5.7

1. Feb 20, 2012
    My 9 year old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!! In fact, I told her I was going to buy it when it came out on dvd!! :) I think people giving this a very low rating are pretty harsh, and a bit stuffy!!
  2. Mar 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed this movie -All of it-. Yes there were some flaws like the over exposed Vanessa Hudgens but you must remember that this movie was not intended for an in-deep analysis.It was an entertainment movie, nothing more. The acting was good while not incredible, but the story line was well-written. I highly recommend this movie.
  3. Mar 12, 2012
    I saw it with my best friend and we both loved it! I think this was a really well done movie one of the better ones. This is my new favorite movie! The way that they make the next movie more obvious with Josh Hutcherson, Sean, says the title aloud. In Journey to the Center of the Earth he just reads the title and I your not paying much attention you might miss it I know because I watched it several times then after a I saw Mysterious Island I then noticed the title. I really enjoyed this movie! Expand
  4. Jun 10, 2012
    The best PG movie in a long time. This was a great science fiction adventure, even better then the first movie, with an amazing plot and great action. You need to get this whenever you are near a redbox machine.
  5. Jul 3, 2012
    This movie is great fun for the kids in more ways that one. It's best not to take anything Dwayne Johnson does too seriously. He has limitations as an actor, but at least he has a good strong, positive personality and can carry a movie like this with aplomb. I recommend this to anyone who has one or more kids under the age of 11. My kids now want to see more Jules Verne films, and who knows maybe even pick up one of his books as well. That can't be too bad, can it? Expand

1. Reviewed by: Connie Ogle
    Feb 16, 2012
    The second installment in a likable family franchise, Journey 2: The Mysterious Island makes a nice case to your kids that reading books is a good idea.
  2. Reviewed by: Andy Klein
    Feb 10, 2012
    For all the special effects – like its predecessor, this is in 3-D – the film coasts on Johnson being charming and Caine being Caine.
  3. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Feb 10, 2012
    It's a thoroughly family-friendly film, with a subtle message about the importance of father figures. Don't expect anything resembling believability, but enjoy the blend of strikingly colorful visuals and banter between odd couple Johnson and Caine, which combine for a mild escapist treat.