8.2

1. KevinD.
    Feb 3, 2001
    I thought this film was very funny and the characters were great. I'll admit, this film (like most John Waters films) isn't for everyone, but I will very likely see it again. It is kind of a parody on the whole Patty Hearst/terrorism thing except in this case it deals with the film industry, the great thing is Patty has a cameo in the film as Fidget's mother.
  2. AnnC.
    Jan 26, 2001
    10...But only on a John Waters scale! It is deliciously tacky and decadent, and as a Baltimore insider I revel in the local sights being revealed in a non-traditional manner!
  3. Eran
    Apr 28, 2002
    I thought it was a great movie. Really. The actors were great and dementia was achieved. Well done.
  4. Danica
    Jun 20, 2002
    Excellent characters and storyline. John Waters does it again. Hilarous satire, with just enough movie terrorism to go around. Down with mainstream. Damn right.
  5. CrazyDave
    Mar 21, 2002
    Excellent! Even "mainstream" Waters works!

1. The comedy is frantic and tasteless in the usual Waters mode, but it takes telling potshots at the Hollywood establishment, which isn't nearly so open about the tackiness of its products.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Horton
    A small, scruffy, but agreeably energized comedy.
    Shrill and sloppy film.