle berry not a lot anymore in movies is because of this. She bombed in the movie so hard it was painfull. Allmost all the actors are overacting, the effects are awful, the plot doesn't make any sense. This is probarly the worst superhero movie ever Expand
EpicLadySpongeApr 26, 2016
The Battlefield Earth, Showgirls, and Baby Geniuses of superhero movies. Catwoman is a mistake that isn't anywhere from the real Catwoman from the comics. It can go join Batman and Robin and the recent Fantastic Four as one of the worstThe Battlefield Earth, Showgirls, and Baby Geniuses of superhero movies. Catwoman is a mistake that isn't anywhere from the real Catwoman from the comics. It can go join Batman and Robin and the recent Fantastic Four as one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. Halle Berry is killing herself out there. Meow. Expand
gameguardian21Mar 24, 2016
Well this was a catastrophe. See what I did there. This is move nobody really cares about, and I could name so many bad things about this purrfect mess. Jezz I just cannot stop being so corny.
Odd-CriticJun 26, 2016
The lead and supporting performances by Halle Berry and Benjamin Bratt were somewhat worthwhile, though the mostly senseless dialogue and overly cliche elements of the plot override all possible hope that this movie could be criticallyThe lead and supporting performances by Halle Berry and Benjamin Bratt were somewhat worthwhile, though the mostly senseless dialogue and overly cliche elements of the plot override all possible hope that this movie could be critically enjoyed. However, like Batman and Robin before it and Green Lantern to come, the confusing tone that takes itself far too seriously leads to the occasional laugh. Expand
anahamJan 26, 2017
I don't know why people hate this sexy movie. This movie is light but interesting. The movie was good entertainment and well done. That's more than ample.